Swoop

"one of the best flights"

Trip Verified | Flight from Edmonton to Mazatlan was bang on, no problems whatsoever. Was worried due to the reviews but it was one of the best flights I have been on. An hour delay coming home, not a big deal, I have dealt with way worse on other airlines. The flight attendants were very friendly. Don’t listen to the whiners, they want a champagne flight on a beer budget. If you can’t afford $50 to upgrade your seat do us all a favour and stay home. Swoop is half the cost of other airlines. If you want the princess treatment book another airline, and if you can’t afford that don’t go on vacation.
RouteEdmonton to Mazatlan
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"waited two hours and never got my bag"

Trip Verified | Swoop made my first ever solo flight woeful. It has been 5 days since I landed back home in Edmonton, AB from Abbotsford, BC and Swoop still hasn’t got back to me. I went to British Columbia for a snowboarding trip and was iffy about my baggage getting lost and I wasn’t wrong. My snowboard reached BC no problem but it did not return with me and swoop airlines does not have the decency to even get back to me. I paid to check in my bags and paid for insurance. When I landed in Edmonton I waited two hours and never got my bag. I filled a missing bag report the night I landed, I waited on the phone for an hour which was never picked up with swoop the next morning, and I finally sent them an email the same day as the phone call which was four days ago and still not a sound from them. What’s a company without customer care? What’s a company that doesn’t get back to you?
RouteAbbotsford to Edmonton

"it was great"

Trip Verified | I flew from London to Abbotsford with Swoop and back and it was great! My wife and I flew with our infant son on our lap and each flight they gave us our own row despite not choosing our seats. They also allowed us to have a personal (diaper) bag even though we didn't pay for a seat for our son.
RouteLondon to Abbotsford
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"don’t have approved ETA"

Trip Verified | Orlando to Edmonton. They deny passengers to board anytime with the excuse that you don’t have approved ETA, even though we had showed on paper. We drove 5 hours to take the flight & at the gate, they told us you can not board the flight & won’t get any refund. Called & emailed several times but never got our money. Reported to the Department of Air transportation but no use.
RouteOrlando to Edmonton
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Extremely poor customer service"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Orlando. Have been attempting to speak to Swoop regarding an upcoming flight. Their chat app takes hours for anyone to respond. They advised in the last message to me to call them. I spent 36 minutes on hold (no toll free number provided) at which time I was disconnected by their system. Extremely poor customer service.
RouteEdmonton to Orlando
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Overall a great experience"

Trip Verified | Hamilton to Tampa. We had seen mixed reviews of Swoop so were a little nervous flying with our family of 7. We had no delays and flights were smooth without issue. We saved about $1000 vs flying with other airlines. Leg room seemed a little bit less than other Canadian airlines. The only issue we had is staff at departure in Hamilton were a little rude, but it seemed like maybe the employee had been having a bad day. My husband overheard her talking about a guest blasting her for something. Overall a great experience and we’d definitely fly Swoop again.
RouteHamilton to Tampa
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"cannot let us board since gates are closed"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to London. I had flight with 2 month old baby, flight got delayed at first and they switched it to WestJet, we were notified 4 hours before. No Gate number on boarding pass, wrong flight on boarding pass shown. When they switched they missed to transfer my Baby's ticket. When we got hold up by security, they didn't announce name. Finally after all this, we still made it to gate, they said they cannot let us board since gates are closed. Just turned their back, did not help to find alternative flight or could have let us in. They don't care about you, once they got money, done. I would suggest to pay more and get better one. Our baggage was sent and we didn't have anything since we are moving to ON with whole place.
RouteEdmonton to London
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"staff at Swoop check-in rude to us"

Trip Verified | Hamilton to Cancun. We got up early and got to airport on time. When we got there, the staff working at the Swoop check-in were rude to us. They tried to make us feel it was our mistake that we did not know the flight was delayed for 8 hours and 40 minutes. They said we got an email and we checked but we had not got an email. They did not offer any vouchers or anything for a delay of almost 9 hours! This airport is also dirty, coming is trying to find parking is difficult, better signage is required. This is an awful airport.
RouteHamilton to Cancun
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"missed my flight from Edmonton"

Trip Verified | If you are flying Swoop ensure you are at least two hours early or else you will miss your flight. I showed up 105 mins early and missed my flight from Edmonton which I understand is my fault for not showing up before the recommended 120 mins. That was only the start to my troubles with swoop. I booked another flight with Westjet down to phoenix and still had my return flight with swoop home. Swoop sent me an email on the Friday (day after missed flight) stating if I did not reply to it within 24 hours they would cancel my prepaid return flight. I had lost my phone and had no way to reply to this message. I did my due diligence to check my emails Monday, two days before my flight, but it was already cancelled. So panicking I checked swoops flights and there was an opening on the same flight heading home. I called them asap and was charged $15 and put on hold for well over an hour. When I got ahold of the airline I explained my situation and asked if they could undo the cancellation. They said they could not undo the cancellation and requested I re-purchase the same flight home. I phoned again when I returned to Edmonton and asked if they could refund my prepaid luggage or the cancelled return flight however they held the fine print of there service agreement against me and would not even hand out a coupon to save on another swoop flight.
RouteEdmonton to Mesa

"a two-day nightmare"

Trip Verified | Abbotsford to Edmonton. A simple 1-hour flight turned into a two-day nightmare with this airline. Delay after delay after delay. When they finally landed us onto the airplane the next day we sat on the tarmac for hours. The pilot comes on the intercom and says "the person who fuels the plane apparently did not show up for work - we have sent someone to try and get him out of bed" when I applied for a refund they wrote me back saying they aren't liable for routine maintenance and I won't be getting a refund. They cost me 10x the ticket price I paid due to missing work and being out of pocket for door and expenses. I had to sleep in the airport and they couldn't care less about the people inconvenienced.
RouteAbbotsford to Edmonton