Swoop

"poor communication and customer service2

Not Verified | Avoid at all costs! Our friends were stranded for two days because their flight back home to Winnipeg from Ottawa was cancelled due to a "staff resources" issue. No hotels, meals, vouchers, or anything were offered and the next available flight was two days later! They went against their own policy saying they didn't have to pay anything out of offer accommodations because the flight cancellation was not their own fault. They later *changed* the reasoning for the cancellation (very suspicious) saying that the flight was stopped due to customs. Our friends visited the airport in person and the Swoop personnel literally said they couldn't do anything to help them and that "They weren't actually Swoop" and "Didn't actually work for Swoop". They told our friends to speak to Westjet instead! It was not possible to get through to them by phone or online. Extremely poor communication and customer service. If you visit their Instagram page, all the comments on their posts and customers demanding explanations.
RouteOttawa to Winnipeg
Date FlownJune 2022

"no customer service at all"

Not Verified | Halifax to Hamilton. Canceled my flight with less than 8 hours notice except for the email - no customer service at all. No number no one to call no help at all. Very poor. Worst website I have every used no help at all.
RouteHalifax to Hamilton
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"worst experience I have ever had flying"

Trip Verified | The worst experience I have ever had flying. And I have been travelling most of my adult life. This time was different though, I had my one year old daughter with me. What started out as Swoop airlines telling me I was at the wrong gate - turned into over $1400+ in expenses and damages in just a few hours. As I approached gate B5 at Toronto Pearson airport which was stated on my ticket where my flight would be - the service staff informed me that I was infact flying out of B25 instead. So, from there I pretty much ran pushing my daughter in the stroller approximately 15 mins across the airport. Once I reached B25 I was informed there that the flight I was trying to catch had already left. From there, I back tracked. Racing both my daughter and I back to B5. And what happens when I reach B5? I am denied boarding. They told me they called my name so many times that I can no longer board, I've missed my chance, as I watch the plane preparing to leave the gate. Keep in mind, my reason for flying is because I am relocating from Ontario to Saskatchewan. I have no family left and not many friends in Ontario. I am flying to Edmonton to meet my family. With my one year old daughter. I begin panicking, as someone who does infact suffer from major anxiety, I'm being told I can't catch my flight. At this point I'm told to sit down and they will help me. I'm crying uncontrollably when the supervisor approaches me. Telling me infront of the rest of the people waiting for other flights to "get it together" and "what example I am setting for my daughter" So now I'm being shamed by someone who has no compassion that a young mother who has been denied access to fly to my new home is over reacting? I'm sorry but if you were told to get it together and go home with nowhere to go how would you react? At this point some stranger came over to me and tried to calm me down. I couldn't stop crying and began having a panic attack. This went on for over an hour before they told me to go home and that they can do nothing for me. Not only blaming me for missing a flight I was prepared and waiting for but shaming me, calling me names and being far from decent. There was no compassion for someone who was told to go else where and then sent back to where I was originally was just for them to tell me that it was my fault? Telling me to go home but where do I go? No car, no house, no family. Just me and my daughter at this point it was midnight and I was left alone at the gate. The only person who showed me any decency was the security guards who helped me find my way out of the airport and over to the connecting hotel. The Sheraton. How is it fair that I had to check in to a hotel at 1am with my baby and be charged $545 for a single room from the hours of 130am until check out which was 11am that same morning? And not only that but I had to rebook with a different airline spending another $700 for an immediate ticket the next day.
RouteToronto to Edmonton
Date FlownJune 2022

"the worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Lost Baggage. It has been now almost 24 hours I’m still looking for my bag and no communication from Swoop or any agents to where the bag is. Swoop agent in SFB has no clue to where it is and even they cannot communicate with their own people in YYZ. I cannot believe that in 2022 such a pathetic service can exist. Tried calling but as usual line is busy. Way to go I nominate swoop for the worst customer service of the century.
RouteToronto to Orlando
Date FlownJune 2022

"making me never want to fly with them again"

Trip Verified | I am currently on hold with Swoop (3 hours and counting) after booking a vacation for a wedding and a funeral. I received an email less than 48 hours before my flight saying that our flight has been cancelled. all the options are a nightmare (2 stops with a full 16 hour day of travels). We have two children and are having a hard time finding flights where we can sit with our underage children. I'm beyond stressed out that I may not be able to attend my nieces wedding, and if I want to it will cost me over 5000$ now. I have flown with Swoop in the past but this is making me never want to fly with them again. Our tickets were not cheap either, over 1500$ so I did not book a "cheap" flight, (staying in Canada). A vacation nightmare. A family feud. I'm so unimpressed.
RouteOntario to Edmonton
Date FlownNovember 2021

"I will never fly with them again!"

Not Verified | They cancelled during the night our flight and they didn't have a flight until the next day. They didn't give us any compensation for the hotel and food spent because on the airplane ticket it apparently says they can cancel any flight within 12 hours! What a shame! I've never seen that before! I will never fly with them again!
Date FlownJune 2022

"Customer service does not exist with this airline"

Trip Verified | King of delays, both flights were delayed. Customer service does not exist with this airline. Rude agents will not answer any questions or entertain any questions. One answer that is call customer service. Lost my bag and there is nobody who can help with that. Paid extra for service called MODIFLY but only customer service can do changes so if there is no customer service than you cannot do any changes and lose all the money. Service is total garbage.
RouteSanford to Toronto
Date FlownJune 2022

"Never will fly with them again"

Not Verified | We booked 5 tickets for a funeral service, noticed we spelt the first name of one passenger wrong, phoned in, they said it would be $80 each way total of $160 to fix it. That’s more than the ticket was asked to speak to supervisor agent said they will say same thing. Supervisor came on or so he said he was said that’s your problem not mine, you made the mistake. I asked why so much to make a spelling change, he said you don’t understand it’s takes a lot to change. I said help me to understand why it’s so hard to change the spelling, he said I don’t have to explain it to you. What a way for a so called supervisor to talk to a passenger, guess that’s how they train their people to talk to passengers. Never will fly with them again.
RouteEdmonton to Abbotsford
Date FlownJune 2022

"There's no customer service at all"

Trip Verified | If I could do a negative star review I would. I will never recommend this airline or fly it again. They canceled our flight and gave us options to revise our itinerary at no charge but the options were terrible. We accepted a red eye flight and then a few days later asked to cancel it for either a refund or credit. I've spent hours waiting to speak to someone on the phone. Their messenger app where you can "chat" with an agent uses a third party non Swoop customer care centre to manage these calls. There's no customer service at all, there's no options at all. Money down the toilet. Never again.
RouteHamilton to Abbotsford
Date FlownJune 2022

"too slow for reroute options"

Trip Verified | Flight was cancelled due to mechanical issues, emails were too slow for reroute options, ended up having to stay overnight in a hotel. Alternate flight was cancelled by parent company Westjet. The old saying does apply here, "you get what you pay for"
RouteOttawa to Abbotsford