Scoot

"friendly and helpful"

Trip Verified | Ipoh to Singapore. First time in Malaysia and not sure what expect. At the airport ground staff were very friendly and helpful. On the aircraft again friendly and helpful. If I visit Asia again and need to use an airline then I would certainly consider Scoot
RouteIpoh to Singapore
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"paying food shown on the website"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Berlin via Singapore. On the website it says that it includes a large suitcase (in general) and then that in economic it includes two handbags (I think I remember well). In addition it puts several options of weight: 1 without weight, 2 20 kg (don't remember €), 3 25 kg (don't remember €), etc. Which let me to think that if I carried 15 kg of checked luggage I didn't have to pay, and in fact, I had finally to pay €100. This comment may not show what I try to explain, but if you see it on the website it will be understood. In addition, paying food were shown on the website, and I also thought it would be an extra, because of course, paying your 12h flight ticket, how could it be so they do not give you a minimum of food and drink?
RouteJakarta to Berlin via Singapore
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Cabin crew attentive and friendly"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Guangzhou. My first Scoot flight. Not bad to be honest. I had a meal and suitcase included in my ticket. Food did not look great but was hot and very tasty. Cabin crew attentive and friendly. New clean aircraft. Seats not too comfortable but leg room surprisingly good. No IFE for this low cost carrier. For a short haul flight of under 4 hours Scoot was acceptable. It is not like it’s big sister and there is a difference but if price is your bottom line then Scoot may be just the ticket!
RouteSingapore to Guangzhou

"try to help passengers"

Trip Verified | Phuket to Singapore. Don’t take scoot often, But always feel the cabin crew are the best. It’s common that passengers carry heavy luggage on board, although it’s cabin size, but heavier than the allowable weight of 7kg. No matter how full the flight and how full the overhead compartment, they will try to help passengers to put the luggage into the compartment. Suggest all the ground check in counter to check passengers hand carry and weight, when necessary, force them to check in the overweight Luggage.
RoutePhuket to Singapore
Date FlownAugust 2019

"so bad in customer service"

Trip Verified | Berlin to Ho Chi Minh City via Singapore. Terrible experience. Low-cost airline, but unreliable one. I booked and paid for my all luggage (45kg). Then, when I checked in, the system didn't show my payment for the luggage. I only could send 25kg, the rest I had to handle by myself and keep in Germany and deliver by other means. There was no one from Scoot in Berlin Tegel airport, the check-in staff were from the airport - not from the airline, so they said they couldn't handle that. I showed all documents to them, but they still didn't accept because the system didn't show. I tried bunch of times to call and contact someone from Scoot, but the phone calls were failed (they showed on the website that they serve 24/7, I called at 7am to 7h30 am, I just had only 2 hours before my departure, no one picked the phone). Scoot was so bad in customer service. The first time with Scoot is the last time, in my case. Now, one of my luggage is still in Germany and I have to pay again for other delivery, so terrible.
RouteBerlin to Ho Chi Minh City via Singapore
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Scoot lands at the bottom of the pile"

Trip Verified | Bad policies, needlessly restrictive. Arrived at SGN from elsewhere in Vietnam and not allowed to check in for my connecting flight to Singapore because I was too early. (This wouldn’t be an issue elsewhere in the world, as transfers would happen within a single terminal). So, rather than being able to pass the time enjoyably in the Orchid Lounge inside the terminal, which I have access to, I had to wait for 1.5 hours outside the airport or in the crowded departures hall. Garbage. They have also even further restricted carry-on baggage limits recently. Not serving passengers a glass of water without charge should be illegal. No inflight entertainment to speak of. I’ve flown plenty of low cost carriers (Ryanair, AirAsia, Jetstar, etc), Scoot lands at the bottom of the pile.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Singapore

"worst customer service"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Berlin via Singapore. The worst customer service. I had purchased a roundtrip ticket to Berlin. Later when I noticed that the return flight was not matching with my connecting flight from Nice, I tried to make a change for the next day. When I saw that the change, all of a sudden had a 11 hour layover in Singapore, (unlike the original flight) I called customer service to cancel the return flight all together and purchase my return flight from a different airline. Yet I was still in the "system" . So when I arrived at the airport they would not let me check in unless I paid another $300 for a hypothetical change on a flight which I canceled. Then I was told to call customer service, even though I had been on the phone with them already for two days and they were unable to take the charge out of the 'system". Truly outrageous. Do not use this airline.
RouteDenpasar to Berlin via Singapore
Date FlownAugust 2019

"will never fly with them again"

Trip Verified | Brisbane to Athens via Singapore. Inexperience flight crew from Singapore to Athens, poor customer service. We experienced several huge turbulence, the worst turbulence I've had. The pilot kept telling us to sit properly and buckle up without further explanation. I traveled with my cousin but we can't check in online so we arrived at the counter before check in open and specifically asked to have seats together, the staff was assure that we'll be seated together but it turned out to be the seats were separated! After I asked to get a fragile sticker to be stick on my luggage, my cousin then asked for one on hers, the staff rolled her eyes in front of us showing her annoyance. Overall, very disappointed first experience with Scoot and will never fly with them again.
RouteBrisbane to Athens via Singapore
Date FlownAugust 2019

"cancelled flight without notification"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Kalibo. I will accept bad services, minimal attention, no inflight entertainment and costly additional surcharges. I cannot accept that Scoot cancelled my flight without notification and keeps sending me reminders to check in. We arrived at the airport, 6 months after planning our 4-day vacation for my friend’s bachelorette party. There we were told something none of us could have anticipated: Scoot stopped flying to Kalibo or Caticlan long ago. What are we supposed to do then? Why did we received multiple emails leading to the actual day calling us to pack our bags and complete online check in. FYI I was unable to checkin online but didn’t thought of it as weird. Those were not the first questions “Scoot” ground staff or even the call center thought of. Their first question to address: “It’s not our fault you didn’t receive the emails we sent! Let us dig for proof.” So it became a contest of proof vs proof. Meaningless and waste of our time. In that time we could have booked a flight to Manila and reach Kalibo by the evening. No, Scoot and their ground staff would like to play a game of “let’s ignore them till they go away”. We were blatantly shunned and no one would attend to us for about one hour while the most responsible person there was busy solving other problems. Even worse, all of the ground staff totally disassociated themselves from Scoot, even as they wear Scoot badges and T-shirts. They told me they cannot make decisions or do anything because they don’t work for Scoot - how blatantly they declared that. I wonder if Scoot cares about Customer Service. I really am disgusted by the poor systems, customer service and resource allocation by Scoot. Please avoid using this airline if you can. I cannot advise you how to avoid the same situation I got into. I hope you have better luck if you must fly with them.
RouteSingapore to Kalibo
Date FlownAugust 2019

"the worst customer service"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | I cancelled my flights in advance for medical reasons. I had different flights booked with Cebu Pacific and Scoot. After sending emails, hours of calls over the phone, i received one of the refund but the other one after calling again the company and sending emails, never got any response. My flight was Manila to Gold Coast via Singapore. The first one was suppose to be done and then transfer. After calling Cebu, they told me i need to coordinate first with the other company because they are also involve with the transfer. I then called the other company and they told me exactly the same. I need to call to coordinate the refund. 2 months waiting. Never got any answers to my emails after 2 months Even after several follows-ups. I called again in august to know where is my money I insisted to talk to the manager and lady told me they will call me back within 24 hours. They confirmed my phone number and extension +32 for Belgium. So was waiting, waiting and waiting and no one called back. So i called back and again the same. Thats the worst customer service i ever seen.
RouteSingapore to Gold Coast