Sunwing Airlines

"This service is terrible"

Not Verified | Not sure why I scheduled a 6.15am flight. Currently sitting on the runway and its 6.45 am. The pilot is blaming us the passengers that we didn't board on time when they had come on the cabin speaker at 6.25 saying boarding was complete. This service is terrible. I never really choose Sunwing, it's as if the only flights available when I am trying to leave are via Sunwing. I never look forward, or have looked forward to flying with them. No employee has any manners, and often speak to people as if they're from another planet, its bothersome how rude/embarrassing it is considering Toronto is a world class city. Too bad Sunwing is not up to these standards. You'd be better off on a raft anywhere you go.
AircraftWg807
Routetoronto to Vancouver
Date FlownApril 2019

"never fly Sunwing again"

Not Verified | Toronto to Varadero. Paid for an earlier return flight, my ticket confirmed our flight. While iat the resort I went to check our pickup time and found out that our 10::15 am flight was canceled and we were booked on a 21:15 flight. We didn't want to leave so late. I've asked for a refund and was told nothing doing. They reserve the right to change flights and those of us who paid for this service do not get a refund. Will never fly Sunwing again.
RouteToronto to Varadero
Date FlownMay 2019

"does not sell non stop flight"

Trip Verified | Montreal to Antigua. Sunwing be careful to what you are agreeing to and their flight definitions. This year we planned our vacation early. We found what we thought were non stop short flights to an amazing island. We were happy. Then came an email from Sunwing last week with changes. A stop in Toronto and three more hours of travelling time. We will be travelling in August so at this point they can change our schedule multiple time. We have been in contact with their Sunwing cares department and here are their explanations when we told them it was not a schedule change but an itinerary change due to the extra stop.  "Sunwing does not accept responsibility for lost wages, missed holiday time or any other additional expenses incurred as a result of changes in flight times." "Sunwing does not sell non stop flight at this moment.To further explain flight terms, a direct flight is a flight between point A and B, which may include a stop-over. A stop-over may be used to pick up new passengers or allow some to disembark, while the other stay on the plane. Direct flights are often mistaken with non-stop flights, which are flights involving no intermediate stops" "Sunwing is a chartered airline company, the flight times are subject to change and operational changes can occur, which may result in the need to reschedule, cancel, or consolidate flights. In your case, unfortunately, your flight time was changed. Please note that the possibility of this change is part of the terms and conditions that must be agreed upon prior prior to a booking being made" After several emails they gave us an the right to change our destination. However when trying to clarify what that really meant, here is what we received: "However, please note that in changing destinations, there is the possibility that your flight times could change again. please note that when changing destinations, there is an administration fee and you'd also have to pay current system rates per person." "Although you are not forced to find something of the same value, kindly note that if you were to choose something of a lesser value, we would be keeping the higher rate between both vacations". Learn from our mistake and be vigilant. Know exactly what you are agreeing to. This company seems to be misleading clients into thinking they offer non stop flights which they are not. Then they try to be generous with their customers by providing them a way to spend more money with them.
RouteMontreal to Antigua
Date FlownNovember 2018

"they can do nothing"

Not Verified | Toronto to Vancouver. This is the worst service I have ever had. I booked the flight time at 8pm almost 2 months ago but 7 days before I leave, Sunwing just sent me an email said they have changed my time from 8pm to 6am! That is totally unacceptable! I called them but they said this is the only time they have that day and they can do nothing to change my flight. They didn't even give me a reason why they change my flight time in such a early time! This is really disgusting and awful. I will never take this flight again.
RouteToronto to Vancouver

"delays delays delays"

Trip Verified | Montreal to Santa Clara. Awful service, delays delays delays. The Montreal airport staff for Sunwing is beyond incompetent. Communication is hard and confused staff. Lack of a smile and greetings. No screen or food on board. The cheapest of the cheaps.
RouteMontreal to Santa Clara

"Disgusting customer service"

Not Verified | Booked a simple weekend trip to Vancouver to see family, leaving Friday evening, returning Monday early morning to avoid missing any work. Sunwing Airlines proceeded to change our flight to extremely early Friday morning and very late Monday night. When called they advised me that we agreed to flight time changes and there was nothing they could do for us. Disgusting customer service, they gave us what they call a "premium" upgrade and were so gracious as to let us choose to sit together on our flights. Word to the wise pay a bit more and book with someone else. I will say it again, never make the mistake of booking with this 'travel' company.
RouteToronto to Vancouver

"mismanaged, incompetent"

Trip Verified | Punta Cana to Toronto. If you’re thinking of booking a flight with Sunwing Airlines don’t! They are the most mismanaged, incompetent airline. The flight was supposed to land in Toronto from Punta Cana at 4:15pm today. Rescheduled to 6:38pm. Then on the day of the flight rescheduled again to taking off at 7:30pm landing here in Toronto at 12:30 am Monday morning. Then rescheduled once more... now landing at 1:30am. To say I’m furious is an understatement. It’s like they’re flying a bus and just keep delaying to take on more passengers.
RoutePunta Cana to Toronto

"flight is cancelled"

Not Verified | Toronto to Mexico. Booked my trip 2 months ago with sunwing to Mexico June 1 2019. Departure time 6:15am. We got a call just 12 hours before departure telling us flight is cancelled and can reschedule for the Next day June 2. Fine. But now sitting here wondering what next. So many reviews on here about flight changes, cancellations and inconveniences. Not even sure if I will be relaxed on my vacation worrying about how I’m getting back home! Now that is if the new date and time does not change.
RouteToronto to Mexico
Date FlownMay 2019

"unacceptable to be treated this way"

Trip Verified | Our flight from Puerto Vallarta (PVR) to Vancouver (YVR) has been changed from Sunday 8:15 PM to 7:30 AM (12:45 hours in advance) and this has cause me and my husband to shorter my paid vacation by 1 day. We have been forced to wake up at 2 AM on Sunday morning in order to take the transportation to the airport. It is unacceptable to be treated in this way since nobody has even informed us that the flight has been changed and we've found out the news from other people in the pool. We were very close to miss our flight that day. Therefore , it is the airline responsibility to reimburse us for the time and money lost since our dream vacation has been ruined .
RoutePuerto Vallarta to Vancouver

"delayed for 6hrs"

Not Verified | Toronto to Punta Cana. It's one thing to have a flight delayed for 2hrs but to have it delayed for 6hrs and not keeping passengers updated is another thing all together. This is our 3rd trip with Sunwing in the last 4 years and we have not had any complains in the past. The service provided this time was quiet unacceptable especially at the beginning of a vacation that we paid a lot of money for. Still waiting for a "Sunwing Cares" rep to contact me. It's been over 3 weeks. I have family and friends that refuse to fly with Sunwing and have chosen other airlines.
RouteToronto to Punta Cana