Swoop

"moved my flight one whole day"

Trip Verified | They moved my flight one whole day, saying they are very sorry for the inconveniences, but not really providing a reason why they had to do this. I'm not a frequent traveler, but I've taken quite a few fights in the last 40 years and this is the very first time this happens to me. I submitted a claim to see if they could cover the additional lodging costs I had due to this change and was useless. And still they didn't explain why that happened. What's the point of using a cheap airline if they will cause you to spend more on other aspects of the trip. Now I've realized there are reviews posted here by people who have gone through the same. Lesson learned for the future to check reviews before flying with an airline for the first time.
RouteAbbotsford to Hamilton
Date FlownAugust 2021

"She was very kind and nice"

Trip Verified | The best airline customer service during pandemic. They changed my flight time but opened a 14-day window to reschedule the flight. I checked in a new date but then had to change it again, the lady on the phone not changed my flight date after I had checked in (less than 24 hours to the flight), and also kept the seat and baggage that I had purchased. She was very kind and nice. However it took 50 minutes to reach the customer service on the phone, but in the end everything went well.
RouteEdmonton to Toronto
Date FlownAugust 2021

"I am disgusted with the way I was treated"

Trip Verified | After an hour delay I was boarding the plane. We were being rushed by security as we were the last ones getting on the plane. A customer was speaking to the stewardess in the doorway. I was taking my time due to covid precautions. I smiled and greeted her, she waved and returned the greeting I said something about being rushed then I proceeded into the plane to put my bags up. Suddenly a new stewardess appears behind me yelling at me "If you don't hurry up and sit down and shut up I will ground this plane. I have that power". I said, I was just putting my bag up. She yelled at me not to talk back "there are 300 people on board who want to go home! You need to sit down and shut up now or it will be grounded". I dropped my bag in the aisle hoping she would let my husband put it away as he was still coming on behind me. I asked the woman in her seat to let me in to mine and quickly sat down. The woman proceeded to yell at me that "we took a vote whether to fly or wait until tomorrow and I am happy to wait until tomorrow so go ahead and say one more word". I told her I was sitting and not speaking, what more did she want from me. She went back into the cabin. Half an hour later my husband asked for a drink - this staff member refused to get him a drink because of the earlier incident - apparently I called someone a name. If she misunderstood and thought I said something inappropriate why didn't she question me about it at the time? Why would the other woman come from behind to do the yelling. I am flabbergast. I never called anyone a name and I don't deserve to be treated with such rudeness. I was so embarrassed being scolded and terrified that I wouldn't be able to go home to my children. We were thirsty as we can't bring water on with us and now for 4 hours couldn't get a drink. I had to go to the bathroom but had to hold it for three hours for fear of this woman turning the plane around. As we were leaving the plane they were all laughing about how this woman was finishing a 12 hour shift. When we left Ontario we were rushed onto the plane so they could "hurry up and get home", when we left Abbotsford we were delayed an hour then yelled at to hurry up. I am disgusted with the way I was treated. The staff were terrible, she ruined my flight.
RouteAbbotsford to Hamilton
Date FlownAugust 2021

"offer nothing for bereavement"

Trip Verified | An airline with no compassion but happy to exploit. I was out west to visit my son when I found out my father’s cancer had spread and they would be taking him off life support. I quickly moved my flight up from the afternoon to the morning. Swoop was just as quick to exploit this a charge me approximately $450 to sell me me an empty seat and charge a premium to sell my afternoon seat. I informed them of the situation and offered to answer any questions they had. Their response is we are a discount airline and offer nothing for bereavement. I can not rank this kind of behaviour low enough.
RouteEdmonton to Hamilton

"I lost my $500"

Trip Verified | I bought a ticket in 2019 to fly from Toronto to Montego Bay and return. I bought my ticket six month before departure date. A month before my departure date, I had a back injury that got me bed ridden for few weeks and my doctor advice against any major movement and definitely against traveling. I got a letter from him and tried to call the airline and got a recording that they charge CAN$15 for each call. I tried to reach them through Facebook and got no where. No one bothered to contact me. My departure date came and went and I lost my $500 without any chance to change dates or get a credit.
RouteToronto to Montego Bay
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"when booking a flight chose another airline"

Not Verified | First time booking a trip with Swoop, and likely the last time. They may have a schedule but I would suggest it be taken as a suggestion. Booked a flight for my wife and it was moved up a day and we had to make changes to her schedule to accomodate the change. I booked my flight to meet her a week later and arrived at the airport to catch my flight only to find out it was cancelled. An e-mail was sent at 10:40 the night before but when you have an early flight you generally don't look at e-mail when you go to bed especially after you have already checked in (at least I don't). The Swoop rep at the counter when I arrived was very nice but not helpful at all with providing options other than cancel the flight and get a refund, Swoop made no effort to accomodate the passengers on the flight other than we will give you a hotel and meal voucher, nice gesture but it doesn't solve my travel problem. I book in advance so I can take advantage of the best airfare and book my schedule according to the flight plans. To have to wait 2 days for another Swoop flight doesn't cut it. Then trying to re-book with another airline last minute and have to pay last minute exorbatent pricing to keep your original scheduled plans is BS! If I had booked with the other airline in the first place it wouldn't have costed me an additional $430. I understand situations occur causing delays and cancellations but the airline should step up and make arrangements to accomodate the booked passengers rather than letting them fend for themselves. I guess you get what you pay for but this will be the last time Swoop will get any business from me. Do yourself a favor and when booking a flight chose another airline that is reputable and reliable.
RouteEdmonton to Abbotsford
Date FlownJuly 2021

"saying that is late to cancel"

Trip Verified | This review is not for a flight. This is for their customer service. They do not care for customers at all. I book the flight and tried to cancel it within 15 minutes. I was not able to cancel it and I have tried to call them to cancel they were unavailable saying to contact them through Facebook. Than next day I called and waited 1.5 hours on the phone and they refused to cancel saying that is to late and that they have fine print saying that is late to cancel. I wanted to cancel within 15 minutes. Don't we have 24 hours time to cancel. We have always use swoop in the past. I will make sure to never use this company ever again and inform everybody I can about the way how they are running they business. Again this review is for Swoop customer service.
RouteAbbotsford to Edmonton
Date FlownJune 2021

"Swoop is not reliable!"

Not Verified | Swoop is not reliable! Any money you think you save will be lost going though the hoops. You really do get what you pay for with them. It was near impossible to reach someone at swoop to find out about our account in early 2020 when they were cancelled because of Covid. No refund, only credit. Booked flights in advance (2021) and had Swoop change the flights on me with short notice. Their flight change added over $900 to my trip just for the extra lodging and rental car alone, not counting meals. I had booked vacation time the original dates selected assuming that Swoop was an honourable company. Bottom line = Swoop is a hack airline.
RouteEdmonton to Victoria
Date FlownJuly 2021

"Will never fly Swoop again"

Trip Verified | Overpriced, unreasonably expensive carry-on baggage fees. I booked 2 flights for my elderly parents and we were forced to pay $158.20 at the airport just to carry-on their baggage (one each). Not even to check it! Will never fly Swoop again. Plus my parents complained about how overly cramped they were with poor seat/leg room, and they're both average heights.
Date FlownJune 2021

"worst airline ever"

Not Verified | The worst airline ever. Do not fly this unless absolutely necessary. Not only did swoop change our flight by two whole days only two weeks before our trip, but it has been nothing but issues since boarding this plane. Swoop nickel and dimes you for everything little thing so don’t be fooled by the “cheap” prices. They are disorganized, rude, do not communicate, are not a large airline so many issues with airports.
RouteAbbotsford to Toronto