Wizz Air

"They overcharge everything"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Worst airline ever. They overcharge everything. The ticket was about 90 euros (with return) but with their schemes and plots it costed me 165. I paid for my luggage online and minutes before the flight an extremely rude employee said that I had to pay an extra 25 euros for an already checked in luggage. Will never fly again.
RouteAthens to Budapest
Date FlownDecember 2019

"never heard of Customer Service"

Trip Verified | Budapest to Luton on 4th December and although the flight was delayed by over an hour late into the evening (10.15pm), when we boarded the cabin crew were really helpful and friendly. Myself and my partner had not paid extra to reserve a seat but there were many seats left empty and unbooked. I asked if it would be ok to swap seats and sit next to my partner in a couple of the empty seats. These seats had extra leg space by the emergency exit but we were just happy to sit together, using the empty seats. The stewardess was really helpful when asked if it was ok to sit together in the empty seats. Then we travelled back 3 days later and found that the flight was on time and it was almost as though we were flying with a different Airline. Exactly the same situation occurred, many empty seats. We asked the same question to the Stewardess "Flora". She was so rude that I was shocked at how someone could be so rude in public whilst working for a company that prides itself on having repeat customers and giving good service. She offered the wide leg space seats for 15 Euros per seat. She said she just follows Wizz Air policy. We asked "How can Wizz Air policy be valid in one direction but not the other?. She didnt answer our question. She then said we can sit next to each other but not with the extra leg room. Then we started searching for other seats and she made no attempt to offer us any help at all. Others customers who were embarrassed by her behaviour offered us their help. Has this woman never heard of Customer Service. I had thought this was a service business. The seats could not have been sold as we were already in the air. This Stewardess was an embarrassment to Wizz Air. She attempted to publicly embarrass us both for asking the question and so many other customers could see this and offered us help themselves. The way that she spoke to us was Wrong. We had 3 separate sets of customers who stated that this was completely unreasonable and a very bad way for Wizz Air to behave. I have a Wizz Air discount and wonder if I should ever bother to come back again.
RouteBudapest to Luton

"I do not recommend"

(Slovakia)

Trip Verified | Luton to Poprad. I do not recommend to use this company. Yes, their tickets are cheap, however they create complexity of rules and non-standard procedures to pull out more money from you. In addition to that, the service level we received at the Luton airport at the customer service desk was rude.
RouteLuton to Poprad

"had extra legroom seat"

(Hungary)

Trip Verified | Budapest to Doncaster. Checkin was quite easy, Priority wAS quick. Boarding started on time and flight took off only 5 min after scheduled, landed 20 min early in Doncaster. Staff was nice, I had extra legroom seat, which is big for legs, but not wider than other seats. Plane was almost fully booked. Food and beverage range is new, and duty free products are worth to buy. No hot meal available unfortunately.
AircraftA321Neo
RouteBudapest to Doncaster
Date FlownDecember 2019

"staff friendly and smiley"

(Hungary)

Trip Verified | Doncaster to Budapest. Check-in opened 2.5 hours before departure, so I could early drop off my bag, and spend more time in duty-free shopping. Boarding started a bit late but the staff was friendly and smiley. I am tall but I find this seat comfortable. Onboard prices could be cheaper, no hot meal, unfortunately. If you book early you can get really cheap tickets.
AircraftA321Neo
RouteDoncaster to Budapest
Date FlownDecember 2019

"I was charged excess baggage"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt Hahn to Lviv. When I bought my tickets online a Wizz Club was offered for a fee. I did not check the box that I wanted that club and it didn't show up on my bill before I hit purchase. Then I was charged for it. Tried to contact Wizz to get my money back. No one would help me. I never intend on flying Wizz again. Was treated horribly by Wizz staff in Lviv. I was charged excess baggage in Lviv for a bag that was fine to fly from Frankfurt with at no extra charge. It's theft and extortion. Flights attendants from Lviv were rude. Ground crew spotted throwing bags around. The food on board is expensive and tastes horrible.
RouteFrankfurt Hahn to Lviv
Date FlownNovember 2019

"I would fly with them again"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Budapest. Genuinely had a pleasant experience with this airline - flight out was 30 minutes late but was given plenty of warning (5 hours before departure) so just left home a little later. No issues about carry on luggage (my bag was within the accepted allowance 40x30x20 but many others had larger bags than mine and there was no complaints from staff that I noticed) and after the delay we were boarded and took off with no further issues. The cabin crew were very pleasant and attentive. Admittedly the seats were not the most comfortable I have experienced but they certainly were not awful and I was able to comfortably enjoy my flight. Leg room is limited however, if you have larger legs it would be advisable to pick a seat with more leg room. I made sure I checked in online and printed off my boarding pass after reading other reviews and therefore there was no problems with this. It is not a luxury airline but you get what you pay for. Just ensure you check in online and print off your boarding pass. I would fly with them again.
RouteGatwick to Budapest
Date FlownDecember 2019

"they charge baggage fees"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Bucharest. Be careful, they charge baggage fees at the airport. Although I had a boarding pass and had checked in online, I was still charged $50 USD by the staff for oversize baggage fee . When I asked why I was told to call customer service. Wizz Air customer service charges to call their call center! Worst flight I have ever had.
RouteGatwick to Bucharest
Date FlownNovember 2019

"never fly with Wizz Air again"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Iasi to Tel Aviv. This is not a low cost when company looking for excuses to take more money and when the “fines for small stuff like not booking online is higher then the flight ticket. I used Wizz Air as a connection flight from Munich because it was the cheapest. I am very sorry for that and i regret, i paid much more then i was paying for the direct flight. they leave you with no other option then to pay 50 euros more. I fly a lot with low costs, but Wizz Aair demands are sound more like a game of “lets wait until you do a mistake and charge you for unproportional amount” I will never fly with Wizz Air again.
RouteIasi to Tel Aviv
Date FlownDecember 2019

"crazy expensive and stupid"

(Hungary)

Trip Verified | Budapest to Doncaster Sheffield with Wizz Air. I was unable to check in online 3 hours before departure so I had to pay a 35€ fee at the airport. It's crazy expensive and stupid, because I had no baggage to check in, only a small bag. Ridiculous, they make you pay for every little mistake you make. With other airlines I was able to check in online 1.5 hours before departure.
RouteBudapest to Doncaster Sheffield