Spirit Airlines

"Pay the extra and use a real airline"

Trip Verified | Will think twice about flying Spirit. Cheap fare and you get what you pay for. There were 30 people on a plane that holds 90+ yet we were all crowded in 3 across rows. We had to ask two stewardess if we could separate for room. They told us it is a balancing issue! No comp drink or snack. And rude help, in the gate and on the plane - Pay the extra and use a real airline.
RouteSt Louis to Orlando
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"the difference flight attendants make"

Not Verified | I wanted to give give 2 reviews and the difference flight attendants make on trips. I flew with my daughter and 6 year old grand daughter from Orlando to Dallas on Friday, Jan 21st. Our flight left at 4:25 PM. We had the most genuine and kindest group of flight attendants on the plane. They were so thoughtful as to checking on the little kids and babies on the plane. They also took a moment to bring my grand daughter a snack box because they over heard her complaining she was so hungry. The flight was smooth and actually arrived 20 minutes early. Now another story when I flew home myself on Monday Jan 24th at 7:20 PM. The flight attendants were very distant. They encountered a drunk passenger and had a very hard time resolving the issue to the point he refused to leave the plane and it ended up the entire plane have to deplane. Why did the police not come on the plane and escort him off. People were saying because your airline was afraid of people recording on their phones. Make no sense. So our plane was originally supposed to land at 10:53 pm we landed at 11:25 then we sat because there was not any people to bring us in to the gate. It ended up a terrible night. So good and bad reviews. I hope my first flight and the flight crew get a shout out.
RouteOrlando to Dallas
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"I will never fly Spirit again"

Trip Verified | Spirit charges for every tiny amenity like water or choosing your own seat. What a ridiculously classless business model. Wifi I paid $5 for was intermittent and slow, and wasn't available on the connecting flight. The flight time was changed half a dozen times before the date of our flight. The check-in experience is misleading, and makes you believe that if you do not pay extra for seats, you may be separated from your travel companion. Spirit allows planes to be completely full during a global pandemic which makes social distancing impossible. Flight attendants did their absolute best to get people to keep their masks on but with no recourse whatsoever, adults and children alike flew either wearing their masks improperly or, in the case of two children well above the age of 5 coughing and sneezing maskless the row behind us for the entirety of the flight. Furthermore, the plane looked like a music festival just happened when we left. Crushed chips and wrappers covering floors and seats. We flew American on the way to our destination and it was simply night and day. I will never fly Spirit again and I will tell everybody I know to avoid it. The crew was professional and gracious, but the company is a joke where the punchline is getting covid while being nickeled and dimed by their laughable business model.
RouteSt Thomas to New York LaGuardia via Fort Lauderdale

"Absolutely atrocious"

Not Verified | Raleigh to Punta Cana. Absolutely atrocious. Absolutely the worst, staff were extremely patronizing and were demanding that passengers put their mask over their mouth while they were chewing! The worst customer service I have ever experienced. They were a terrible team and that was their entire emphasis on the whole flight of over the ocean. They told me specifically they were targeting me because they saw me eating without the mask on. Give me a break, It was the worst experience and terribly stressful. They need to learn some people skills in understand this mask thing should not be the only priority in flight.
RouteRaleigh to Punta Cana
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"Haven't flown yet and its already a mistake"

Not Verified | Haven't flown yet and its already a mistake. First time using Spirit. Clearly wont make that mistake again. The only option I wanted was to purchase a seat assignment. Their own web info says seats starting at $5.00 depending on the flight. What I got was a $131.00 bundle that I never wanted. As soon as I noticed it, I tried the chat service. What a joke that is. So I called for a refund and the customer service rep said it must have been a mistake but she could not issue any refund. They fly planes call around the country and cant offer a simple $100.00 refund? If they need the $100.00 that bad, kinds tells you to stay off the plane. And the agent couldn't have cared less.
RouteManchester–Boston to Tampa
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"I wouldn't put my worst enemies on these planes"

Not Verified | I have never seen such a bizarre, haphazard, guess it as we go company. Everything al a carte sounds great until you realize it's just as cheap to fly Southwest. 90min in line to get bags checked because they have 3 people for several planes leaving at once. So once that was fixed we took off. To be diverted to Detroit. Said it was too snowy to land. OK, sounds reasonable. Except that was almost 4hr ago. Family I'm talking to says it's been clear all day. They're waiting for people wondering where we are. So they refueled, taxied out, went oops we have the wrong pilots, and went back to the terminal. No one is telling us if we are actually leaving or not. Who knows if we are going to be in Pittsburgh at this point. Then to have the nerve to still charge for water and snacks when forcing people to sit inside a tube for hours and hours. I wouldn't put my worst enemies on these planes. At worst they're a terrible company with no desire to serve customers, but to extract money from them. At best, they're the best ad agency for Southwest. I will always recommend flying with SW. Hilarious and amazing staff, affordable, and never had issues. Spirit is trash. Plain and simple.
RouteOrlando to Pittsburgh
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"how bad this experience has been"

Trip Verified | Our flight started in Indianapolis. We were told to arrive 3 hours early. So w arrived at 3am. TSA opened at 4:30am. Loaded the plane at 5:30am. Pull out of the gate on time. Then they find a problem with the plane start up. We sat on the plane for 4.5 hours. We were told we couldn't exit the plane because it wouldn't take long to fix. They never offered a beverage or snack while we waited. Not for free or purchase. We finally take off and land. They did offer items for purchase. Very poor customer service in my opinion. Now we arrive 3 hours early to fly home. Departure time was 11:55. Then 1:30pm, now 2:25 pm. On the flight here I did contact them on Facebook. Once they realized they were in the wrong. They stopped responding to me. I'm not sure how much we saved flying with them, but I will spend the money next time. I am 100% sure this is a one and done airline. My wife has used them once before, and had the same issues. I don't usually leave negative reviews. I like leaving positive things in reviews. But I have to let people know how bad this experience has been.
RouteIndianapolis to Orlando
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"There’s a reason people say this is the worst"

Trip Verified | If it was possible to give a zero, I most definitely would. Second or third night in a row this flight was cancelled. Horrible communication on the staff’s part. They had us waiting 7 hours yesterday and 5 hours today. A lady was very upset about missing her wedding and Spirit doesn’t care. The attendants are extremely rude and act irritated when we just want any update we can get. There’s a reason people say this is the worst. Never flying with them again. The extra $40 extra for another airline is nothing in comparison to the stress Spirit will give you. Use any other airline.
RouteSt. Thomas to Orlando
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"never deal with this cut rate airline again"

Not Verified | Booked a flight on Spirit and then realized that the flight times were pm, not am. I cancelled the purchase within minutes and requested a refund. I was ignored and not only charged for the flight, but also only credited for a portion of the cost (change fee). I never took this flight. I am also required to use the remaining funds within 90 days. I will never deal with this cut rate airline again.
RouteManchester to Ft Myers
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"I don't know how they are still in business"

Not Verified | As with many reviews that you will see online regarding Spirit Airlines, this is without question the worst airline I have ever flown on. I don't just think Spirit has the worst customer service in the airline industry, but truly they have the Worst Customer Service of any business I've ever experienced. I don't know how they are still in business. I would give them zero stars if that was an option. Horrible!
RouteBaltimore to Fort Myers