Scoot

"after this trip I would think twice."

Trip Verified | We bid and upgraded to ScootPlus on the flight to Berlin and thoroughly enjoyed it, but didn't receive option to bid on our return trip and as such paid for seats in the first row of ScootinSilence. Upon boarding realised that ScootPlus was more than half empty and inquired on the rates for an upgrade only to be told we would be charged the full fee of $310. While I understand the logic in a bid where the misc fees already paid for seats, food etc. would boost the chances of securing the upgrade, I don't see the case since we were already onboard, had reasonably comfortable seats, with meals reserved and couldn't take advantage of the additional baggage that an upgrade provided and so didn't proceed. Scoot could have earned additional $362 if both of us had upgraded without incurring additional costs but it didn't happen because of its illogical pricing and many ScootPlus seats were left empty. Mid-flight I walked around the cabin only to realised that many rows of first row seats in economy were empty when it was indicated full when I made my seat reservations. Be it technical glitch or last min cancellations, saving grace would be for the cabin crew to offer to shift me and my partner or the guy next to us given we had indicated that we were unhappy that our row was the only one completely full, but no initiative was taken. I'm also still waiting for my miles from the bid to upgrade to be credited. Yes, it's a miserable 302 miles but Scoot should honour what it promised. Prior to this trip I had many good experience with Scoot and would pick it over many full service carriers, but after this trip I would think twice.
RouteBerlin to Singapore
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"I can't fault Scoot"

Trip Verified | Seated in window seat 23K, Flight number TR606, January 8th 930am flight from Singapore to Bangkok. The plane was spotless, and passengers were well spread out. Maybe 15% full. I was on an  SQ ticket so I got the meal: a chicken lemak, with a bottle of water, and some chocolate brownies for a sweet.  It was delicious; I've had a few nasi lemak on Air Asia, and this was much better. The chicken came in a rich and unctuous sauce, with the right level of spice, the ikan belis was delicious, there was a generous portion of rice. After a near 5 hour transit at Changi I needed that. I mentioned the cabin was immaculate. I gave Scoot a tough review back in early 2019, but that was pre Covid and it was a long haul from Singapore to Berlin. I'm still of the opinion that for long haul you need a modicum of comfort. For this flight though, less than 2 hours from Singapore to Bangkok, I can't fault Scoot. Good job. I came from Melbourne to Singapore on SQ, on an Airbus A350, so I can make a immediate comparison with the Boeing 787. I prefer the 787, the cabin feels more spacious, the wing is more elegant.
RouteSingapore to Bangkok
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"Scoot's call centre had a lot of disrupting options"

Trip Verified | I sought to change my return dates a few times prior to flying. Went on to "manage booking" but the webpage led to had "internal server error". This was despite several attempts during the few weeks leading up to my flight. At the actual Scoot counter in the airport I was referred to a staff who unconcernedly insisted that all flight changes needed to be done via the call centre. I had to quickly call before to change, and Scoot's call centre had a lot of disrupting options before I was put through. Finally I got the change. If your "manage booking" page is down, kindly be upfront and notify customers to call your line first. Secondly, do fix that page. I had much better airline service in Africa when some flight changes were needed, compared to what I got from Scoot.
RouteSingapore to Ipoh
Date FlownNovember 2021

"KrisFlyer miles redemption part failed"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Sharing my horrible customer experience trying first time to book on SCOOT for a VTL flight Berlin-Singapore for my family (2 adults & 2 kids). During the booking process I was offered the possibility to redeem my KrisFlyer miles to pay part of the fare and I chose this option. Unluckily for me, the payment part went through but KrisFlyer miles redemption part failed due tech issue. After many emails and calls to customer service promising the resolution by end of the day each day, 5 days later and 4 days before the flight I still have an unconfirmed ticket with no assurance that either I will be issued the ticket and miles deducted (non-refundable!) or that the ticket will not be issued and I need to book alternative flights for my family to return to Singapore. Needless to say that during COVID times when approvals, PCR tests etc need to be planned well in advance, this adds additional pressure and stress to already difficult situation.
RouteBerlin to Singapore
Date FlownOctober 2021

"The crew is very friendly"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | This short flight was great. There is no IFE and you have to pre order or buy your food. Food is in small portion and high prized. The crew is very friendly and very professional. Of course Boeing 787 is great but you have to pay for plugging in your electronic equipment (unless you are in Biz). They provide paid WiFi (unless you are in Biz) but is slow that is worthless.
RouteAthens to Berlin
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"fine of close to US$150"

Trip Verified | Scoot insisted on measuring the weight of my personal bag and the luggage, and they did not care how much you are over the 10kg limit, a fine of close to US$150. Squeezing every penny out of their customers. Would never fly them again.
RouteWuhan to Singapore
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"Did not let me remove luggage"

(Hong Kong)

Not Verified | Did not let me remove luggage. Took huge amount of money. Advice: Pay a little more and choose another airline. I booked an extra 30 kg luggage with them. My hand bag which on no other flight was weighed, was like 2 kg's more and they charged an exorbitant amount and threatened me that they will not let me board if I remove the 2 kg's from my luggage now. At that price I could have taken Singapore Airlines which includes meals and has excellent legroom.
RouteSingapore to Hong Kong
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"great series of flights"

Not Verified | Sydney to Athens via Singapore. It was a great series of flights with a stopover in Singapore of about 8 hours. I spent the time in the business lounge at Changi Airport.
RouteSydney to Athens via Singapore
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"was fined a lot at the airport"

Trip Verified | Guangzhou to Singapore. Worst flying experience ever. They charged USD 725 during the covid19 time to profit from those who have to fly and even at this price still without regular luggage allowance. I have to call them multiple times to buy additional allowance for my second piece of luggage and it turned out to be a nightmare. Rep is very hard to communicate, slow, and poor in English. It ended up with I failed to buy proper allowance without knowing it, and I was fined a lot at the airport.
RouteGuangzhou to Singapore
Date FlownJuly 2020

"Actually better than usual"

Not Verified | Returning as cheaply as possible Perth to Bangkok. Booked 2 weeks before the flight on 17th, COVID-19 was already disrupting transport, Singapore was days from closing Changi, and Thailand obviously close to closing BKK and I was using visa exempt so concerned. No problem at check in, flight left on time, guess 15% full. I regard Scoot as really too good for a cheapo, seat is same as full service airline, of course no drink, food, entertainment, and only 10kg but I pay to be transported. In Changi told that flight SIN to BKK was consolidated 4 x 320 into 1, so an 8 hour delay, a potential refund was mentioned but no use to myself to be stuck in Singapore. Good flight 320 to BKK about half full and on time and allowed into Thailand, phew! BKK empty, through immigration and in taxi before ETA. Actually better than usual good Scoot flights as flight crew not so insistent of pushing expensive food, coffee, drinks, guess they were all on notice, I wish them well and base my 10/10 of their consolidating my flight as driven by economic necessity. Hope they survive and in a similar way.
RoutePerth to Bangkok