Boston Logan Airport

Boston Logan Airport customer review

I use this airport about once a year and I find it good with the exception of international arrivals. The Ted Williams tunnel makes connecting by road to the I90 and I93 simple. Taxi times can be long but airlines usually allow for this in their schedules. However immigration is a disgrace. On my last trip I was near the front of the queue and still took more than 30mins to clear. Some of the officers seemed to be on a deliberate go slow. A number of flights arrived just after us and by the time I left it looked like people at the back of our queue would have several hours to wait.

Boston Logan Airport customer review

Boston's Logan International Airport is a fairly decent airport. It offers a variety of regional and international flights. The parking is a hassle and is expensive in my opinion. Other than that they have buses and shuttles that will take you to terminals car rental places and hotels. The terminals are easy to navigate as is the whole airport. There is usually a long line at the security check but moves fast and is no problem. Taxiing on the the tarmac is a different story. There are lines and they cane take long. Once I had to sit at the gate on the plane for an hour after arriving from New York's JFK Airport. Only a couple of flaws.

Boston Logan Airport customer review

Terminal E is clean and modern efficient - not so good with regard to facilities airside. Without lounge access it would have been a different story in ranking.

Boston Logan Airport customer review

Flying out of Boston Logan on March 11 was a nightmare. They have the new body scanners and TSA staff don't know how to use them and then they did not have back-up when the one in our line went down. The lines were backed up to the front doors and when we finally made it to put our items on the security line - they were letting other passengers in front of us. After we had been in line for 1hour 20 minutes - with no explanations why. Everyone was upset. Then after the whole body scanner everyone got a body search. 2 lines over however they didn't have the "new scanners" so people were going thru those lines very quickly. The attendants and TSA staff bringing other passengers in front of us would not explain and in some cases ignored questions from passengers seeking answers.

Boston Logan Airport customer review

Terminal A Delta baggage check-in staff attempted $150 shakedown - failed when finally got it thru to them that each passenger is entitled to 2 check-in bags for International flight. First agent named took her lunch break in the middle of checking our luggage! Said she had been working since 4am and at 9am always takes her break then left us with another agent who proceeded to try to shake us down for $150 extra bag-when we were only carrying the allowance and all bags were under weight limits. After insisting we pay her over several minutes each time my reply was we had the legal number of bags she finally realized she was wrong but did not apologize.

Boston Logan Airport customer review

I have flown in and out of Logan a lot. I have twice suggested Logan adopt an inside-security shuttle between concourses to put an end to their double TSA screening of connecting passengers. I clear TSA at my home airport and am forced to leave security upon arrival and walk a mile or wait for an inconsistent outside-the-terminal shuttle bus and get back into a TSA line with hundreds of people. They are creating their own turmoil. SEA-TAC shuttles people from one gate at one concourse to another gate at another concourse. People remain screened and secured between concourses.

Boston Logan Airport customer review

Found the airport to be fast efficient and clean. Signage easy to understand and baggage arrived quickly. Only issue is with the taxis. A US$3.50 "exit tax" added to every fare plus another $4 toll to go through one of the tunnels into Boston. BOS to Long Wharf / Ferry terminals (a 10 minute ride) is about US$30 with tip. I'm guessing $6 a mile at least.

Boston Logan Airport customer review

Although Boston Logan is a rather large international airport (though not as large as JFK LAX and Heathrow) it is designed to feel as if it is not a chaotic bustling place. The security check-in and lounges are placed conveniently to the point that if you are making use of one. TSA people were professional and organized as well as the valet help desk and information. Two gripes - the baggage claim signal is rather annoying in that it goes for 15 blares and the Massport officials are still working on a design plan for the B terminal. They need to remodel it soon! Signage from the Mass Pike and the city are superb and the whole place is a delight to navigate.

Boston Logan Airport customer review

As mentioned an adequate airport. I would describe it as one of the smaller major airports-- at least that is the impression gets within one of the individual separated terminals. Not a large variety of shops and restaurants but enough to get by. Taxis into town are expensive but there is also the Silver Line bus/trolley into the waterfront area and which connections to the regular subway system and a free (I think) bus that goes to another subway stop on a different line.