Wizz Air

"the worst airline experience"

Trip Verified | Lviv to Gdansk. My wife and I were charged $86 USD today by Wizz Air in Lviv, Ukraine to print out our boarding passes! This despite upgrading to priority status and trying repeatedly to download our boarding passes on their mobile app and Website. Neither worked! Tried discussing with their customer support, but they were no help. A review of social media shows many complaints about Wizz Air, it's unethical practices and failure to follow up with refunds. We are retired and are very experienced travelers. This is the worst airline experience we've ever had!
RouteLviv to Gdansk

"absolutely useless"

Trip Verified | Luton to Larnaca. Do not use this airline. You will end up paying for everything, they charge you for not checking in. We paid for the check in luggage but when we got to the airport we were told that we haven't and they tried charging us. I showed them my bank statement showing the payment being taken then they spoke to their accounts team who confirmed the payment. Customer service at the airport is absolutely disgusting very rude does not have any communication skill what so ever. It seems like they don't enjoy their work and is there for the sake of the money. This was first time I used Wizz Air and will be last time. I will never ever recommend my friends and family to use this airline. Please stay away from this company they are absolutely useless and you will end up paying extra for everything.
RouteLuton to Larnaca
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Extremely poor site and service"

Trip Verified | Extremely poor site and service. Experienced a system issue with the Wizz Air site that disallowed me to proceed with an online check without an assigned seat. Tried on various computers/mobile devices and ilnet connection to no avail. It was definitely an issue with the Wizz Air site. Turned up to the airport early to explain this to the Wizz Air customer service desk and still had to form out a 32.50 Gbp fee for a printed ticket. The fee is steep but understandable for those that forget to print their ticket. I feel I should have had the fee waived given my circumstances. Raised an online ticket for refund asking them to check my log data for my login attempts to verify system issue experienced. After no update from Wizz Air I contacted the listed UK number for existing bookings found on their website only to be told I contacted the wrong number. I offered to direct him to he website advising of error and he simply replied "look man, I know that's on the site but this only for people who need assistance". Extremely poor site and service. Take my advice and fly with a different airline. The amount of issues you'll face is not worth the 10 quid you'll save with this mob.
RouteLuton to Bucharest
Date FlownOctober 2018

"long, long waits in the bus"

(Hungary)

Trip Verified | Budapest to Kiev. Boarding involved long, long waits in the bus to the aircraft, and in accordance to Wizz's new policy hand luggage couldn't be taken into the cabin, but other than these, it was a smooth, pleasant flight with lovely crew.
RouteBudapest to Kiev
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"a bunch of cheeky scammers"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Warsaw to Keflavik. A scandal - this is all I can say. WizzAir appeared to be a bunch of cheeky scammers. They produce a really bad app and they will tell you that you need to check in 3hrs before the flight. Then the app will not work (because it's horrible) and they will charge you approx. 100EUR for 2 people for a check in at the airport. It's not about the money - I felt robbed and you never forget these things.
RouteWarsaw to Keflavik
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"What a terrible experience"

Trip Verified | Bratislava to Luton. What a terrible experience! Would never use this airline again. Staff unprofessional could not hear announcements including safety ones when this was mentioned to cabin crew she just smiled and walked away! Plane was dirty still had rubbish on floor from previous flight. I Could not wait to land back home and get off, would not recommend this airline to anyone.
RouteBratislava to Luton
Date FlownOctober 2018

"no one responded 44 days later"

Trip Verified | Suceava to Luton. I submitted claim as per Wizzair guidelines and filled online form on 21/08/2018. Automatic response was send same minute but no one responded 44 days later to my claim which is regarding service I paid for and did not receive (company policy states it takes up to 30 days to respond). Called call center on 0330 977 0444 number today asking about update regarding my claim. Answer was "They are very busy". I asked can I speak or call to "Them" answer was no. When I asked can I speak to manager, answer was that managers are not answering phone calls. The customer service contact details are well hidden, I called the contact number provided above but did not get any answers nor advise what should I do next.
RouteSuceava to Luton
Date FlownAugust 2018

"baggage policy is a joke"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | Birmingham to Bucharest . The baggage policy is a joke because they do not check and people bring very large bags on board. The spaces between chairs are way too small to be legal. I do not know how they can operate in legal conditions. I've seen animals travelling in better conditions. None of the pilots speak good English. I never understand what it is the pilots say. The priority boarding is a joke. I will never fly with them again. I have learned my lesson.
RouteBirmingham to Bucharest

"No benefits whatsoever"

Trip Verified | Wizz Air used to be a small airline with nice fares and helpful and friendly staff. They have recently expanded in a short period of time, and I believe this is where the problem lies. I have had 3 errors while making three different bookings in the last 2 months. I travel between university and home approximately every 2 months, and sometimes my family visit so you can imagine, there are a lot of bookings. No benefits whatsoever - no collecting airmiles, no benefits for frequent travellers. You have to buy a membership to get cheaper flights but nothing apart from that. The website is ridiculous. For example, last month (Sept 2018), I used my bank card for a booking and at the end of the transaction, I received an error notification that the bank card did not work and I was instructed to repeat my transaction again. A phone call came and I did not manage to try immediately. 2 minutes later, I receive an email with a summary of my booking because the transaction was actually complete! So luckily, I had not tried a second time. Another example (Sept 2018) is when I tried to add 2 suitcases to an inbound flight. But instead, they were added to the outbound flight! That is 2 suitcases of 20kg, so I am still waiting for my refund of almost £50. No emails from Wizz Air yet. I have travelled with Wizz Air for 5 years now, it used to be an affordable airline, simple way to get from A to B. Now each booking comes with a problem. Each time I am on the website, it feels like I am gambling today. Am I going to end up losing £50 or will everything go well maybe this time? I am a student, so it is really difficult. But I imagine it is the same for anyone.
RouteBudapest to London
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"Worst customer service ever"

Trip Verified | Worst customer service ever. The information re extra luggage is misleading and false. I added an extra suitcase, checked both ways box, the system clearly showed the charge for both ways (top and calculated in the bottom) and then I got a confirmation email that covers one way only, for 63£! The Call center refused to refund me for the charge and so far, there's no response to my complaint form. I was forced to leave the suitcase at the destination so I wouldn't be charged both ways. The flight went smoothly with no delays and the crew were polite and efficient. Yet, I would expect to receive efficient service when things go off plan and it does not seem that Wizzair are capable of that. If you decide to travel with them, do your homework first. I won't repeat the same mistake again.
RouteLuton to Tel Aviv