SmartWings

"Worst experience ever"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Prague to Copenhagen. 1 hour late, No information off why or excuses. Their English Are horrifying. You can't hear what is said in the speakers. Worst experience ever. After Landing on the runway, 3 passengers begin to take their luggage.
RoutePrague to Copenhagen
Date FlownMay 2019

"rude staff and long delays"

(Montenegro)

Trip Verified | Podgorica to Malaga via Prague. Old airplane, with no room for legs, rude staff and long delays. But the worst thing happened after arrival at Malaga airport. My luggage was lost at Prague Airport and I waited for 4 days to get it back! When I finally got my luggage it was destroyed. At baggage claim we made a damage report. After that I was adviced to fill up a form about my damage on SmartWings website but since today nobody have contacted me.
RoutePodgorica to Malaga via Prague
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"told it was oversized"

Trip Verified | Prague to Amsterdam. While my carry-on fit handily into their receptacle, I was told it was oversized and that I would be able to pick it up after exiting the aircraft, as I had a very close connection at my destination. Pick up was not available, so I had to exit to the baggage carousel, and re-enter security at my connection. This made me late for my flight.
RoutePrague to Amsterdam
Date FlownMarch 2019

"they were extremely rude"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Prague. Flight was over an hour delayed, there was no announcement about the delay from the airline, once we boarded the plane there was again no mention of a delay either. The air hostesses assigned to the front of the plane were so rude, un-welcoming and abrupt, the rudest hostess I have experienced, lack of customer service skills and no routine. They skipped serving aisle, and when you asked them for service they were extremely rude. Appalling airline and staff, would never book with this airline again, really need a lesson in how to show appreciation to all of your customers and not just the ones who speak your language or look the same as you.
RouteGatwick to Prague
Date FlownMarch 2019

"I have had not one answer"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Warsaw to Malaga via Prague. My flight was cancelled five months ago. I submitted the claim for compensation via their website. I haven't received any answer. During past five months I submitted two more claims via their internet website, sent four emails to claims department, sent registered letter to their headquarters and I called twice. I have had not one answer. I called twice only to be told that they cannot do anything and to send email to claims department.
RouteWarsaw to Malaga via Prague
Date FlownAugust 2018

"Much nicer than Ryanair"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Prague. While the flight was about 30min late - it was explained by a headwind on the incoming 7hr flight from Prague which is reasonable. The service was actually very high quality for a low cost carrier. The meal was served quickly and was of similar quality to some full service carriers. We were given a snack about 4hr into the flight and a candy while we were landing. The seat did feel narrow without luxurious leg room, but you get what you pay for. Much nicer than Ryanair or EasyJet though. Bring your device of choice with a portable charger since entertainment is delivered via Wi-Fi.
AircraftBoeing 737 Max 8
RouteDubai to Prague
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"cards had been ripped open"

Trip Verified | I travelled from London Gatwick to Prague and then on to Dubai. When I collected my luggage in Prague my case had been unzipped, everything inside was moved around and the Christmas cards that family and friends had given me to take back to my family in Dubai had been ripped open, obviously searching for money. Why else would you rip open a greetings card.
RouteGatwick to Dubai via Prague
Date FlownDecember 2018

"there actually was space for legs"

(Czech Republic)

Not Verified | Flew SmartWings from Djerba to Brno. Pretty good, plane was new and clan. Surprisingly for low cost airline, there actually was space for legs. Staff were quite friendly and even offered younger son to see cockpit and pilots have been very nice to him answering all and sometimes pretty stupid questions.
RouteDjerba to Brno
Date FlownOctober 2018

"excellent airline"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Prague to Malaga. Excellent airline. Boarding was fast and easy, cabin crew were super friendly, aircraft was new and clean, and the food quality was super. The only problem is that the WiFi didn’t work, but that happens - so, all in all, excellent airline: highly recommended.
RoutePrague to Malaga
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"rudest service experienced"

Trip Verified | Dubrovnik to Amsterdam via Prague. First flight was delayed by approx. 1 hour so we had to run at PRG airport to catch our connecting flight. Connection time was too short for the Luggage which arrived two days later in Amsterdam. No apologies or helpful information at all by SmartWings staff: rudest service I have ever experienced.
RouteDubrovnik to Amsterdam via Prague