Wizz Air

"Appalling customer service"

Trip Verified | Luton to Dubai via Katowice. Booked with Wizz Air via Kiwi.com and paid for the 20kg baggage option. Made sure to check the Wizz Air website - their baggage page shows '20kg Paid x 6'. I had less than 20kg worth of baggage - a backpack and a guitar case. Because it was two pieces of luggage, not one, I was charged £61. I submitted a complaint about the unclear website and ridiculous charge, it took them 36 business days to respond. An unsatisfying email conversation later, I still haven't been refunded. They hid behind the fine print. Appalling customer service. Flyers beware of the add-on costs when flying with Wizz Air.
RouteLuton to Dubai via Katowice
Date FlownJuly 2018

"I decided no more Wizz Air"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Prague to Luton. Never again. Our flight was cancelled and nobody could tell us what happened and why it is cancelled. We don't know it even now. Communication with this company is terrible - one mail = 2 weeks. They don't want to pay us 250€ compensation despite that's our right. The price is low so is the quality too. You can buy some meal on board for normal airline price but with regard to the staff, they were quite rude. When return flight I asked them "excuse me" because I wanted to go back to sit, she said me rudely "wait I can't now". I decided no more Wizz Air. I pay rather 180€ return ticket via EasyJet than with WizzAir. I'm not the only person who makes complaint about this airline and even not the last.
RoutePrague to Luton
Date FlownAugust 2018

"had not checked in online"

Trip Verified | Tirana to Budapest. I travelled about a month ago to Albania with Wizz and on my return I was meant to take Wizz to Budapest and Ryanair thereafter to London. The night before flying out I tried to login and check-in online, which of course did not work – so I assumed as I had never needed to complete check-in online on flights from Tirana that it wasn’t a service that was offered. The next day I went to the airport about 3 hours before departure, queued up at the check-in desk, only to be refused a ticket because “I had not checked in online”. I was told in no uncertain terms that unless I paid 35 EUR I would be denied boarding. The fact that their website did not work and that they had not at any stage advised of the need to check in – unlike Ryanair (who emailed and texted me a day before the flight), did not serve any purpose and I was forced to pay. As Wizz doesn’t do customer service, their pathetic attempt to respond to my complaint was left to customer service whose final attempt to look into my complaint said “We would like to kindly inform you that we have done a thorough investigation and we are delighted to inform you about the reason, why you were requested to pay at the airport”. Avoid like the plague!
RouteTirana to Budapest

"great value for money"

Trip Verified | Riga to London Luton. I recommend this airline. Great value for money, cabin crew was really nice, seats comfortable, great selection of food and drinks, on time departure and landing. Would definitely reccomend Wizz Air.
RouteRiga to London Luton

"ripping off passengers"

Trip Verified | Luton to Cluj-Napoca. The company is completely ripping off passengers when it comes to fees for luggage and seats. Most times these costs are higher than the flight itself. You cannot use Club Discount for anyone else but your own fight: for example, I've tried to book a fight for my mother using club discount- guess what?? No can do. And as a passengers there's nothing you can do because they are the only company flying your way, so there's no competition. Staff service there's no complaints from me there, they do they're best with what they have. They've always been professional, polite and very helpful with me.
RouteLuton to Cluj-Napoca
Date FlownJune 2018

"Service on board a mess"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | Luton to Bucharest. Service on board was a mess. The staff making the announcements on board was a shame, she was not able to do that because her colleague was making her to laugh all the time. Just short after landing in OTP a lot of pax were standing up and talking on their phones even we were still moving to the terminal, the cabin crew let them to continue without being firm - disappointing. When the aircraft parked the bins were opened already and bags out. I will not travel anymore with Wizz because of lack of safety.
RouteLuton to Bucharest
Date FlownAugust 2018

"35Euro to get a boarding pass"

Trip Verified | Kosiche to Luton. I only booked with Wizz Air because I had no alternative for this journey. I was prompted to check in online with Wizz Air by the company I bought the ticket from. I tried this on several occasions. On 28 August it still hadn’t opened - but when I tried again on 30 August, the day before my flight, it had closed. Apparently it had been open for just one day, on the 29th. At the airport I was charged 35Euro to get a boarding pass because I hadn’t managed to check in online in this one-day window of availability. A blatant effort to rip-off the customer.
RouteKosiche to Luton
Date FlownAugust 2018

"ashamed of the new lows"

Trip Verified | This is regarding the flight from Bucharest to London Luton, scheduled for 3:00pm. At 9am in the morning the same day, the Wizz website had an update on the flight status i.e. it was 1.5 hours late and would depart at 4:30pm now. I had already paid to check-in a 20kg bag along with my ticket. I had checked in online earlier and had to drop off my check-in bag. I reached the check-in desk at 3:00pm. The lady said that they had closed the bag check-in and I should take the bag to the gate directly. So, now I had to get my check-in bag scanned as a hand luggage and all my perfumes, etc were thrown away by the airport authorities. When I reached the gate, the Wizz staff asked me to pay 65 euros to check-in my bag. I clearly said no and she and her colleague would not let me board the flight. According to them, if the flight had been delayed to 9pm, I should have been at the airport by 1pm to check-in the bag. The flight was further delayed to 5pm. I called the Wizz complaints department and asked them for assistance, to which he replied that I should just pay the money for the bag. After having argued with them for half an hour, I had no choice other than to pay! I ended up paying a total of more than 100euros for a 12kg bag to get it from Bucharest to London. My bag was cheaper than that! Wizz should be ashamed of the new lows that they go to, to extract money from passengers.
RouteBucharest to London Luton
Date FlownAugust 2018

"had no choice other than to pay"

Not Verified | This is regarding the flight from Bucharest to London Luton, scheduled for 3pm. At 9am in the morning the same day, the Wizz website had an update on the flight status i.e. it was 1.5 hours late and would depart at 4.30pm now. I had already paid to check-in a 20kg bag along with my ticket. I had checked in online earlier and had to drop off my check-in bag. I reached the check-in desk at 3pm. The lady said that they had closed the bag check-in and I should take the bag to the gate directly. So, now I had to get my check-in bag scanned as a hand luggage and all my perfumes, etc were thrown away by the airport authorities. When I reached the gate, the Wizz Air lady asked me to pay 65 euros to check-in my bag. I clearly said no and she and her colleague would not let me board the flight. According to them, if the flight had been delayed to 9pm, I should have been at the airport by 1pm to check-in the bag. The flight was further delayed to 5pm! I called the Wizz complaints department and asked them for assistance, to which he replied that I should just pay the money for the bag. After having argued with them for half an hour, I had no choice other than to pay! I ended up paying a total of more than 100 euros for a 12kg bag to get it from Bucharest to London. My bag was cheaper than that! Wizz should be ashamed of the new lows that they go to, to extract money from passengers.
RouteBucharest to London Luton

"fun of low cost"

Trip Verified | Luton to Bratislava. Cabin crew pleasent with 1 or 2 can't wait to get off. Fast boarding, airport ground crew as rude. Smooth ride, landed early with engine oil leak at park position no info given on delay, let us walk through smoke shooting from engine from rear door that's the perks and fun of low cost. Some meals and drinks at reasonable price. Cheap way of getting from point A to B.
RouteLuton to Bratislava