Spirit Airlines

"The worst airline I have ever flown"

Trip Verified | The worst airline I have ever flown. Cheap flight for a last minute trip, gone wrong. During COVID you would expect clean seats, fresh scent, and less people. That is not the case. Flight attendants are rude and unprofessional. Flew here with a purse and a backpack, on the way back they made me pay $70 for a purse at the gate. Want a cheap flight but be screwed over by baggage fees and possibly get Covid? Then fly Spirit.
RouteCharlotte to Orlando
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"never be flying with them again"

Trip Verified | Worst airline I’ve ever experienced. I bought a round trip flight to Miami for $75 and after multiple confirmation emails once we were at the airport to come home, our flight was magically cancelled and the confirmation emails were from other companies and we had to pay $400 to get on our own flight!. After calling multiple times to talk to a real person beyond the concierge and “manager” they hang up on us every time we bring up what happened. After posting about it on Facebook they reached out and still no help at all. Couldn’t even provide proof that I cancelled my flight. I will never be flying with them again.
RouteFt. Lauderdale to Dallas/Ft Worth
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"Nobody knew what to do"

Not Verified | The worst airline in history. I have an 8yr old son who has cerebral palsy and cannot sit on his own or walk and we were not allowed on our flight because of this. They said they did not know how to accommodate us with him being over the age limit to sit in my lap but also if he got a ticket that it was a flight risk if he couldn’t sit on his own. Mind you I called before the trip and after the trip to make sure that we didn’t have this problem being as it was his first time flying and his birthday. Nobody knew what to do because they said our situation was “unique”.
RouteAtlanta to Los Angeles
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"Worst Airline in the whole world!"

Trip Verified | Worst Airline in the whole world! Spirit advertises themselves as being a cheap airline. Well, breaking news, they are not! Traveling from Houston back to Maryland on September 7th, I was charged $65 for my son's carry-on luggage. A child small luggage. The manager-on duty was really unprofessional and rude. I called the customer service line to complain about the rip-off, supporting my claim with pictures, but the only answer I received was some nonsense explanation. By the way, there was another female passenger who was also charged $65 for a small duffle bag, which was her only luggage! Unbelievable!
RouteHouston to Baltimore
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"refused to wear their masks"

Trip Verified | I was on flight NK2878 from San Diego to Detroit. The family that was in the row in front of us should never be allowed to fly again. Not only did they on multiple occasions, break FAA regulations, they endangered the lives of everyone on that aircraft due to the lack of respect for CDC guidelines. They refused to wear their masks for the duration of the flight, disregarded direct orders from Spirit crew members about wearing face masks and staying in their seats on 6+ occasions, they were literally climbing over the seats, touching other passengers not in their party, and wore their seatbelt and were in their seat for a total of 30 minutes out of the entire 4 hour flight, despite orders from the captain and crew members to remain in their seats with their seatbelts fastened. The woman who was assigned to seat 10A also disregarded direct orders from Spirit employees by not wearing her face mask and encouraged the family in row 9 to disregard orders from Spirit crew members saying quote, “what are they going to do, throw us out of the plane?” When we finally landed, Spirit crew members did not execute social distancing disembarkation practices, so everyone was crowded around trying to get off the plane. Our flight out to San Diego a few days prior set a level of expectations for safe and comfortable flying during this pandemic, but this flight made my husband and I never want to fly on Spirit again due to the lack of concern for CDC guidelines and FAA regulations and ultimately, the safety of all of the passengers on that flight.
RouteSan Diego to Detroit
Date FlownAugust 2020

"Will never fly Spirit Airlines again"

Not Verified | Will never fly Spirit Airlines again. They call it one of the cheapest airlines, make sure you know the scale next to the Kiosk is not accurate yet the scale at the counter to check in your bags is what you pay. We had to pay an extra 30$ for 5lbs, will never fly with them again. Their seats are so close to the seats ahead, my husband is 6’3” and was pretty much touching the seat in front of him, luckily I bought his ticket closest to the aisle.
RouteDetroit, MI to Sarasota, FL
Date FlownAugust 2020

"so many bad experiences"

Trip Verified | I have had so many bad experiences with Spirit Airlines and August will be the last time time in my life to ever fly with Spirit. I have been asking for my refund till date they haven't solved my issues yet, bad customer service and I was charged $65 for a pocket book, I could not believe it,. Also i was forced to pay for a seat while trying to checkin online to and from my destinations while during purchase i chose random seats. Will never refer anyone to fly with Spirit Airlines they are a big mess. Bad business i need my money back.
RouteBaltimore to Chicago

"A comfortable flight"

Trip Verified | Houston to Orlando. The pilot kept us notified of expected bumpy weather which I did appreciate. A comfortable flight with a short duration of about two hours. Boarding was fast and swift. We did get a snack I think. I traveled with under the seat luggage. It was an early morning flight and airport was not busy.
RouteHouston to Orlando

"a nice short flight"

Trip Verified | Have a nice short flight with Spirit Airlines from Orlando up to Newark New Jersey. The usual budget travel and I traveled with under the seat small bag. They had scanners for tickets which moved people along quickly. The pilot kept us informed of developments. He included warning about keeping the seat belt on since we might get some bumpy weather.
RouteOrlando to Newark

"help customers like me"

(Puerto Rico)

Trip Verified | For some reason I was unable to print my boarding pass with my TSA pre check and Yanel or Janel from Luis Muñoz Marin Airport in PR was so professional and help me with that just want to thank him for taking his time to help customers like me to get everything right on time.
RouteSan Juan PR to Fort Lauderdale

Spirit Airlines Photos

Spirit Airlines is a low-cost airline. Apart from the seat on your flight, you have to pay extra for carry-on bag, checked luggage, printing boarding pass at the airport, early boarding, seat reservation, drink or snack on the plane, ticket change or cancellation.

AIRPORT / BAG CHARGES

To maximise the benefit of selecting Spirit Airlines as your low-cost airline, it is very important that you carefully check and follow all of their conditions - printing your boarding pass, paying in advance for any checked or carry-on baggage.

Pay checkin Boarding pass : see below
1st Checked Bag : $21 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $26 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $100 *at the gate
Ticket change : $110
One small personal item taken onboard is included in the "Bare fare" (Max size: 16"x14"x12")
2_6_spacer
The above charges are for guidance and subject to change. They should be checked directly with the airline for accuracy

WATCH THE BAGGAGE

Your free allowance is 1 x personal item on Spirit Airlines flights (Max size: 16"x14"x12"). All other carry-on and checked bags have to be paid for. It is IMPORTANT to do this online at the time you book, or you could end up being charged USD$100 per carry-on bag if you leave it until the boarding gate.

ONBOARD FLIGHTS

No IFEAudio / video
Buy Onboard Buy Onboard *see below
Pay Bar Buy Onboard *see below
2_6_spacer
SAMPLE BUY ONBOARD PRICES (USD)
Water $2 / Coffee $3 / Beer $7
Muffin $2.50 / Pringles $2.50
2_6_spacer
Payment onboard can only be made with major credit cards : no cash. The prices shown are for guidance only and are subject to change. You should check charges directly with the airline for accuracy.

AIRCRAFT

Spirit Airlines operate a fleet of Airbus narrowbody aircraft, including A319, A320 and A321 types. Seats are configured 3x3 for economy class, and 2x2 for Big Front seats. [Photo Spirit Airlines]