Volaris

"Very disappointing"

Not Verified | Tijuana to Huatulco. Volaris changed my flight date and times without notifying me. This is a cancellation of my scheduled flight. They have no customer service, and will not answer their phones. They will not refund my flight. do not fly on this airline. Very disappointing.
RouteTijuana to Huatulco
Date FlownApril 2020

"not be flying with Volaris"

Not Verified | Mexico City to Los Angeles. I had a flight from LAX to MEX with Delta, and then a return flight with Volaris. My Delta flight was canceled due to COVID-19, and with a quick phone call, I was given a full refund. I would have been perfectly satisfied with an e-credit for Volaris, but there was no such offering. They did not respond to an email, and when I tried to call, their phone system would cut the call before I could speak with anyone. According to their site, refunds were only offered in the case of extraordinary circumstances, or if your government has restricted travel. The current prevalence of COVID-19 and government advisories against non-essential travel are not considered extraordinary circumstances it seems - but I can't quote a Volaris representative, because although I was emailed a receipt for my service request, there was never any response. When I do re-book my trip to Mexico, I will definitely not be flying with Volaris.
RouteMexico City to Los Angeles
Date FlownMarch 2020

"bank rejected the refund"

Trip Verified | Guadalajara to Los Angeles. I had to email them back and forth to get my refund for a flight that they cancelled. After over 2 weeks of back and forth they have granted me a refund to a bank account that has been closed since I have left America. Because of them being so unprofessional and the delay in the refund, the bank rejected the refund since its over 10 day limit. Thus they still have my money.
RouteGuadalajara to Los Angeles

"Terrible service"

Not Verified | Sacramento to Guadalajara. Terrible service. My flight was canceled without notice, the person who attended me at the counter was very rude and pedantic and hid his identification card on top of it without realizing that I had already seen his name. Apart from the next day that they gave me the hoax they charged me $10 for not doing my previous ticket check, it is not possible that apart from being canceled they still charge you for breathing. And not content with that, the young lady who served me had the luxury of telling me that if I kept giving my comments, she wasn't going to let me fly, it's too much. | Pésimo servicio. Me cancelaron mi vuelo sin previo aviso la persona que me atendió en el mostrador fue muy grosera y pedante y encima se escondió su tarjeta de identificación sin percatarse que yo ya avía visto su nombre. Aparte al día siguiente que me dieron el bulo me cobraron 10 dólares por no hacer mi chequeo de boleto previo no es posible que aparte de que te cancelan todavía te cobran asta por respirar. Y no contentos con eso la señorita que me atendió se dio el lujo de decirme que si seguía dando mis comentarios no me iba a dejar volar es demasiado.
RouteSacramento to Guadalajara
Date FlownApril 2020

"change was not available"

Not Verified | Tijuana to Oaxaca. Due to the issues of COVID-19 and the closure of the border. I chose to refund my money but that option wasn't available to me because of certain requirements put forth by Volaris. I decided to change the flight at "no extra fee" to a flight in November but flights do not exist past April. Every time I try to change the flight that option does not process through because it says the change was not available.
RouteTijuana to Oaxaca
Date FlownNovember 2019

"The worst airline ever"

Trip Verified | The worst airline ever. How can they cancel a flight less than 24h before departure, then ask me to call them to arrange things, then hang up on me tens of times after making me wait 30 minutes at times? Two days now, I could not reach them.
RouteMexico City to Oaxaca

"lack of professionalism"

Trip Verified | Chicago to Leon. I am beyond upset. I have been a loyal customer of this airline. I tried to cancel my flight due to my airport closing because of members of the airport being infected with COVID-19. I called several times, I been on hold for more than 25 minutes per call. Today, I called 12 times! 12 times! No one answers. I called to their Spanish and English line. No answered. They just keep me waiting there, and then call gets disconnected. I emailed them, no answer at all. I tried to do it online. My only option is within a week! this is a very stressful time. Volaris is making it worst! I do not know what to do now, I guess I am losing my tickets for me and my family to due to the lack of professionalism from Volaris.
RouteChicago to Leon
Date FlownMay 2019

"I could not cancel my flight"

Trip Verified | Writing to document another case where needed to cancel trip, Tijuana to La Paz, due to COVID-19 but airline makes it impossible to do. They have a page about their COVID response saying We Are In This Together. Just insult to injury. I could not cancel my flight because it had not been purchased within the past 24 hours. Changing the flight only let you choose from dates up to April 5 2020; a whole week! They do not answer their phones. I did find an area on their website and filled out a generic communication form, but am not hopeful. I also found in searching for other options they have an email address - [email protected] I will send an email there but again, not hopeful.
RouteTijuana to La Paz
Date FlownMarch 2020

"never given me a refund"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Guadalaraja via Cancun. They cancelled my flight and have never given me a refund! I feel abused. We save up so much money to try to go on holiday and they have the cheek to take it all away from us.
RouteLos Angeles to Guadalaraja via Cancun
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Can't get through to them"

Not Verified | Ciudad Juarez to Cancun. We were going to cross into Mexico at Juarez and board a plane there to fly to Cancun on April 16, 2020. The border has been closed. Volaris refuses to allow me to cancel my flight. They sent me an email stating that I could change my flight at no charge, but on their website they now claim that there are no available flights. They are just going to keep over $1,000. Can't get through to them by phone, they keep hanging up on me while I wait on hold.
RouteCiudad Juarez to Cancun