Volaris

"delayed on departure by 4 hours"

Not Verified | My relatives and I flew out of Tijuana Airport to Cancun on Christmas Eve. We are a group of 10 and first if all the flight was delayed on departure by 4 hours, then the worst was going to happen to us. They lost my luggage, and two of my cousins suitcases. We get informed that our luggage will arrive the next day of our arrival. So far we are on day 3 of not getting out stuff with all our clothes, shoes, essentials, etc. Volaris has been terrible and do not advise what flight has our things (luggage). We keep contacting them with no resolve. No indication that they will reimburse us for our losses of our things. This is the absolute worst airline ever. I have flown to all kinds of other airlines, like American Airlines, Southwest, Hawaiian Airlines and have never had any issues whatsoever. I would highly recommend NOT using this airline ever.
RouteTijuana to Cancun
Date FlownDecember 2022

"No help in customer service"

Not Verified | Volaris airline never called or emailed telling us that our flight was cancelled and changed for to days later. There was no voucher or reimbursement. No help in customer service for Volaris which wont answer there calls. If I could give this a zero I would.
RouteGuadalajara to Sacramento
Date FlownDecember 2022

"received no refund or credit"

Not Verified | I've been flying Volaris since inception and watched as they've devolved into the worst airline I know. In the past three years in particular Volaris has put all it's efforts into shaking every penny and peso out of the customer while becoming the least on-time airline in the Americas. But this last experience was the one that made me say, I'll never fly Volaris again. We were checked in, had paid for Premium seats, and were traveling with carry-on bags and small personal items (purse and briefcase). We got to the gate early but waited to be among the last in line as is our preference. When we got to the agent to scan our tickets she told all passengers they were going to weigh our carry-ons again before we could board. To my surprise they had a small portable scale at the ramp. We were ordered to put our carry-ons on the scale and mine was just at weight. Them the agent told me to put my briefcase on top of the carry-on, which cause me to be two kilos over. Same with my girlfriend and other passengers. I argued that what they were doing was not only unfair but causing the flight to be delayed as they had just one person collecting payment. I was told to pay up or forfeit my flight. So I offered my credit card (as did almost all other passengers) and was told this was cash only- and in pesos. I did not have pesos. The woman in front of us also didn't have enough in pesos, so we each offered $100 bills and were told in the most rude manner that we would not be able to board our flight. We missed that flight, received no refund or credit. What I noticed was that there was no receipt being given. Here they have a portable scale but no credit card machine? I asked to speak with the supervisor at the airport and went to see her. She was the same person that barred us from our flight and was demanding cash. I tried to file a complaint but Volaris has no such department or oversight at all. I tried for some time to reach someone to tell my story and have never been contacted in return or received any follow up at all from Volaris.
RouteCuliacan to Tijuana
Date FlownNovember 2022

"Worst airline I've ever used"

Not Verified | Flight delayed for nearly two hours, staff are rude aggressive and unhelpful. Missed Airbnb check in because of delay, which means I'll be sleeping at the airport and losing 1300 pesos. Worst airline I've ever used. Avoid Volaris
RouteToluca to Guadalajara
Date FlownDecember 2022

"I will never fly with Volaris again"

Trip Verified | Scammers work at all counters Went to the counter to board flight to Costa Rica and was met with complete disrespect from staff who works at the counter. They quoted me three different prices basically what is the baggage prices more expensive than what it says online. They tried to charge me $229 dollars for my bag. The online website says $50 max! She told me my flight was closed and then I couldn’t board even though it was delayed by two hours. Another family traveling from the UK with three kids who waited for an hour trying to board. She was absolutely terrible and no one at the counter in the Cancun airport was professional. When we asked to speak to a manager she acted like she didn’t speak English. I will never go to Mexico or travel through Mexico again based on this experience. I will never fly with Volaris again. Absolutely terrible people working for this company
RouteCancun to San Jose
Date FlownDecember 2022

"Never flying with you again"

Trip Verified | Had a terrible experience with them. Stood in line for 4 hours just to get kicked out of the plane because it was overbooked. Lost my flight and had to get another one. Then after arriving on my destination they lost my baggage. I left without it and have been dealing with it for 2 days and not gotten it back. They don't make any effort to ship them. It seems like I gotta wait another 2 days until they arrive. Lets see if that is even gonna happen. Never flying with you again
RouteCalgary to Chihuahua

"Awful service!"

Not Verified | Awful service! We booked our flight months in advance and they overbooked and kicked us out of the flight last minute. Awful communication because they gave us hope and shut the doors in our face. Disappointing and infuriating because we are a family of 4 with various meetings due the next day that had to be canceled. They wasted our time, money and I will never be buying from them again. If I were you, save yourself from this awful company that only disappoints.
RouteMexico to Los Angeles
Date FlownNovember 2022

"Fly with a more reliable carrier"

Not Verified | Total and complete scammers! We were charged $80 for a carry on at the check in desk! They told us to add it online on our return flight to avoid the charge. The app won't allow us to add any bags, we called customer service, after being hung up on 4 times, the 5th person said he can't add the bags, that we have to do it at the desk! So they basically force you to pay $80 for carry on and $151 for checked bags. They tell you that you have options to pay less but then don't make those options available to you! Avoid this airline at all costs. Fly with a more reliable carrier.
RouteDenver to Mexico City
Date FlownNovember 2022

"the worst customer service"

Trip Verified | They lost my backpack on the transfer through Mexico city .. at least it showed up on next day but i still don’t have it as they want me to collect it again on the airport. but what can i do? It was not my fault to lose my own baggage, at least they could bring it to my hotel I'm staying, but obviously they can’t deliver. Also they’re not able to deliver it on a Sunday, because they’re not working on Sunday, but still they operate flights on every day. This is the worst customer service I've ever experienced.
RouteCancun to Mexico City

"I do not recommend it"

Trip Verified | This airline is the worst that I have experienced, I do not recommend it, it is the 3 time that my flight has been canceled this week without informing me, the customer service is lousy, they treat their customers lousy, they do not give me a solution, please do not fly with that airline. Esta aerolínea es lo peor que e experimentado no la recomiendo es la 3 vez q me cancela mi vuelo en esta semana sin informarme la atención al cliente es pésima tratan pésimo a sus clientes no me dan una solución por favor no vuelen con esa aerolínea
RouteMexico City to Mexicali