Spirit Airlines

"The discomfort is not worth it"

Not Verified | Although it may appear cheaper once you add luggage it's only marginally less than other airlines. The discomfort is not worth it. The agents at Fort Lauderdale Airport are extremely rude and one accused me of lying.
RouteNewark to Punta Cana via Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownMay 2021

"plane was delayed 5 times"

Trip Verified | San Jose to Chicago via Ft Lauderdale. Don't even know where to begin, very frustrated. We got at the airport 3 hrs before and so far our plane was delayed 5 times - 11 hrs waiting. Customer services 0 quality.
RouteSan Jose to Chicago via Ft Lauderdale

"Terrible Customer service"

Trip Verified | I was charged for my personal Item, it did fit on the measurement box, it passed on precheck. They only do this to charge us double when we about to board. Terrible Customer service.
RouteFt Lauderdale to Houston

"customer service is horrible

Not Verified | Both of our bags were damaged and not able to be used any longer. I tried to submit a damaged claim the day after we were home and their website would not work for me. I have chatted and called their customer service multiple times and not one person would or could help me. I finally sent everything in the mail and I chatted today to check on it and they told me I was past my four days to submit the claim. I again them explained everything and was told to call a number. I submitted two complaints and nothing still has been done. Their customer service is horrible and their handling of baggage as well. I will never fly Spirit again. you get what you pay for I guess.
RouteTampa to Detroit
Date FlownMarch 2021

"Very poor customer service"

Trip Verified | On April 30, 2021 I made a reservation on Spirit Airlines as my flight had just cancelled on another carrier so I needed one fast. I purchased on Spirit as the gate was next the carry on bag even though it as considered personal item just to me sure I would not get dinged at airport and chose my seat paying for both at the time of reservation. Immediately ( within 10 minutes) of booking, I tried to change it as I made it for the wrong day. I found I could not without pay a $79 cancellation or change fee. I called and after waiting for quite some time was told I was out of luck but could have a travel voucher for the remaining value of the ticket. Very poor customer service in that regard. My advice is buyer beware with Spirit Airlines, the poor ratings on the web are accurate for a reason.
RouteRaleigh Durham to Ft Lauderdale

"rude to passengers"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | Rude staff arguing in front of customers and then rude to passengers. I was unable to complete online check in with my foreign card and needed to pay for checked bags in order to check in. Waited in line and ended up late for check in by 5mins. Will never ever recommend this airline. Sort out your staff and their attitudes!
RouteIndianapolis to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownMay 2021

"Spirit is the worst airline ever!"

Not Verified | Spirit is the worst airline ever! I am a frequent traveler and try to travel on a budget, however, Spirit (once again) proves itself to be the airline that does not care about people’s time! They made us miss our delayed flight (NK703), while we were in the airport. They ask you to be at the airport at the original flight time and even if you are in the airport, they do not update any information board to let you know that the flight is boarding! There were 11 of us at the gate unable to board the airplane. They definitely missed my (and probably the other 10 people’s) business forever.
RouteNewark to Houston
Date FlownMay 2021

"they are very rude to deal with"

Not Verified | I would not recommend flying spirit to anybody. The service was terrible, and they are very rude to deal with. My family and a line of people missed their flight and they charged us a fee of 200 dollars. They must have over booked the flight because there were way too many people that missed that flight. I will keep this short but I will only forewarn you, never fly Spirit.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Cleveland
Date FlownApril 2021

"The staff were rude and unfriendly!"

Not Verified | I had the worst experience with Spirit Airlines, they are the worst airline if you are traveling with family! My 2 year old son was removed from the airplane for not wearing his mask while drinking a bottle! It was handled wrongly! The staff were rude and unfriendly! They ruined my families first Disney world trip due to a 2 year old wanting his bottle they treated us with the upmost disrespect! My wife and daughter stayed on the plane for the duration of the flight and the staff didn’t even offer a snack or drink.
RouteAtlantic City to Orlando
Date FlownApril 2021

"tried to charge me $60 for my purse"

Trip Verified | Staff are rude and useless and don't bother to help you. I had brought my free carry on and a small personal purse for my wallet, passport and pads and they tried to charge me $60 for my purse which is ridiculous. Worst airline ever, my experience was horrible, and I wont come here again.
RouteFt Lauderdale to Santiago

Spirit Airlines Photos

Spirit Airlines is a low-cost airline. Apart from the seat on your flight, you have to pay extra for carry-on bag, checked luggage, printing boarding pass at the airport, early boarding, seat reservation, drink or snack on the plane, ticket change or cancellation.

AIRPORT / BAG CHARGES

To maximise the benefit of selecting Spirit Airlines as your low-cost airline, it is very important that you carefully check and follow all of their conditions - printing your boarding pass, paying in advance for any checked or carry-on baggage.

Pay checkin Boarding pass : see below
1st Checked Bag : $21 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $26 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $100 *at the gate
Ticket change : $110
One small personal item taken onboard is included in the "Bare fare" (Max size: 16"x14"x12")
2_6_spacer
The above charges are for guidance and subject to change. They should be checked directly with the airline for accuracy

WATCH THE BAGGAGE

Your free allowance is 1 x personal item on Spirit Airlines flights (Max size: 16"x14"x12"). All other carry-on and checked bags have to be paid for. It is IMPORTANT to do this online at the time you book, or you could end up being charged USD$100 per carry-on bag if you leave it until the boarding gate.

ONBOARD FLIGHTS

No IFEAudio / video
Buy Onboard Buy Onboard *see below
Pay Bar Buy Onboard *see below
2_6_spacer
SAMPLE BUY ONBOARD PRICES (USD)
Water $2 / Coffee $3 / Beer $7
Muffin $2.50 / Pringles $2.50
2_6_spacer
Payment onboard can only be made with major credit cards : no cash. The prices shown are for guidance only and are subject to change. You should check charges directly with the airline for accuracy.

AIRCRAFT

Spirit Airlines operate a fleet of Airbus narrowbody aircraft, including A319, A320 and A321 types. Seats are configured 3x3 for economy class, and 2x2 for Big Front seats. [Photo Spirit Airlines]