Swoop

"not offering travel credits"

Not Verified | It is absolutely appalling that Swoop are not offering travel credits or re-booking options for their customers amidst the Coronavirus health crisis/pandemic. The government is telling us to cancel all travel so we basically do not have a choice but to cancel and Swoop Airlines is so selfish to use this time to promote cheaper prices.
RouteWinnipeg to Puerto Vallarta
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Swoop are not accommodating anyone"

Not Verified | Toronto to Puerto Vallarta. We are cancelling our vacation to Mexico mainly because we have a 2 week old grandson. Our hotel were more than accommodating, however, we booked with Swoop and they are not accommodating anyone. They are charging $15.00 to speak to a representative. This is disgraceful. "We are currently experiencing high call volumes To save you money, we suggest using Manage My Bookings for booking, cancellations or changes. If you would like to speak to a Swoop agent there is a fee of $15 plus applicable taxes for new reservations or to change your existing reservation."
RouteToronto to Puerto Vallarta
Date FlownApril 2019

"Swoop will not let us cancel"

Not Verified | Edmonton to Puerto Vallarta. Canadian government advising not to travel internationally. Swoop will not let us cancel, change or give us credit. Other air carriers are flexing their policies to accommodate during this Coronavirus crisis. Shame on you Swoop! Never use you again.
RouteEdmonton to Puerto Vallarta
Date FlownMarch 2020

"disappointed with this company"

Not Verified | Winnipeg to Hamilton. Due to the COVID-19 pandamic I tried to change my flight to a different date but was overly charged, more than the original amount I paid. I can't afford to change dates. If your company truly does have compassion, flight change would have been accepted due to the pandemic. I am very disappointed with this company for taking my hard earned money.
RouteWinnipeg to Hamilton

"Bad customer service"

Not Verified | Vancouver to Winnipeg. Bad customer service. They keep delaying our flight, they gave us less then 24 hrs notice this is not acceptable. Flights are cheap but never gonna fly with them again. I tried to call them many times but they never pick up the phone they put me on hold for 1 hr but I never hear any voice.
RouteVancouver to Winnipeg
Date FlownMarch 2020

"I want to thank the crew"

Trip Verified | This past year has certainly been a challenge for Swoop. Nevertheless, despite the complaints, my wife and I decided to abandon our loyalty to Westjet over the past 15 years and try Swoop. Having the pleasure to live only 15 minutes from the Hamilton airport, and a reduced price, were key factors in our decision. We booked our February vacation to Jamaica last September and have been watching the reviews on a daily basis. Although the company has had some trying times, it's fair to say that even new companies have hiccups along the way. We booked our flight for February 8th, flying out of Hamilton to Mo Bay. Our crew on flight WO672 went beyond what we as a customer expect. Not only did they do their best to make you comfortable, they were efficient, friendly, smiles all around and courteous. Best decision we made. On our return flight which was February 29th flight WO673, once again we had a very smooth flight home. We had a different crew on board this time - friendly, professional employees. I want to thank the crew of both flights, for providing such great customer service. Not only did we save on the airfare, we saved on the transportation to Pearson as well, and we had a fantastic flight. On our flight and transportation to the airport, we saved 40% of what it would have cost us to fly out of Pearson.
RouteSangster International to Hamilton
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"cannot cancel my booking"

Trip Verified | Hamilton to Las Vegas. I can’t describe just how disappointed I am with Swoop. Today is my fiancé’s birthday, so I surprised him with a trip to Vegas to watch the UFC my mistake you ask? Booking with Swoop airline. At 11:37 am I was notified that my 7:45pm flight had been delayed to 9:30pm due to “weather”. Okay fine, lots of notice, I won’t leave home too early. I get to Hamilton airport and find out my flight will be delayed an additional 10 minutes making it a 9:40 departure. No problem, we will still make it to our event, we were feeling sorry for the Domestic flight before us with swoop that was cancelled. 9:43pm rolls around and the screens say my flight has departed. What the fuck? Nope the staff say it has just arrived and they are preparing it for us. After all other flights from Hamilton & Toronto have departed these guys announce that our flight has been cancelled. Chaos broke in that tiny airport. None of the staff had any information to give. Helpful really at 10:30 at night. So we are exhausted and angry now. We were told everyone would receive a 100% refund if we chose not to fly on the next available flight. That flight is 24 hours away and means we not only miss out on tonight’s hotel that we have paid for (which I later found out was due to mechanical issues) but we would also miss the UFC. We booked another flight with another reputable airline that actually flies passengers and doesn’t just rob them and cancel flights. I got the email that I supposedly could “accept changes” or “cancel” and get a full refund. The icing on the cake, I cannot cancel my booking and get a refund at all. It’s simply not an option. Swoop is unprofessional, their staff don’t know how to handle stressful situations.
RouteHamilton to Las Vegas

"You won't save money"

Trip Verified | Ft Lauderdale to Hamilton. This carrier allows only one child item per reservation, not per child. So a family gets stuck paying for legally required items like car seats and essential items like a stroller. I have never once encountered this. What a terrible way to treat families. Have a question or problem? Good luck! Swoop's chat was a joke and they charge $15+tax to speak to someone on the phone. Their check in process was the nail in the coffin. Virtually no staff. After standing in one of two lines for some time, someone finally came and told about 50 people they were in the wrong line. After we all shuffled over, they only processed the one line and held everyone else. The line was backed up out the doors of the terminal. First and last time I make the mistake of flying this airline. You won't save money. You won't save time. You won't save headaches. Hoping they seriously reform their business model or go out of business.
RouteFt Lauderdale to Hamilton
Date FlownMarch 2020

"realize this is a discount carrier"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Abbotsford. This is, by far, the worst airline I’ve ever had the displeasure of flying . They are non time and every person I dealt with was unhelpful and borderline rude. I thought Flair was bad, but sadly I long for Flair after these recent experiences. Unfortunately, Swoop crushed Flair and they are ceasing flights to my destination. My advice to anyone even considering flying Swoop, spend a few extra dollars and fly a real airline. I realize that this is a discount carrier, but seriously?
RouteEdmonton to Abbotsford
Date FlownMarch 2020

"one of the best flights"

Trip Verified | Flight from Edmonton to Mazatlan was bang on, no problems whatsoever. Was worried due to the reviews but it was one of the best flights I have been on. An hour delay coming home, not a big deal, I have dealt with way worse on other airlines. The flight attendants were very friendly. Don’t listen to the whiners, they want a champagne flight on a beer budget. If you can’t afford $50 to upgrade your seat do us all a favour and stay home. Swoop is half the cost of other airlines. If you want the princess treatment book another airline, and if you can’t afford that don’t go on vacation.
RouteEdmonton to Mazatlan