Turkish Airlines

"disappointing part is the staff"

Trip Verified | Cairo to Istanbul. A high quality of hardware for the cabin, catering and entertainment. There is a great variety of choices of movie. The most disappointing part is the staff, both ground and cabin. The check-in counter staff at Cairo are unwilling to help on choosing seat, without even checking the availability when I ask for. The cabin crew are impatient on listening to passengers requests.
RouteCairo to Istanbul

"Entertainment was good"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Dhaka to Paris via Istanbul in May 2019. Except the ground staffs of Istanbul airport everything was good. Good food. On time departure. On board staff were friendly. Entertainment was good.
AircraftA330-300 / A321
RouteDhaka to Paris via Istanbul
Date FlownMay 2019

"frustrated beyond words"

(Azerbaijan)

Not Verified | Baku to Los Angeles via Istanbul. I have not even taken this flight yet, it's coming up in March and I am already frustrated beyond words with the Feedback System. When my itinerary from Baku-LAX (17 hours in the air) was purchased, I bought seat selection for extra comfort, especially the long haul from IST-LAX and return. I had to make a slight change in the departure from Baku-IST by a few hours earlier. Because of this change on the initial segment of my flight, all seat selections for the entire itinerary were cancelled, a loss of over 200 euros. I chose to repurchase the seat selection again for a cost of 200 euro. After 2 formal requests to be refunded for the loss of 200 euros in cancelled seat selections, TK simply keeps referring me to the feedback form online and reminds me that I agreed to the changes before I confirmed that change in departure date. Had the vague message at the time of ticket change been made clear, something like "your seat selections for ALL seats on this entire itinerary will be lost" I would have never changed the departure date. However, the corporate response from TK continues to refer me to this feedback form which keeps sending me the same unsatisfactory response. TK prides itself on flying to more countries than any other, but who cares. The focus should be on improving the customer experience when dealing with people. TK staff have no decision making power and zero ability to change anything, even after talking to the "highest level" of customer service. Robotic staff who repeat the same corporate jargon and policies over and over are not trained at all to deal with real people with real issues. Get it right and start treating long term customers better or your once a week flights to random African destinations don't mean much.
RouteBaku to Los Angeles via Istanbul
Date FlownJanuary 2020

!they will never refund you"

Not Verified | Never buy the Turkish Airlines Refund / Cancellation option, they will never refund you. They make it seem flexible when purchasing your trip on the website but you will never get refunded and will end up paying your initial flight ticket more expensive for absolutely nothing.
RouteUlaanbaatar to Paris via Istanbul
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"food selection and taste the best"

Trip Verified | Istanbul to Singapore. Great service, very helpful and friendly cabin crew. Flight was on time. I love Turkish food and food selection and taste the best.
RouteIstanbul to Singapore

"Terrible experience!"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Skopje via Istanbul. Terrible experience! Lost our bags after upgrading to Business Class without apology or compensation. Overcharged us and lied about availability on return trip. I do not recommend this airline when traveling Southern Europe. Choose another and avoid disappointment.
RouteAmsterdam to Skopje via Istanbul
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Worst customer service"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Milano to Hanoi via Istanbul. Worst customer service ever, I know it's economy class, but even with other companies in economy class they don't treat you like that specially if you travel with your family and you have a 1 year old baby.
RouteMilano to Hanoi via Istanbul
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"refuse providing us any help"

(Ukraine)

Trip Verified | Antalya to Odessa via Istanbul. As a result of 9 hr delayed flights, our check-in suitcases were totally destroyed! At Lost & Found they told to contact the Airline, but there was no Turkish Airlines office in Odessa airport! Moreover, THY local hotline support told us that we shall prepare and send a complaint to HQ! I prepared, printed, sent by post - no any feedback! So I contacted by e-mail. And again they refuse providing us any help and compensation, while we can have a compensation for delay as well as for destroyed suitcases!
RouteAntalya to Odessa via Istanbul
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"uncomfortable economy class seating"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Dar es Salaam via Istanbul, returning from Nairobi. Biggest criticism is the the very tight and uncomfortable economy class seating in all sections flown. Can't imagine why use the Boeing 737's on the LON-IST section with such high passenger demand. Food was OK like any other budget no-frill airline. I did online booking but found I could not print a pdf copy of it. When I phoned their London office I came across a very irate Customer Services guy who then emailed the tickets but were in Turkish language. This was hard to interpret but fortunately one could make out the important details. Having said all this Istanbul airport is among the best.
RouteGatwick to Dar es Salaam via Istanbul
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"arrogant and unhelpful staff"

Not Verified | Frankfurt to Singapore via Istanbul. I was sold Turkish Airlines as being on par with Singapore Airlines by travel industry insiders and travellers. It is not; but it is much cheaper to fly. However, I cannot forgive the bad treatment and service I received at the new airport lounge. It is big with some of the best food served, but staffed by arrogant and unhelpful staff with terrible attitude. What a pity and waste of resources to be thus spoiled.
RouteFrankfurt to Singapore via Istanbul