Spirit Airlines

Spirit Airlines customer review

Terrible - 4.5 hour delay leaving Atlanta they offered food vouchers while we waited they ran out of them by the time I got to the counter. The Gate people were low end not professional. Flight home from Ft. Lauderdale was better but not good. Pay the small extra and avoid this airline.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Let me start by saying I fly a lot and have had my share of frustrating travel situations but never in my life have I seen anything as maddening as the Spirit Airlines "fast bag drop" at FLL. Hours in line just to drop off your bag. Another 30-45 mins in security before they finally call your destination along with 2-3 others to come to a designated line for flights that are about to depart. Still I saw many people running through the airport others who missed their flights and still others who were just very frustrated with the whole process. There is no amount of money that I could have saved to make this experience worth it (and I am frugal). Save yourself a lot of frustration and possibly a missed flight with heaps of other associated fees and fly another airline.

Spirit Airlines customer review

There was just too many things wrong with this airline. I wanted to bring my dog they told me that would cost $100 to and from San Juan ($200 total). Then they said that there were already 4 pets on the plane and I couldn't bring my pet. Changing our flight would cost $125. Thankfully we didn't change our flight because when we got on there was only one pet. Then of course the extra charge. I simply do not want anything to do with this airline.

Spirit Airlines customer review

DTW to RSW 12/24 #605. RSW to DTW 678. We will never fly Spirit again. Cramped seats going to Florida and so far 1.5 hr delay in clear weather. All other carriers can get me to my destination on time but I have to buy a new ticket. Spirit has no relationships since they are a local low class carrier.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Dallas Ft Worth to Atlanta Flight 403 13 July 13. Baggage (carry on and check in) are at sky high rates several seats on-board are always missing the button to recline your seat (brought it up to the stewardess and she could not do anything or even move me to seats above due to them being "special paid seats"). Had pictures and spoke to Customer Representatives at Spirit but they did not do anything either. Recommend to anyone to think about these issues before coming on-board or purchasing your ticket. If you would like a small cup of water you've got to pay several dollars for it. Not to mention that in every seat or overhead there's an advertisement for their credit card.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Atlanta GA (ATL) to Fort Lauderdale FL (FLL). Dec 26 2013 and return Dec 29 2013. The last seat on the plane shouldn't even exist. My husband and I flew to Miami struggling with smallest seat we have ever sat in. On top of that they charged for water snacks and everything else they could think of. They don't offer any free snacks! Also they charged $45.00 per bag! This was our first time flying with Spirit Airlines and it will definitely be are last time.
Seat Comfort N/A
Cabin Staff Service N/A
Value For Money N/A

Spirit Airlines customer review

Flight 345 MSP to PHX on 12/22/13 and Flight 342 PHX to MSP on 12/26/13. My 9 month old puppy and I had a great experience flying Spirit this past Christmas season! The airport staff check-in staff and security were extremely helpful and friendly in getting me through the process with my pet. Flight attendants were pleasant! The room under the seat was sufficient for my pets carrier. Although I did think the $100 each way price for my pet was a little steep I will look at Spirit first for my future flights.

Spirit Airlines customer review

We (family of 4) used Spirit round trip Phoenix to Minneapolis over the holiday and were very satisfied. We saved considerable amount even with the various charges. As with anything you do need to read and understand the fees. Even so it was far cheaper. The check in person in both cities was extremely polite as was the flight crew. Yes the leg room is tight but for what we saved I can deal with that. We fly a lot and I can't say any other airline has better service. Service goes a long way and if this airline maintains low fairs and good service they should succeed in my opinion.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Dec 23rd from FLL to LGA and back on Dec 28th from LGA to FLL. This was the worst airline I have ever flown with. The charge for carry on baggage is outrageous. The customer service was terrible and the flight out was delayed. I fly a lot and this will be the one and only time I fly Spirit.

Spirit Airlines customer review

We arrived 2 hours prior to board a flight to Myrtle Beach from Ft. Lauderdale on January 1. We experienced complete chaos in the check in and bag drop area. The Spirit Representative said they did not anticipate "such a busy day". We were finally "expedited" by the Spirit representative but still missed our flight due to the extreme delay in check-in and baggage drop. According to the very rude and unhelpful gate agent no one from Spirit Check-in notified her of the delay. 20+ people missed their flight to Myrtle Beach and Boston due to incompetent Spirit Airlines staff. The plane was still at the gate. The gate agent advised the gate could not be reopened. 20+ people missed the flight. There were only 3 available seats for January 2nd travel to Myrtle Beach.

Spirit Airlines Photos

Spirit Airlines is a low-cost airline. Apart from the seat on your flight, you have to pay extra for carry-on bag, checked luggage, printing boarding pass at the airport, early boarding, seat reservation, drink or snack on the plane, ticket change or cancellation.

AIRPORT / BAG CHARGES

To maximise the benefit of selecting Spirit Airlines as your low-cost airline, it is very important that you carefully check and follow all of their conditions - printing your boarding pass, paying in advance for any checked or carry-on baggage.

Pay checkin Boarding pass : see below
1st Checked Bag : $21 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $26 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $100 *at the gate
Ticket change : $110
One small personal item taken onboard is included in the "Bare fare" (Max size: 16"x14"x12")
2_6_spacer
The above charges are for guidance and subject to change. They should be checked directly with the airline for accuracy

WATCH THE BAGGAGE

Your free allowance is 1 x personal item on Spirit Airlines flights (Max size: 16"x14"x12"). All other carry-on and checked bags have to be paid for. It is IMPORTANT to do this online at the time you book, or you could end up being charged USD$100 per carry-on bag if you leave it until the boarding gate.

ONBOARD FLIGHTS

No IFEAudio / video
Buy Onboard Buy Onboard *see below
Pay Bar Buy Onboard *see below
2_6_spacer
SAMPLE BUY ONBOARD PRICES (USD)
Water $2 / Coffee $3 / Beer $7
Muffin $2.50 / Pringles $2.50
2_6_spacer
Payment onboard can only be made with major credit cards : no cash. The prices shown are for guidance only and are subject to change. You should check charges directly with the airline for accuracy.

AIRCRAFT

Spirit Airlines operate a fleet of Airbus narrowbody aircraft, including A319, A320 and A321 types. Seats are configured 3x3 for economy class, and 2x2 for Big Front seats. [Photo Spirit Airlines]