New York JFK Airport

"Extremely confusing through security"

Trip Verified | Terrible experience. Zero seating in check in area so if your early no where to sit. Hand sanitizers are empty. Extremely confusing through security. People coming from all different lines into one very small area. No room, TSA seemed stressed trying to get people to stand in the right places because everyone was so confused. Good experience was awful too.
Date VisitApril 2022

"absolute worst airport experience"

Trip Verified | This was my absolute worst airport experience. Arrived from Heathrow and needed to transit to Nashville - we had a three hour window. Long story short we missed our connection due to the chaos at immigration. Out of 60 booths at times two were manned and they said there was a computer glitch which meant no non-US passengers were being processed. We queued for over two hours. Nobody cared. Delta staff were very helpful and we were transferred to a later flight. We had dinner in T4 and it was cold and the power went out What a disgrace and a terrible introduction to the US.
Date VisitMarch 2022

"What a horrible experience"

Trip Verified | I was at JFK at my gate and had already gone through security checks. Waiting for my flight when cleaning crew came up to me and told me that I had to leave. I explained I had already been through security checkpoints ,I had my boarding pass they kicked me out and told me they were going to call the police on me because I was in the area that I should not of been in which was the gate 1 flight 7 Alaska to Seattle. They informed me that they did not have to wear masks since they were the cleaning crew. What a horrible experience.
Date VisitMarch 2022

"been waiting for my luggage for close to an hour"

Not Verified | I have been waiting for my luggage for close to an hour now. I think they really need to step it up in the baggage claim department. I have not seen 1 bag come down the conveyer belt for 30 minutes now. I don't think it's that hard to grab a bag and put it on the belt.
Date VisitFebruary 2022

"Utter shambles"

Not Verified | Utter shambles. I was in transit but baggage can't go through seamlessly, unlike at every other airport I have transited through. Security was a nightmare, not even trying to maintain any social distancing. The place is a health hazard.
Date VisitJanuary 2022

"helps their friend to skip the process"

Trip Verified | I'm TSA Pre Check traveler and I was surprised to see an Officer give special treatment to a couple by helping them skipped the lines. The way they were interacting it was obvious the knew each other, how can I feel secure when we a TSA helps their friend to skip the process, what else do they do? Everything else was good, TSAs are busy and working under a lot of stress, so they are stern and they don't need to be friendly and I'm ok with that.
Date VisitDecember 2021

"Not one beverage vending machine"

(US Virgin Islands)

Trip Verified | Arrived from LAX at 12am with a 9 hour layover. Walked the entire terminal looking for a bottle of water. Not one beverage vending machine. Every vending machine I came across sold either Sim cards or headphones. I found one food vending machine but no beverages. If you don't save your empty water bottle you can't refill at the tap water fountains they do have, if you don't drink tap you will die of thirst until shops open at 6am.
Date VisitDecember 2021

"Stay away if you can"

Not Verified | Horrible, horrible experience. The flight was smooth and even arrived a few minutes early. But we had to wait 45 minutes for a gate to deplane, and then another hour for luggage to arrive at baggage claim. It’s just miserable. Stay away if you can.
Date VisitNovember 2021

"This place is a disgrace"

Not Verified | Me and my husband arrived several hours late from our JetBlue flight, from Mexico, because of a delay. We were in Mexico & were told by the attendants numerous times that it wouldn't be much longer, only 15 more minutes. Instead of telling anyone the truth they had us all waiting around for HOURS. This was along with numerous others. Finally we boarded & arrived at JFK around 11pm and were told by the rude attendant that there was not another flight until 9:30 am, because we missed our flight. We told her it was of no fault of ours or anyone of the many others who arrived late due to JetBlues issue. After telling her that we were waiting for our other flight from 1:40pm-6pm and that we had no where to go, she conveniently found a flight at 4:30am. Other guests were told the same thing and we're forced to book their hotel at the airport for the night. We then asked where we could go for the next several hours. She told us there was a lounge downstairs. When we got down there, there were already others sitting around, exhausted. We weren't there for long when the security guard told everyone that they couldn't sit in the lounge area, because they were going to clean it .. while all of us had no to go. My husband and I went back upstairs to find a bunch of people, families & small children, sitting, even laying all over the floor because nothing was open for anyone yet and there were no chairs. What is the point of having a large lounge area, with seating, when no one can use it? So now there are a bunch of customers just lying around, on the floor, exhausted, waiting for the gates to open. This place is a disgrace. No wonder why there are so MANY negative reviews. It's sad to see that Nothing is changing.
Date VisitOctober 2021

"Very bad experience"

(Haiti)

Not Verified | Rude airport staff. No consideration for passenger. No help when requested, no will to help. The agent at the TSA was not nice with my children and the agents were rude. They made us wait so long for an insignificant matter that we missed our flight. Very bad experience.
Date VisitSeptember 2021