Dusseldorf Airport

"long wait time for luggage"

Not Verified | Ridiculous long wait time for luggage at the belts. Had to wait over an hour and saw literally just a few pieces of luggage passing by every 5 minutes. Avoid arriving here if you have checked in luggage.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"Last time that I will use"

Not Verified | After arrival, you usually can use a luggage cart, but in Düsseldorf, you need to pay for it, while you don't have euro's, then it's not possible to use them. Visa card doesn't work either, unbelievable! Last time that I will use this airport. I have never used an airport where you have to pay for a luggage cart.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"the prices were outrageously high"

Trip Verified | Had to stay in this airport for 4-5 hrs waiting for my next flight. Small airport, the toilets were dirty and they were overflooded. The thing that upset me the most is that the prices were outrageously high. 11 euros for a sandwich and a coffee? Everyone knows that everything is not cheap in the airport but when you have to wait for your next flight inside the airport, they should have at least some decent prices. Guess how much you pay for a 0.5L water, 3 euros! 3 euros for 500ml of water. It is not champagne or Moet Brut for goodness shake! At least the wifi was free and with a good normal speed to browse.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"Avoid at all costs"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Came with a flight from Santorini and had to get my suitcase and then start check in to Copenhagen. The check in took forever. People were standing in the luggage drop off even that they hadn’t checked in. Then to the check of boarding card, here it was chaotic, so was the security check. In the departure area there is nowhere to buy drinks and snacks like in a kiosk. People don’t speak English. One of the worst airports in Northern Europe.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"avoid this place"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | One of the worst airport which I know - lounge both for business and Senator is terribly dirty and badly organized. When it comes to staff - the worst staff possible - and that is not the first time I experienced that - service desk is always closed, when the plane is delayed, information is coming after the time of boarding if you are lucky or after departure time. If you will manage to find the person in any counter - they are very arrogant and not polite and for sure they are not going to help you. You are treated like an intruder all the time - if you can avoid this place.
Date VisitJune 2019

"only endorse the airport"

Not Verified | Dusseldorf is one of the most beautiful airports I know. The main terminal has a pleasant and modern atmosphere. The waiting time at the security checkpoints was short. In addition there are 3 different security controls in Dusseldorf which one can cross regardless of which terminal one flies. In the Great Duty Free Zone there is plenty to shop. The seating (Terminal B) was sufficient. But there were not many flights that day. The visitor's turf is definitely worth a visit with the entrance fee of €2.20. On the terrace itself, however, there are not many seating options. And the security check in front of the terrace often takes a long time. But all in all, I can only endorse the airport.
Date VisitMarch 2019

"nice to receive proper explanation"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Not a good experience I had. I have used this airport hundreds of times and I hadn't had bad experiences before, but today it was bad. It was an early flight that I had to catch, departure time was 07.20. I wanted to arrive at the airport before 06.20, I left the hotel at 05.55. I got there in time, at 06.10, it should give me enough time to sit in a lounge. It was early on the morning when I left the hotel so I didn't have breakfast there, my plan was to eat at the airport. After check-in I walked towards the entrance to the security area. Oh there was a long queue. Maybe one hundred people queuing up to go through the gates with scanners. I had an access to the priority lane, where has very few, approx five persons making a short queue. There was one lady from this airport, speaking out loud to these people in queue. She was speaking in German. I didn't understand the language. Many people started to go away. When I looked at the gates, all gates was showing big "X" on the screen. I figured that they stopped these gates. But I wanted to make sure and also wanted to know what it was about, and where I should go to then. I approached to the lady who was making that announcement to the crowd and I asked. She started to speak to me in German, even though I asked in English, and then she only said "gate is closed". Of course there were other people cutting me off and asking questions to her in German, of course she looked at German speakers immediately and spoke a lot of words that sounded like a lot of information, which I didn't get. Finally I figured that I needed to go to the security area of the area B. I was in the area A because my departure gate was in A. I started walking towards the area B. By that time, the big queue was almost gone. I guess everybody already was moving to B. Over there it was not so crowded. I went through security, I was in now, and then I had to walk to the A area. When I arrived to the boarding gate, it was already 06.42, eight minutes before the announced boarding time. No time to go to the lounge. Okay, let's let me starve. I mean, big crowds can happen. But, when that happens, it would be nice to receive proper explanation with proper attitude, that they didn't provide. If the lady explained in English too when she was speaking to the crowd, I could have understood earlier and reached to the gate earlier. If she explained the reason, that could have made me accept the situation easier. Instead, what I received was only one word "closed" and after that was being ignored.
Date VisitJune 2019

"the place has seen better days"

Trip Verified | Firstly the pedestrian routes between Terminals are a complete farce. If you’re planning to transit through this airport leave plenty of time to negotiate stairs, cafes, duty free zones, passageways and open doors leading outside and no airport visit is complete without an encounter with drunk noisy singing gangs of German lads. Generally the place has seen better days, it’s badly organised, grubby and hopefully not representative of Germany.
Date VisitJune 2019

"a great and modern Airport"

Trip Verified | First of all, Düsseldorf Airport is a great and modern Airport. It is clean and signs are everywhere. However this time, arriving in Düsseldorf was a pain. We had to wait ages for immigration and we also had long waiting times on the baggage claim.
Date VisitMarch 2019

"expect queuing times at the security check in"

Trip Verified | We have departured from Düsseldorf to Dublin. The Airport was pretty empty at 9:00 in the morning however expect queuing times at the security check in. The selection at the Duty Free shops is outstanding.
Date VisitFebruary 2019