New York JFK Airport

"Stay away if you can"

Not Verified | Horrible, horrible experience. The flight was smooth and even arrived a few minutes early. But we had to wait 45 minutes for a gate to deplane, and then another hour for luggage to arrive at baggage claim. It’s just miserable. Stay away if you can.
Date VisitNovember 2021

"This place is a disgrace"

Not Verified | Me and my husband arrived several hours late from our JetBlue flight, from Mexico, because of a delay. We were in Mexico & were told by the attendants numerous times that it wouldn't be much longer, only 15 more minutes. Instead of telling anyone the truth they had us all waiting around for HOURS. This was along with numerous others. Finally we boarded & arrived at JFK around 11pm and were told by the rude attendant that there was not another flight until 9:30 am, because we missed our flight. We told her it was of no fault of ours or anyone of the many others who arrived late due to JetBlues issue. After telling her that we were waiting for our other flight from 1:40pm-6pm and that we had no where to go, she conveniently found a flight at 4:30am. Other guests were told the same thing and we're forced to book their hotel at the airport for the night. We then asked where we could go for the next several hours. She told us there was a lounge downstairs. When we got down there, there were already others sitting around, exhausted. We weren't there for long when the security guard told everyone that they couldn't sit in the lounge area, because they were going to clean it .. while all of us had no to go. My husband and I went back upstairs to find a bunch of people, families & small children, sitting, even laying all over the floor because nothing was open for anyone yet and there were no chairs. What is the point of having a large lounge area, with seating, when no one can use it? So now there are a bunch of customers just lying around, on the floor, exhausted, waiting for the gates to open. This place is a disgrace. No wonder why there are so MANY negative reviews. It's sad to see that Nothing is changing.
Date VisitOctober 2021

"Very bad experience"

(Haiti)

Not Verified | Rude airport staff. No consideration for passenger. No help when requested, no will to help. The agent at the TSA was not nice with my children and the agents were rude. They made us wait so long for an insignificant matter that we missed our flight. Very bad experience.
Date VisitSeptember 2021

"The bags were sitting there for hours unattended"

Not Verified | I strongly believe there are very serious security lapses at New York JFK Airport. On Friday 27 Aug we arrived at JFK from an International origin as transfer passengers enroute to Washington DCA Airport. Our luggage was tagged from origin all the way thru to DCA. The luggage was off loaded from the aircraft and placed on baggage claim while we waited in line 2 hours to re-enter border passport control where only 5-6 agents were processing over 500 passengers, the employees handling the crowd could barely speak English and were extremely rude and unprofessional. Some airport employee placed our baggage at a transfer kiosk and left it sitting there unattended. There was an airport employee standing at a door doing nothing so we asked her why our luggage was just sitting there so long and she said someone would be there so we waited up to 30 minutes. The bags were sitting there for hours unattended because nobody would come and handle our bags and put them in a secure staging area for our connecting flight. We tried asking why and employees would just turn their backs and ignore us. We decided to take matters into our own hands and recheck our baggage at Delta Airlines Ticket counter. We just walked away from there with our bags and nobody said anything so there was “unaccounted for” bags now. After taking a tram and going up and down stairs to 3 different terminals we found an employee that placed our bags onto the incoming baggage belt where we hoped it would find its way to Washington DCA. We then took more trams to a shuttle bus which took us to another terminal where we went thru an absolute chaotic security without any instruction people were yelling pushing and shoving running and our Delta flight gate changed 3 times and was 2 hours late departing. Delta was late on our first flight and lost our bags at JFK and we got them 2 days later overseas while on vacation. It is impossible to navigate JFK because there are no maps and simple instructions for foreign passengers, you must ask one of the extremely rude barely English speaking airport employees who can’t explain the complexity of finding your next terminal. You will have to run everywhere because transfer is so difficult and time consuming and information is unavailable. This airport is also dirty, smelly and worn out old. I would be willing to pay much more money to avoid New York all together for my next International Flight but it is so hard any International flights in the central USA.
Date VisitAugust 2021

"There are no restaurants or food service"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Departing from terminal 7 on LOT. Flight delayed 4 hours, must wait 2 hours outside Security until check in. There are no restaurants or food service, one broken vending machine and one filthy restroom.
Date VisitJune 2021

"most importantly he actually found my purse"

Trip Verified | I left my purse on the flight, and ran back to the airport to get it. There was nobody at Delta to help me and I was so scared because all my identification, medications, and my last paycheck were all in that bag. I was desperately looking for help. Then the sweetest man, an agent who checks boarding passes right before TSA, helped me. He was patient, calmed me down, was quick, efficient, and most importantly he actually found my purse. I know I got really lucky because it was the plane's last stop, but if I hadn't come across someone as kind I probably would have never gotten it back. I thank him and everyone who was involved in recuperating my purse from the bottom of my heart. You all could have chosen to take it, steal the contents, or just thrown it in the trash but everybody had a lot of good in them that night.
Date VisitMay 2021

"lack of professionalism should not be excused"

Trip Verified | Worst TSA! Negligent, rude, inefficient, dismissive. The manager of TSA (bearded and in his 50’s) was combative and immature to a point of disbelief. The lack of professionalism should not be excused.
Date VisitSeptember 2020

"a horrible horrible experience"

Not Verified | The worst airport ever. All NYC airport staff generally rank low in terms of attitude and manners. It isn’t uncommon to be greeted with a very confrontational service. On this occasion I had booked NYC as a family holiday and left by the end of the week feeling so upset. A woman and man working at security shouted at my and my family completely unnecessarily. They demanded we fold down our pram with my sleeping 1 year old baby in it and then shouted at us to get her out and the to move on immediately whilst other members of staff watched with complete indifference and smiled. It was a horrible horrible experience. They created an unbelievably tense and hostile environment, which the staff almost fed off. It was not the best holiday given an UBER driver demanded $250 after taking us from JFK to our hotel, and the hotel mixed our rooms up (the Maxwell on Lexington Avenue) Leaving 5 of us to share a double room for 5 days. All in all an awful experience made even worse by the airport staff.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"The worst TSA ever"

Not Verified | The worst TSA ever. I was 40 minutes early before doors closing and its took 30 minutes just to get thru the security and when arrived at the door 2 minutes late they wouldn't reopen the door.
Date VisitApril 2020

"the slowest staff ever"

Not Verified | Worst airport I’ve ever arrived into. Huge queues probably due to the slowest staff ever. Despite queues out of the door and we were there for over 2 hours, staff could be seen chatting to each other between customers (not asking for next in line due to talking) and then taking an age to process, the whole time being very unfriendly and downright rude! Worst security checks anywhere.
Date VisitMarch 2020