Volaris

"I loved this flight"

Trip Verified | I loved this flight. This is my second time flying Volaris. The attendants are efficient & informative in English & Spanish. The aircraft were clean. Snacks & drinks you have to buy them if you want them. Hand sanitizer is offered throughout the flight. It does not have all the USA frills, but who needs them. Volaris knows how to keep flight costs down & customers happy.
RouteLos Cabos to Cancun via Mexico City
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"Never got to the plane"

Trip Verified | Never got to the plane, arrive at the airport 1:45 minutes before departure and there was no one at the front desk to help me. I know I was right on time but if there was some one actually at the front desk I could have made my flight. Hard to get hold of them on the phone. Poor customer services.
RouteLos Angeles to San Salvador

"Horrible customer service"

Trip Verified | Horrible customer service. They changed my flight and when I called them to get the same flight. They said they could not get my flight back, so I requested my refund and they also said they cannot give me a refund. They will never get my business again. Do not buy from them, they just like to take your money and don’t care about the customers.
RouteGuadalajara to Oaxaca
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"airline is the worst I have come across"

Trip Verified | This airline is the worst I have come across in more than 30 years of buying flights around the world. I will never fly with this airline again after they rescheduled our flight by 3 hours, without informing us, making it impossible to connect with our flight home to the UK and refused to put us on any earlier flights unless we paid them more than double the price of our original return ticket. Despite their website and terms and conditions clearly stating that they will inform passengers of any schedule changes and rebook those affected, we only found out that they had delayed our return flight to Cancun by 3 hours when I tried to do online check-in for the flight. When we called them to ask why they had not warned us of the change they were totally unapologetic, saying that because the delay was less than 4 hours they had no obligation to tell us about a change that they said they had made two weeks earlier. They didn't care that it meant we would miss our flight home to the UK (the 4.25 hour connection time I had built into the journey was reduced to 75 mins in an airport that recommends minimum 120 mins) and refused to put us on any of their many earlier flights that day unless we paid them nearly 23,000 pesos (around $1000 USD), compared to 10,300 pesos that we had paid for the whole return ticket and 10,500 pesos that another airline was charging for a suitable flight that day. We were left with no choice but to buy new flights with that other airline and made our connecting flight home. Buyers and flyers beware!
RouteMexico City to Cancun
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"This airline provides no customer service"

Not Verified | This is the second time we’ve flown with Volaris. The first time our flight got canceled and we didn’t get to go home for 3 days. The second time, they charged me 130 dollars for a checked bag even tho the app and the website states a checked bag is 54 dollars. The airport man took advantage of seeing that we were American and took his time trying to find something wrong with our documents and later just changed us extra for one bag just because. He did not provide an explanation. This airline provides no customer service, they are truly not worth it!
RouteGuadalajara to Dallas

"Worst Airline Experience"

Trip Verified | Worst Airline Experience. Show up 3 hrs early ticket says to show up 2 (11am) volaris and only volaris has over an hour wait for check-in (1pm) checkin girl says were running late but can still make it (flight at 2pm) we rush across cross border express. Don't make it,have to get in another line that easily take another hour, just to be told there are no more flights left and that I'm not eligible for a refund since the rep checked me in go talk to supervisor. Rep then tells me he cant reschedule the return flight because the system wont allow him to. For that I need to call their center after an fruitless argument I leave believing him (wish I hadn't) so me and my fiancée then have to get a taxi to the border CBX regardless of the situation doesn't let you back across. We get in the pedestrian line with all our luggage take 1.5 hrs once across we have to got back to CBX for our car get home around 10pm. Next day call the center only to be told that the volaris rep was supposed to change the return flight at the airport. I then get on with his supervisor who then says they cant make changes and that in order to reschedule my return flight we have to pay $100 per person and what ever the difference is (we booked in advance so the difference would be significant) says I have to go back to Tijuana in person or my other option is forfeiting the money for the ticket and just buying a fresh ticket. Never flying Volaris again.
RouteTijuana to Los Cabos
Date FlownDecember 2021

"the last time I fly Volaris"

Not Verified | Last 3 flights in the past 2 years have been all delayed arriving and departing. Always poor excuses. The first time they sent a voucher, but surprise it was already expired when they sent it. Ridiculous. Sitting here waiting for my domestic flight and arrived 2 hours early to find out about another delay. I asked if I could be put on the early flight arriving to my destination that is not delayed and hadn't started boarding and they did nothing to help. Regardless of telling them and showing them the email about my arriving flight being delayed 4.5 hours. They didn't even attempt to help give me one seat on a flight that was not full. This is the last time I fly Volaris.
RouteTijuana to Morelia
Date FlownDecember 2021

"not get the advertised extra space"

Not Verified | Premium seat scam. Aside from the front row and exit rows, you will not get the advertised extra space. Literally the same thing as regular seating. Do not waste your money, better yet, fly with another airline. Customer service is non-existing at the airports and over the phone.
RouteGuadalajara to San Jose

"horrible hygiene wise"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Flights delayed by 3 hours. Ridiculous queues to get information at airport. Aviation crew don’t even greet when you board. Had 2 connecting flights which were filthy, horrible hygiene wise. Especially during COVID you’d think they would take extra precautions. They don’t offer any drinks or food during flight, not even water.
RouteCancun to Mexico City via Puerto Escondido
Date FlownDecember 2021

"lack basic respect for their customers!"

Trip Verified | Why are Volaris employees so rude? They lack basic respect for their customers! This lady returning from cabin with a wheelchair had an argument with a customer waiting in line to seat and called him dumb as she walked away! And let me say that this customer never said a bad word to this lady! It’s fair to said that the ladies in the cabin (flight attendants) were very nice and respectful!
RouteLos Angeles to Aguascalientes