Volaris

"Never flying with you again"

Trip Verified | Had a terrible experience with them. Stood in line for 4 hours just to get kicked out of the plane because it was overbooked. Lost my flight and had to get another one. Then after arriving on my destination they lost my baggage. I left without it and have been dealing with it for 2 days and not gotten it back. They don't make any effort to ship them. It seems like I gotta wait another 2 days until they arrive. Lets see if that is even gonna happen. Never flying with you again
RouteCalgary to Chihuahua

"Awful service!"

Not Verified | Awful service! We booked our flight months in advance and they overbooked and kicked us out of the flight last minute. Awful communication because they gave us hope and shut the doors in our face. Disappointing and infuriating because we are a family of 4 with various meetings due the next day that had to be canceled. They wasted our time, money and I will never be buying from them again. If I were you, save yourself from this awful company that only disappoints.
RouteMexico to Los Angeles
Date FlownNovember 2022

"Fly with a more reliable carrier"

Not Verified | Total and complete scammers! We were charged $80 for a carry on at the check in desk! They told us to add it online on our return flight to avoid the charge. The app won't allow us to add any bags, we called customer service, after being hung up on 4 times, the 5th person said he can't add the bags, that we have to do it at the desk! So they basically force you to pay $80 for carry on and $151 for checked bags. They tell you that you have options to pay less but then don't make those options available to you! Avoid this airline at all costs. Fly with a more reliable carrier.
RouteDenver to Mexico City
Date FlownNovember 2022

"the worst customer service"

Trip Verified | They lost my backpack on the transfer through Mexico city .. at least it showed up on next day but i still don’t have it as they want me to collect it again on the airport. but what can i do? It was not my fault to lose my own baggage, at least they could bring it to my hotel I'm staying, but obviously they can’t deliver. Also they’re not able to deliver it on a Sunday, because they’re not working on Sunday, but still they operate flights on every day. This is the worst customer service I've ever experienced.
RouteCancun to Mexico City

"I do not recommend it"

Trip Verified | This airline is the worst that I have experienced, I do not recommend it, it is the 3 time that my flight has been canceled this week without informing me, the customer service is lousy, they treat their customers lousy, they do not give me a solution, please do not fly with that airline. Esta aerolínea es lo peor que e experimentado no la recomiendo es la 3 vez q me cancela mi vuelo en esta semana sin informarme la atención al cliente es pésima tratan pésimo a sus clientes no me dan una solución por favor no vuelen con esa aerolínea
RouteMexico City to Mexicali

"This airline is awful"

Trip Verified | This airline is awful. We tried to check into our flight online using their website, but it wouldn't let us. So we decided we would check in at the airport. When we got to the airport we waited in the check-in line for 40 minutes. There was only one employee working the check-in line, and they were taking super long to help people. They also kept disappearing for 10 minutes after helping someone. Meanwhile there were about 5 employees just standing around, not doing anything. They were directing people to wait in line, and talking to themselves. It was a stupid use of resources. A lot of people in line were complaining. When it was finally our turn, the employee told us casually that our flight was cancelled and we can take the next flight in 8 hours. We did not receive any text, email, or call about our cancellation. If we knew the flight was cancelled we would not have shown up to the airport so early. We ended up spending around 12 hours at the airport for no reason. Once we got to the gate for our flight, it kept getting delayed because the plane still had not arrived. It was so frustrating. It took forever for us to get boarded. Unfortunately we also had booked with Volaris for another flight from Oaxaca to Merida. And of course the flight was delayed by 1 hour 30 mins, but they didn't mention anything about the flight being delayed. So again we showed up to the airport earlier than needed. It's very frustrating but we didn't say anything because we were not in a rush. When we started boarding the stupidest possible thing occurred. At the very last second as we were boarding, the employee told us we need to weigh our bags. I do not know why they waited until we were at the front of the line, as we are boarding, to make us weigh our bags, when the flight was already delayed by so long. After we weighed our bags they told us we need to move some 10kg from one bag to a different bag, or pay $750 pesos. They really wanted us to sit there and try to move 10kg from one bag to another. That is completely ridiculous. The bags are normal travel size and fit perfectly. We argued with the employee but they wouldn't budge. They held up the entire line and pressured us so that we had to pay the stupid fee. It was so unnecessary because both the bags were going onto the carry on spot anyways. They just charged us a fee and scammed us. It literally made no difference because we still boarded with the same bags and same weight in the bags. This airline is horrible. Do not book with this airline if you do not have to. They delay flights consistently. They will cancel flights and merge them with much later flights to save themselves money.
RouteOaxaca to Merida
Date FlownNovember 2022

"I hope volaris can do better"

Trip Verified | On our way back to the United States I had my younger sister, grandmother and aunt with me. It already started off bad when the lady at the counter said that my sister wouldn’t be able to receive her ticket because we simply didn’t put her second last name. Though that lady was really understanding, it was when the time to get on the plane that angered me and people around me. They had switched the plane number stations last minute without telling anyone. The counter people were rushing us and hurrying us and even end up yelling at me and my sister pushing us to the side separating me and my grandmother which is what i was trying to avoid as she cannot read or write. I had tried asking for help as it was the first time flying and without my parents to help guide us. Counter lady was yelling at everyone but didn’t want to help because she wanted everyone on the plane at a certain time even though they started check ins very late. We then encountered the same issue again about my sisters ticket not having her second last name and when i tried explaining to the lady that the people downstairs said it was fine she kept interrupting me asking for my last name. I was visibly frustrated as i was already separated from my grandmother. As i was able to meet up with my grandmother a lady behind me was complaining about the same thing about being rushed. We both talked about it as it was frustrating because many of these people are boarding with grandparents and are doing double the work with their own ticket and their grandparents ticket. I hope volaris can do better as it just looks like that the attendants feel special and higher up than everyone around them.
RouteChicago to Guadalajara
Date FlownNovember 2022

"This airline is unreliable"

Trip Verified | I should have learned from my siblings. They got stranded by Volaris in December. I booked four tickets for my mother (who flew from Los Angeles to Mexico City)and family members that she was visiting. They showed up to the airport in Tapachula Mexico, and were told there were no reservation. My credit card had been charged and everything was supposed to be good to go. I called the customer service and the gentleman was useless. All he said, there was a problem with your card and you need to rebook. I was flaming hot. I explained my card had already been charged and he said, there's nothing he can do because that's a finance issue. I asked him to connect me to them, he said he couldn't. He said my money would be returned and it was a week later. How can there be an issue if they refunded my money? This airline is unreliable. My siblings had similar experience. Pay a little more and skip Volaris.
RouteMexico City to Tapachula
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"stay away from Volaris"

Not Verified | Real good chance you're gonna get burned by this airline I would stay far away. I waited a couple of months for airline fees to go down and get a round trip with them from San Antonio to Huatulco Mexico for $475. when I went to check in to start the trip they wanted to charge me 15 bucks to print a ticket since I hadn't done it online. that was an omen. Then on the plane you find out they're charging you for the little bag of peanuts and a soda. Made it down there OK and when it was time to return to San Antonio I I found out they oversold the flight and I couldn't get on and they wouldn't do anything about it at all it was horrible. Their solution was to send me down the counter to Aeromexico and I had to pay them 300 bucks to get to Mexico City before I got back on Volaris to go to San Antonio. But I had to do that when you have people watching your house and your pets you can't get back one or two days later when they have to be at work and school. I could've just spent $800 and gone with a class carrier like Aeromexico in the first place. A really stressful situation and horrible and being down there in a different country there was nothing I can do about it except pay more to Aeromexico to get back in time. Take my advice and stay away from Volaris it's only a matter time you'll get burned by them. Just go with a better airline like Aeromexico or whoever you choose that won't charge you for tickets at the counter and peanuts and sodas on the plane and leave you stranded.
RouteSan Antonio to Huatulco
Date FlownOctober 2022

"Never again Volaris"

Trip Verified | At the gate B-18 two staff from this airline asked to line up and weighted our luggage and asked people to pay. I did pay 1500.00 Mexican pesos approximately. Due to the chaos and many people surrounding the desk the lady asked to pay and proceeded to place a tag in may luggage. They did not gave me a receipt or anything and I was able to fly to Guadalajara. In Guadalajara when I was about to board another Volaris staff demanded me to pay for my luggage again! When I try to explained that I had pay in Mexico for my luggage he stated that if I would not pay I would not be allow into the plane. He would not hear my arguments at all and would not let me talk and instead he continued threatening me with not allowing me into the plane. Also he decided to send me to the security inspection which is something they do randomly. He did it as a way to punish me. I had to pay again 1584.00 to allowed me in. Rude person, abusive and felt humiliated. Never again Volaris.
RouteMexico city to Seattle via Guadalajara