TAP Portugal

TAP Portugal customer review

Outbound flight MUC-LIS delayed six hours. Inbound flight appears as cancelled on Lisbon airport website due to planned four day pilots strike. TAP tell me the flight is still on I travel to the airport six hours early to get rebooked on anything going back to MUC and they still deny it is cancelled. After lining up for one hour get rebooked onto a Lufthansa flight by a TAP agent.

TAP Portugal customer review

MIA-LIS-MAD-LIS-MIA in late June. Aircraft from MIA to LIS was an A330. All A330 have in-seat individual screens and I understand that about half of their A330 fleet has updated IFE but neither the MIA-LIS nor LIS- MIA flights were aircraft's with the updated IFE. Nonetheless there was still a decent selection of TV shows and movies in English. I usually fly Iberia to Spain so TAP is a huge improvement in the IFE area as Iberia does not have individual screens. I was able to secure exit row seats in all flight legs when I checked in online and at no extra cost. In flight service on the MIA-LIS was lacking a bit. After dinner service they mostly disappear. On the daytime flight returning to the US they were more attentive however they ran out of meals and we were not able to have a choice. Fish was the only "option" and as I don't eat fish I wasn't able to have lunch. Next time I will request a special meal. We weren't even in the back of the plane rather in row 28 and they had run out of meals. The only major scare in general was the ATC strike (which got called off). Otherwise I found the Lisbon airport to be a bit disorganized so I'd give yourself at least two hours when leaving from Lisbon (at least on the transcontinental portion as there were no mazes to navigate when going from Lisbon to Madrid). Also a tip is to print your boarding pass in advance as the check-in line for TAP in Lisbon was incredibly long. As I had checked in online and printed online I was able to go to the baggage drop off station which had maybe one or two people in line ahead of us. In sum I would fly TAP again.

(Italy)

FCO-LIS-GIG-LIS-FCO. The Fiumicino-Lisbon legs were on A319; Lisbon-Rio and return on an A340. I carefully booked in advance seats on all legs so I could choose seats with a lot of space (27J on the routes from Europe to Brazil and back). 27J has a lot of extra room for legs since it is near the emergency exit and is the first to be served. It is also close to toilets. The A340 is old with practically no IFE and food is very basic. However I found seats to be reasonably comfortable and could sleep in both flights. In the leg from Lisbon to Rio the flight was practically full; in the way back less than 50% of seats was occupied. European legs were also fine: food served is also very basic (including an uneatable sandwich) but at least there was some IFE with flight information. Overall all flights were not that exciting but always on time and transfer within Lisbon airport is pretty fast. Given the price paid (all other airlines were charging much more for the same route) I am satisfied.

TAP Portugal customer review

Flight: In last month. LGW-FNC return. Seats good and flights on time. Catering offered very poor and drinks service even worse. No hot food at all. No in flight entertainment.

TAP Portugal customer review

We sat on the tarmac at Newark for an hour and a half. Same thing on the way home to the USA. But I don't blame the airline for that. The service was good food was good and processing through to the plane was as efficient as could be expected. I don't have any real complaints. I guess it's that I don't expect to be catered to on airplanes anymore unless I'm in business or first class. My overall experience was positive. It seems like its a good airline and it's well run.

TAP Portugal customer review

LGW - FNC and return. We usually fly easyjet but they've reduced the number of flights. What a pleasant surprise we got. Flights were fantastic crews were excellent and food and drink are included in the price. The flights were also cheaper than easyjet. The only slight drawback is the early flight time from LGW. Guess which airline we'll be using in future.

TAP Portugal customer review

Newark to Lisbon delayed 3.5 hrs while the plane sat at terminal. Flight crew casually strolls to the gate 5 minutes before boarding was supposed to start thus delaying that further. Very old plane and staff help on the ground at Lisbon even worse. Terrible experience.

(Czech Republic)

My flight was originally booked with Lufthansa but due to the dispatcher strike I was put on the direct TAP's Lisbon - Prague flight. I could read many complains about TAP here but my experience with the airline is quite the opposite. Despite the pressure the ground staff was friendly that I can't say about many passengers. Yes the flight was delayed but I appreciated not having to spend the night at the airport. Meal vouchers distributed despite the fact the delays were not the airline fault. Snack and beverages served onboard. Clear sky almost for the whole journey so I enjoyed it.

TAP Portugal customer review

ZRH-LIS Business A321. Airplane with newly painted fuselage but inside still the old style seats with the old tap logo. Legroom seems to be little compared to Swiss. No hot meals but only a cheese and ham platter on china. Good wines. Flights 30min delayed. Priority baggage was last on the belt. But really annoying was another off-duty-crew travelling in last rows in Business sitting 3-3. There was a lot of loud chatter. Crew members off-duty passed by all the time visiting their colleagues in the galley. No calm atmosphere in the cabin. Hence overall not recommendable.

(Luxembourg)

Return flights from Luxembourg to Lisbon and found the airline to be overpriced. Level of service is like Ryanair but double the price. Our return flight home was changed to leave 3 hours earlier. We were informed about this change in an e-mail with the title "Confirmation" so we reasonably assumed it was just re- confirming the flight we had originally booked. Little did we know that this e-mail was exactly the same as our original "Confirmation" in all but one detail yes you've guessed it - the departure time of the return flight. I don't think it is too much to ask to receive an e-mail that says "changed flight" somewhere preferably in the subject line when the schedule is changed. Needless to say we missed our flight and incurred large costs in the effort to get home. The flight we managed to get (which only brought us as far as Brussels) took off 40 minutes late apparently not an uncommon occurrence at TAP.