Spirit Airlines

"was delayed 8 times"

Trip Verified | Flight from Detroit to LAX via Las Vegas was delayed 8 times! Their is no one to talk to. Their chatbox does not recognize their own reservation number and does not connect you to an actual agent that can help. It says estimated time is 45 minutes but you are still waiting 2 hours later.
RouteDetroit to Los Angeles
Date FlownJuly 2024

"the worst experience ever"

Trip Verified | Spirit Airlines is the worst experience ever, and we fly a LOT. Flew my son from Phoenix to DFW, but the connecting flight to Orlando, delayed 3 times then cancelled outright. Offered to rebook him 3 days later, not a care for his survival in Dallas airport for those 3 days. Spirit tried to blame weather. Actually they specifically blamed "weather." BUT, the only airports experiencing weather are JFK, LGA, ERW, and CLT, and the maximum delay at any of them is 1 hr 19 min. (My daughter worked for SWA up until her baby was born recently). Guess Spirit doesn't count on people knowing the truth. To make them the worst airline ever though? They refused my autistic son a simple request for a cup of water.
RouteDallas to Tampa
Date FlownJuly 2024

"never got a penny back"

Not Verified | Will never fly Spirit Airlines again. My family rescheduled our flights From Miami to Chicago to stay on vacation a few more days. Then when we get to the airport to fly out they told us we only changed my reservation, not my wife or sons despite us having a confirmation. Then they charged us a fee for my wife and son "not showing up for their flights." They refused to refund any of the original flights and even mine that day because they said I could board. Like I'm supposed to leave my wife and son halfway across the country. The customer service ladies were rude, Asking my wife, why are you crying, you're crazy. She was not making a scene not being loud just trying to figure out what was going on with our flights. Spirit airlines was supposed to investigate, we never heard anything back never got a penny back for all four flights. We've called customer service and every time we're on hold for 45 minutes it hangs up on us. They'll never get our money again. They can just mix up your reservations and never refund your money.
RouteMiami to Chicago
Date FlownApril 2024

"worst experience every time"

Trip Verified | The worst experience every time I fly with Spirit. Hours of delay. Disorganised. Lack of appropriate crew. Charging for the worst service provided. The schedule changed multiple times since they didn’t have a crew
RouteFort Lauderdale to Phoenix

"got delayed 3 hours"

Trip Verified | This company is totally unprofessional, on departure flight got delayed 3 hours, and on the way back 3 hours, should be fined. I expect to get to a place on time not 3 hours later
RouteFt. Lauderdale to Barranquilla
Date FlownJune 2024

“worst airline in the world”

Trip Verified | The worst airline in the world, the staff are rude and laugh in your face, they offer to sleep at the airport on the floor, the waiting time due to flight delays is 28 hours! The plane landed in Miami, without any reason, I had 2.5 hours to transfer from Chicago to Orlando but we arrived 3 hours later, for which I drew a ticket for a flight in 28 hours, and an offer to live here, I was pointed to the floor. Board number NK1718.
RouteSan Antonio to Chicago via Orlando
Date FlownJune 2024

"no real care for the passenger"

Trip Verified | Our gate changed and the announcement went unheard. While we sat at the gate that was on the the departure board, we heard the name of a passenger called several times at our next gate. Ours was not called. When our departure time passed we went and checked with the gate agent who informed us that the gate was changed and the flight was gone. They did book us in to a flight 6 hours later. This flight changed gates 3 times! I have never seen such chaos. There is no real care for the passenger. I will avoid!
RouteLas Vegas to Houston
Date FlownJune 2024

"had the best experience"

Not Verified | This is my first flight in my life. I had the best experience and it was smooth, staff was friendly. I was not nervous. Thank you for that experience.
RoutePhiladelphia to Cancun

“the absolute worst”

Trip Verified | Spirit airlines is the absolute worst! We arrived for our flight 2 hours early to leave almost an hour late due to confusion from employees about what gate our flight would be boarding, there were 3 full flights standing at one gate with no communication and rude staff. We finally board take off the flight was pretty smooth and then the pilot announced for the crew to prepare for landing which they did, after crew was strapped in ready to land the pilot then announced we were going to do a few circles over the water due to a weather issue over the Orlando airport, we flew over the Gulf of Mexico for almost an hour and then the pilot finally announces that we only had 15 more minutes of fuel and we would have to go to a different airport to refuel and then we would would be able to fly to Orlando! Well we landed at the Fort Myers airport and were told to be patient because the airport was not expecting us and we would have to wait to get fuel, this is were it gets worse. They announced we would stay on the plane so we could do a fuel and go!! Yay right, nope not even 5 minutes later they announced sorry there has been a change that we were getting off the plane due to the pilot wouldn’t be able to fly without a crew because the crew were heading overtime and there was no other crew to fly with the pilot. The flight from Fort Myers airport to Orlando airport was only a 30 minute flight, but they opted out that they were not going to fly on it and we had to get off the plane and would figure everything out for us when we got off the plane off the plane on our flight leaving at 7:30 to head to Orlando arrive at 8:01. Our people are waiting for us in Orlando to pick us up. Let them know before we get off the phone, the screen says flight canceled. The spirit airlines said that the flight was canceled. There’s nothing that they could do that. We’d have to figure out a way to get where we needed to go with no help. They said it was issue was not a issue because there was a issue , they abandoned 250 people from that flight at a airport we were not supposed to be at with no help no flights out of the airport no restaurants open in the airport for us to eat drink anything no vouchers no suggestions.
AircraftAirbus
RouteHouston to Orlando
Date FlownJune 2024

"This is the worst airline"

Trip Verified | Delay from the beginning in Cancun, then in Orlando a delay for 6 hours. That’s very common in this airline. If you have enough time to spend in an airport fly in spirit airlines. This is the worst airline.
RouteCancun to Columbus via Orlando