Wizz Air

"worst experience ever"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | No service - worst experience ever. I cancelled my flight 3 months prior to departure. Still I am fighting to get my money back. They play "back-and-forth" when it comes to requesting a compensation. Unclear communication, unfriendly customer service people, ambiguous and contradictory statements regrading your compensation status, no mail records regarding your conversations with customer service.. The worst ever customer experience I encountered with an airline.
RouteVienna to Reykjavik
Date FlownAugust 2022

"still no compensation from Wizz Air"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | We booked a flight home months before, we knew it was an uncomfortable flight, meaning we should take off at 21:45 and land at 01:55. But, at 7pm i get a text from wizz that we have a 1h delay. After a few minutes another text that said the new take off hour is 1:10, the next day. After i get an email with a 4€ voucher for my trouble, and that’s it. At 23:00pm some flight attendants tell us with an attitude that our plane will land in about 1-2h and we will board. At 00:45 starts the boarding, with the same arrogant and angry attitude from the crew. I have paid extra for my seat and to have my suitcase with me, on the plane i had no place for my luggage and they were very upset when i pointed out i paid good money for that privilege. We take off qnt 1;30 and i get out of the airport at 5:30, and we had work the next day. They were unpolite and not helpful the whole time, considering everyone was exhausted from that long wait. And still no compensation from Wizz Air.
RouteBarcelona to Bucharest
Date FlownOctober 2022

"Denied boarding with two young children"

(Ukraine)

Not Verified | Denied boarding with two young children, requesting a supporting letter with the passport, although not explaining what exactly they want, simply walking away, suggesting they are short of staff. I have missed my flight, returned home, yet still don't know what letter was I requested, nor knows the Embassy of the country I was traveling to. Simply unacceptable.
RouteLondon to Chisinau
Date FlownOctober 2022

"This is air travel at its most chaotic"

Trip Verified | Expect delays - expect no information - expect the first delay to be extended by a second delay or more, don’t book priority boarding because there isn’t any and it’s a free for all. This is air travel at its most chaotic.
RouteLarnaca to London Luton
Date FlownOctober 2022

"no notification of delay"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | I had a flight to Rome at 9.40 am and not only did we leave on time but there was no notification of delay. By 10 am I had already understood (by myself that my flight was delayed) and I had to wait for 10.15 to receive an email informing me of the next departure at 12.00. It is currently 12.08 and I have not yet left but I have not received a second email more or less 10 minutes ago that warned me of a subsequent delay of another 2 hours. At the very least, the company should have provided vouchers to buy lunch and so it was. The vouchers cover a cost of € 4 and in skiathos airport you hardly even buy a coffee for that amount. At the end, I'm still here waiting to leave with a very expensive lunch that I had to buy with my own money, hoping not to receive another email 5 minutes before my flight warning me of another delay! Avevo un volo per Roma alle ore 9.40 e non solo siamo partiti in orario ma non vi è stata alcuna comunicazione di ritardo. Alle ore 10 avevo ormai capito (da sola che il mio volo fosse in ritardo) e ho dovuto attendere le 10.15 per ricevere una mail che mi avvertisse della successiva partenza alle ore 12.00. Attualmente sono le ore 12.08 e non sono non sono ancora partita ma non ho ricevuto una seconda mail più o meno 10 min fa che mi avvertiva di un successivo ritardo di ulteriori 2 ore. Come minimo la compagnia avrebbe dovuto fornire dei voucher per acquistare il pranzo e così è stato, peccato che i voucher coprono una spesa di 4€ e nell’aeroporto di skiathos per quella cifra non ci si compra quasi neppure un caffè. Terminando sono ancora qui aspettando di partire con un pranzo costosissimo che ho dovuto comprare con i miei soldi sperando di non ricevere un’ulteriore mail 5 min prima del mio volo che mi avverta di un altro ritardo!
RouteSkiathos to Rome
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"I wonder how this airline still operates"

Not Verified | I wonder how this airline still operates. Possibly the worst company on planet earth. Cancelled flights, no compensation, no customer service to even know flights’ status. I wish I could rate with a 0.
RouteAthens to Abu Dhabi
Date FlownAugust 2022

"Still hoping to see my money back"

Trip Verified | I couldn't even fly because they cancel the flight less than 2 days before departure. The real annoying thing is they didn't provide the cash reimbursement which i asked for immediately. Apparently this option is available only until the day of supposed flight and they missed to accomplish it. So after few days I started requesting the 120% refund in Wizz personal account (like money you can spend for future bookings). Well it's almost one month from the date of supposed flight now, and my account is not yet funded. After few days they will be officially in delay. I wanted to book another flight but i have no credit for that! Many phone operators told me different things in the same day. They promised that within one month, one week, or one said even 1 day, the account would have shown my credit, and this was weeks ago but so far nothing. Still hoping to see my money back somehow.
RouteAbu Dhabi to Santorini

"experience is horrible"

Trip Verified | Try to avoid this airline at all costs. They will delay or cancel your flight with a 99% probability. On top of that, you can not communicate with them. They provide a chat bot that has zero answers, and when you ask for a human agent, there is nobody available ever. (I waited two times, the first for 4hours and the second for 5 hours, and still no human agent was available). Your other option is premium Tel number at 1 point something euro per minute!!! These people are trying to overcharge you with premium chat line charges EVEN FOR THEIR DELAYS. My flight was delayed by 24 hours, then by an additional 4, with zero support. Ground stuff are rude and insulting. Yes, the tickets are cheap. But you will end up paying for hotel stays, meals etc, as well as missing out on your holidays. So overall value for money is truly bad. Seats are good as the plane is new. Staff on the plane are tired and inattentive. Overall experience is horrible
RouteAthens to Abu Dhabi
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"never fly with this airline again"

Not Verified | I will never fly with this airline again! Their customer service is appalling. Even though we paid for seats with extra leg room we were reallocated seats when we arrived as they said we could not have the pre-booked seats because they were exit seats and one of us was arthritic. Put right to the back of the plane where we had a stewardess who spent most of her time sitting down texting on her phone and doing her expenses. The steward was more interested in eating a Snickers bar than doing anything else. So really cramped and painful flight and to cap it all the airline is making it impossible to communicate with anyone or thing to get a refund for the seats we paid for. This airline doesn’t our business and hopefully won’t be in business themselves for much longer. Buyer beware!
RouteGatwick to Malaga
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"experience was a complete nightmare"

Not Verified | Landed in a completely different country. Latvia instead of Lithuania, offered only a replacement bus then all staff disappeared and the bus took 3 hours to arrive to take us another 3 hours to Vilnius. The whole experience was a complete nightmare and the staff were rude through out it, will never travel with them ever again.
RouteYerevan to Vilnius