Scoot

"It is not really low cost"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Ground staff and customer service is inept. App not updated with new schedule change No space for leggs (i am 165 cm "tall") and my knees bothered the passenger sitting in front of me. It is not really low cost but surely low quality. Btw lao airline offers a bit better for less cost. Particularly if paid in LAK.
RouteVientane to Singapore
Date FlownJuly 2024

"inattentive cabin staff"

Trip Verified | As mentioned in my review of Mactan-Cebu airport, despite being in row 7 I was loaded last. This was after a 40-minute delay and finding that there was no space left for my carry-on baggage. Seats very uncomfortable, seems that there is no cushioning at all. I know that airlines try to cut down on take-off weight, but this is going too far. Short flight, but again inattentive cabin staff. You used to be good Scoot; what happened? Never again.
RouteCebu to Singapore

"Would not recommend"

Trip Verified |   Over 3 hours late due to "operational reasons". I'd love to know what that means. Once again herded around like cattle. No apologies for the late departure, just a cheap snack pack as compensation. Aircraft was only perhaps 2/3 full. Asked for a seat change to an exit row but was asked for $55 for the privilege. Also assigned a non-existent seat on my ticket (43J)! Ended up just getting up, finding an empty seat, and grabbing it. Once again, the locker above my assigned seat was full. Never again scoot. Would not recommend.
RouteSingapore to Perth
Date FlownJune 2024

"cabin crew were amazing"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | I boarded Scoot Airlines flight TR275 from Jakarta to Singapore and the cabin crew were amazing. I was traumatised by a previous flight and had issues breathing whenever there was turbulence. The crew attended to me politely and encouraged me to be strong. They relocated me to a seat in the front, gave me warm water and kept checking on me every few minutes.
RouteJakarta to Singapore
Date FlownJune 2024

"seats are especially tight"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified |   I’m only 187cm but found these seats are especially tight, knees up against seat in front and when they lean back it pushes my knees. Would avoid flying with them because of this.
RouteChiang Mai to Singapore
Date FlownJune 2024

“no apology or information”

Trip Verified | Can’t believe the airline never updated us of their late departure, it was a 1040pm flight yet there was no apology or information about their late departure.
RouteKuching to Singapore
Date FlownJune 2024

"been so good to me on this flight"

Trip Verified | Singapore Changi to Yogyakarta onboard Scoot's older Airbus A320. Check-in was done using automated machines, which I initially struggled with because the system wouldn't read both my passport and bag tag properly. I had to repeat the process up to 4 times. However, the ground staff in Singapore were helpful and immediately assisted me without even being asked. Boarding was a bit chaotic as the position of the security check created a bottleneck at the gate, but I was soon welcomed by the friendly and enthusiastic crew on board. I then arrived at my seat, 3A. The seat was just ordinarily standard, with the same design used in many other carriers, but it was comfortable enough for a short flight like this. The cabin had definitely seen better days as many of the ceiling components were duct taped as they were falling apart, and there were some noticeable dust spots in the cabin. Take-off was done on time, and I soon connected myself to the Wi-Fi entertainment which was insanely fast and snappy. It had a good amount of content too. The cabin crew throughout the flight (maybe a little bit more warmth would have been appreciated, but they were already so good). The landing was done 15 minutes ahead of schedule, and I disembarked last - and even with that, it took me half an hour to get reunited with my baggage. Their ground staff service at Yogyakarta and the condition of their aircraft needed some considerable attention, but aside from that, I would be a fool to be nitpicky about this flight because Scoot has been so good to me on this flight.
AircraftA320-200
RouteSingapore to Yogyakarta
Date FlownMay 2024

"luggage arrived badly damaged"

Trip Verified | Scoot is an absolute joke of an airline. My luggage arrived badly damaged with contents inside pierced through. Made complaint at the airport, asked to go through online complaint with report. And they are now trying to lowball liability with 20% claim refund.
RoutePerth to Singapore
Date FlownMarch 2024

"not recommend flying Scoot"

Not Verified |   My flight to Singapore was uneventful as usual except the aircraft cleanliness was bad. Upon arrival in Singapore, I found my suitcase badly dented and reported the damaged to Scoot's handling agent, SATS in Singapore. SATS will not handle the damage and directed me to to claim from Scoot Insurance Assessor online. That evening I dutifully submitted the claim with all supporting photos from SATS, boarding pass, etc. Response was prompt however unhelpful, it directed me to claim from my travel insurer which I refused. A reply from the Scoot's assessor requesting the same documents that were submitted in the online claim. Resend. Reply again requesting for same documents. Explained and objected. Reply and requesting for more photos! The whole process made my trip rather unpleasant! I decided to ignore that email. I was only claiming SGD 200 for the 2 year old damaged suitcase. I will definitely not recommend flying Scoot to friends!
RouteSydney to Singapore
Date FlownFebruary 2024

"whole cabin is like sauna"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Using super old plane. Aircon was blowing warm air and the whole cabin is like sauna. Everyone is flipping for air using the airline safety cardboard. A disgrace to Singapore airline
RouteSingapore to Kota Kinabalu