Wizz Air

"flight attendant was not really friendly"

Trip Verified | The flight attendant on Wizz Air flight from Nuremberg to Skopje was not really friendly. After the flight was boarded we kindly asked a male flight attendant if it is possible that we sit at the emergency exit seats for more leg room. To which we received no answer but an ignoring look. And the seats remained empty for the whole flight.
RouteNuremberg to Skopje

"A terrible experience"

Trip Verified | A terrible experience masquerading as good value. If you don't check-in online 3 hours prior to boarding you are required to pay a fee (40€ per person in our case) for the privilege of checking-in in person at the airport. But there's more! They were not able to accept payment at the check-in counter, so we had to find a hidden counter at the end of the airport (not even labeled with Wizz Air) in order to pay. The payment system was painfully slow, taking up to 10 minutes per person since they had to document the payment through handwriting. This process took an hour to go through about five groups. No exaggerating. Then our flight didn't even start boarding on time, as the flight before us from Wizz Air was exceptionally delayed due to a large number of passengers needing to do the same process of paying to be able to check-in. That said, I am unsure I can rule out organizational incompetence as well. Now onto regular airline things: seats did not recline and no complimentary beverages or snack.
RouteAthens to Vienna
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"problem right from the minute i booked my ticket"

Trip Verified | I flew with Wizz Air on 20/08/21 and I had problem right from the minute i booked my ticket, after approval of my purchased ticket I received notice that I have underpaid my ticket by £24 I then called the call centre twice - the first time I was on hold for 50 minutes and nobody answered, second time 1 hour and still nobody answered. Finally I managed to pay the outstanding £24 ,a few days later I wanted to download my boarding ticket i then received info that I couldn’t download my boarding pass because I was over £12 then realised I was charged £12 for spoilage fees due to my original purchase being underpaid without my knowing. The day of my flight I was still unable to check in which meant I had to arrive at the airport 5 hours before my flight, finally managed to check in after 2 hours because staff didn’t know how to help I got sent to 5 different staff members. I had the exact same problem flying back.
RouteLuton to Warsaw
Date FlownAugust 2021

"incredible difficulties checking in online"

(Austria)

Not Verified | This review is not about the flight itself but the website and customer service. The website is the worst thing I have seen probably. We had incredible difficulties checking in online and ended up paying a large fee at the airport. On our way back we tried online book in - it was not possible. There is a service hotline that charges incredible fees and a hidden service hotline that doesn´t charge. Calling the later a man with a very heavy accent answered. I had to tell him my booking number, which I did. It started with GG****. Upon spelling it I was informed that there is no letter G in the English alphabet. We agreed that actually there was a letter G. After a very treadful conversation absolutely nothing got done - I'm still not checked in. I fully expect to be charged another 50€ for not being able to check in beforehand, which as I said was literally impossible. I will never book this airline again.
RouteVienna to Thessaloniki
Date FlownAugust 2021

"pro charging customer everything"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | The flight itself is ok but the customer service and non working check in which later cost you 75€ is the worst. This is pro charging customer everything company rather than pro customer. We as passengers must stop using those cheap airlines as the cost of it is a regular airline but it is just hidden in luggage and extra charges. If I would be the ceo of such company this days - I would be ashamed.
RouteWroclaw to Mykonos
Date FlownAugust 2021

"never fly with Wizz Air again"

(Bulgaria)

Trip Verified | I had flight from Palma de Mallorca to Larnaca with transfer in Budapest. Wizz air changed the time of the flight from Palma to Budapest with few hours, so I was gonna lose the flight from Budapest to Larnaca. I tried to contact them, but no answer on the phone, no email of them, so I called to the airport of Larnaca and they told me that the only option I have is to change my flight from Budapest to Larnaca with 12 hours, for the next day and pay the fee 35 euro. So I had to stay all night on the airport and wait for my flight. I had important meeting in the morning in larnaca, so I couldn't wait for it. I decided to buy another ticket, of course with another company. Well Wizz air didnt refund me money, couldn't change the date of the ticket for free, even though was theirs fault and I paid more money for my new ticket. I will never fly with Wizz Air again, the worst company ever. There is no way you can contact them every change u want to make on your ticket u have to pay 35 euro, even if u want to cancel it. This cheap ticket with wizz air became so expensive.
RoutePalma de Mallorca to Larnaca via Budapest
Date FlownAugust 2021

"unprofessional and chaotic service"

(Romania)

Not Verified | This is the last time in my life when i fly with them. The most unprofessional and chaotic service. We wanted to secure our luggage with plastic, we were told that is closed, without any other explanation. Next, at the check in, they were trying everything to accuse you of something and make you pay extra (for example, the change of the surname is 120euros). Last, but least, when we made the security check, they treated us like objects of some kind, they didn't even allow the time to recover our things.
RouteRome to Bucharest
Date FlownAugust 2021

"The worst experience ever"

Trip Verified | The worst experience ever. Endless queues with no distance at all. Staff unprepared and kept asking us to move from queue to queue. I was with 2 special needs children with the sunflower collar and asked for help with the checking and they refused. We were waiting for almost 2 hours at the checking point and they signed our boarding pass at 5.20 am and closed the gate at 5.39am. They did not inform the aircraft that we were a group of family 10 people the last ones doing the checking to that place and we needed to pass through the security to them arrive to the gate. They closed the gate without us and denied us. We were unable to fly. My kids were in emotional distress and we arrived at the airport at 4am and joined the queue which was for 8 different countries at the same time.
RouteLuton to Zakynthos
Date FlownAugust 2021

"cancelled time and time again"

Not Verified | My Wizz air experience starts 1 year ago. Booked flights to Alicante which due to covid have been cancelled time and time again. Additionally my Next two flights 26 Aug & 23 Sep both significantly changed and I mean by days. They bring me home 2 days early and despite me trying to get them to bring me back 2 sept instead 29 Aug. ( I had booked 31 Aug originally) they won’t budge. On top this the money I paid for Wizz discount annual Membership has expired and despite I’ve never managed to fly with them will they agree to extend it for another year or refund it?
RouteDoncaster to Alicante
Date FlownAugust 2021

"they will never refund this money and aren’t bothered"

Not Verified | I booked a flight for 6 people with Wizz Air which was cancelled within 2 days more than a month ago and still no refund. Wizz Air were still selling tickets days later for this flight. Having called them at least 20 times they have a terrible attitude and either hang up after being on hold for half an hour or lie and initially said refund would be 1 week, when calling back this has turned to 3 weeks and when no refund still they say I needed to complain to the airline. Now I am going to the Financial Ombudsman and through Credit Card protection as they will never refund this money and aren’t bothered.
RouteLondon to Dalaman