Scoot

"the worst experience ever"

Not Verified | Taipei to Singapore. A terrible experience with Scoot. Firstly, it not available to online check in Taiwan, yet there is no warning given at the purchase. My flight was at 23:40, I arrived at 22:15, the check-in counter was already closed. There was still 1hr 15 min away from the flight off. There was no way for me to contact Scoot Taiwan nor I can purchase the next flight at the counter. It was the worst experience ever!
RouteTaipei to Singapore
Date FlownOctober 2019

"charge you extra fees randomly"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Ho Chi Minh City. I realize this is a budget airline so my level of expectation was already quite low. I’ve been flying with them every week for work and the staff, particularly the ones at the ground are one of the worst I’ve seen. Has no organized policy or set manuals- will charge you extra fees randomly or make your life miserable based on how they feel that day. If you complain, they will not apologize nor will they at least try to look into your issue. All you’ll get is an attitude or even worse they may make your life more miserable.
RouteSingapore to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownOctober 2019

"it was worth the price"

Not Verified | Trichy to Singapore. The flight was delayed 1/2 an hour. The seats were cramped. The food was expensive. The crew was nice, but not motivated. Seats were ok, but not too comfy. But it was worth the price.
RouteTrichy to Singapore
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Scheduling is apparently not important"

Not Verified | So so so bad. Scoot has rescheduled my flight, not once, not twice, not three times but 4 times! I had to skip a meeting and leave one day earlier to make it on time in Singapore. I must have called the customer service 4 times because of the problems they put me through and when I asked for compensation they just told me the usual "you have 3 solutions concerning a rescheduled flight". Didn't even offer an additional suitcase or an upgrade. Just to make it clear, Scoot will provide you with 4 different flights for one day, but will cancel it if is not full and just reschedule your ticket, until there is only one flight a day. Just an advice if you are traveling with Scoot, have your entire day available for them because they will treat their customers as if the only thing they had to do was take their flight. Scheduling is apparently not important. Will never ever ever book with this company again. Not trustworthy at all.
RouteHong Kong to Singapore
Date FlownOctober 2019

"rescheduled my original flights"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Melbourne. Scoot rescheduled my original flights in October 2019 to an entire day later for Both my outbound and inbound flights. This was totally unsuitable for me so I tried to find a different flight that flew on the same days but there were no longer any Scoot flights. Alternative options would be on different airlines. As I had made my booking through a travel agent, nothing was offered to me, even though I paid the same amount than I would direct. Not even to accommodate me on a partner airline (something I believe would have been offered IF i'd booked direct) and I'm left to bear the cost of something that was entirely on the blame of the airlines. Call Support center staff were not helpful at all and kept directing us to email in (from previous experiences, this never gets responded to on time and help is minimal). I think their customer service is really horrendous and they provide nothing of value when customers are in urgent need. Even as a budget carrier, the very least you could do is train your customer service officers so they know what to do and not shifting the blame elsewhere.
RouteSingapore to Melbourne
Date FlownOctober 2019

"I wouldn’t recommend it"

Not Verified | We booked two flights with Scoot - one from Berlin to Singapore, one from Singapore to Melbourne. A lot of things have been missing. We already knew that they won‘t offer us any food for free, but we expected something to drink, at least water. Nothing was given to us on either flight. The staff was unfriendly. It was impossible to close the blinds, so there was light constantly. There was no opportunity to charge your phone for free (only for 5$) and no TVs. If you order a meal for 13€, you only get one dish (very small), a bottle of water or a coke and one dessert, e.g. a friend got a 15g pack of crisps, we got a “Ritter Sport” chocolate. I can accept all of these things for a cheaper price, but I expect to get at least some water. On our second flight, they promised we could fill up our water bottles in between the security check and before going into the plane, but then they said it’s too late and we’ve been in there with nothing. So if you come prepared, you can choose Scoot, but I wouldn’t recommend it.
RouteBerlin to Melbourne via Singapore
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"flight was average and pleasant flight"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | The flight I took from Bangkok to Tokyo was a second half from Singapore to Tokyo Narita via Bangkok Don Muang. The boarding process was confusing and disorganised. The aircraft was new and the the cabin was clean. The seat was fairly comfortable but the legroom is average. Luckily, the flight was fairly empty so I got my whole row for myself for sleep (this was an overnight flight). The seat contained magazines, safety card but no air sickness bag. The price of the food and anything else was expensive. The cabin crew were friendly but not motivated. The flight departed and arrived on time. The toilet was clean but very small. Nothing really special in this flight as this is a red-eye flight. Overall, this flight was average and pleasant flight.
RouteBangkok Don Muang to Tokyo Narita
Date FlownAugust 2019

"A great experience"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Singapore. I found Scoot to be better than some other economy airlines. Check in was quick and easy, the flight was on time, staff and cabin crew courteous and friendly, and prices for on board menus we're fine. A great experience and I will definitely travel Scoot again.
RouteSydney to Singapore

"a usual budget flight"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Singapore to Surabaya. Flight departed and arrived about 45 minutes late. No Indonesian customs forms were provided to passengers, which is unusual. Other than these, it was a usual budget flight with no free food and jaded crew.
RouteSingapore to Surabaya
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"I do not recommend Scoot"

Trip Verified | Gold Coast to Singapore. Was due to be traveling to Singapore for just 1 day. Taking my wife’s parents out of the country to comply with immigration laws and then returning to Australia. Everything seemed normal, we booked online and entered all information including passport details and expiry. Arrived at the airport and Scoot said I could not travel due to my passport only has 5 months before it expires. Why did they not tell me this when I entered my passport details onto their website when booking? I could have organised another one in time as we had months from the time we booked the tickets. They told me it is common knowledge and I should have known this and that is is in their contracts. So we lost 3 return tickets and accommodation totaling $3,824.They could and should have their web developers enter a simple script that alerts anyone to this fact when entering their passport expiry date. I do not recommend Scoot.
RouteGold Coast to Singapore