Wizz Air

(Spain)

Madrid to Katowice Kiev to Katowice Katowice to Madrid. Newish A320s on all segments. Clean aircraft comfortable seats polite and friendly service. As with other low-cost carriers with no assigned seating the gate areas get a bit push-and-shove with people elbowing to get ahead even though except for boarding in Madrid (which was a more-or-less orderly line through an airbridge) everyone's getting on a bus to be taken to the aircraft parked on the apron anyway. Noticeably better than Ryanair throughout the whole process and for me at least on these flights a notch above Easyjet.

Wizz Air customer review

Varna - London Luton. Modern clean aircraft with adequate legroom. My complaint was that the Captain switched on the seatbelt sign shortly after take off and said that the crew were unable to commence their inflight duties as we were expecting some turbulence. After an hour of near perfect flying conditions the seatbelt sign was switched off and the crew commenced the service. It seemed obvious that the crew could just not be bothered and sat in the rear galley chatting and eating.

(Belgium)

BUD-CRL-BUD. A320's are okay especially the new additions to the fleet with a slightly different interior compared to the old ones. It is a usual no-frills airline so I do not have much to say about the FA's. The biggest problem with the airline is that its flights are almost always delayed (or at least on this route). It is usually operated towards mid - to late-afternoon which means delays have already accumulated during the day. I think you are lucky to get away with a 60-120 minute delay on my last CRL-BUD flight I was delayed for over 4 hours.

(Italy)

BGY-SOF and BBU-BGY. Flight to Sofia delayed half an hour with no remarks shown on the monitors; plane not brand new but acceptable seat pitch and polite crew. Return from Bucharest Baneasa was on time but the boarding hall in this airport is a disgrace being overcrowded with few monitors (very hard to be read) and with no space for more than 250 persons so guess what happens when all the 4 gates are operating at the same time. Besides that it took 40 minutes to get through passport control and security checks. The plane to Bergamo was a new A320 with miserable leg room and hard leather seats. As on the onward trip all the announcements were pronounced so quickly that it was almost impossible to understand what they were talking about. Even the safety announcements were obviously made only because it is compulsory by law since they were just rushing to complete the sentences as soon as possible complying with the short time between bording and departure. When I fly with a low cost carrier I often wonder if the cabin crew would really be able to manage any kind of emergency since I do have the feeling the everything is speeded up to the very limit and this is against safety. It was my first time with this airline and I do not find them to be worse or better than the other major cheap carriers I have been on so far.

Wizz Air customer review

Treviso to Lviv. Seemed like a new plane. Very comfortable satisfactory legroom and very polite and friendly service.

Wizz Air customer review

Rome to Prague. Was very happy with the flight. Airplane clean with leather seats. The flight attendants were polite. Baggage claim was quick.

Wizz Air customer review

This airline is terrible! Timetable changes (moving flights to different days rather than times) after you've booked are unacceptable when people have already made non-refundable bookings for ground transportation and hotels etc). Wizzair do this with appalling regularity and with no regards for the effect on its customers.

(Belgium)

We often fly with Wizzair to/from Charleroi/Budapest and find it quite reliable at least on these destinations. The cabin crew is usually friendly and assists with our small children. We only got a lost suitcase once around Christmas so it took longer to retrieve it but we eventually did. I don't know about other destinations but if you intend to fly between Brussels (Charleroi) and Budapest I would recommend it.

Wizz Air customer review

Avoid Wizzair! A group of us had our outgoing flight cancelled. We made a claim for a refund for that flight. That was 6 weeks ago and there has been no response. I have called their phoneline (which is premium rate @ 95cent per minute) several times and no one has ever answered. Those calls have cost me around 40 euros already. Terrible company

(Czech Republic)

PRG-LTN and LTN-PRG were rather good flights. Minimum legroom friendly staff. Would prefer flying CSA to Heathrow any day but we flew to LTN on Friday and back on the following Tuesday bought tickets on Tuesday afternoon for 8900 Czech crowns all included (1 checkin bag) - that's less than 250GBP when buying 2 days in advance - cheaper than any other carrier.