Spirit Airlines

Spirit Airlines customer review

Oakland to Las Vegas. Price came up at $80/roundtrip ticket inc. taxes. I booked this flight only to get an email 3 days later asking me to purchase bags. Never heard of this with any airline unless you are over the first free 2 bags. So at a charge of $30 to check in a bag per person each way this $80 ticket now became $140. Staff at the ticket desk were very rude. Flight attendants on the plane were equally rude. Very short with people as the plane was delayed and they made it clear they wanted to get home. Seats do not recline at all unless you are in the 4 seats in the front of plane. You can reserve a seat for more money. All in all I should have never switched airlines.

Spirit Airlines customer review

We booked a flight from Minneapolis to Orlando. We knew ahead of time about extra pricing and decided to upgrade to the larger front seats. The flight attendants on the morning trip of Feb 15th were fantastic. I honestly did not expect a good experience because of what I had heard about Spirit but I have no complaints. I will be flying them again in the near future. I think the key is to be educated and realize that this is a "pay for what you use airline ". We brought our own drinks and snacks on board and no one said a word!

Spirit Airlines customer review

BOS-FLL. Charge for everything. $50 for a bag if larger than a brief case charge to chose a seat. Charge for a glass of water. seats are so close together you can't get you legs in. I won't fly them again.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Left for Costa Rica January 8th 2014 return was due for January 20 2014 arrived on January 23rd. Never take an International Flight with a connection and leave 1 hour between flights the flight back from Costa Rica was delayed then customs held us up then the door slammed in our face as we arrived in time to watch it close. We were told we would be put on standby for the next flight well 5 flights later and nothing. For what we spent because they overbook I could have gone first class on a reputable airline.

Spirit Airlines customer review

2 hour flight took almost 7hrs one way and including delay 3hrs home. The cost of the flight was fine but if you wanted to bring a bag or have a drink the price shot through the roof. Would never fly Spirit again. Extremely cramped seating. Not one apology or offer of a beverage while we sat on plane for 4-5hrs longer than expected.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Flight 833 from FLL to Montego Bay Jamaica on 1/15. Flight supposed to be at 10.30 and we left at 4.00. I would recommend that everybody avoid Spirit wherever possible. I've flown them twice and after the first time I said I would never fly them again now I'm kicking myself for not doing that. When comparing their fares to other providers you may be tempted to save a few dollars but trust me it is not worth the headache. Keep in mind that they will be nickel and diming you for everything from baggage to drinks to printing a boarding pass. In my first experience with spirit the flight was delayed 3.5 hrs and we were given no reason. On my second the flight was delayed 5 hours due to "weather" from the departing city. When I asked what the departing city was they noted Myrtle Beach SC. Sure enough weather.com shows sunny and delightful all day in Myrtle. Overall I'd say Spirit is not worth the money. Save yourself the frustration.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Thinking it was too good to be true is an understatement. We searched through Spirits website to see about any "hidden" fees and found nothing so we booked a trip. We are an average American family with a disabled child which leaves us very little money but we saved and planned for almost a year to be hit with almost $200 in extra fees for baggage and drinks not to mention that we were delayed coming home and had to spend most of the night in the airport. This was one of the worst experiences we have ever had traveling.

Spirit Airlines customer review

traveled from Detroit to Fort Lauderdale. The total cost including fees for practically everything was more than if I would have taken Delta. No more with this airline nor do I recommend anyone to take this one.
Cabin Staff Service N/A

Spirit Airlines customer review

Spirit sucks you in with an extremely low fare and then hits you with baggage fees seat fees taxes upon taxes so that by the time you get your total you could have flown just about any other airline. They brag how they've added more seats so that means more passengers to keep fares low. What they don't tell you is that they moved the seats closer together to get more room for the extra seats. I'm neither a tall or a fat person but my knees were pressed into the seat in front of me and the tray table was digging into my stomach. Not that I really needed the tray table they don't even give you water without charging some outrageous price. The seats are extremely tight and it's like sitting on a piece of wood. It was very difficult to make my 5.5 hour flight. By the time everything was added in my original airfare almost doubled.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I paid more for a bag and a "seat" than the ticket itself. Why buying a ticket is somehow not enough to buy a seat on the plane is too deeply offensive to discuss. But believe it or not you have to pay more money to get a "seat". Welcome to Spirit.