Spirit Airlines

"negative customer service experience"

Not Verified | I had a flight today that was to take off at 7:50 a.m. from Pittsburgh to Las Vegas for my sister's wedding. This is the first time I have ever used this flight service and was a little nervous to switch. But bought the tickets anyways. I was in line for over an hr and then the gentleman that was working the checked bag counter went into the back room and told me he would be back with me in a minute. 1 minute turned into a half hr and I began asking other flight companies, tsa agents, other patrons and even a security guard about the employee who left the counter and that I needed service and I needed to catch my flight. I'm still in disbelief that the worker just up and left in the middle of checking our bags in. He finally came back and seemed agitated by something and spoke to me sarcastically and then even giggled when he said Im not going to make my flight and then proceeded to tell me that I he can give me another flight later this evening for $99. I said you just told me to hold on one moment and then disappeared for over a half hr and you want me to pay more money for a different flight? This is ridiculous. I have never had such a negative customer service experience in my life. In the end I never ended up getting another flight or a refund.
RoutePittsburgh to Las Vegas

"an amazing experience"

Trip Verified |New York to Orlando. I had an amazing experience with Spirit Airline. Regardless of the poor reviews, I decided to give it a shot and everything was perfect. There were delays at LaGuardia airport in New York due to bad weather in Orlando but that’s totally understandable. The crew was very professional and friendly. I enjoyed my trip with Spirit Airline.
RouteNew York to Orlando
Date FlownJune 2022

"Completely unethical and greedy"

Trip Verified | I paid for 2 upgraded seats for my 2 year old and I. I had my son sitting on my lap before take-off. The flight attendants noticed this and went and got someone and brought him to sit in my sons seat that I paid extra for! I had every intention of sitting my son in the other seat but I literally had to hold him uncomfortably on my lap the entire flight. It’s not my fault that this airline overbooked the flight and I suffered because of it. They had no right to sit someone in that seat that I paid for, against my wishes. The airline then refuses to refund me for this extra seat I paid for that someone else sat in. They forced me against my will to hold my 35lb child the entire flight. Completely unethical and greedy. Terrible airline. I’m a single mom struggling to make ends meet. I hope the airline is happy they ripped off a struggling mom and her 2 year old.
RouteLas Vegas to Detroit
Date FlownJune 2022

"charged me $89.00 for a carry on"

Not Verified | The customer service at the gate was surpassed terrible. The Spirit Employee was so darn nasty to passengers until she called security to stand next to her but she was the aggressor. I flew in on Delta which was beautiful, flew back on Spirit which was horrible. They charged me $89.00 for a carry on which I didn’t know that I couldn’t carry my bag on or I would have purchased it on-line for $50.00. I didn’t have the $89.00 in my account at the time. I felt panicked which is a terrible feeling all over a bag. Thank goodness my bank let the charge go through, had it not gone though I would have been in a real situation of couldn’t get back in time for work. Never, Never again will I ever fly Spirit. I ended up over paying for a one way ticket. Don’t Fly with Spirit it’s not a cheaper flight just cheaper service.
RouteAtlanta to Cleveland

"Horrible customer service"

Not Verified | Horrible customer service, every flight was delayed and the communication was trash. Manager turned her back on us after we tried to figure out our plane situation since their delayed flight made us miss our next scheduled flight. Boarded an "On Time" flight 70 minutes late. Manager also kept cutting us off while talking saying it not her fault or problem and we need to figure it out for ourselves. Had to pay extra for a seat after buying the tickets for the flight. . Recommending everyone I know to stay clear of these fools.
RouteOrlando to Houston
Date FlownJune 2022

"very chaotic and inadequate"

Not Verified | This was the most ridiculous experience I've had so far with a flight. Zero stars for the ground staff (the people that should help you during boarding). I had a flight for Atlanta to Los Angeles. Was at the airport three hours before departure and at the gate one hour before start boarding. The flight's gate was changed two time which is not a problem (it happens). The flight got a delay, which is also not a problem (it happens). The problem came when the three grand staff women started to board people on the plane. First: they were very chaotic and inadequate! Second: they obviously didn't know what they are doing. Third: they didn't even had the courtesy to explained to us why we( myself and 5 other people) were involuntarily bumped from the flight. They didn't board us. They started calling people zone by zone and said everybody to wait for their zone to be called. I was zone three and the other 5 people were zones three and 4. After they called zone 2, they stopped calling zones and started checking people's tickets one by one on the line and it appeared that they overbooked a lot of tickets. When I went to the desk and asked one of the inadequate boarding women what's going on, she totally ignored me and left the desk. The other 5 people and I tried to ask the other two women and they also split and never came back. Our tickets were rebooked for the next day but we already missed our connections and waste additional time.
RouteAtlanta to Los Angeles
Date FlownJune 2022

"I will not use this airline again"

Not Verified | I will not use this airline again. I had to pay $71 for carry on bag. $30 to assign my seat. Total of $101 besides the ticket. One more thing. Drink is usually free in these major airlines but Spirit charges $3.50. No thanks. I would just use major airlines which include all of the costs at the beginning. No surprise cost is appreciated, guys. I hope that this review helps other people to choose airlines. Enjoy your trip!
RouteSacrament to DetroitI via Las Vegas
Date FlownJune 2022

"I will never fly Spirit again"

Not Verified | I am promising myself today that I will never fly Spirit again. They essentially steal peoples money because they do not have enough people who want to work for such a garbage agency that they can't fly any of their planes. They say that the "weather" is the reason why they cancel the flight in order to not give you a refund for the expenses you have incurred. Even my ride to the airport was $50 just to have to spend additional money on a train in order to get to my destination. I have such hatred for liars and cheaters and Spirit Airlines is at the top of that list right now. It has not been more than a slight drizzle at my destination and cleared up very quickly. They were saying hail and tornados. I'll never in my life even consider Spirit and their horrible morals ever again and I hope anybody reading this review does the same.
RoutePittsburgh to Newark
Date FlownJune 2022

"worst experience we have ever had"

Not Verified | I purchased a ticket for my daughter to fly from LAX to SLC. When I checked her in I paid the $41 bag fee but when she arrived at the airport to check in she was charged an additional $75 because her bag was overweight. So I spent a total of $116 for a single bag to fly it would’ve been cheaper to charge me for two bags. In total it cost me twice as much to fly one bag as it did my daughter. For a airline to be a budget airline this is by far the worst experience we have ever had. Not only is this not a budget airline they treated my daughter terribly at the check-in counter. This company uses horrendous tactics to to inflate the price so you are no longer paying a budget price and you will have no choice but to pay their horrendous fees. In no way would I ever recommend flying with this airline if I could give them zero stars I would. Save yourself the hassle and your dignity by not dealing with this airline company pay a few extra dollars for a reputable airline as this company is not reputable and uses harsh tactics to get money from you.
RouteLos Angeles to Salt Lake City
Date FlownJune 2022

"know how to not delight customers"

Not Verified | Airlines have gotten worse over the years, but Spirit airlines reaches new lows. The kiosk for check wasn’t working so they told me to check in at the counter. Bag fee for this was $300 For 4 bags. They then destroyed 2 of the bags which I bought for approx $150 each. After 3 months of trying to get help from them they refused too credit the outrageous baggage fee or replace my bags citing various policies. I look forward to never using them again. They know how to not delight customers
RouteNewark to Puerto Rico