Volaris

"the absolute worst airline"

Trip Verified | This was the absolute worst airline I have ever encountered. My son flew to El Salvador with our House Keeper to do charity work and they Lost or Stole his luggage. It never arrived at the airport. Volaris had no crew at baggage claim to assist him. We tried to do a Chat/Facebook and Email communication to get anyone to help us figure out how to help him find his luggage which had his medications and all his necessities as well as submitted a claim through the website. They had no phone numbers that led you to any individual humans. Absolutely no response to anything. My husband went to LAX to try and talk to a Volaris representative. He was there for over three hours trying to get anyone to assist him. The crew basically gave him the run around and never provided anyone to speak with. So now my 16 year old son is in El Salvador without any of his belongings. Had I knowns how awful this airline was I would for sure have paid whatever the extra cost was in flying with a reputable airline.
RouteLos Angeles to San Salvador
Date FlownJuly 2022

"forget to do security check"

Not Verified | Guadalajara to Las Vegas. I cannot believe they had everyone board the plane, then had everyone de-board the plane, and they said it was because they did not do a security check. After security check they had us board the plane again. Crazy! How do they forget to do security check.
RouteGuadalajara to Las Vegas
Date FlownJuly 2022

"stressful time I didn’t need"

Not Verified | The worst service ever, we passed TSA, Immigration, everything and right before boarding the girl at the front desk asked security to check on me and I didn’t even have a luggage with me, she let my daughter (minor) and husband passed but then they returned my daughter to check on her luggage as well. No using Volaris again, it was a headache and stressful time I didn’t need.
RouteChihuahua to Denver
Date FlownJuly 2022

"told sorry the flight is full"

Not Verified | My daughter is a 7 year old unaccompanied minor. We paid for special services so that my daughter could be taken to the front gate and taken care of. Flight was at 11am. Her grandmother showed up 3 hours before the flight as told by employees. She waited in line. Volaris is extremely short staff and has a lot of inexperienced people working the line. Grandma told them she had special services and that she needed to fill out special paperwork. Not a single person knew how to help her and told her to wait in line. One hour passed by. It is now 2 hours before the flight. Grandma is still just waiting for help. She asked three times if she could have the paperwork to fill out. She was told no and to keep waiting. Then they sent her to a separate line and was told again to wait. An additional 30 minutes pass by and she tells them again if she could at least have the documents to fill out. They kept passing other people in front of her instead of helping her. Then they told her they had no one to take my daughter to the gate, and to keep waiting. Grandma asked again if she could at least have paperwork and documents to fill out and if they could at least check her in. She was told no and to keep waiting. Once there was one hour left, Grandma was told sorry the flight is full and there is no one to take her to the gate. Therefore, she missed her flight and they were unwilling to help even though grandma said she could take her. All they said is: Sorry we have no one to take care of her. To top things off, my 7 year old daughter is now stuck in Mexico, missing summer school, cheerleading practice.
RouteChihuahua to Mexico City
Date FlownJuly 2022

"Will never fly Volaris again"

Not Verified | The worst company ever. I went to go and request a flight change and they told me that it would cost me $200 to do so. My whole roundtrip tickets for 2 people were $250. How does that make any sense? And this was within 24 hours of my purchase of the property. Absolutely insane. The worst company ever. Will never fly Volaris again. Could've changed my departure flight, but instead, you lost a customer for life.
RouteTijuana to Mexico City
Date FlownJuly 2022

"Worst airline in history"

Not Verified | Worst airline in history. Missed my connecting flight due to a delay (which was their fault, not due to traffic or weather), and was redirected 7 times before reaching an agent to reschedule the flight. The “best” they could offer me was a flight 18 hours later with no compensation of any kind (keep in mind I just finished the first flight, so I’m in a foreign city with no hotel reservation or anything). I suggested scheduling another connection that would take 12 hours less and they denied the request due to a “rule”, which when I asked for clarification they refused to provide any. Also, since it was an international flight and I wasn’t allowed to check in my bag until 4 hours before departure, I had to carry all my bags around with me for those 18 hours after an exhausting 6 hr flight in a random airport. Do yourself a favor and never fly Volaris if you wish to stay sane.
RouteNew York to Hermosillo via Guadalajara
Date FlownJuly 2022

"I will never fly with them again"

Trip Verified | Never had such a poor experience time after time, worst trained agents at the desks and stations to let you into the plane. They don’t care about customers nor how much they paid to buy their flights and turn on top of that they penny pinch you for every little thing. Like asking you to pay for your carry on? Then after you pay they have a separate line for those that didn’t pay so you can still go in with carry on with out paying makes no sense. I waited in line like any normal customer for boarding, then as about to get in they said I needed that little piece of paper from immigration, it’s that they didn’t have any extras there so they told me I had to leave out of the airport, and then back through security. I told them I had my computer bag stolen a there in Mexico a few days earlier so to just let me fill it out in the plane or when I land in US. They says no, I then took off running like they said, can’t back drenched in sweat and they said I couldn’t get in because they cut off to board was 1:47 and it was 1:53. Meanwhile people were still boarding as I could see them going up the stairs into plane. Then they sent me to a different gate to get a new ticket for the following day, they charged me an additional $100+ to get a new one. I will never fly with them again.
RouteGuadalajara to Dallas
Date FlownJune 2022

"Volaris refuse to refund us"

Not Verified | Horrible company. Our flights were for our honeymoon Jun 3nd to 6th they changed them 2 days before to the 2nd (the day of our wedding) and had no flights to change. We requested to cancle the flights (we paid for insurance for that) they canceled them but the insurance and Volaris refuse to refund us and I spent 9 hours on the phone with them transferring me back and forth and both saying it's the others job to refund. So here we are a month later $810.00 unrefunded.
RouteDenver to Cancun
Date FlownJune 2022

"changed our flight itinerary"

Not Verified | Cancun to Denver. They changed our flight itinerary less than a month from our trip. Not only was our arrival time pushed out TWO days, but we also had a 6 hour lay over in the middle of the night. We purchased a non stop flight five months ago on a specific day because we have jobs to return to. The only other options they had were all ten hours lay overs. So we had to cancel our flight and purchase through another airline less than a month before our trip. That's another couple hundred dollars I had to pay. I called Volaris to see if they would offer any sort of compensation. Idk airport voucher, free tour in Cancun or excursion just SOMETHING to make up the difference in what I am now having to pay due to their inconvenience. They couldn't offer anything but a refund which takes 7-10 days to process. I can't believe they don't have anything to offer to make this right. I paid them for a service for which they failed to provide. They changed the itinerary less than a month before our trip so we had to pay for more expensive flights. And they did nothing to try to make it right. They are unreliable.
RouteCancun to Denver
Date FlownJune 2022

"3rd time they delay my flight"

Not Verified | Horrible airline. This is the 3rd time they delay my flight not only for an hr but for more then 5 hrs. I cannot believe they don't do anything to make up for their mistake. I understand one time two times but already 4 times in less than a year? Definitely my last time travel through this airline. I rather pay more for my ticket then cancel all my plans and at the end have to spend more money. Not worth it.
RouteTijuana to Mexico city