Spirit Airlines

Spirit Airlines customer review

Flew Spirit for first and last time. Sat on Tarmac at LGA for 1.5 hours therefore missed connection arriving in Detroit approximately 8.30pm. At Detroit gate agent told three angry passengers we should not have been on flight. Gate agent further informed us earliest flight for us was next day at 3pm arriving at destination 9pm - 24 hours after scheduled arrival. Was further told that they would not provide hotel food or ticket for another airline with more convenient flights. When questioned that other airlines do such routinely was told "We are not other airlines". Unless you enjoy cramped seats and lousy customer service and are on a very tight budget do not fly Spirit.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Do not fly this airline. My outgoing flight was delayed twice. Then on my returning flight no one would help me put my bag in the over head storage I have 3rd degree burns on my body and cannot lift heavy items. Once we landed I forgot something on the plane and it took an hour for them to get it to me. Very poor customer service.

Spirit Airlines customer review

DFW to Boston on Sunday June 29. Flight 254. Will never fly this airline again! As mentioned previously they charge you for everything. You are not getting a good deal with this airline the prices are very deceiving! I was shocked when the airline was going to charge me $25 at check in because my luggage was 45 lbs. I told them that I am under the max capacity. Well at Spirit 40lbs is their max for weight. What can a person pack for under 40lbs? In addition the plane was dirty. The leather on the seats was fading which gave the aircraft a dirty feel. I'm so used to flying Southwest and will continue with Southwest.

Spirit Airlines customer review

June 17th and back on the 25t. I bought my bundle ticket through Expedia and regretted flying on Spirit when I found out I was going to be charged 150.00 going and another 150.00 coming back for carry on luggage. Service was horrible. They charged for even a cup of coffee. Seats did not go back and no videos while we flew. I wish I could give less than a one.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Horrible experience sending my son and two granddaughters back to Latrobe this afternoon. Had pre booked this trip to Orlando a month ago as we now know through Spirit Airlines. A real no frills flight program! Couldn't use money to buy condiments coming down on the way back could. But that wasn't the horrible thing about this trip - scheduled to go out of Orlando at 3.26 so we get there at 2.15 standing in line and by the time my son gets to the counter he's told he's 3 minutes late and his baggage cannot be put on the plane! Next they have to figure out if they can get him onto the plane on a ticket he already has so he and the two babies rush to the boarding dock while my wife and I wait to make sure we don't have to take him back home with us. Get the call and he and the girls are on the plane. A total lack of co-operation and understanding on part of the Spirit Airlines people complete lack of empathy.

Spirit Airlines customer review

My family and I flew Spirit from Baltimore to Las Vegas. I had no idea the seats did not recline and this was so very uncomfortable for a long flight. I feel the extra charges for one carry on bag for each person and to have to pay $3 per person for water is a bit much. As I was getting off the plane one of the crew members who did not say excuse me or thank you for flying with us grabbed his luggage and just cut right in front of me. I would possibly recommend Spirit for a 90 min or less flight but definitely not for a longer flight.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I do not travel often but the experience I had with Spirit leaves little to be desired. The plane that was to be mine was delayed several hours coming from Denver. When we finally boarded we sat on the tarmac for 1 hour with no AC. The pilot came on and said that we had to return to the gate because we would not make curfew flying into LaGuardia. This was a Wednesday and we were told that the next available flight would be on Saturday. I needed to be in NYC by Thursday! Unacceptable. No hotel vouchers to be had. The money I spent for the shuttle to the airport was non-refundable. There were only 2 agents at the counter to deal with all these people who had nowhere to go. Needless to say they were not very accommodating they were not able to deal well with the situation. What a disappointing experience flying with Spirit!

Spirit Airlines customer review

Spirit Airline does not properly inform passengers of flight status changes or cancellations and costs more than equivalent flights on either United or American Airlines. When approached representatives appear flustered and uninformed about flight status refunds etc. Do yourself a favor book your flight on another carrier and save the headache increased cost and loss of funds. In early May my wife and I decided to take our eldest son and book a flight to visit family in Houston Texas. At first glance it appeared $50 cheaper per ticket to book our flight with Spirit Airlines. I had heard by word of mouth there were extra charges for checked in baggage. Where other airlines were charging $50/bag or so Spirit charged $100. Since we only had carry-on baggage we figured we'd save the $150 on our tickets. On June 18 2014 we checked online with Spirit Airlines and learned our 7pm flight was delayed several times and the Spirit Representatives could only tell us about the delays 30 to 60 minutes after the scheduled departure time. This was totally useless. At 4am we were getting ready to board our plane to Houston when we got the announcement that our flight was cancelled. No information or help was given. We were told to go to the main counter outside of security to see if they could help us. The line was 3 hours long but fortunately my ticket agent Cheaptickets.com helped on the phone. I was one of the fortunate individuals. I realized I was short-sided in my thought to save $150. Spirit Airlines is not a good alternative. Do not believe their marketing hype about getting the same flight for less.

Spirit Airlines customer review

March 12 2014 flight 310 from Los Angeles to Fort Lauderdale. Awful. My red eye was delayed 2 hours and I ended up losing my rental car reservation so I had to pay double. The cabin smelt like exhaust fumes the whole time before take off the plane must have been really old. When we landed for some reason the plane took off again. The pilot did not have the courtesy to give us an explanation. We thought there was some mechanical problem and couldn't land. The worst flight I've been on.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Absolutely the worst flying experience! I departed Atlanta with two bags my purse and a small carry on that fit within the required personal bag space. The representative said my bag was ok when departing DFW I was denied boarding unless I paid $100 dollars for my luggage. I explained to the gate personnel that I wasn't charged before and was told I could fly with the bag. I will not recommend anyone to fly this airline.