Turkish Airlines

"never had worse experience"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Tashkent via Istanbul. This was the worst experience ever. I had 2 hours overstop. Flight was one hour delayed and in the end arrived 1.5 hours later. Instead of a good service their service desk treat you like a jerk. Not only they Do not say sorry or show compassion by the fact that i will not make very important meeting, they lie you about the business class seats availability and give you free ticket to eat at burger king, what is the worst food. I never had worse experience with an airline. Please do not fly with this airline as you will save your nerves and health.
RouteAmsterdam to Tashkent via Istanbul
Date FlownDecember 2019

"service and staff quality is decreasing"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | Istanbul to Milan. I was carrying only a cabin luggage, had already checked in before arrival at airport. It took just 15min from arriving at airport until after Passport security. Boarding starts 1 hour prior to flight, unnecessary long, because when I was on time at the gate I still had to wait like 20min until boarding started. Flight was pleasant, they offered me wider seat to make me more comfortable. The crew was nice and kind except for one guy, he has forgotten was smiling means. Food was excellent. Entertainment was excellent. But be careful the service and staff quality is decreasing while the prices are increasing.
RouteIstanbul to Milan

"staff even mock you"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Istanbul to Kuala Lumpur. Bad attitude, and the Ground service staff even mock you when you don’t understand their funny accent of English. I checked in via online so I went to ‘web check in’ counter to drop my luggage and was rudely told by the staff to go that was only for families check in. Why you put ‘Web check in’ Signboard in front of the queue but not serving web check in customer? Cabin seat was so uncomfortable and I can’t recline it because button was not working. Cabin crew service was better but they only repeat same dialog, like a printing machine. You can’t have further communication with them.
RouteIstanbul to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownDecember 2019

"it has been a nightmare"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | In July I booked though the Turkish Airlines App a ticket from Rome to Delhi via Istanbul at a very affordable price for the beginning of November. As the months passed I received several email with changing in timing of the flights, the last one at the mid of October I realized that I had only 1 hour and 20 minutes stop over at Istanbul, so I was a little worried. I called the call center and the lady told me that according to them the time was enough and she asked me if I wanted to cancel the tickets or I wanted to confirm it, I confirmed it. I arrived at the Airport and the lady at the desk said that I had a reservation for Istanbul but not for Delhi, that she could send the backpack but that when I arrived to Istanbul I should go to the Turkish desk to print the second boarding pass. I arrived on time I literally ran to the desk and the man told me that he couldn’t find the reservation because my flight was with a partner of Turkish named Indigo - it was written on the ticket but I didn’t know that was a low cost airline. I showed him that Turkish booked it, not me. The airplane was small, no entertainment, uncomfortable seats, paying to eat (i had no money with me and my card was not working on their machine). I wrote an email through the customer service they never answered. I will never fly with Turkish Airlines again, it has been a nightmare.
RouteRome to Delhi via Istanbul

"The food is very good"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Singapore via Istanbul. I was unable to get the boarding passes for the initial legs both ways, which is rather annoying. The staff were polite during check-in and the flights. The food is very good and there are options to choose from. The entertainment system, especially in the longer flights, could really get a hardware update (it’s slow and complicated) and definitely better titles (although there is diversity). Connecting to wifi needed some intervention by flight attendants at a certain point as it wasn’t connecting straight. It is a paid service, but it is good to be available.
RouteLisbon to Singapore via Istanbul

"very disappointed"

(Iran)

Trip Verified | Toronto to Tehran via Istanbul. I am using Turkish Airlines for many years. The young lady who was serving me, was so aggressive and very unkind. The whole flight I was shaking and was under so much stress. I will never use again the Turkish Airlines. This young lady put me under so much stress over my luggage. The airlines should pay more attention to hire the right person to serve the customers. I got very disappointed and not happy with my recent flight and use other flight instead of Turkish Airlines.
RouteToronto to Tehran via Istanbul
Date FlownDecember 2019

"not recommend this airline"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | Amsterdam to Doha via Istanbul. I booked a flight with this airline to leave Amsterdam on 30th December 2019 at 18:00 and to arrive in Doha on 31 December at 07:00. They then change it to arrive in Qatar on 1st January at 0700. We reschedule the flight to depart from Amsterdam on 30th December at 12:00 to arrive in Qatar on 31st December. today they change again their flights and we had to schedule again to depart from Amsterdam on 29th December to fit the airline as there is no flights on 30 December. I am very disappointed in this airline as we had to change all our schedules and plans to fit the airline. I will not recommend this airline due to changes like this.
RouteAmsterdam to Doha via Istanbul
Date FlownDecember 2019

"managed to get a very good fare"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Istanbul to Cape Town. Excellent crew but food ghastly and Turkish Airlines food is inedible. Overcooked and unappetizing. Pity because i could not fault them on anything else. Would definitely travel with them again but would bring my own snacks. I managed to get a very good fare which is a bonus.
RouteIstanbul to Cape Town
Date FlownDecember 2019

"cannot recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | Chicago to Skopje via Istanbul. I booked economy class tickets on Turkish Airlines and paid extra for exit row seating. Unfortunately, the airline cancelled the first leg of the trip two weeks before scheduled departure. This meant I would miss my connection to my ultimate destination. I had to leave two days earlier than planned due to the cancellation. It also meant the exit row seat I paid for was no longer available. Normal businesses would refund this extra expense I paid for the exit row seating. After submitting a feedback request, the airline agreed to refund the money, however, six months later I still have not seen a dime of that money despite tens of feedback requests/emails. The airline has delayed, confused, made excuses, claimed no refund was needed, etc. all to try and frustrate me so that I would no longer pursue the refund. I also contacted the consumer protection division of the USDOT, who relayed my complaint to the airline. The airline again agreed to refund the money, but now continues to make unreasonable demands for me to receive the refund. The airline claims they can not refund the credit card used to make the purchase and insist on me providing a copy of my passport and bank account information. Coincidentally, I had a very similar experience on KLM about a month after my Turkish Airline flight. KLM was wonderful. They refunded my credit card within 5 days of the flight. The Turkish Airline flight was a terrible ten-hour flight that was very uncomfortable. I am tall at 6'2, the seat was not fit for a much smaller person. The aircraft was old. The plane had decor of the 70's and 80's and many of the video screens around me were broken, including mine. On the brighter side, the flight crew was pleasant and the food good. Outside of the uncomfortable seat, the flight would have been grand. On the return trip, I did sit in an exit row and can honestly say it was a very pleasant flight. Unfortunately, given my experience with the customer service and refund process, I can not recommend this airline. If anything goes wrong and you expect a refund, you will be frustrated. The airline does not do the right thing. It is worth paying a little more on competitor airlines
RouteChicago to Skopje via Istanbul
Date FlownJune 2019

"The staff are all rude"

(Philippines)

Not Verified | Cairo to Manila via Istanbul. We came from a long trip in 3 countries and flight going home from Cairo, was Turkish Airlines. Our experience from our tour turned into nightmare when our connecting flight with the same airline going home to Manila left us. We knew our rights as passengers on this case and asserted it, but this airline did not make our 24 hours wait in the airport comfortable. We learned that they cannot issue us e-visa because we were not Shengen or US visa holders, so we understood that we cannot avail their free hotel accomodation in the city plus avail free airport transport. The least they could do to compensate their shortcomings to us is to at least accommodate us in a hotel inside the airport or have us stay in their lounge. Their wifi was limited for only an hour and was not enough for us to communicate with our loved ones, as well as do transactions with our associates in Manila as their shortcomings to us affected many of our business activities and other commitments. With the food, we have to get stub every 5 hours before we can eat. Its a long walk to go there then walk again going to the restaurant. The staff are all rude and does not really care. I wonder why your have "Care Points" with people who does not care.
RouteCairo to Manila via Istanbul