Turkish Airlines

Turkish Airlines customer review

We travelled TK 1035 IST-BUD on 20 September. I had the window seat my partner the middle and an obese person who needed the extension seat belt was in the aisle. We paid AUD 553 each for the two hour flight (expensive by world standards due to no competition). My partner had the most uncomfortable journey as the obese person was spilling over into his space. Unsafe and uncomfortable. All airlines need to address this disgraceful practice inflicted on passengers who are within a healthy weight range.

Turkish Airlines customer review

IST-KUL A330. Flight delayed 1hr 20 mins and arrived 1hr late. Poor room allowance for Economy and poor food. Did not partake of on-board entertainment so cannot judge. Whilst I would recommend Turkish airlines for the GTW-IST leg of my two (separate) legged flight this flight was nowhere near as nice.

Turkish Airlines customer review

Birmingham to Dalaman via Istanbul and return. First time I've used Turkish Airlines and it won't be the last. Clean comfortable planes with plenty of leg room friendly crew members good meal on 4hr flight and snacks on short domestic flight. I usually use a charter flight direct to Dalaman to avoid having to change planes in Istanbul but it was an easy transfer and it actually cost less than any of the charter flights. My only complaint would be that the cabin was very hot and the air conditioning was ineffective.

Turkish Airlines customer review

I and my husband were traveling from LAX round trip. The travel agent did all booking so I suppose the pricing was fair. From LAX to Istanbul the plane was new and clean although restrooms after 3 hours were dirty until the end of 13 hour long flight. No soap no paper towels to dry wet hands on. Seats were uncomfortable we felt squashed between rows. Food was good. Service was OK. Entertainment was outdated. The air in the cabin was OK. Return from Istanbul to LAX the plane was full. This time we got an old plane seats were extremely uncomfortable food was bad and the air in the cabin was hot and stuffy toilet conditions were awful. Could not sleep a minute. Given a choice I would stay away from Turkish.

Turkish Airlines customer review

Flew from LGW-IST-DAR-JRO-MBA-IST-LHR all with Turkish. Was disappointed by the size of the seats. The service onboard was quite rude and the quality of the food was poor. I also found the check-in agents quite rude. My IFE was not working with no apology. I would not recommend Turkish Airlines from this experience.

Turkish Airlines customer review

GVA-IST-KTM return. Inconsistency is the hallmark of Turkish Airlines. It was very nice to have free drinks a nice dinner and an in-flight movie (screens above the seats) on a 3 hour European flight. However on the next leg to Kathmandu there was no seat-back IFE and when they played the movie you got English in one ear and Turkish in the other. (I would have liked a movie to block out the sound of the 3 infants near my seat.) On the way back there were seat back screens all the way even on the short-haul flight back to Geneva. The food was superb although I never know why airlines flying to majority Hindu countries don't have a vegetarian option and Turkish coffee would have been nice. Cabin attendants don't seem too concerned with safety (I don't think they check to see if seatbelts are done up) and while they may appear unfriendly I think many passengers don't pick up on the Turkish "long-blink-with-pursed-lips" facial expression equivalent of a smile. The policy of having one cabin attendant per trolley didn't seem to be too efficient. The two-class configuration on short haul (where one of the cabin attendants is designated as a "chef") may actually result in a lower staff-passenger ratio for economy passengers compared to a low-cost carrier where they need to sell. At times the staff seemed a bit overwhelmed Short delay on the Kathmandu flights - not a big deal but no explanation. On some sectors the pilots didn't address the passengers at all and other times they did. Finally the complementary tour of Istanbul for transit passengers (including food) is a nice touch. Clearly Turkish have the right idea they just need to standardise their product.

Turkish Airlines customer review

Flew HKG-CDG-HKG Premium Economy Aug/Oct 2013 with a stop in Istanbul. Unfortunately Istanbul - CDG leg was in economy as no Premium available. Both Premium and Economy were miles above most airlines for service comfort and food. The entertainment system was great with plenty of movies and music. Free wifi was a bonus I didn't expect. Definitely want to fly Turkish again.

Turkish Airlines customer review

London LGW to BKK via IST. Business Class Passenger. LGW-IST sector on older Airbus. Only 2 out of 20 BC passengers. Only BC Toilet out of action. Seat Mechanism did not operate. Could not eject remote control from socket. Food very bland and wine selection poor. LCD screen at alternative seat very faint and could not be adjusted. IST-BKK sector had much new Aircraft but again food quality very ordinary despite one attendant being dressed as "Chef" Food was microwaved and very bland. Indifferent staff on both sectors. Got distinct impression that if they liked you you got better service.

(Finland)

HEL-IST-HEL. I was impressed the short check in both ways the planes boarded left and arrived in time the luggage was quickly delivered (in Istanbul already when reaching the belt). The plane was a new AB321 and clean. A real lunch with beverage was served (with a menu and choice of two dishes). The crew was at the highest adequate (this a clear development point) but not friendly. Name tags for the bag were finished both in Helsinki and Istanbul.

Turkish Airlines customer review

My wife and I flew from Istanbul to Abu Dhabi on flight TK 0868 on Thur 17 Oct 2013. It had been a great holiday but the flight out was a real let down. For inexplicable reasons our seats were in a hot zone in the plane and we felt like we were being subjected to some sort of in-flight sauna! We did ask the flight attendant (twice in fact) if she could let the flight engineer know of our discomfort. Nothing changed and our four hour flight was awful (not helped by the fact that my wife already felt under the weather). The staff member to whom we reported the fault appeared genuinely sympathetic but although the rear seats in the plane did get cooler we sweltered the whole trip. I think Turkey's a great place and would like to visit it again - but I will not travel on Turkish airlines again.