Turkish Airlines

"are not reliable at all"

Trip Verified | Tashkent to Toronto via Istanbul. Try do not buy ticket from this airlines. They will cancel your ticket anytime and will ask you pay more to reschedule your trip. Turkish Airlines are not reliable at all. At the beginning you think you are buying cheap ticket but later it will cost your more than others.
RouteTashkent to Toronto via Istanbul
Date FlownJune 2020

"they offer a voucher "

Trip Verified | Turkish Airlines nowadays just drag your feet to make a reservation and get your money, they followed adopted a shameful and unethical to get your money. They sell me a ticket and they canceled my flight 48 hours later after I made the reservation, and after I called them to confirm they will resume the operation starting 7/1/20. They canceled my departure flight, they were telling me my return flight is still active, why, because of Covid19, so why COVI9 is impacting the departure trip and not impacting the return trip, it's only 10 days apart. And there were no changes related to COVID19 during that 48 hours. How can I use the return flight if the departure is canceled, they didn't offer me to even reschedule the departure trip, they offer a voucher when I asked for a refund, they said no refund for Economy Class. I mentioned to them about other specific airlines whey offered a refund for economy class, then when they get stuck, they said, this is our policy.
RouteLos Angeles to Cairo via Instanbul
Date FlownJuly 2019

"refusing to refund your money"

Trip Verified | Turkish Airlines has adopted a shameful policy to recover their losses and finance their operations these days. They sell you ticket (only to get your money, no intention to fly you to your destination), then cancel the flight and keep you hostage by refusing to refund your money. They don't answer phones and emails. You have to accept a credit to be used in a year or pay a penalty and still wait god knows how many months or years before they decide to give your money back. It's so dishonest and shameful. Never ever again trust them.
RouteToronto to Istanbul
Date FlownJune 2020

"changed my flight 5 times"

(Bulgaria)

Not Verified | This is by far the worst company I have travelled with. They changed my flight 5 times and constantly giving me false information. They are part of the Star Alliance group, but doesnt want to give you ticket from other of their alliance members. Refunding your money will take a year and this basically means you are being a bank for them. They are constantly not picking their phones and putting you on hold. From April, now I'm not even sure will i fly in July! This is ridiculous.
RouteTokyo to Sofia via Istanbul
Date FlownApril 2020

"only option is free change request"

Not Verified | It is appalling how bad Turkish Airlines handled their refunding options during the COVID period. Their website clearly states the following options for a refund: open ticket, free change request, refund in Miles, refund with a voucher, standard refund; however, whenever you contact them the only real option is free change request. As a frequent flyer to Turkey, I will use other airlines going forward. During this outbreak all other airlines I had reservations with gave a full refund within days; however, Turkish Airlines is refusing to have any common sense and make sure their customers are suffering.
RouteHouston to Istanbul
Date FlownMay 2020

"most customer unfriendly airline"

Trip Verified | They do not respond to emails, I wonder what they do? knowing they have already our money taken in advance no support or service is provided to us and our flights are getting cancelled.This is not acceptable. In the past they had the call centre in Romania and they was helpful and amazing, now due to cost cutting they moved to Ukraine where people do not understand customer service, very rude staff-huffing and puffing in my ear on the phone knowing they have cancelled my original flight (this was well before the CORONA VIRUS) I have to say Turkish Airlines is the most customer unfriendly airline I have ever flown with, cannot wait to get my money back. They put you as well to log a a customer relation ticket in order to get rid of you from the phone,, so you waste even more time doing that knowing they have cancelled originally the flight, and after their response is another standard template not even addressing the the original issue.
RouteLondon to Bodrum via Istanbul
Date FlownOctober 2019

"never travel with Turkish Airlines again"

(Ecuador)

Trip Verified | Panama City to Tehran via Istanbul. Tragedy. I will never travel with Turkish Airlines again. I had both the visa and the residence card of the country I wanted, but at the entrance of the flight gate, my wife and my pregnant wife were prevented from flying, and we were displaced at the Turkish airport for three days, and no one was held accountable. The flight attendants were very ignorant and stubborn. Finally, after ten days and following up with the embassy of my country and enduring a lot of expenses, I was able to save myself and my family.
RoutePanama City to Tehran via Istanbul
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"refused to reroute my way back"

Not Verified | Cairo to Manchester via Istanbul. They cancelled my flight, not informed me and refused to reroute my way back home. When I submitted a complaint they said "since all the procedure applied was in accordance with the rules". I replied Can you please tell me which rules say that: 1. You do not have to inform your passengers by any means of communication about their flight cancellation? Clearly you haven't informed myself or my booking agent that the flight was cancelled. 2. You do not have to reroute your passengers onto another flights to help them get back to their homes? Again you failed to help me with that.
RouteCairo to Manchester via Istanbul
Date FlownMarch 2020

"treated us in Istanbul like animals"

Trip Verified | Stuttgart to Douala via Istanbul. This is the worst company you can fly with. I strongly disadvise anyone who will want to travel with them. It is sometime cheaper, but believe me it is not worth it! They left us at the airport on my return for more than 9 hours without given us any reasonable reason. They treated us in Istanbul like animals. When I came back, I wrote to the customer service to ask for reparation, and they couldn't even give me something. It is a real shame.
RouteStuttgart to Douala via Istanbul
Date FlownDecember 2019

"never fly with them!"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | I am very frustrated with this airline. Due to the Pandemic of Corona Virus, they were unable to make the flight from Sao Paulo to Istambul. However, now they say it could take 1 year - yes, 1 whole year - to refund my money, which would be very important right now with the economic crisis we have ahead. I agree that the money i already paid should be refund later, as we now the airlines are also suffering a lot, but the most impressive is they refuse to cancel the payments i have in the next 4 months. That means one thing: we, customers, became banks for them. We pay every month for tickets that no longer exists, and after 12 months, they will give our money back - no interests, of course! Easy like that, right? Every single peace of the Tourism economy took a huge blow, but it appears Turkish Airlines thinks they are really special. One thing is for sure, never fly with them!
RouteSao Paulo to Istanbul