Scoot

"Service was horrible"

Trip Verified | Trivandrum to Singapore. There was no on line check in available to start with, which is nerve racking. Service provided by staff was horrible and Food served in the flight is good for nothing. There was no support for Kids meals. There was no pillows provided and the blankets provided were cheap. My wife and son struggled through out the journey, As There was no pillows provided. Seats are extremely uncomfortable and if the passenger sitting in front is use recliner then you’re are in real problem as their seat is resting on your knees.
RouteTrivandrum to Singapore
Date FlownMay 2019

"ruined the overall experience"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Surabaya to Singapore with Scoot. Speedy check-in with friendly ground-staff, speedy boarding. Bare-bones, not reclining seats and downright rude, unhelpful lead flight attendant ruined the overall experience.
RouteSurabaya to Singapore
Date FlownMay 2019

"Cabin crew courteous and ever-present"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Singapore to Berlin with Scoot. Bad start with one hour delay to departure after boarding. Last row, non-reclining seat allocated despite very early check in. Cabin crew courteous and ever-present.
RouteSingapore to Berlin
Date FlownMay 2019

"the gate already closed"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Taipei. My flight was at 6:10am in the morning, I only managed to reach airport at 5:10am because the taxi driver lost his way. I tried check in using the machine but was not successful so proceed to counter, by the time I reach counter already 5:20am, the staff at the counter said the gate already closed and because I didn’t do online check in so she can’t let me in asked me to proceed to another counter to reschedule the timing. I then proceed to another counter paid $220 for reschedule the flight. I don’t understand if she can let those have done online check in people go in at that time why can’t she let me in for my case.
AircraftTR874
RouteSingapore to Taipei
Date FlownMay 2019

"Worst experience in 22 years of traveling"

Melbourne to Phuket via Singapore with Scoot. Worst experience in 22 years of traveling worldwide. Absolutely a budget airline. You get nothing but a seat to sit in. Plane didnt leave on time for departure. 3 and a half hour delay on the return flight, which left us hanging around Changi airport for 6 hours.
RouteMelbourne to Phuket via Singapore
Date FlownApril 2019

"plane was clean and spacious"

Trip Verified | Scoot HNL-KIX r/t. Our tickets were only about $300/person, including 1 checked bag and 1 meal in each direction. For this price we did not expect much but we were positively surprised. The plane was clean and spacious, it even had mood lighting. The seats were not overly comfortable but ok even for a 9 hr flight. Leg room was sufficient. The crew was very friendly and approachable so no complaints about the service. There was a 1 hr delay on the HNL-KIX segment but we were kept informed at the gate; the return flight was on time. The only complaint are the high food and drink prices - about US $3 for a small bottle of water and the pre-ordered meal would have been cheaper if bought on board (the on-board menu listed a price of Sin $18 and I paid US $18 during booking). I would fly them again although the next time I would eat before the flight and bring more snacks on board (snacks are supposedly allowed and we had no problems nibbling on our chocolate and nuts that we brought with us). Overall, I would recommend this airline. For the price we paid it was great value.
RouteHonolulu to Osaka

"Very friendly crew"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Singapore to Ipoh. This flight was like taking an express bus coach. I've given Scoot a poor review flying 10 hrs from a non home country origin. This time the experience was completely different. Arriving at Changi airport and immediately greeted by a well dressed lady who offered to help me check in. What! Help me check in to Scoot? I declined as I knew what I was doing, so I went to the Scoot area and there were 4 counters open and nobody in the queue. Immediately checked in with no hassle, very helpful lady. Looks like I bought my "board me first" for nothing. At the gate, everything was squeaky clean. Boarding was by row and not by "board me first". Still, no problem. Very friendly crew, and departed on time, landed early after 1 hour, bags all. Very well behaved passengers too. But no service was needed, no service was offered, no service need reviewing. Like boarding a bus and getting off. In summary for a short flight esp if you fly from Changi, Scoot does not appear to be a budget airline. Warning, fly Scoot from another country and over a long distance, you will notice the difference!
RouteSingapore to Ipoh
Date FlownApril 2019

"flight was delayed 4 hours"

Trip Verified | My flight was delayed 4 hours from Bangkok to Singapore. Initially the flight is 1055pm, we enter into flight about 1230am. Though it was no more delay, but pilot announce flight will delayed another 45min and again 45 minutes. We didn't give any voucher or meals or drink between this 4 hours delay. After landed at Singapore, I asked Scoot for compensate this delay. They reply my email within 8 hours with compensate SGD200 voucher to me by email.
RouteSingapore to Bangkok
Date FlownApril 2019

"below my very low expectations"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Tokyo to Singapore via Taipei. Keeping in mind that this is a budget airline, everything about it is budget, but it was below my very low expectations - I feel for the staff who are just trying to do their job as directed by the company. First the positives - everything was hassle free, they are super on-time, no delays, 100% efficient at doing the important bits of getting you from A to B. But it stops there. Because we bought an upgrade after buying a meal for economy, we were not allowed to change our meal option from what we had paid extra for. Tip: it is best to buy a meal but do not choose anything otherwise you are stuck with it. The seats are uncomfortable and they are tilted forwards such that you are sliding off the seat the entire 10 hours of the flight. The foot rest doesn't do anything, and it only reclines six inches, both combined, you are still sitting completely upright. The seat belt sign is always on for some reason (even when there is no turbulence) and you are not allowed to use the bathroom half the duration of the flight (exaggeration). The food is not bad, but portion size is small. And finally the staff are not happy and they show it. It must be a horrible company to work for! If I had a choice I would choose a different airline but we needed a one way ticket and all airlines flying this leg charge a kidney and half a liver for a one way ticket!
RouteTokyo to Singapore via Taipei
Date FlownApril 2019

"took us 3 days to receive our luggage"

Trip Verified | Worst customer service ever. I flew Scoot from NRT to TPE and they deliberately did not load our baggage on our return flight. They put many people's suitcases off to the side at check in, and didn't tell us these bags wouldn't be on the plane. When we arrived in TPE it was chaos. None of the staff knew what was going on and we had to fill out a form to fill out a form later to get our bags. It took us 3 days to receive our luggage. The day after we landed, I emailed Scoot and sent a letter to their headquarters. I finally got a call from their customer service center 3 weeks after our flight. All they did was ask if we had received our bags. No compensation, no written apology, not even a verbal apology! I will never fly SCOOT again.
RouteTokyo to Taipei