Turkish Airlines

"e-visa was not accepted"

(Bangladesh)

Trip Verified | I was at the airport the early morning of 28 July 2020 to take TK 713 to Istanbul after I confirmed my booking the previous morning. I completed my Covid-19 screening at 2:20 AM (slip available on request). I proceeded to Turkish Airline check-in to be told that only Turkish passport holders and people with Turkish resident cards are now allowed into Turkey. I had an e-visa with me but it was not accepted. I also had a letter with me from my embassy in Ankara to confirm that I will be taking a repatriation flight with Turkish Airlines to Johannesburg on 31 July 2020. When I suggested that they allow me to stay in transit at Istanbul it was refused as well. According to them it was more than 24 hours and is not allowed.
RouteDhaka to Istanbul
Date FlownJuly 2020

"disgusting way they mistreat clients"

Trip Verified | The coronavirus-related compensation programmes announced by Turkish Airlines are there just to fob clients with empty promises. They refuse to apply them and do not follow ticket change/refund terms as advertised on their website. I had a flight booked with Turkish Airlines from Montreal to Sofia in second half of March 2020. I could not travel due to rapidly evolving pandemic situation, with new travel advisories and restriction imposed, and borders closed literally every 24 hours. At that time, Turkish Airlines had already cancelled virtually all European flights as of March 14 and had announced seemingly customer friendly compensation policies such as the Open Ticket and the Zero Change Fee. Back then, I called Turkish Airlines customer center, explained precisely my case, provided airline confirmation number and they told me my ticket was cancelled and I was eligible for free ticket change under their Zero Change Fee policy. Whenever I’d decide my new dates of travel, I should simply call them back for issuing my new ticket – that’s what they told me and this fact is well documented. Beginning of July I contacted them to request ticket change for a flight in August for the same destination and same cabin class as per the Zero Change Fee policy terms. It’s been 3 weeks now and I still do not have my new ticket issued. During that time I spend a lot of time calling Turkish Airlines call center, speaking to customer care department, writing several feedbacks through the form on their website. They would not take responsibility, I was given a bunch of ridiculous explanations and excuses, even got shameful demands to collect fare difference or cabin class ‘upgrade’ for more money, all of which contradicts the published terms of their Zero Change Fee policy. So, bottom line is that they do not adhere to the terms of announced policies, waste customers time and deride customers by asking them to contact third parties or their sales offices that may be closed, despite their website states clearly that all requests can be completed by calling the call center or online, as I was told back in March. Their call center and feedback form is a complete waste of time, they are not there to solve problems, but just to lead customers to a dead end – replies are but general wording and one can clearly see nobody in their customer care department is really following your case, aware of details or even reading what you wrote to them. Everything is done to deceive customers and to procrastinate the fulfilment of customer’s requests, ultimately ruining their travel plans. It is a disgrace for a Star Alliance member to treat its customer in such a way and my vow to Turkish Airlines would be that more actions are coming to denounce the disgusting way they mistreat clients.
RouteMontreal to Sofia via Instambul
Date FlownMarch 2020

"they canceled my flight"

Trip Verified | Rubbish! Booked this airline - they canceled my flight from SIN - IST, then when it got that settled, they canceled all flights from IST - EWR and charged me for some reason the price difference to change my destination to JFK airport even though they canceled my flight in the first place. I should be getting compensated for all these cancellations by them but somehow they are charging me for it?
RouteSingapore to New York via Istanbul
Date FlownJuly 2020

"sitting on customers money"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | I booked a flight TK185 and then TK68 Barcelona to Istanbul, a stop-over 3hrs, then Istanbul to Bangkok. This is to have been 1 flight with a stop of convenience to Turkish Airlines. They cancelled the 2nd part of the flight on 4 days notice and will only refund 473.38 Euros out of the 858.62 Euros I paid. They have not mentioned the 120E I paid for excess baggage. We knowingly booked anon refund flight as we want to get home. We booked 1 flight not 2 as Turkish appear to be trying to say. They have offered no alternative flight wise except to fly us to Istanbul and leave us there. My full fare should be refunded, as I do not want to stay in Istanbul as nice as it may be. To date I have credit voucher with KLM, waiting refund from SWISS and paid excess charges to CheapOair all to make one flight. Virus or not the airlines are sitting on customers money.
RouteBarcelona to Bangkok via Istanbul
Date FlownJuly 2020

"warning to anyone buying a ticket"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | This is a warning to anyone buying a ticket from Turkish. In case of cancellation of the airline, they will only start refunding customer 60 days after they resume their full international schedule flight. That may be in a very, very long period of time. I was told this today. That means that you should not expect any refund from this airline this year or maybe next. It is a shame that a star alliance member airline can behave in this way.
RouteIstanbul to Copenhagen
Date FlownNovember 2019

"deceiving you as a customer"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | During the time of a pandemic you would think that airlines would stop being greedy and stop deceiving you as a customer. When booking on the website, the middle seats on the flight were blocked as in the middle seat cannot be occupied in order to keep some distance. When I boarded the flight was full, and some people weren’t even wearing their masks. On top of that, you pay a full ticket price assuming that since you’re not on a low fare airline you would be served a snack or coffee. Nothing was served except water. And while booking if you wanted to choose a seat you’d have to pay extra! I don’t understand how is this allowed at a normal airline.
RouteIstanbul to Izmir
Date FlownJuly 2020

"no refund after 3 months"

Trip Verified | Very rude call centre people once they take your money from card you are abandoned as no help you get from them. Flights have been cancelled, no email notification, no live information, no refund after 3 months! This is the last time I am using them.
RouteLondon to Dubrovnik via Istanbul
Date FlownMay 2020

"The worst airline ever"

Trip Verified | The worst airline ever. My 2 baggage have lost around 4 months. I have done everything that you can imagine: filling report, calling the airline, following their website's feedback but up to now, no one takes responsibility. No one says what do I do to get my luggage. So irresponsible
RouteIstanbul to Sao Paulo
Date FlownMarch 2020

"don't fly Turkish Airlines"

Trip Verified | Starting with the first purchase with Turkish Airlines, I have ordered a ticked for June 22, 2020 (After airline began flights starting June 19th), my flight got canceled. I opted in to have my next flight July 7,2020 ... a week later that flights get canceled as well, so I call the 1-800 number, wait for 45 minutes to be connected with someone, that is each time I have to call and wait for 45-70 minutes to be connected. Once done so, the airline schedules me for July 1st. The flight they scheduled me for uses United Airline to fly from DEN-ORD and then Turkish Airlines from ORD to Istanbul and to Kiev. Long story short, I am moving to Ukraine permanently so I cancel my lease and get to the airport only to find out that flight from United doesn't even exist. Calling Turkish .. after 30-40 minutes of wait, I get a feedback case number. 7 hours later, still nothing besides the email saying "we have a feedback case open". Basically no flight rebooking, no rerouting. Now I am sitting in hotel as I have no place to stay, no relatives in USA and I don't have a lot of money to do this for more than few days. On top of everything, I am sitting on the phone with Turkish Airlines and waiting for 1 hours 32 minutes and 33 seconds as of now. No response. Always book on Expedia or other merchants as they offer protection... don't fly Turkish Airlines.
RouteDenver to Kiev via Chicago / Istanbul
Date FlownJuly 2020

"Be aware of this airline"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to Málaga via Istanbul. Be aware of this airline, these days they just cancel flights for no reason and last minute. They cancelled 2 times of my flight ticket HK - Istanbul- Málaga. You don't want this for you, especially during a pandemic situation, while everything is changing, all you want is a reliable airline that take you to your destination as planned. I changed everything (hotels, rentals and even with my dog) The experience for booking ticket for my dog traveling along wasn’t nice either. The way to book is to call their call center, where they only know how to keep seat but no idea in regards to the process sending and picking up dog at both airports, you have to call local sales team for it. But for my case the HK local team has no responding for 2 weeks and still hasn’t replied a proper answer.
RouteHong Kong to Málaga via Istanbul