Wizz Air

"no info about any delays"

Trip Verified | Luton to Rome. There was no info about any delays. People asked to proceed to the gate 11. Everyone went to the gate and people had to wait there for 1 hour! Because apparently there was a delay. Only 1 person was checking tickets from all passengers! Gate 11 area is like a stable rather than airport. No seats, no toilets. Everyone could have waited in a lounge rather than being crowded in a small area during covid pandemic.
RouteLuton to Rome
Date FlownOctober 2021

" Such a lack of professionalism"

Not Verified | I flew from Iasi to Luton. The stewardesses are generally unprofessional. They spoke loud all the fly and laughing considerably witch doesn't look very professional. When they needed to speak they even couldn't finish their script and start laughing. At the end of the flight one of the other passengers become aggressive. One of the stewardesses instead of staying calm and managing the situation started to scream and threatening us that no one will leave the air plane until police will come. She started screaming to other passengers to manage the lady themselves is like was the other passengers job not their job. One of the stewardesses was also nearly crying. Now I am wondering myself if they react like that were there wasn't any imminent danger how they react in a real emergency situations. Their behaviour was like someone was taken from the street without any training and placed to do a stewardess job. Such a lack of professionalism never seen in my life. Very disappointed.
RouteIasi to Luton
Date FlownOctober 2021

"I was positively surprised"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | We left on time from Oslo Torp. We had priority pass with a cabin bag so we went straight through to the security check and passport check. The plane seemed clean, and the flight attendants where good. As with all these low cost airlines you should read up before traveling so you wont be charged extra for something. On the way back the crew at the gate seemed not so professional. They started to board non priority passengers before the priority ones. The flight back was also on time, and with nice flight attendants. I had booked extra leg space both ways because of my hight, 193 cm. After reading a lot of bad reviews of this airline I was positively surprised
RouteOslo Torp to Bucharest
Date FlownOctober 2021

"Tickets are cheap and cheap is what you get"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Worst airline ever! Tickets are cheap and cheap is what you get, but they charge you extra for literally everything. If you don't pay extra they will sit you apart even if there were enough seats to easily let groups sit together and so on, never choose Wizz Air if there is an alternative.
RouteNaples to Vienna
Date FlownOctober 2021

"delay due to boarding disorganization"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | The crew of this company has no clue whatsoever of how the boarding process should work. There is a surcharge for the passengers that pay for priority boarding, 2 lines: one for priority one for economy, most of the passengers don’t know the difference and the crew will not bother (not even once) to announce who should line up on the right or left. I traveled with this company twice and both times between 1 and 2 hours of delay. On my last flight I complained to a crew member and he blamed me for not asking people if they were in the correct line, I thought it was their job to make sure boarding process goes smooth, organized and respects the customers who paid extra money to board first. What’s sad is that both times the captain of the flight apologized for the delay due to boarding disorganization, yet nothing changes. They take forever, do not travel with them if you have a meeting to attend or a connection to catch, 99% sure you will miss it.
RouteCatania to Milan Malpensa
Date FlownOctober 2021

"Check-in with Wizz Air is only Online"

(Chile)

Trip Verified | Absolutely scammers It seems to me that this company still make a big business with the Check-in with their customers, like the old times. We arrived to the Tirana airport like 3 hours before our flight, just to avoid any problem on the counter and have a pleasant flight, well, we were totally wrong. Result that the Check-in with Wizz Air is only Online, and it closes 3 hours before the flight. They didn’t even send us a email telling us this situation. We ended up paying 40 euros each one for the check-in, a total of 80 Euros.
RouteTirana to Milan
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"everyone who I interacted with was rude, and completely uninterested in helping me"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | I had an extremely negative experience with Wizz Air yesterday while attempting to fly to Reykjavik. First, I received my boarding pass on my phone prior to arrival at the airport and didn't need to check any baggage, so I went straight through security and into the airport. Budapest airport doesn't announce the gate for your flight until about 30 minutes prior to check-in closing, so I waited around for a while. Finally, my gate information appears and I went straight to my gate to check in (almost the first one in line). Right away, I am asked for my covid documentation which I have in the form of the EU Digital CovidPass, which is accepted in Iceland and is what I obtained especially for this trip (I'm am American citizen and was fully vaccinated in America, which makes this a lengthy process). The girl at check in says that it is not sufficient and I will also need a negative covid test to travel. First of all! I checked the travel restrictions for Iceland several times prior to my journey and read in numerous places that a test was not necessary. "Can you visit Iceland? Yes. All travelers – regardless of origin – are welcome to visit Iceland if they can show either a certificate of full vaccination against COVID, or a certificate of previous COVID infection." - Icelandair I assume, therefore, that with my EU residence permit and EU Digital CovidPass, that I would be OK for travel. Second of all, neither that service that I booked through (Kiwi) or my airline (Wizz) provided any information about what documents I would need until the second I arrived at the gate, only 30 minutes before the closing of check-in. Finally, almost everyone who I interacted with was rude, and completely uninterested in helping me find a solution. I could have received a rapid test at Budapest airport in time, or there is a perfectly valid option to receive a test in Iceland and quarantine until the results return. No matter the suggestion I made, the Wizz Air authorities were disrespectful and adamant that I do not board the plane. And I believe its also relevant to add that I'm a 19 year old solo female traveler, for which the thought of missing my flight and being stranded in a foreign country is not particularly pleasant, however I was met with no sympathy from anyone during this experience. Extremely dissatisfied with Wizz customer service and refund policy. Do better.
RouteBudapest to Reykjavik
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"No refund and no credit note"

(Cyprus)

Trip Verified | Problem right from the minute i booked the tickets with the non user friendly website. Complicated I believe on purpose. In order to make booking changes, the site prompts you to make o phone call, selecting country and language, charging you at a very expensive rate ending up to an operator speaking only English. Finally the choice given to change the dates of traveling was costing more than the original coast of the ticket. No refund and no credit note. The reservation has been done and paid by me, on behalf of my relatives leaving in Greece. They didn't travel due to Covid -19 restrictions set by the Greek government during that period due to the fact that they are Health Civil Servants.
RouteAthens to Larnaca
Date FlownOctober 2020

"their service is blatantly awful"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Do not fly with Wizz Air. Their work ethic is non-existent, they do not care at all about customers and their service is blatantly awful. Each time I have flown with this airline the flights have been delayed multiple times (up to 6 hours per flight), the last time being today. They first delay it by 20 mins then by 40 mins then by 1 hour and so on. They just told us “they cannot tell us at which time the flight will board/take off”, unbelievable! I have only booked this ticket as Wizz Air is the only company which offers the connection between the two airports which are most convenient for my needs, but I will definitely by flying to another airport just to avoid them.
RouteNaples to Milan
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"Stay away from this joke company"

Trip Verified | 2.5 hours delay. Staff at BUD had no idea whats going on. 1.5 hours earlier check in everybody at the desk, than half an hour later send us out, as another flight was supposed to start from the same gate, than check in everybody again for the 2nd time. After this giving vouchers to the passengers which are only valid on the day of flight, and in restaurants in the main lobby area so they were useless. I purchased priority boarding for no reason. They let everybody on board without any rules or plans. Staff on board very unfriendly! After all this misery we have got a can of coke and a piece of chocolate. Never ever again. Rather driving 10 hours with car or paying double for Swiss Air. Stay away from this joke company.
RouteBudapest to Basel