Scoot

"KrisFlyer miles redemption part failed"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Sharing my horrible customer experience trying first time to book on SCOOT for a VTL flight Berlin-Singapore for my family (2 adults & 2 kids). During the booking process I was offered the possibility to redeem my KrisFlyer miles to pay part of the fare and I chose this option. Unluckily for me, the payment part went through but KrisFlyer miles redemption part failed due tech issue. After many emails and calls to customer service promising the resolution by end of the day each day, 5 days later and 4 days before the flight I still have an unconfirmed ticket with no assurance that either I will be issued the ticket and miles deducted (non-refundable!) or that the ticket will not be issued and I need to book alternative flights for my family to return to Singapore. Needless to say that during COVID times when approvals, PCR tests etc need to be planned well in advance, this adds additional pressure and stress to already difficult situation.
RouteBerlin to Singapore
Date FlownOctober 2021

"The crew is very friendly"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | This short flight was great. There is no IFE and you have to pre order or buy your food. Food is in small portion and high prized. The crew is very friendly and very professional. Of course Boeing 787 is great but you have to pay for plugging in your electronic equipment (unless you are in Biz). They provide paid WiFi (unless you are in Biz) but is slow that is worthless.
RouteAthens to Berlin
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"fine of close to US$150"

Trip Verified | Scoot insisted on measuring the weight of my personal bag and the luggage, and they did not care how much you are over the 10kg limit, a fine of close to US$150. Squeezing every penny out of their customers. Would never fly them again.
RouteWuhan to Singapore
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"Did not let me remove luggage"

(Hong Kong)

Not Verified | Did not let me remove luggage. Took huge amount of money. Advice: Pay a little more and choose another airline. I booked an extra 30 kg luggage with them. My hand bag which on no other flight was weighed, was like 2 kg's more and they charged an exorbitant amount and threatened me that they will not let me board if I remove the 2 kg's from my luggage now. At that price I could have taken Singapore Airlines which includes meals and has excellent legroom.
RouteSingapore to Hong Kong
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"great series of flights"

Not Verified | Sydney to Athens via Singapore. It was a great series of flights with a stopover in Singapore of about 8 hours. I spent the time in the business lounge at Changi Airport.
RouteSydney to Athens via Singapore
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"was fined a lot at the airport"

Trip Verified | Guangzhou to Singapore. Worst flying experience ever. They charged USD 725 during the covid19 time to profit from those who have to fly and even at this price still without regular luggage allowance. I have to call them multiple times to buy additional allowance for my second piece of luggage and it turned out to be a nightmare. Rep is very hard to communicate, slow, and poor in English. It ended up with I failed to buy proper allowance without knowing it, and I was fined a lot at the airport.
RouteGuangzhou to Singapore
Date FlownJuly 2020

"Actually better than usual"

Not Verified | Returning as cheaply as possible Perth to Bangkok. Booked 2 weeks before the flight on 17th, COVID-19 was already disrupting transport, Singapore was days from closing Changi, and Thailand obviously close to closing BKK and I was using visa exempt so concerned. No problem at check in, flight left on time, guess 15% full. I regard Scoot as really too good for a cheapo, seat is same as full service airline, of course no drink, food, entertainment, and only 10kg but I pay to be transported. In Changi told that flight SIN to BKK was consolidated 4 x 320 into 1, so an 8 hour delay, a potential refund was mentioned but no use to myself to be stuck in Singapore. Good flight 320 to BKK about half full and on time and allowed into Thailand, phew! BKK empty, through immigration and in taxi before ETA. Actually better than usual good Scoot flights as flight crew not so insistent of pushing expensive food, coffee, drinks, guess they were all on notice, I wish them well and base my 10/10 of their consolidating my flight as driven by economic necessity. Hope they survive and in a similar way.
RoutePerth to Bangkok
Date FlownMarch 2020

"emailed for our cash refund"

Not Verified | We have used Scoot before and highly recommended them previously. Now with our cruise cancelled we have firstly asked for voucher refund to use later this year. As with the uncertainty of travelling this year we emailed for our cash refund instead. No response, we only got "we will get back to you within 10 working days" - nothing!. A phone call to them 1 month later and after 40 minutes of back and forth on hold with customer service we were told no you cannot change it. We asked for reasoning and to have a response in writing as verbal communication was difficult, and nothing .. so disappointing that they treat previous clients this way!
RouteSingapore to Sydney
Date FlownMay 2019

"didn’t refund anything"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | On our way to Bangkok airport we received a voucher for the cancelled flight home! A new internet booking for 9.000 baht isn’t possible, instead we have to buy an overpriced ticket for 21.000 baht. After buying the ticket they didn’t want to let us fly! We showed an email from the Greek ministery of foreign affairs giving green light for my wife - and they checked us through to Athens. In Singapore Scoot denied boarding to my Korean wife (not me). we tried to show the mfa email, they didn’t want to see it. The boarding staff sent us to Transfer D: „there’s a Scoot office“ taking care of everything and they will help us. But in transfer D there’s just a night staff, who can’t do anything for us and many other Scoot nightmare guests. No service, no food, no water, no help at all. Our luggage is not available - it’s behind immigration . If we go out, we’ll be quarantined for 14 days. The Scoot manager is kidding us: We need a medical certificate, we would get it in a clinic nearby. But this clinic doesn’t test anyone - and the manager should know it. No flight money back! The manager was generous enough to give us the flight to Bangkok instead of Athens. Since march 20 Scoot didn’t refund anything, doesn’t answer emails.
RouteBangkok to Athens via Singapore

"Scoot cheated me"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Hong Kong via Singapore. Scoot cheated me I bought ticket 4 months ago. It consists 2 flights depart on 19 Mar 2020, the 2nd connecting flight is from Singapore to Hong Kong. I checked again iternary on 18 Mar night, this 2 flights were confirmed. But early i arrive airport to check-in, staff told me the 2nd flight to HK has been cancelled and seem they can cancel flight any time with no advance notification and no valid reason. The Scoot manager in Melbourne airport was unhelpful only saying flight cancelled and insist cannot offer alternative/solution, and said no next Scoot flight to HK in coming days, Scoot can take me to Singapore only or can get refund. I paid for the whole journey, Scoot has moral obligation to fulfill Client's requirement or solve their created problem. Strongly advise not taking Scoot despite some cheap sale ticket as cannot compensate your loss in the end.
RouteMelbourne to Hong Kong via Singapore