Volaris

"Volaris is not taking any accountability"

Trip Verified | I was suppose to receive refunds for flights that were canceled due to a Covid-19 travel ban and NEVER received my refund after weeks of emails and sitting on hold with their customer service reps. My parents were suppose to fly out to Central American this morning and were informed last night that their flight had been canceled after they decided to call the airline because they were not able to check in online. Their flights were booked in August and the airline representative told my father that their flights had been canceled and he could not give him an explanation as to why, he simply informed him that there were no departure flights to their intended destination until Late November. How can they cancel flights without giving their customers a heads up? My parents had their bags packs, toiletries purchased, paid for 2 rapid response covid tests and Volaris is not taking any accountability for their screw up.
RouteNew York to San Salvador
Date FlownOctober 2020

"Volaris is basically the Ryanair of Mexico"

(Mexico)

Not Verified | Volaris is basically the Ryanair of Mexico. While the flights might appear cheap on SkyScanner, the reality will be something else. And of course there is the wonder of budget airline customer service. For our next planned trip, Volaris decided to change our flight unannounced to a different (and cheaper) date and different hour, forcing us to arrive to the airport a day earlier and having to book a hotel, and basically losing a day at the destination. And now due to the Covid situation, their marketing has taken a turn to more predatory than ever. Now Volaris has decided not to include the airport tax in their ticket prices, announcing it only at the counter. Formally they describe the tax to be "up to 50 % of the ticket price", but in reality the tax can be more than the actual ticket. No wonder they can afford such "great" deals now, as the ticket price can multiply once you are on their page. No refunds, obviously, only airline credit.
RouteMexico City to Merida
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"stay clear of this airline"

Not Verified | Had flights booked in April to fly to Cabo, booked hotel and this airline, Volaris through expedia.com. Covid happened and then everything was cancelled. Volaris sent me a credit voucher, which I thought great I can still go to Cabo, and has to be used by 11/22/2020. I go to book my flights and nowhere at the time of payment selection is there a option to use the credit voucher. Try reaching them you say? Oh yes that's near to impossible to do, can't reach them by phone, always over a 2 hr wait, they also recommend reaching them by Facebook messenger and whatsapp. did those too and after the 3rd try had a live person ask for the name and credit voucher, which I provided and then heard nothing back. You send a message and it will take 1-2 days before they respond and then its a chat bot to nowhere land. Worst experience ever and didn't even fly with them yet. Like previous reviews say, stay clear of this airline! Would never think to book with them again.
RouteTijuana to Cabo
Date FlownApril 2020

"still have not refunded my money"

Not Verified | Volaris cancelled my flights for my entire family. Said they would refund me in June. I have been calling since June and its now September and they still have not refunded my money. When I call, they transfer me to the “finance department” and I sit on hold for 3 hours. Then I called again and they transferred me again, got disconnected. Then I called and asked to speak to a supervisor and got disconnected, then again a second time. Every time I call customer service they tell me I need a different department and they transfer me and I get hung up on. I’ve not gotten to speak to someone yet today, and I’ve been on the phone for almost 5 hours now. They have stolen my money and I will just have to file a fraud claim with my credit card company. I don’t care how cheap the flights are this is the worst service ever and I would rather pay more than deal with these incompetent morons.
RoutePhoenix to Puerto Vallarta
Date FlownJune 2020

"basically they just took my money"

Not Verified | Some time in May I booked a flight ticket from Midway airport in Chicago to Guadalajara Mexico. One day before my schedule date to flight I received an email From volaris that it was time to check in. I tried several times to check in but i was unable to do it, because it would not advance to the next part and it wouldn’t let me finish it. I call volaris phone number and I could get a live person to talk to. I need confirmation that my flight was on time but like I said I couldn’t talk to no one. So next day I show up at the airport 3 hour in advance to make sure that I get my boarding pass but I found out an empty place. No personnel behind the desk, and no one to ask anything. So apparently they canceled the flight without notification. Now I want my refund but their website can’t find my information, isn’t that so convenient, so basically they just took my money.
RouteChicago to Guadalajara
Date FlownJune 2020

"failing at their mission statement"

Not Verified | Here we have a perfect example of a company and a customer service that is failing at their mission statement. I received an email from Volaris letting me know my flight was being scheduled on a different day. Well, my first thought was; what makes the company decide my flights (after I have paid for specific ones) and what makes them think I can continue to travel with all my additional reservations being cancelled due to this epidemic? So of course, I look online and I can't find any easily accessible information to help me understand what's going on. I then turn to calling the company’s customer service to get to the bottom of this. My first interaction with a member at Volaris dropped the call as soon as I was put on hold. No biggie, I call back and go through the mundane steps to reach another human. I reach another member who again, puts me on hold and once again, my call gets dropped. Ok, I can call again as my plans are wide open, but this happened again and again for over an hour. Once I did get through and the agent spent some time trying to explain to me that I wasn’t getting my money back and wouldn’t even receive half of what I paid with airline coupons, I was pretty much done with this company. He gave me a confusing explanation that he couldn’t articulate to the level of my understanding in which case, I asked to speak to a manager. He was unwilling to connect me and told me "there's no manager who can help you as this is the rule and has already been decided". I asked again for a manager and he once again declined my request. This is my first ever review and I would never spend time doing something like this if it wasn't for the fact that I want to help you, give you the information for you to decide what business you want to help support. In times like these, its about keeping the industry moving forward in a productive way and this company does not care about you or your plans, or where you are heading/coming back from.
RouteGuadalajara to Los Angeles
Date FlownMay 2020

"There is no help offered"

Trip Verified | There is no help offered in light of the Coronavirus situation when many other airlines have put in automatic credits or even offer refunds. I had a flight right at the end of March from Mexico City to Los Angeles with them. As soon as California ordered its shutdown on 3/17 I started contacting my airlines. I was able to get a refund from Delta no problem for the flight from Los Angeles to Mexico City. My friends who were also going at the same time as me but on different airlines were also able to get refunds. However, I couldn't even reach Volaris for help. Every time I called, I go through their automatic phone system just to get put on hold and having the line eventually drop my call without me ever reaching an actual person. After over a week of trying to call, I sent an email, while still trying to call, since the website was not helpful either. I've given up with the phone after early April, but to this day, the only response I got from the email was the automatic response confirming receipt of my email. Not only that, but since the start of the virus situation, the other travel related companies I used, like the airlines or hotels, have been sending emails notifying me I had options way before my booked dates. I got nothing from Volaris. Will not be considering them for future travels.
RouteMexico City to Los Angeles
Date FlownMarch 2020

"taking advantage of vulnerable customers"

Trip Verified | Do not book travel with this company. Due to the Covid-19 stay at home order, I attempted to cancel my travel but was unable to via the website. After waiting 7 days for a reply (email, phone, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram message), I was issued a travel credit. However the credit is only good to redeem within 30 days and they are unwilling to extend the amount of time. This is irresponsible and dangerous as many governments are still advising not to travel. Every other airline is making exceptions. Additionally, you cannot use the full amount you previously paid when rebooking. So they are collecting money from passengers without providing any services. They are taking advantage of vulnerable customers during a difficult time and the company should be held accountable. Hundreds of customers are reaching out on their Facebook page and no one has seen a resolution. If you book travel with this company in the future and need assistance, do not expect them resolve the issue.
RouteTijuana to Cancun via Mexico City
Date FlownMarch 2020

"airline has not even tried reaching out to us"

Not Verified | This airline is impossible to get a customer service rep to speak to or chat with on their website. Multiple calls and emails to Volaris have not been returned. Covid-19 has Chicago on a Stay at Home order and the town we were going to stay in Mexico on a lockdown. We could not/would not go with the chance of getting stuck out in Guadalajara with a Pandemic happening. This airline has not even tried reaching out to us to offer a credit or refund.
RouteChicago to Guadalajara
Date FlownApril 2020

"I will never fly them again"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | This airline is ridiculous. Not only can you not get ahold of anyone on the phone, but they tell you to go to the website. So I do and I cannot cancel, change my name (they got it wrong). I have booked two separate flights with them and lost my money on both as I could not change them. Now with the Covid issue it's impossible. They are still getting my money. I went nowhere this year and I paid them over $700. I will never fly them again.
RouteHermosillo to Tijuana