Boston Logan Airport

"In the future, we will avoid Logan!"

Trip Verified |  It was so bad. My family of 4 traveled in and out of Logan to drive up to Maine. The incoming flight on Delta was ok, but the transit on the Blue Line to the car rental facility was awful. p.s. good luck trying to find signage that says where and what to do! The bendy bus (Blue Line) was crowded and it took so much time loading luggage on and off. We eventually got to the car rental facility and rented our car. Drove to Maine. Had a great time. THEN, we returned to Boston to drop off the car and catch a flight on Jet Blue. This time, the Blue Line going from car rental to airport was even more of a disaster. Overcrowded (some guy brought a bike on board and was blocking the luggage rack), no announcements - is this Terminal A? B? Oh, it's still B? No, its C! Where are we? When we finally got through that morass, we got into the JetBlue check in area. We tagged our own bags. Then, we proceeded to wait in a very long cue to just drop our bags off. The conveyor belt was not working. The was a Sunday morning in August when everyone and their brother is traveling. I cannot recall the last time we experienced such an inefficient system to get people from one point to another. I'm giving an overall rating of 2 - only because the people we spoke to were somewhat friendly despite their own circumstances. In the future, we will avoid Logan!
Date VisitAugust 2022

"such a rude staff member"

Trip Verified | I have never encountered such a rude staff member. We were checking in our bags to get home to Medford Oregon. We had a layover in Salt Lake. The woman at the Delta counter let my daughter's suitcase go through even though it was a few pounds over. My suitcase was over by 4 pounds and she told me I could transfer the 4 pounds to my carry on and she would not charge us extra. She told us to come right back to her and she would fix it. We did that, but she must have gone on a break. We had to wait in line again and when we got to the counter, the man there was so rude. We told him what had happened he stood there stone faced and charged my daughter for the extra weight, weighed mine and I distinctly saw 49 pounds, but he put a "HEAVY" tag on it and wrote in 51 pounds, which I later discovered when I got home after missing a flight due to a delay and having to stay overnight in Salt Lake.
Date VisitAugust 2022

"I am so angry"

Trip Verified | My plane arrived at 12:20 am at gate B11 and my connecting flight was from B15 at 8 am. 7 hr layover. I went to gate B15 and found a place to sleep and some idiot came by and kicked me out and sent me down to the exit doors. Said the area I was in was secured area. I had already gone through secured checkpoint in Miami and Boston was my connecting flight. I am now sitting in a dirty floor because there are no seats out here. And I have to catch my flight but I have to go through secured checkpoint yet again. I am so angry.
Date VisitJuly 2022

"This could have been avoided"

Not Verified | We were departing Boston, Logan Airport from a family vacation on Saturday, July 23. Some of us departed from terminal B on American Airlines. Those departing from terminal B, for American Airlines, did not have to remove shoes or take electronics out of their carry-ons to go through security. They "breezed' through. Those departing from terminal A, for Delta Air Lines, had a very different experience. First, the man looking after the area to put items through the scanners was awful! He was more concerned with flirting with the young girls than assisting passengers. After being asked 4 times if we had to take off our shoes, he finally said "yes", but neglected to tell us to take our electronic devices out of our carry-ons. After a wait to have the bags examined and electronics pulled out, and sent back through the scanner, more than 20 minutes had been wasted. This could have been avoided, if an employee, who is paid to do a job, would have done his job,
Date VisitJuly 2022

"shuttle bus was way overcrowded"

Not Verified | The shuttle bus to the rental car Center was way overcrowded both on arrival and on departure. It was standing room only packed in like sardines and they were not nearly enough buses.
Date VisitJuly 2022

"Not at all the impression this airport needs"

Not Verified | Baggage claim for a Delta flight in Terminal A took over an hour. No explanation was given for the excessive delay. When the staff in the baggage office was asked as to why the luggage was delayed, they gave no information, and had a very bad attitude! Not at all the impression this airport needs.
Date VisitJune 2022

"the worst airport for checked luggage retrieval"

Not Verified | This is the worst airport for checked luggage retrieval. Whether you are flying locally or international it doesn’t matter. They never seem to have the crews or support. This is the third time in a year I came thru Logan and it took about an hour from the flights arrival till bags start to come out. This morning I landed 45 minutes ago. I have global entry so I was waiting for about 30 minutes to get the bag.
Date VisitJune 2022

"signs could not be more confusing and overwhelming"

Not Verified | The signs could not be more confusing and overwhelming. With the amount of traffic, there’s not time to read the two dozen different lines on the signs to know which of the dozens of forked roads to take, whilst also driving and trying not to hit or get hit by the other vehicles, who drive way too fast on these roads. They need to have speed limit signs, police to patrol drivers using excessive speeds, and bring in a psychologist that understands how to format the signs to be more easily understand using average scanning and visual information processing skills. Compared to the simplicity of my local airport, Logan is just way too big without the organization necessary to be one of the largest in the country. And I’ve been in the area 20 years and there seems to always construction closures and detours.
Date VisitJune 2022

"worst airport I have ever been in"

Trip Verified | This place is a mess. The second we exited our flight, there were people lying all over the floors. No seats in site, lines of people 100 deep, looking for help/direction. The bathrooms are super small, 2 stalls, plus 2 urinals. Which created massive lines. The majority of the staff was rude, thankfully we were able to find one angel in the bunch to give us honest answers about flight delays, etc. The food was gross, and just throw together. Staff could care less about any questions we had and seemed to be doing everything they could to pass us on to someone else. After multiple delays, a cancellation we were rebooked. While waiting multiple hours overnight for the next flight, myself and approximately 30-40 others were completely kicked out of the airport by an unmasked officer. Now remember at this point we are just over 2 hours from our boarding time, which is the suggested time to arrive. We tried to explain this to the officer and he could care less. Kicked us out and forced us to follow him and exit at the complete other end of the airport. Where we find a line of people he did the same thing to literally sleeping on the Linoleum floors outside TSA and check ins. I will never come through this airport again, can easily say the is the worst airport I have ever been in.
Date VisitApril 2022

"forced to try and find places to sit"

Not Verified | My mom, friend, and friends mom arrived at Boston Airport around 1:30AM. We had a flight to Aruba at 6:00AM, so decided we would stay in the airport until that flight, instead of getting a hotel. We were able to make it to our gate, but was immediately kicked out and told that the area we were in was secured. We were asked to move to the public/checkout area, and we personally asked if there would be chairs, the worker replied with “yes, there will be chairs” We moved to the checkout area where there were 0 chairs or anywhere to comfortably sit. (see picture below of the vents we had to sit on) We were told we had to wait until 3:30AM to go through security for a second time. As we were waiting, another family with around 6 very young kids were also removed from the gate area, and were forced to try and find places to sit. There were none, so they walked and tried to find somewhere else to sit. Bostons Airport needs to provide some chairs or benches for the public to sit in the checkout area. It is the least they can do for the people flying in and out of their airport.
Date VisitMarch 2022