Milan Malpensa Airport

"Worst airport experience ever"

Not Verified | Airport was quiet but it still took almost three hours to: 1 Get through check in - we’d already checked in online, just needed bag drop, but there was no option to do this - also business class tickets, but our check in was still slower than economy, due to only having one staff member vs three): 50 minute wait 2 Security - only three screening conveyors open for the ENTIRE airport: 1 hour wait 3 Pre gate passport check - again, only two booths open, for everyone flying out of B gates, another 50 minute queue. Made it to the plane just in time to board. No staff, aside from a few disinterested people standing around with no apparent role or desire to help. Very stressful and deeply unpleasant. Apparently many people missed their flights. Worst airport experience ever.
Date VisitJanuary 2022

"told us we had plenty of time to get to the gate"

Trip Verified | We arrived at the airport on time and checked in, following check in the staff asked us to help an elderly man with the passenger locator form. Of course we were happy to help. The staff had no one else to check in at any of the desks and was extremely rude to the man. After we finished they told us we had plenty of time to get to the gate. We didn’t make it. The boarding staff told us our checked luggage would be at Stansted - it was not it was still in Milan. Speaking to the check in staff again they shouted at my group and the elderly man and said they would do nothing. The ticket desk was no better, pulling other people out of a queue before us and tell the man they didn’t care if he could fill the forms in or not. After sorting our tickets we found the man and helped him complete all his paperwork for the next flight. And proceeded to wait the 12 hours. The airport itself was fine, had plenty of places for food and drink and the other staff within the airport were friendly.
Date VisitDecember 2021

"No customer care or consideration whatsoever"

Not Verified | We were transferring from Wiz Air to EasyJet on September 27 2021 to fly to Amsterdam. Not one person at check in (check in area 10) told us about EasyJet carry on rules. Our e-ticket/boarding information didn’t say anything either. We paid €80 for two small bags (hand luggage) because no one informed us prior to boarding about this! If you work at an airport, surely you must know and give all information available before take-off. So disgusted in the money-making way of doing things. No customer care or consideration whatsoever. EasyJet must also update their information on all travel websites so customers can be prepared.
Date VisitSeptember 2021

"Terrible queues, insufficient number of employees"

(Russian Federation)

Not Verified | Probably the worst in Italy and basically reminds me Africa and JFK. Terrible queues, insufficient number of employees. Laziness along with stupidity. To say nothing about stupid procedures on self declaration on COVID handing to police this creating terrible crowd with no distance.
Date VisitJuly 2021

"there is no social distancing"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | One of the worst European airports to arrive and under normal conditions I would have used Zurich and connected to Varese by car or train. The airport is badly maintained, old and desolate. Luggage is slow to arrive, no one around to help, no friendly faces. Of course as their surveillance cameras will show there is no social distancing despite the markings. No enforcement or warning my local police officials just watching the free for all to yank luggage off the belt. Very disappointing. And the one toilet I did visit on the way to the luggage area was filthy. Not the most hygienic place to arrive at.
Date VisitApril 2021

"Very low standards of hygiene"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Flew KL 1630 from MPX to AMS. Airport toilets are in a shocking state. Very low standards of hygiene. On arrival at final destination the checked in bag was lost again from MPX. This has to be one of the worst airports I have been in and a case study in poor management and absent leadership. Does anyone actually supervise anything there? And please just a handle on how to transfer bags. Its not possible that every second trip there my bag is lost. Somebody do their job!
Date VisitJanuary 2021

"I've never seen anything more poorly managed"

Trip Verified | I've been to many airports, and this is without a doubt the worst I have ever experienced. I had to run from one end of the airport to the other to check in, because they had only opened one door. The queue was huge, with only 2 staff working. I joined the queue at just after 5, & wasn't checked in until 5.50. I then had to pay an exorbitant fine for airport check-in, and paying required a separate queue - another 15 minutes, to be served by a woman who snatched my payment slip out of my hands, then threw my card back when I'd paid & said 'ok, go'. Then I saw the security queue, at this point with only half an hour before my then-late flight was due to leave, I've never seen anything more poorly managed, there was barely any system, everyone packed together like cattle. I managed to get to the front of the queue as people kindly let me through, only to meet one of the rudest women I've ever encountered. This agent at security control nodded to allow me to skip the line, which I did, then began shouting at me for going through. I pointed out I didn't intentionally do the wrong thing, so she began shouting & condescending me as if I didn't understand English 'keep a distance, stay away, do as I say!' - if we are to follow the distancing rules, why is everyone herded together like pigs in a trough awaiting feeding time?! Then as I was putting my luggage in the trays, again she shouts at me, this time also grabbing my arm to add extra spice to proceedings, & begins barking 'wait for the bags to go through the machine, them first, then you!'. I've literally never encountered this rule at any airport, & it became clear she was doing this to humiliate me, as I watched as she didn't do it to a single other person. I dropped my e-reader without noticing, then happened to see it, and her smirking and looking away with no intention to tell me. Thinking of her now makes my blood boil, she should not be working in a customer-facing role, the tiny bit of power she has has clearly gone to her head. I then had to run the full length of the airport again to get to my gate, was seen by many members of staff but never offered any help, I made it eventually, to find the plane delayed by an hour, & the only shop at the gate closed. As I showed my boarding pass & passport, when we finally began boarding, the woman checking laughed and said 'oh yes, I saw you running before!' - as if the concept of customer assistance had completely passed her by. If you are concerned about the virus, this is the airport to avoid like the proverbial plague - everyone was packed as closely as possible at all times, it appeared to be some kind of competition to see how many human sardines they could fit in the tin, the signage is out of this world, the distance between the major points puts the London marathon to shame, and all in all I never had a worse airport experience than this. I was supposed to be flying from Milan Bergamo, but I guess for extra fun WizzAir decided to change last minute. To keep us all on our toes I suppose. If you see this airport as a destination or departure location, no matter if free first class tickets are served to you on a complimentary golden diamond-encrusted platter in the business lounge, with the promise of the celebrity of your choosing serving drinks on board as you are treated to a full body massage, serenaded by the entire Royal Operatic Society and eating food cooked by Gordon Ramsey himself - fly somewhere else.
Date VisitAugust 2020

"below standards for a European airport"

(Honduras)

Not Verified | Long queues for check-in and for immigration. Waiting time of luggage never less than 30 minutes. Wifi very convoluted to get on, asks a lot of unecessary info, and is slow. Certaily below standards for a European airport.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"Terrible arriving experience"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Terrible arriving experience. 2 hours waiting time for immigration control. This happens every time for the flights arriving from outside EU, especially when arriving at evening.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"the worst airport I've ever seen"

(Romania)

Not Verified | This is the worst airport I've ever seen. The food court is very poor! After the passport control you don't have anything to eat or the possibility to buy a snack or something. I travel a lot but I haven't seen anything like this in my life. I walked a lot to reach the gate B and I was in a permanent hurry even I Ieft the city with 3 and a half hours before the flight on a Sunday. I will try to avoid as much as possible this airport.
Date VisitJanuary 2020