Wizz Air

"they refused compensation claim"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Flew with them 7 times so far, every single flight was delayed, last delay was 24 hours and they refused compensation claim, no idea how the EU letting this company keep getting away with this.
RouteVienna to Reykjavik
Date FlownJuly 2024

"very unpolite and rude with us"

(Romania)

Not Verified | They cancelled the flight and did not offer any reason. They said they dont have any alternative flight back and then they kept us 7 hours in the airport until they offered us a hotel for the night at 70km distance from airport and they did not offered any transport back to the airport in the morning. They did not offer us water or food during the waiting time as the law says. The staff operators there were very unpolite and rude with us and shouted many times at all of us when asking for information. They did not refund our expenses because of the cancelled flight and we ended up spending more than 500 euros to come back home, I almost lost my job because it took 3 days to return home. And we waited 7 hours to get a transport to a hotel and first time they sent a minivan with 8 places and after another hour of waiting they send a normal big bus to take us all to hotel.
RouteMemmingen to Timisoara
Date FlownJuly 2024

"transfer service was highly disappointing"

Trip Verified | My dissatisfaction with the airport transfer service provided by Wizz Air in Baku, Azerbaijan. Unfortunately, our experience was far from satisfactory, and I feel compelled to share the issues we encountered. Despite the voucher indicating that the driver would wait at the arrival area, we found no one there upon our arrival. My partner called the contact number provided, only to be told that they were unaware of our scheduled transfer. After sending the confirmation voucher via WhatsApp, we had to wait for over an hour before the car finally arrived. The vehicle that arrived was old, broken, and lacked air conditioning. We paid AED 241 (approximately AZN 111.55) for this service, which is quite expensive. Considering the high cost, we expected a better experience. In comparison, using the local app BOLT, the same journey would have cost just 7 manats. Our experience with Wizz Air's airport transfer service was highly disappointing and not worth the expense. I hope that you will take this feedback seriously and take the necessary steps to improve your services to prevent other customers from having a similar experience.
RouteAbu Dhabi to Baku
Date FlownJuly 2024

"refused my refund claim request"

Trip Verified | Wizz Air kept the charge for luggage I didn't actually use, payment for a specific seat but then changed aircraft and after three days of my relentlessly trying to check-in both online and on the Wizz Air app I arrive at Gatwick Airport South at 01:00am for a 5:35am flight to no try and check in to no staff or self checkin kiosk and consequently had to wait until just before 4am for one person to eventual arrive and then charge me further to check-in even after explaining and then sending screenshot evidence attachments and also the receipt. Wizz Air unlawfully charged me and refused my refund claim request also even due to their having both system error, website issues and Wizz Air app technical issues today they have the audacity to send an email update stating that their system is working again for people to use and book further flights. I have never flown with Wizz Air and had taken a wellness trip via holiday prior to my having major surgery so booked via agency Loveholidays to stay in a wellness hotel in Marrakech and have never been been more stressed or treated so unfairly and disrespectfully than I have with Wizz Air and this has been my first and ONLY time ever flying with them. What a great first impression you left. I am disgusted disappointed and extremely let down ... so to now receive today's celebratory email update saying your system is working now is ignorant distasteful and a sacrilege.
Route Gatwick to Marrakech
Date FlownJuly 2024

“service was severely lacking”

Not Verified | I recently flew with Wizz Air and it was the worst flight experience I've ever had. The service was severely lacking, with the cabin crew displaying rude behavior throughout the journey. To top it off, the flight was delayed by three hours, which was incredibly frustrating. I would not recommend flying with Wizz Air based on this experience.
RouteAbu Dhabi to Dammam

"Awful experience"

(Czech Republic)

Not Verified | Awful experience. We received countless emails about checking in online or face payments at the airport. I tried several times on numerous computers to check-in and enter our flight details, with the same response each time saying 'We had failed online check-in'. We tried to contact Wizz Air but you would have better luck finding the end of a rainbow. We turned up at the airport with panic and anxiety, unsure if we were able to fly. Uninterested staff checked us in telling us we have to check in at the airport. On the return flight, we had the same emails and panic but thinking we had to check-in at the airport, we didn't take any notice of them. Only for the staff at the airport to charge us more than the complete price of the flights as punishment for not checking in online! Their answer was that the two departing airports are different. Nowhere on any of the paperwork does it mention that these airports are different! A complete disgrace and impossible to contact or complain to. Completely disgusting service. Don't use them, you will regret it.
RoutePrague to London
Date FlownFebruary 2024

"service is rude and unhelpful"

Not Verified | Got my flight rescheduled one week prior to the date of the flight for a date 3 whole weeks after the original purchased date. Customer service costs five euros a call, and you have to make various to get around a reschedule, because service is rude and unhelpful. I ended up wasting 70 euros worth of calls to change the flight to a date that suited my schedule, and had a horrible experience doing so, I received responses on the light of "we have zero flexibility here", "I heard you, but will not solve your problem, I'll leave a note, call back again in an hour". I had the phone hanged up to mid-call several times, and denied information and support. Only could I solve by showing up to the actual WIZZ office on the airport
RouteRome to Berlin
Date FlownJuly 2024

“They have no respect for passengers”

(Romania)

Trip Verified | On the 04.07.2024 I had my flight back to UK from Romania at 06:10 morning time. All good until the boarding was complete. The flight departure was settled for 06:10 and after 30 min of delay I activated the service button so I can ask one of the crew members about how long the delay will be. A lady from the crew came and she didn’t had an answer regarding how long the delay will be, I asked to be kept informed about this issue and she replied that she will ask the pilot to make an announcement. Nothing happened. No messages from Wizz Air company regarding the delay, no information provided by the crew members. I was just waiting knowing nothing. After another 20 min of waiting I see other lady from the crew coming out from the pilot cabin. Thinking that she may know something by now, especially because she stayed with the Capitan, I activated again the service button so I can ask her about the delay. She then came to me asking me straight away if I speak Romanian to which I replied yes. Then she asked me again if I'm sure I speak Romanian and I replied that for the last 40 years I keep on talking Romanian daily as I'm a Romanian citizen. This questions put me in such embarrassment and discomfort. I felt like a child at the kindergarten. The lady crew member then told me that “this is not a bus to answer how long the delay will be” to which I replied that I know and as well I haven't paid £1 for the ticket. Then, the lady crew member saw that I was having my mobile phone in my hand and told me that filming the crew is not allowed and asked me to delete the video. I replied to her that I did not film the crew or the cabin to which she demanded to handle my phone to her so she could check if there is any video with the crew. I refused to give her my personal item because she doesn't have the legal right to ask me this and only the competent authorities can ask for this. She then called the Frontier Police to escort me out from the plane. I need to specify that during the whole interaction between me and the lady crew member I had a decent language, I didn't engage other passengers, I wasn't aggressive with anyone, I wasn’t under the influence of any substance and I did no damage. Even being escorted I kept my calm. The lady crew member gave me a paper called “the final warning” in which she mentioned the fact that I was talking loud and bad towards the crew and I refused to delete the video with the crew. Which video, which bad words? I did not had the right to reply or to agree or disagree with what she wrote down on the “the final warning” sheet. The Frontier Police said that not even they are allowed to ask me to handle my personal item. This lady crew member attitude put me in such a big discomfort from all points of view. And as an end to my story, as an advice I would say: For your mental and social health avoid Wizz Air!! They have no respect for their passengers and they are abusing the power that they have as a whole company!
RouteBucharest to Birmingham
Date FlownJuly 2024

"Fly with them at your own peril"

Trip Verified | You should avoid this airline at all costs. They will be late 100% of the time, and they will rob you 50% of the times. I paid for a 1st row seat and they changed me to the row 36. No “sorry”, no money back. Just taking my money. Fly with them at your own peril
RouteWarsaw to Barcelona
Date FlownJuly 2024

"Every flight is delayed"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | I am a regular flyer from Bucharest to Birmingham, Luton, Gatwick and Stansted. On the plus side: New planes, lots of space and more seats. Nice uniforms. Reasonable ticket prices. On the downside: Every flight is delayed up to one hour. Luggage prices are expensive, so are seat prices and then they moved me (3 times now) to let the staff have my seat during the flight, as I always choose the rear window seat, to ease my claustrophobia! Very limited in flight service, so no food or drinks etc. They change flight times and your seat number online, without notice, leading to several confrontations. Conclusion; Nice shiny planes but expensive add-ons and 9/10 flights are late by an hour! I will revert to Ryanair and their grotty old (cut cheap) planes next flight!
AircraftA321 NEO