Spirit Airlines

"inconsiderate and mean spirited"

Trip Verified | Indianapolis to Las Vegas. Just pay the extra money for a better airline. I have never met more rude, inconsiderate, and mean spirited employees. My boyfriend, who had never flown before, was attempting to attach our tag to our bag when a Spirit employee ripped it out of his hand and yelled “NO”. So that should’ve been a sign. We were then talked down to by EVERY SINGLE EMPLOYEE we encountered. I work customer service, I know it can be draining, but I always treat people like I would want to be treated. None of these people should be working with the public. Not to mention the comically uncomfortable seats. The one in front of me was caked with chewed bubblegum. I’m 5’7” and my boyfriend is 6’3” and we had to sit sideways. The icing on the cake was one of our flight attendants basically yelling having a conversation with a coworker the entire flight. Takeoff was around midnight and we arrived at around 6:00 am, so middle of the night for the passengers. Delayed several times, moved gates several times.
RouteIndianapolis to Las Vegas

Spirit Airlines customer review

Trip Verified | Chicago to Los Angeles. This is the worst airline I have ever used. Delayed us for "weather" which I know to be rubbish since we drove from the city the plane came from. Then when our plane arrived they gave it to another flight that they moved to our gate and delayed us another 3 hours! Unfortunately I am still here but I will never use or recommend Sprit Airlines.
RouteChicago to Los Angeles
Date FlownJuly 2019

"terrible at customer service"

Not Verified | Minneapolis to New Orleans. Never Again!! This airline has no redundancy to replace flights due to weather, crew time outs, etc. Spirit is absolutely terrible at customer service and making a wrong right.
RouteMinneapolis to New Orleans
Date FlownJuly 2019

"my first and last time"

Not Verified | Orlando to Philadelphia. Arrived at the airport about 4 hours before my scheduled departure time. After paying an insane amount of money to checked in 3 pieces of luggage and a carry-on bag made our way to the gate and patiently waited across from the gate 34 area until about 1 hour before departure I realized there was a different flight number/destination posted at the gate screen. Went to the gate when was told the gate have been changed to gate 24, which is at a totally different terminal and without asking or looking around me and my family made our way to gate 24 as we were told (I take the blame for this, should have questioned the terminal change fact with the airline employee, but I didn't...this was one is on me). Arrived at the new gate about 20 minutes later just to be told the gate was 31 and not 24 as we were informed, but little did we know that to get back to the gate 31 area we needed to go through security again, which at that point was taking about 30 minutes. Long story short, we missed our flight, they offered to put us on the next flight 7 hours later (This flight was delayed by 1 hour and the departure gate was change twice). I am still don't know how I kept it together and didn't get myself arrested after this debacle. This was my first and last time I ever use this airline.
RouteOrlando to Philadelphia
Date FlownJuly 2019

"roll the dice with Spirit"

Not Verified | Washington to Atlanta. Warning: it's cheap, you won't see how miserable until you face Spirit Airlines cancel their flight. I have been flying with Spirit Airlines to work every week for about a year. I noticed recently about Spirit Airline cancelled their flights every day in different states. So, the customers get stranded, and you pay a higher price with Spirit. Let's say, you plan to go to your vacation. Spirit Airlines ticket sells for $189.00 and other airline ticket prices $320.00. Then, Spirit cancels their flight and inform you about mechanical issue or weather on the destination within 3 hours the day you fly. What's happening when you are looking to purchased airline ticket to fly-out today or next day, the ticket price marked up 70% or 80%. Spirit will not move or put you on the next day for free. Just like you play monopoly, roll the dice with Spirit Airlines.
RouteWashington to Atlanta

"never take accountability"

Not Verified | Myrtle Beach to Atlantic City. Spirit Airline has got to be one, if not, the worst airline. Cancel flights constantly. Let you sit at the airport then cancel your flights! Our daughter attends CCU and has had multiple flights canceled. We will never use this airline again. They are pathetic and never take accountability.
RouteMyrtle Beach to Atlantic City
Date FlownApril 2019

"the flights are always delayed"

Trip Verified | I take this route quite often and for some god knows what reason the flights are always delayed. There is always some issue with the flights and it is always blamed on the weather so that you can’t ask any further questions. Today (7/19), my flight to Baltimore via Detroit was cancelled, again stating weather. On my last trip, returning to Oakland from Baltimore via Detroit, on reaching Detroit, I was told my flight to Oakland had already left, leaving me stranded in Detroit for the night. They gave me a voucher for some discount on hotels but the customer service for that discount was awful. They put me on hold for 30 mins and then hung up on me. I was enraged. Even worse was for families on the same flight as me who were headed to Dallas via Detroit, were told the next flight available to them would be on Tuesday, it was Saturday night when this happened. That poor family with 3 kids were told they had to stay in Detroit for 3 days for no reason whatsoever. I’m tired of this airline and even though I have many points/miles gathered up in my account, I am willing to forsake them and never fly this Spirit Airlines again.
RouteOakland to Baltimore via Detroit
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Worst customer service ever"

Not Verified | Dallas to Las Vegas. Worst customer service ever, they delay your flight and the customer service at the terminal is horrible. Our flight was originally leaving at 10:50 pm. Then got delayed until 11:50pm. We arrived at the airport at 9:50 and was at the correct terminal on time. Went to the counter to confirm with customer service that the flight was leaving on time, only to be shewed off and told that we were in the right terminal. We did not receive the correct information from staff, and later found out the the flight was then moved back to the correct time and the terminal was changed. We did not receive notification until the time the plane was taking off, and to make matters worse my check bag was on the flight. Customer service was more concern about getting off work than helping customers.
RouteDallas to Las Vegas
Date FlownJuly 2019

"worst flight experience ever"

Trip Verified | Cancun to New York. My worst flight experience ever. Not only was my flight delayed from Cancun 3 hours, due to “weather”, the staff were not helpful at all. I witness them provide several different customers with different information regarding the status of the flight. My flight was originally scheduled to take off at 4:09pm, it didn’t leave until almost 6:30pm and arrived in FT Lauderdale at 9:00pm. I had a lay over that was scheduled to leave FT Lauderdale at 10:03pm on the same aircraft heading to New York. We had to go through customs, immigration, baggage claim, recheck baggage and TSA. Oh and not mention it took 30 minutes for our bags to reach baggage claim. Moving along, you would think the airline would notify all connecting flights that all passengers on this flight were delayed so that the flights could potentially be held. NOPE! Didn’t happen. The entire flight missed their connecting flights. And to add insult to injury, the staff that was assisting with rebooking was atrocious! No one showed concern for the inconvenience that was caused, a representative told a family of 8 that half of them could take a flight the next day and the other half will take take a flight the day after. To make matters worse, this disgusting airline didn’t even offer room accommodations for those passengers stuck over 12hrs. My wife and I had to rebook two separate flights, one at 7am and the other at 8pm. There were children so young as the age of months old forced to sleep in the airport for over 16hrs due to the next available flight not being until the day after.
RouteCancun to New York
Date FlownJuly 2019

"departure time was change 10 times"

Not Verified | How many times does flight time changes? My email inbox is full of update for time change, gate change. What in the world passengers have to suffer? And yet they are so quick in charging passengers if they don’t check in online, luggage etc. On flight 805 today, departure time was change 10 times! Who does this? Of course Spirit Airlines! Departure changes with no reason at all? Please don’t do this to your passengers, we paid the ticket full price but your service is half the price. All passengers today on this flight deserves some compensation from your company with all the inconvenience that you have caused us!!
RouteAtlanta to Las Vegas

Spirit Airlines Photos

Spirit Airlines is a low-cost airline. Apart from the seat on your flight, you have to pay extra for carry-on bag, checked luggage, printing boarding pass at the airport, early boarding, seat reservation, drink or snack on the plane, ticket change or cancellation.

AIRPORT / BAG CHARGES

To maximise the benefit of selecting Spirit Airlines as your low-cost airline, it is very important that you carefully check and follow all of their conditions - printing your boarding pass, paying in advance for any checked or carry-on baggage.

Pay checkin Boarding pass : see below
1st Checked Bag : $21 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $26 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $100 *at the gate
Ticket change : $110
One small personal item taken onboard is included in the "Bare fare" (Max size: 16"x14"x12")
2_6_spacer
The above charges are for guidance and subject to change. They should be checked directly with the airline for accuracy

WATCH THE BAGGAGE

Your free allowance is 1 x personal item on Spirit Airlines flights (Max size: 16"x14"x12"). All other carry-on and checked bags have to be paid for. It is IMPORTANT to do this online at the time you book, or you could end up being charged USD$100 per carry-on bag if you leave it until the boarding gate.

ONBOARD FLIGHTS

No IFEAudio / video
Buy Onboard Buy Onboard *see below
Pay Bar Buy Onboard *see below
2_6_spacer
SAMPLE BUY ONBOARD PRICES (USD)
Water $2 / Coffee $3 / Beer $7
Muffin $2.50 / Pringles $2.50
2_6_spacer
Payment onboard can only be made with major credit cards : no cash. The prices shown are for guidance only and are subject to change. You should check charges directly with the airline for accuracy.

AIRCRAFT

Spirit Airlines operate a fleet of Airbus narrowbody aircraft, including A319, A320 and A321 types. Seats are configured 3x3 for economy class, and 2x2 for Big Front seats. [Photo Spirit Airlines]