Scoot

"endured a very uncomfortable flight"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Due to severe reduction of flights from Singapore to Hong Kong because of CoVid-19, I could not choose to fly with my favourite: Singapore Airlines, all their afternoon flights have been cut. I was left with the only reasonably priced option: Scoot. For today (Mar 12th), their 787 was deployed, and I was rather curious and looked forward to trying it. I had problems with check in at their computer kiosk, was directed to the assistance counter to complete my check in. The lady was not friendly nor very helpful. Never mind, hopefully the flight experience will make up for it. For today, no meals or duty free will be available to purchase. Instead, each passenger was given a bottle of water and a packaged croissant. I was sat the the so called quiet zone, load factor was very low, they still insisted to sit a lady in our seat of 3, where she could have any other seats (all 3 to herself!), not her fault but the airlines. The thing to do would be to move to another empty to give her more room (and myself), I was not allowed to. I was told due to the virus situation, passengers must not move to any seats for tracing purpose later if necessary. As a result, all 3 of us squeezed onto 6 D,E and F, endured a very uncomfortable flight, inside a 30% full cabin, thanks to the cunning arrangement of the check in agent. I had to take Scoot because I had no other choice, and they did not show me that flying with them had any benefits, besides the low price. 787 usually is very nice plane, but when it becomes a Scoot plane, it looked cheap and tattered everywhere, with very tight seat pitch, cabin crew were so so, doing the bare minimum. I dread to think how people endure long haul trips withe them from Singapore to Athens and Berlin in that same aircraft?!
RouteSingapore to Hong Kong
Date FlownMarch 2020

"I did not need visa"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Bali to Tokyo via Singapore. I had the worst experience during check in at Bali international airport. I was flying back home using 2 different airlines, no baggage, terminals I fly in is the same I fly out, all airports I fly in have transit zone. The employee of scoot refused to give me my boarding pass cause I did not have visa to Japan, I did not need visa in this case I could easily transfer to my next flight without leaving the terminal. After asking him for a while to verify everything he was just sitting there and replying all the same "I cannot" . I asked to give me my boarding pass only to Singapore and he told me I cant get it as well cause I need flight back and if I buy a new ticket in front of him he can give it to me otherwise I wont get anything and simply losing all my flights. I asked for a manager and he refused to call the manager or somebody, I asked to provide me a complaint form and he refused to do so, he refused to give even a phone call to somebody who knows more then him. All I wanted is to go home and not being stuck in Indonesia. Somehow I was able to get my boarding pass to Singapore from other agent who was very nice an understanding, she checked everything and verified that I actually can get my boarding pass. Thanks to other employee I was able to fly home without problems. As a company who are involved in international flights every employee should be familiar with every aspect of international travels. It is very serious for many people to be where they need to be on time. Please make sure your employees are not refusing people boarding passes and please be more understanding even if you are a budget airline.
RouteBali to Tokyo via Singapore
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Scoot did the job"

Trip Verified | My first time flying with Scoot having read so many negative reviews for this airline. I found a great deal one way to Bangkok and just couldn't resist, so I took a chance. Around 200 AUD one way. Overall my experience was not too bad. If you expect something fancy from this budget airline, you have to ask something, what is important? Is comfort important or simply getting from point A to B? I chose the latter. Most of the time I took a nap while listening to music, so I wasn't in too much discomfort. Leg room was decent. My advice bring your own pillow if you have trouble sleeping on the plane. Overall Scoot did the job. This isn't Singapore Airlines in any manner. If being economical is important for you, give Scoot a try.
RouteMelbourne to Bangkok via Singapore
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"missing my second flight"

Trip Verified | My flight from Amritsar to Singapore was late around 7 hours. None of passengers were informed. End up missing my second flight Singapore to Sydney, at airport I was told that my next flight is after two days. End up buying another ticket with Malaysia Airlines via Kuala Lumpur. Cost me another $1200. Made a complaint, no return my call.
RouteAmritsar to Sydney via Singapore
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"not willing to help at all"

(Taiwan)

Trip Verified | Taipei to Singapore. Have been calling the Contact Centre for 2 weeks, each day being put on hold for over an hour, to refund my upcoming flights due to the outbreak in CoronaVirus. I informed them that i have travelled through Hong Kong recently and they don't want to help at all. What i get told is that my flight from Taiwan to Singapore i can't get a refund for, but the flight from Singapore to Taiwan i could possibly get a refund. I have logged 3 requests, with supplying all relevant documentation and haven't received any call backs. Instead i need to call every day to find out the process, where i get told something different every day. But at the end not willing to help at all. This is the last time i will consider flying with Scoot.
RouteTaipei to Singapore
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"not provide any assistance"

(Macau)

Trip Verified | I am a Macau SAR passenger who had purchased Scoot ticket flying from Taipei to Sapporo. Due to Coronavirus situation in our Country we were banned to travel to Taiwan by Taiwan Government. We were unable to take Scoot flight to CTS. We requested refund / defer our tickets due to this uncontrollable situation but after several emails we were being informed Scoot will not provide any assistance to this situation. Other Airlines (Air Macau MFM-TPE & Jetstar CTS-NRT ) had accepted our refund request and would process shortly.
RouteTaipei to Sapporo

"carrying extra 2kg"

Trip Verified | Amritsar to Singapore. Worst experience with ground staff. They were very unprofessional. They stop me for me for carrying extra 2kg. Want me to pay 2100 Rs cash only. Ground staff guy very rude and arrogant. Scoot really need to retrain them. Teach them how to treat customers.
RouteAmritsar to Singapore
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"the seats are fabulous"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Singapore. We flew Scoot Airlines Scoot Plus cabin. This used to be called Scoot Biz but they changed it because of too many complaints that it was nowhere near business class. It is really a Premium Economy product at a budget price. You also get designated check in, priority boarding and disembarkation. There are negative reviews of the Scoot Biz or Scoot Plus product. You get what you pay for. The ticket price if you are doing a return trip is not much more than economy on full service airlines and much less than any premium economy tickets. The seats are fabulous, 20 inches wide with 38 inches leg room and 6 inches recline just like most premium economy airlines. However, you need to bring your own entertainment or device and can purchase extra wi-fi. You get one meal and drink on this 7 hour flight. Sadly, the food is not great. This is the downside. It is what we would call TV dinner standard and portion size. You can bring your own snacks, no problem but have to purchase their drinks. Overall, highly recommended over any economy or premium economy product, except for the food.
RouteSydney to Singapore

"Worst Customer support"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Penang return. Worst Customer support I have experienced with any airline. I had to cancel my tickets due to the coronavirus outbreak. After trying multiple times and waiting for more than an hour on the line I was never able to get through to their customer support staff. Extremely disappointing and poor service.
RouteSingapore to Penang
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"refuses to refund me my money"

Not Verified | Hong Kong to Singapore. Scoot refuses to refund me my money after rescheduling my flight by more than 8 hours. I've called multiple times but have been put on hold and eventually not getting a reply. Feels like I've been made a fool. I have also emailed many times and not get a reply. What is happening? Is this a strategy to prevent losses? How can we get a response and a refund?
RouteHong Kong to Singapore