Spirit Airlines

"Such irresponsible and unprofessional customer service"

Trip Verified | The worst kind of airline! If I could, I would rate them -100 for their customer service. I had my connecting flight from O'Hare to San Francisco through LAX. First segment of my flight got delayed by 3hrs and they wouldn’t assure me about catching the second segment. They asked me to stay in the airport overnight without any compensation. And then they have the audacity to ask me whether I will take a Spirit voucher or refund! Such irresponsible and unprofessional customer service! You need to do better. Never flying Spirit again.
RouteChicago to San Francisco via Los Angeles
Date FlownJuly 2021

"Ticket prices are rising and customer service is deteriorating"

Not Verified | I have been flying with Spirit regularly for about a year now and each time is worse than the last. Ticket prices are rising and customer service is deteriorating. Coupons are also getting worse every month. This time I got a coupon for 50% off however when trying to use it on their website it keeps saying coupon does not exist and to call customer service. After trying all day to reach customer service I finally reach someone who tells me “we cannot fix the website, that is up to the guest” How am I supposed to fix your website! Then she tells me I just have to wait and it will fix itself. Yeah ok, because it can just magically fix itself, and how long will this take? The coupon is only good for 4 days and 1 of them it hasn’t been working, hopefully tomorrow it will magically “fix itself”.
RouteLos Angeles to Detroit
Date FlownJuly 2021

"unprofessional and unorganized airline"

Trip Verified | They are the most unprofessional and unorganized airline! My flight into Fort Lauderdale was horrible. First the plane could not take off because all the signals on the dash was lit up and pilots didn’t know what was wrong. Second the air conditioning did not work. We had to depart the plane and wait for 3+ hours for them to fix air. Then it didn’t work fully because they only had half an air conditioner unit available. On my way back home (arrived 2 hours ahead of flight) did not make flight. Then they said we can rebook within the next two days!! I just booked with Southwest instead and will be going home today.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Saint Louis
Date FlownJuly 2021

"Left our luggage in Ft Lauderdale"

Trip Verified | Left our luggage in Ft Lauderdale because they booked our connecting flight too close to the other take off! Two days in Costa Rica without anything and customer service couldn’t tell us anything. Their solution was check the internet to see where it was. Until this day it still shows “unavailable” as status! Then to top it off, on the flight back they delayed it twice causing us to arrive too close to connecting flight and changed our next flight to the next day at 6:30am. Didn’t ask us just did it! Had to stay the night in Orlando and wouldn’t provide us lodging for the night! Flight attendants are very rude as well as customer service at airports! Good luck getting anything from them when you call!
RouteSan Jose to Dallas via Orlando

"Worst flight ever! "

Trip Verified | Worst flight ever! It got delayed, overpaid for a ticket and got assigned a seat by the restroom where I could barely fit. They don’t have windows in the back seats. And no seat power outlets and no wifi.
RouteLas Vegas to Fort Lauderdale

"the worst airline ever"

Trip Verified | This is the worst airline ever. They cancel and delay your flight in the middle of the night with no accommodations, mess up all your plans you have for your vacation because you’re arriving late and then they turn around and delete your flight to return home for over four hours. Please do not pick this airline, you will be very sorry especially if you have plans that’s paid for. They don’t even tell you that they’re sorry or serve a beverage or anything a flight or not all that cheap
RouteNew Orleans to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownJuly 2021

"I am beyond disappointed"

Not Verified | This was the worse. Not only was my flight delayed but I had to wait over 6 hours for the next flight. Manager not helpful at all. No concern for the customer inconvenience. No compensation offered. I am beyond disappointed.
RouteGreensboro to Orlando via New Orleans
Date FlownJuly 2021

"the worst airline I flew with"

Not Verified | I totally understand that some reasons could cause delay however, my flight with Spirit from Cancun had delayed without any notification or adjustments to the next connected flight to Tampa as we reached Houston late then we had to pass through Immigration which took for ever, then we got our baggage then after long time we reached the front desk to check in our baggage to Tampa. Shockingly People from Spirit team told us it's too late, as we reached late. This is ridiculous for my family stay all over night in the airport as the next flight to Tampa after 24 hours. Then after many trials we found flight to Miami then to Tampa, however the time between them 15min. After we reached the Gate we found a delay 90min. I cannot believe that a flight that would take 6 hours ended up with 20 hours. Spirit is the worst airline I flew with.
RouteCancun to Tampa
Date FlownJuly 2021

"seem to always be delayed"

Trip Verified | Spirit Airlines seem to always be delayed. If it's not delayed to your destination it's delayed on the way back. Seats are incredibly uncomfortable. I've flown with spirit a bunch of times and my past flight gave me a scare. I had anxiety the whole way. At take off the plane felt like it dropped and lifted again. At some point in the air the plane was shaking going through a cloud. I get this happens but this one was pretty bad people were near falling out the seats. The pilot or attendants weren't communicative about what may have been happening to keep us calm.
RouteSan Juan to Philadelphia
Date FlownJuly 2021

"Only 1 bathroom working for 228 people"

Trip Verified | Upon entering the plane and finding my seat, the flight attendant kicked my life vest that was in a sandwich bag, under my seat. Can you imagine sitting down and looking at this thing which could possibly have to save my life in the event of an emergency? Only 1 bathroom working for 228 people, you do the math. When I contacted Spirit, they said they verified my story, which consisted of lies told by the crew! Always take pictures folks. If you value your life, don’t fly Spirit.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Baltimore