Wizz Air

"never fly this rubbish airline again"

(Portugal)

Not Verified | Our flight was scheduled at 11.05. Now for the third time it is delayed to 15.02. We are travelling over for a funeral tomorrow and were to be picked up at Gatwick by friends travelling from Brussels. Not going to happen now. This is the 3rd time in 3 days this flight has been seriously delayed out of Faro. Totally unacceptable and nobody to talk to. Will never fly this rubbish airline again.
RouteFaro to Gatwick
Date FlownOctober 2022

"stuck on plane, no information"

Not Verified | Terrible experience, avoid this airline whenever possible if you don’t want to ruin your holiday. Delays, unforeseen shaky landing, stuck on plane, no information - all the worst flying experiences you can find it here. Had a flight that was supposed to arrive at 9:20pm, still stuck on the plane after 1.5hrs. It's a Sunday evening flight people need to work tomorrow. Will never take this airline ever again.
RouteBudapest to London Gatwick
Date FlownOctober 2022

"Wouldn’t recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | They have untrained and inadequate staff, extremely rude. They occupy the front cabinets with their luggage which means that the passengers flying on rows 1 and 2 need to store their stuff beyond row 3. Their flights are delayed and they never compensate. The irony lies on the fact that they are asking for a review after each flight to certify how awful they are and once you are confirming their level of unprofessionalism they are asking to compare our experience with Ryanair. Ryanair is far more professional than this inadequate airline. Wouldn’t recommend this airline not even to an enemy.
RouteGatwick to Athens
Date FlownOctober 2022

"cancelled flight in June with absolutely zero customer support"

Not Verified | You are better off paying more for another provider or even walking to your destination than flying with this shambolic organisation. I would give 0 or even minus if I could. They cancelled flight in June with absolutely zero customer support at the time meaning we had to abort our holiday to Sicily and drive back from Gatwick to Bath as no Hotel was offered and no alternative flights we available. No one at the airport to talk to. Fast forward to October and we still haven’t received our £600 compensation which we needed to cover the cost of our hotel and travel costs to and drop the airport. Despite countless emails that are never replied to. We did receive an email saying it would be paid in 14-20 working days. This date came and went as we expected it too. They make it as difficult as possible to receive your money and are virtually uncontactable. The live chat doesn't work, several times I have joined and received a message saying 'agent has left chat' before it has even begun. I have spent hours trying to connect to someone with no luck. They are happy to charge £1.50 a minute to call their helpline which I refuse to do, as I will never spend another penny with this pathetic excuse for a company. It has been exhausting and has tainted my view on flying aboard, purely because of the level of hassle this has created.
RouteLondon to Sicily
Date FlownJune 2022

"don't use Wizz Air"

Not Verified | I'm a frequent flyer (twice a week between UK and EU) and this airline is the worst I've used. They used to be good but not anymore. Almost always late and if you want to get any refunds or reimbursement retrospectively you cant forget - it will take ages. Just a friendly warning - don't use Wizz Air.
Date FlownOctober 2022

"want to receive the reimbursement"

(Italy)

Not Verified | I spent the whole day to go in this trip. Drove more than 150km from Torino to the airport in Milan, I had to leave the car in a parking that cost 15 euro a day, then on the way to the airport I got a message saying that the flight it was postponed from 19:25 to 20:45 and then after a long wait at the airport I got another message informing that the flight it was cancelled. So basically I had to drive all the way home again and could not find another flight and lost a important course that I was going to do. I want to receive the reimbursement.
RouteMilan Malpensa to London Gatwick
Date FlownJune 2022

"Wizz has been an awful experience"

Trip Verified | Booking was fairly easy and seemed a reasonable price. We only took hand luggage which worked well. Outbound flight to Podgorica went ok with a small delay and staff seemed fairly friendly. However, on our return flight we got delayed 5 times at the airport before being completely cancelled with no reason given. I had no mobile service and the airport had no wifi available for public use. I therefore asked airport staff for help who said they were unable to help and to contact Wizz directly. I eventually managed to get Wizz on the phone who offered me a refund for my cancelled flight but no further assistance. I therefore had to go around asking people to hotspot their mobile data so I could organise alternate flights, hotels etc. Because Podgorica is a small airport we had to travel to Dubrovnik, Croatia to get home. I have since sent a claim to Wizz, the claim was sent over 30 days ago and their website clearly states "normally dealt within 7 days, certainly within 30 days" - well that obviously is not true. I have tried contacting Wizz in other ways but they literally make it impossible with every member of staff saying they are unable to assist and unsure what to do. Overall Wizz has been an awful experience and for the sake of saving £50 each on air fares we're currently over £1000 worse off due to rebooking flights, accommodation, taxis etc. I really would recommend choosing a more reputable airline that at least helps out when flights inevitably get cancelled.
RouteLondon Gatwick to Podgorica
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"return flight was a nightmare"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Cant complain about the outgoing trip, cheap, about what you'd expect, the return flight was a nightmare, The flight got cancelled 3 hours before boarding, we were informed at check-in, didn't get a notification for the airline about the cancellation. Compensation: still ongoing, they gave us credit for their airline, which we explicitly said not to, and got denied accomodation and rebooked flight refund. Their site and claims management is really bad, their site logs you out whenever you go to the claim forum, they dont support password resets (even tho they say they do, my father got locked out of his account and is unable to get in no matter how much he tried to reset the password), unnecessarily convoluted.
RouteTel Aviv to London

"not refunded me yet"

Trip Verified | If you want to take a risk for the low cost airline go ahead but beware they will cancel at the last moment and you will have to pay double or triple the amount for the next ticket. This happened for me and the best part is that its been 30 days and they have not refunded me yet.
RouteAthens to Abu Dhabi
Date FlownOctober 2022

"doing everything in their power to ensure you can't check-in online"

(Israel)

Not Verified | They are doing everything in their power to ensure you can't check-in online (deliberate bugs, no mobile compatibility, error messages etc.) so they can charge you in the airport 90 euro. This is my 3rd flight with them on the span of 2 years and the process is just becoming more harder and impossible online so they can steal money from you. "Seat selection not available" while trying to check in and then they ask you to use live-chat which never works because all reps are busy all the time (for 2 years), they force you to call their call centre which is a premium phone number! (2$ a minute!) and charge you 15 euro per each change or transaction (even check in over the phone when the online doesn't work).
RouteTel Aviv to Vilnius