Wizz Air

"forced me to pay 40 euros extra"

(Denmark)

Not Verified | Larnaca to Copenhagen. I couldn’t manage doing the check in online. Therefore, I go to the counter in the airport for standard check in. At the counter in Larnaca Airport there is another company named LGS Handling LTD and I speak with a lady who told me that I have to pay a fine of 40 euros in order to “unlock” my check-in and be able to take my flight as I was supposed to do it online instead. I explained to her my situation, that I couldn’t do the check-in online as there was this disservice on the Wizz Air website. I refused to pay and she called her supervisor/manager, who tried to convince me again that I had to pay. I refused again. Then he said he would contact Wizz Air to see if they could solve the problem (not sure he did it to be honest). LGS Handling forced me to pay 40 euros extra in order to take the flight I already paid for before.
RouteLarnaca to Copenaghen
Date FlownMay 2022

"3 times booking with them and not a single good experience"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Absolutely the worst airline ever. Avoid if you can. I can't imagine Ryanair to be named the worst airline when there's Wizz Air in the world! 3 times booking with them and not a single good experience (first two booking were made on the same day before I realized how absolutely horrible they were and the third one was made using the credit for my cancelled flight). Their customer service is non-existent and will never help you. Be careful, their online check in often doesn't work and you end up paying for airport check in! Just be kind to yourself and avoid this horrible airline!
RouteSarajevo to Charleroi
Date FlownMay 2022

"cabin crew was friendly and helpful"

Not Verified | All started pretty well: check in was fast and efficient although confusing for those who had booked priority, but then boarding was already chaotic because entry to the plane was made possible through front and rear entrance without advising pax which option to use - resulting in some clever people to get in at the back and then pushing themselves to the front, literally sitting in the 4th row! Then the fun started: we pushed away from the finger only to return after a long wait, getting told that due to a technical glitch some formalities had to be redone. After a lengthy conversation, we were asked if one of was willing to move to a seat on the other side of the plane to get the balance right, otherwise we won't be able to take off - one passenger makes a difference, really? Anyway, flight was uneventful only the fact that you can't move the seat back at all made it a bit uncomfortable, cabin crew was friendly and helpful and we arrived safely with two hours delay in Athens.
RouteAbu Dhabi to Athens
Date FlownMay 2022

"worst airline you can choose"

Trip Verified | Worst airline I have ever used in my life. Flights are delayed or canceled in the last moment without justification, plane is small and dirty, on our flight, half of menu items were not available, staff is rude and unprofessional. On flight from Catania to Abu Dhabi, after boarding one person decided she doesn't want to fly and left the airplane. As a security procedure, staff shall check and verify each bag in the cabin. This was done only for half of the luggage even we requested the staff to do it for all. This is failed security protocol and was reported to authorities. All in all, worst airline you can choose. Avoid it at all cost.
RouteCatania to Abu Dhabi
Date FlownMay 2022

"The cancelled my ticket"

(Luxembourg)

Trip Verified | The cancelled my ticket less than 10 days before the actual flight and refused to offer the legal compensation. A disgrace. They claimed they have sent the cancellation earlier and as a proof they showed a comment from their system mentioning a hoax address, very different from the one I used for my booking.
RouteBrussels to Bucharest
Date FlownAugust 2021

"No assistance whatsoever"

Trip Verified | Went to the counter to check in. Informed us to get queue for security check. There’s 100 people in one queue and there’s 2 lines only for all the passengers in the airport in Tel Aviv with one man checking each line for security check. Letting people wait in one queue for 30 minutes then moving to another queue at the end of the line. No assistance whatsoever from the airline team. No responsibility and accountability in the ownership of organizing people. Twice we were informed we have to wait in the line with the same manager and blatantly lied about it. Informing us that we are wrong. Won’t refund the tickets because he isn’t part of the airline! But he’s there in the counter for Wizz Air checking in clients! Another long queue for departure gates with only 4 counters open. You need more than 4 hours to get in to your flight or they’ll just tell you that you can’t get in and buy another ticket! No empathy. Employees are rude.
RouteTel Aviv to Dubai
Date FlownMay 2022

"all round terrible experience"

Trip Verified | An all round terrible experience. Flight delayed by 3 hours, applied for compensation via the company website and it was declined as my flight landed ‘2 hours and 57 minutes’ after it was supposed to. Never received customer service this bad in my life, would really advise people to avoid Wizz Air as much as possible. Spend a few more pounds and fly with a decent airline.
RouteMalaga to Luton

"worst company ever"

(Bulgaria)

Not Verified | Sofia to Lisbon. This is the worst company ever! Ever. 1st their website crash every 5 minutes and you are not able to check in or buy ticked, and you have to wait for the website to restart. Also they send irrelevant messages to the customers regarding important documents. I have received an email this morning that I need to full fill locator form for Portugal and on their website said you don't need it. Then I had to call to support (mission impossible), but after 100 times I found the number and I called they assured me I don't need this form regarding the last regulations in the country. But this is not all. I bought a ticked in advance with priority mode and when I had to check in I got a random place. Then on the next day I have received more that ridiculous message from them: " Please note that the type of aircraft booked for your flight has been changed so that the seat (s) you originally selected is no longer available, and we are currently unable to allocate you space on the new aircraft. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please arrive at the airport 3 hours before the departure time of your flight to receive a new allocated seat (if available)." I had to call them and ask wtf this message means. The lady explain that even if I have ticket and pay extra for priority it is possible when I go to the airport to not have a place in the airplane. I am obligated to pay extra for place also, other wise I can not complain. Then I bought place for 10 euro, because the trip is important for me. This is my 2nd time using this company, I believe it is company, but whatever. I hope it will be the last one.
RouteSofia to Lisbon
Date FlownMay 2022

"standards are not good enough"

Trip Verified | The aircraft after 1 hour from the departure time was still on his bay, technical problem they said, safety comes first, but these issues should not arise at a time when the aircraft, fully booked is ready to take off. I believe that Wizz Air standards are not good enough and need to be reviewed.
RouteGatwick to Milan Malpensa
Date FlownDecember 2021

"Absolutely horrible"

Trip Verified | Absolutely horrible. Extra charges which there was no previous information about (no email, nothing on booking, and couldn’t even find it on the website when I looked). Also, unsafe - announced that plane has an issue with brakes but they will be landing anyway!? People were praying on the plane - they should not let unsafe planes in the air. Never again.
RoutePalermo to Prague