Wizz Air

"the seat was comfortable"

Trip Verified | Luton to Athens. Not a bad experience for a budget airline - way better than Ryanair. I had extra legroom and didn't eat or drink any Wizz food. On the way to Greece a woman asked to sit in an extra legroom seat two seats from me and was allowed to, so maybe it's not necessary to pay extra for that if you travel alone. My only complaints would be: confusion about the baggage allowance meant I worried a lot about whether I could take my small bag on the plane (I was allowed, but according to their rules I should have been fined as I didn't have Priority), and the check-in desk was very slow to open at Athens, so a long queue formed. Otherwise, we boarded on time and the seat was comfortable.
RouteLuton to Athens

"strongly recommend avoiding"

Trip Verified | Ljubljana to Brussels. Absolutely terrible. Online check-in was unclear and the summary of booking information, which I carefully went through in the morning of my flight, contained no information about it being necessary to avoid a 30€ payment at the airport. I was first given a boarding pass with no problems when I arrived at Ljubljana airport and the boarding to the plane was about to start, as suddenly I was called to information situated outside the security. I was called to pay the 30€ because I had done the check-in at the airport (paper? The 2-second service?), and given no option to fight back because my flight was about to leave. I was treated like an idiot because I had not figured out that online check-in was needed while apparently having "ticked the box" to agree to do it online while booking. Apparently I would have figured this out by logging into their website. As if I had nothing better to do with my time than browsing their website just for fun. This was my first time with Wizz air and I had no idea this company had all these different ways to trick the customers. They probably make a fortune with the misleading check-in information. I am sure they have received many complaints but there are still no reminders nor links to the check-in sent to the customers. I strongly recommend avoiding, they give you a headache.
RouteLjubljana to Brussels
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"charged 37 euros to check in"

(Estonia)

Trip Verified | Tallinn to Luton. I was unable to check in via app, and then was charged 37 euros to check in at the counter. Will not use this airline again, and I do not recommend it.
RouteTallinn to Luton
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"Horrible service, rude staff"

Not Verified | Flew London Luton to Larnaca. Absolute worst ‘company’ I’ve ever flown with! Charged me and my boyfriend £64 for the pleasure of checking us in at the desk which I’m pretty sure is their job, so why they think it is okay to then charge us so they can push a couple of buttons, I’ll never know! Horrible service, rude staff and just an absolute awful experience! Will never fly with Wizz Air again.
RouteLondon Luton to Larnaca
Date FlownJune 2018

"most terrible experience"

Trip Verified | Berlin to Kiev. The most terrible experience one might have. If you didn’t register online you will pay registration fee at the airport! To register you and print a boarding pass apparently will cost you 35€ per person. Almost half of your ticket price. I guess paper cost so much money that they can’t even give you a discount.
RouteBerlin to Kiev

"pay £30 to check-in"

Trip Verified | Flew Wizz Air from Wroclaw to London. Please don’t give them your money. For me it feels like a scam company. You pay £20 for the ticket and then online check-in does not work and you need to pay £30 to check-in at the airport. Should have bought a far better (and in the end cheaper) flight from another company.
RouteWroclaw to Luton
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"Would fly Wizz Air again"

Trip Verified | Skopje to Berlin. Having read other reviews on this website, I was surprised that my flight with Wizz Air back home was (like the outbound one) flawless: easy booking process, informative app, speedy check-in process, orderly boarding process, aircraft less than one year old, professional crew, affordable inflight food and drinks - you name it! Can also recommend their Limo transfer offered on their website or app. Not their fault, Berlin is not able to get its act together running a decent airport. Baggage delivery in rotten Schönefeld airport (worst airport in Europe let alone of a Western capital) took ages. Would fly Wizz Air again in a heartbeat.
AircraftA321-200
RouteSkopje to Berlin
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"pay a little bit extra"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Bucharest. The worst service and flight company ever. The flight was delayed with 1 and half hours without any good reason (the weather was good, other flights were on time). The arrival hour should have been at 2am in the night and they landed at 3am. Before boarding, they changed the gate 3 times. Then, also before boarding, they labeled the cabin luggage randomly and by force: I told them that I want to take with me in the cabin and that it was very small luggage, below the maximum limits for cabin luggage. They didn't care and lied that it will not necessary go to drop off, the flight attendant will hold them only if there will be no more space in the cabin. It was a lie because we were among the first to board and they took the luggage to the drop off. The places for luggage in the cabin were almost empty near our seats, so it was only mockery what they did. Besides that we had to wait at 3:30am half an hour for the luggage. Another problem is that the space in the seat is too small. I have 1.7 meters height and I stood with my knees stuck in the front seat. I cannot imagine how taller persons can fly 3 hours in that tiny place. Conclusion: never, ever flight with this joke of company, they have the absolute worst service I ever experienced. You better pay a little bit extra money and fly with another company, but do not make the mistake to fly with Wizz Air.
RouteBarcelona to Bucharest

"pleased with my flight"

(Cyprus)

Trip Verified | Larnaca to Katowice. I was pleasantly surprised and very pleased with my flight, the price my son and I got was a great deal. No delays, flight staff pleasant, check in was great! My bag was to be on hold but I asked at larnaca if I could take it on board as I have a bus to catch right away when I get to Poland.The agent was fine with that, leaving Poland was amazing the staff at the airport were friendly and very accommodating! My son paid for priority so he is able to board 1st.We had tried to modify my booking when we booked and it wasn't letting us add the priority for myself. But at the end it didn't matter cause in Poland I asked the employee of wizz Air if I could be with my son in the priority section or line so that I could possibly sit with him. The flight wasn't full, she told me yes u can, she lifted the rope and said it's fine she told the agent in the priority that I was ok to be there. I actually was able to sit with my son too. I will be flying Wizz air again in the future!
RouteLarnaca to Katowice

"Absolutely abysmal service"

Not Verified | Absolutely abysmal service. Travelled with my partner and friend from Luton to Larnaca and return. My friend requires assistance on and off the aircraft. The airport staff were fantastic but the airline insisted that he must sit at the back of the aircraft in a centre seat despite the fact that he had paid priority with an extra leg room seat. The priority boarding at Luton and Larnaca was an absolute insult to intelligence. 5 lanes of check in for standard fare and one lane for priority. The entire flight was checked in before the priority queue had moved. Priority boarding is only priority through the gate and not boarding the aircraft. My friend ended up foregoing any assistance to board the aircraft In order to keep his extra leg room seat as he would have been in a great deal of discomfort over a 4 hour flight. As a business traveller flying around 50 times a year I have never witnessed such poor service. Needless to say I will never fly with Wizz air again and will certainly not recommend them to any of my associates or friends.
RouteLuton to Larnaca