Swoop

"customer service is terrible"

Trip Verified | Hamilton to Mexico. I thought Swoop was a great airline at the time but on reflection, I had to change my flight. I called the number on the first day I tried and spent 2.5 hours on the phone and nobody answered. The second day after 2 hours someone picked it up, Flight changed $200.00 cell phone bill. Upon arriving at home flight delayed 1 hour I proceeded to get my luggage but it was lost, never left Mexico, after paying $105.00 in overweight fees. The Swoop rep was very nice at the airport and all forms were filled in. My luggage arrived two days later. Meanwhile, I called Swoop and for the trouble, they gave me a $50. coupon, not telling me it expired in 90 days. Went to book my flight when the new flights came out south and the coupon was no good. How can a coupon expire in such a short time? You would think that they would bend over backwards for a new airline trying to get business but by there reviews, they will not be around for long. I liked flying with them but the customer service is terrible.
RouteHamilton to Mexico
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"cancellation 4 hours prior to departure"

Trip Verified | Abbotsford to Edmonton. I am very disappointed to only receive a cancellation notice email 4 hours prior to departure. No phone call, no text message notice. I was lucky to check my email by chance and found out this change. Otherwise it will be a big surprise to know the cancellation after driving one hour to the airport. You can imagine the people get crazy there now... who have booked their hotels, rental cars, meeting and events. I checked weather of both cities of departure & arrival. Rainy day in Abbotsford 9c, cloudy in Edmonton. I don’t understand why the flight got cancelled. Cheap flight has reason be to cheap. I won’t use this airline for business trip anymore.
RouteAbbotsford to Edmonton
Date FlownOctober 2019

"I'm not impressed at all"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Winnipeg. We had a death in the family a few days before the flight later this week. They weren't willing to do anything for me. We wanted to change the flight, but for a $500+ fee, more than we paid for the tickets. They wouldn't cancel, or let us give the tickets to someone who would use them. I'm not impressed at all.
RouteEdmonton to Winnipeg
Date FlownOctober 2019

"landed at a different City"

Trip Verified | Las Vegas to Hamilton, diverted to Toronto. This is the worst airline. On 20 October they landed at a different City because they said they couldn’t land at Hamilton due to fog. They have offered to give passengers $100 back if they have a receipt. You can’t even get back to the airport where we were supposed to land for $100. An absolute joke. To top it off, the flight status on their website indicates they dropped us off on time at the correct airport.
RouteLas Vegas to Hamilton
Date FlownOctober 2019

"difficult to cancel flights"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to London. Terrible airline. Very difficult to cancel flights. Impossible to reschedule with them. Their policy for rescheduling a flight is ridiculous. They pretty much stole $700 from us.
RouteEdmonton to London
Date FlownJuly 2019

"charged me $50 for it"

Trip Verified | The flight was delayed for hours for no reason without any notice. I flew with one backpack from Abbotsford to Edmonton and there was no problem with it and I didn’t have to pay for it. But when i was going back to Abbotsford with same backpack after two days, they didn’t allow me to take my backpack and charged me $50 for it. Staff was very rude. Swoop need to fix their policies.
RouteEdmonton to Abbotsford
Date FlownOctober 2019

"the price can’t be beat

Trip Verified | Hamilton to Halifax. Amazing experience. I was very worried after reading the reviews but it was amazing the flight was on time both ways. The Hamilton airport was worse for loading onto the plane because you have to walk out to the plane so it took longer but the flight back from Halifax the loading was quick. The airplane was clean and the crew was nice. Would fly again totally amazing and the price can’t be beat. Would fly again
RouteHamilton to Halifax
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Return flight was cancelled"

Trip Verified | Winnipeg to Vancouver. Return flight was cancelled, re-booked us 11 days later. Had to pay $3200 to get home on an alternate carrier. Offered my family $1039 or compensation. Brutal airline! The cost savings aren’t worth the risk of cancelled flights. Stay away!
RouteWinnipeg to Vancouver
Date FlownAugust 2019

"80 dollars for the same bag"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to London. Don't say a word about baggage size or fees at one airport whereas charge a ridiculous 80 dollars at a different airport for the exact same bag. Bag fits underneath the assigned space beneath the adjacent seat and can definitely fit in the overhead storage but they see that it's okay to charge 80 bucks just because that bag doesnt exactly fit into the cage even though it does.
RouteEdmonton to London

"price is super cheap"

Trip Verified | Hamilton to Edmonton. First time flying with Swoop and I can say that for the price this was an excellent experience! Most people don't check the finer details and complain about everything costing extra and expecting a luxury experience. As long as you know what you are getting then it's fine. Leg room and seats were perfectly fine. Food was lacking but when you are paying literally less than half the price of other airlines you cant complain! I would definitely recommend this airline and I would fly again with them when the price is super cheap! People these days will complain about everything and expect luxury for nothing! Make sure you read all the information before you fly and you will have a pleasant journey as I did!
RouteHamilton to Edmonton