SmartWings

"service and attitude appalling"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | I'm quite a frequent flyer and my flight with Smartwings from Gatwick to Prague was one of the worst one I've ever experienced. The overall service and attitude was just appalling. They fly old and dirty aircraft with very limited leg room. But what is even worse is their 'customer service'. On my last flight from London, me and other two people were late for our baggage check-in by approx 15 minutes due to industrial action on UK railways. The Smartwings representative were notified by the front desk, however they wouldn't make any effort to check in our bags even though, the boarding hadn't finished and we would still make it in time for our departure. We all had to pay for new flight tickets for the following morning.
Date FlownNovember 2016

"they are supposed to allow pets"

Verified Review | I booked a flight from London to Prague choosing SmartWings as they are supposed to allow pets in the cabin. Before making the reservation I emailed the helpdesk in order to ask for a confirmation of the possibility to carry my cat specifying that I was travelling from London. Few minutes later they replied to my email confirming not only that I could carry my cat in the cabin but also that I would have been able to carry my hand baggage and personal computer too, they invited me to make the reservation and get back to them in order to reserve the flight for my cat. I was very happy about the service and few hours later I did book the flight with SmartWings but when I asked the helpdesk to reserve a ticket for my cat they replied that the company did not allow pets from and to London and for a case the reservation was unrefundable. I requested explanation and they promised to back to me with a solution. I did not hear and so I emailed the helpdesk again to ask for news about a fix for my odd situation situation created by a misleading information received. After that all my emails have been ignored and many different people replied to them simply saying that I needed to make a new reservation from another city. I asked to be provided with an internal complaint procedure as nothing like that can be found on their website, but obviously my email was ignored again. I offered availability to keep the reservation if my departure location was changed without additional charge but did not receive a reply to that either.
Date FlownDecember 2016

"definitely great value"

Verified Review | Dubai to Prague with SmartWings. Although the flight was booked via Czech Airlines, the carrier was SmartWings - a Czech low cost carrier. That said, I was pleasantly surprised or maybe had very little expectations. The flight departed from T2 at Dubai airport so it took a little longer to get to check in. The check in agent could not add my Czech airlines frequent flyer number but after checking with his supervisor, he was told that SkyTeams miles are eligible. The service was delayed without any announcement, however, the pilot promised to make up the lost time enroute. Tight seats, but the food and service by the cabin crew was fine. The flight attendents seem to have favourites on board, offering them pillows and blankets whilst others were being asked to serve themselves the blankets from the overhead lockers. There were not enough pillows or blankets even though this was an overnight flight. Overall, an OK service and for the price paid, definitely great value.
RouteDXB to PRG
Date FlownOctober 2016

"service close to be non-existent"

(Israel)

Verified Review | Flying Tel Aviv to Prague return in October, 2016. Seat quality is average to poor, looks like the last maintenance was ages ago. In-flight service close to be nonexistent; they distributed a sandwich and a glass of drink on the first flight and nothing on the second, even no drinking water. Serious flight delays (2h, 1.5h) - for late arrival of an aircraft, including in their home airport of Prague.
AircraftBoeing 737-800 / 737-900
RouteTLV to PRG
Date FlownOctober 2016

"low in terms of its standards"

(Israel)

Verified Review | Although we knew it was a low cost airline, we didn't know SmartWings would be that low in terms of its standards. Lack of possibility to check in online in advance, huge lines to just three counters in Prague airport to check in, landing in some backyard of the Tel Aviv airport (and having to ride to the terminal onboard the airport bus for 20-25 minutes and, to top it off, waiting for the luggage for an hour. I understand that 330 Euro for Tel Aviv to Prague return is not very expensive, but I've used lowcosters before, and it was never that horrible!
RoutePRG to TLV
Date FlownOctober 2016

"worst experience of an airline"

Prague to London Gatwick. The worst experience of an airline I have had, check in is only allowed 30 hours beforehand, and there's no way to pre-pay for baggage, so you must pay the exorbitant fee of £7 per kg. I would never willingly book such a terrible airline but was scammed into it by the equally awful Expedia.
RoutePRG to LGW

"a dismal experience"

Verified Review | London Gatwick t0 Prague with SmartWings. Useless. Online check in not working because it's a code-share. Huge queue - two staff. No time for breakfast. Seat already booked - had to ask firmly for it to be changed. Very unimpressive. They were also very inflexible about the cabin baggage. I don't think that they understand that we're customers not cattle. Never again, a dismal experience.

"Terrible, terrible company"

London Gatwick to Prague, and possibly the worst airline ever! Not only were we on the noisiest lager lout flight in history, but a couple weeks before we flew they changed the date of our return which meant missing out on organised outings while we were away. When I tried to get compensation for this I was completely ignored. I got the CAA involved and a year later they still have not been responded to either. Customer service - zero! Terrible, terrible company which I will never use again - I'd rather walk.
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"never flying SmartWings again"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | Gatwick to Prague, and never flying with SmartWings again, The ticket was sold to us by Czech Airlines and the flight number is an OK flight codeone so we did not realize it was a Smartwings flight. The baggage allowance is only 15 kg you have to buy every kilogram extra and to take your tennis rackets with you you have to apply for an approval two days before the flight - you cannot do online check in. Everything is difficult and a nightmare to arrange and they keep telling you that you should have read about all of this in their terms and conditions - never flying with them again.

"room for improvement"

Flew SmartWings from Madrid Prague. Boarded the aircraft and was greeted by a nice older gentleman (flight crew). I was a bit apprehensive when boarded as the plane appeared very old and inside really required a bit of a clean. Arrived at my seat and was actually not that surprised to find left over chips and a lettuce leaf. Cleaned this myself, then sat down by the window. It was very hot inside the plane, and we waited as one pax did not show so luggage had to be removed from the hold. Finally ready, the safety demonstration starts, I'm expecting the flight crew to take their positions - but no one around, the flight crew seriously disappeared. The safety video says 'We will now show you the emergency exits of this aircraft', still no crew anywhere. Furthermore I was sitting behind the over wing exits, the crew did not instruct any of the pax in those seats what to do in case of an emergency. Despite this the crew came through the cabin once on a 2 hour and 40 minute flight - same older gentleman, he was pleasant enough, the lady working with him looked annoyed and it was obvious she wasn't happy for some reason. I felt this was a very low low Budget Airline and it showed. Lot's of room for improvement though.
RouteMAD to PRG