Spirit Airlines

"charged me for my backpack"

Trip Verified | The staff who check the suitcases before boarding are charging the suitcases according to who holds it and who does not, they charged me for my backpack and two men with backpacks larger than mine went without paying, just because they laughed with her, that's very unfair.
RouteFort Lauderdale to New York

"Worst experience ever"

Trip Verified | My luggage was left in Cleveland. I had a wedding to attend had no clothes nothing plus my flight was delayed 2 hours. Worst experience ever. When I called the airline they kept putting me on hold and transferring me back and forth. I asked to speak to a supervisor they just transferred me to a new representative.
RouteCleveland to Atlanta

"terrible customer service"

Trip Verified | We were supposed to fly from Tampa to Indianapolis early this morning but the flight was canceled. Accommodations were not met. We were on the phone for three hours trying to get information on what other flight we could be on. After finally getting a hold of someone we were told there wasn’t a flight for another three days. There was no effort to try to be transferred to another airline despite us saying we needed to be home today. When we finally decided to rent a rental car and drive 15 hours home we were not given any kind of compensation. The terrible customer service and cancellation makes me never want to fly spirit again.
RouteTampa to Indianapolis
Date FlownOctober 2021

"This airline has no regard for its passengers at all"

Not Verified | My daughter was to fly From Philadelphia to Myrtle Beach to help my wife while I have a serious operation, however Spirit cancelled a full flight at the last minute for no good reason. This is not the first time we have had this happen with Spirit, nor the second or third. This airline has no regard for its passengers at all. I saw the President of the Airline on Fox Business telling them that Spirit would have to work hard to regain the publics confidence. Well they failed.
RoutePhiladelphia to Myrtle Beach
Date FlownOctober 2021

"dirty trash in the back of the seats"

Trip Verified | My husband tried to warn me. i wish I would have listened. Over Charges for baggage at the airport. Planes are newer, but filthy dirty. No hand wipes as you board the plane. Food and dirty trash in the back of the seats. The plane is not cleaned well in between flights. Continuous cancelled flights. I have given Spirit Airlines many opportunities to make things right with me & they have failed every time. I was upset when they cancelled my flight I will be taking to Jamaica in November. It worked out perfectly as I will pay more to get better service.
RouteFt Lauderdale to LaGuardia
Date FlownOctober 2021

"nothing was cheap about this no frills flight"

Trip Verified | We are retired Military and have traveled all over the world with many different airlines, but I must say that this was one of the worst experience we’ve ever experienced. Let’s start with customer service. It was awful. The clerk never acknowledged us with a basic 'hello','good morning', nothing. The reservationist assured us that we would not have to pay for luggage because of our Service to Country. This was by far from the truth. We paid over $200 for luggage, not to mention we’ll have to repeat this on our way back. Your weight allowance is a joke! 40 lbs. Really! Our luggage is costing more than the cheap ticket, which by the way, nothing was cheap about this no frills flight. We will never fly this airline again.
RouteAtlanta to Cleveland
Date FlownNovember 2020

"I will never fly them again"

Trip Verified | First time flying Spirit and I will never fly them again. Seats are horrible and you are nickle and dimed for every little thing (seat selection, carry on and baggage, and you have to pay for drinks and snack). And the baggage fees are a lot more ($45 vs $30 on delta). And for comparison, we flew Delta on our way north 4 days earlier and were very comfortable and didn't have to pay for snack and drink.
RoutePittsburgh to orlando
Date FlownOctober 2021

"the worst flying experience I have ever had"

Trip Verified | My first flight on 10/1 was delayed, leading to my connecting flight in LA to take off the minute we landed, which then led to a 5 hr layover, train wrecked our plans for that day, then on our flight home on 10/4 at 12.50 am I was notified at 12am at the gate that our flight is canceled a hotel voucher was sent to me as well as meal vouchers 6 total 3 of which declined, anyways after our hotel stay we headed to the airport early for our rescheduled flight at 1.15 pm, as we check in at 10am the ticket says “please see attendant due to wrong terminal or airport”. We waited in line and spoke to the counter, the lady proceeds to print out my boarding passes for the 12.50am flight that got canceled and said. ”your all set”. As I was walking away I noticed that it was the wrong ticket so then we spoke to another women who looked up our names and proceeded to tell me we missed our 9.50am flight this morning although all emails, txt & the app say 1.15pm, nothing about 9.50, at that point I cried she got me on a 11.24am flight but that was the worst flying experience I have ever had.
RouteDallas to Oakland
Date FlownOctober 2021

"I will never use this airline again"

Trip Verified | I will never use this airline again. It has been the worst experience I have ever had with an airline, and I would suggest you don't use them either if you want to save yourself the aggravation. They made me pay for a carry on bag although all I was carrying was my handbag and a small backpack. They told me I was allowed only one so I put my handbag in the backpack, and they still made pay $65 for it. I went to my original destination with no problems and was carrying the same exact items on my way back home. On my way back home, there was a lay over in Las Vegas. I had no problems with original destination, nor did I have a problem returning home, but did have a problem on the last leg from Las Vegas to San Francisco. I explained to them that they had not charged me anything on my first two flights and that I was carrying the same things, but they still made me pay. Totally not right! Even the other passengers were asking me about it because they did not feel it was right. I got the feeling some of those people did not pay extra for their bags.
RouteLas Vegas to San Francisco
Date FlownOctober 2021

"Not flying Spirit anymore"

Not Verified | I was checking in the night before my flight with no issues. Was told that the flight is over booked and if I want to be bumped out of the flight for a compensation. I declined and finish the check in process but got a confirmation that said "This is not a boarding ticket". the next morning arrived at the airport an hour before my flight and had to check in again and found that I was bumped out of my connecting flight (FLL-GUA) and will have to wait at Fort Lauderdale for 27 hours to the flight that will go the next day. No compensation, no apologies. They tried to blame me for that horrible experience and even brought the police when I was upset. Not flying Spirit anymore
RouteAtlanta to Guatemala City via Fort Lauderdale