Royal Air Maroc

(Indonesia)

No booking availability to use a Hong Kong HSBC credit card to book a flight from Morocco to London. This airline has no desire to help their customers! They don't deserve our business. Unfortunately they hold the best flight options to travel from Morocco to the UK. If I could find another way I' do it!!

Royal Air Maroc customer review

Late departure from Heathrow. Once in Casablanca the boarding gate was wrong on our boarding cards and there was no one to help the information screen was showing all other destinations except ours. When we finally found the gate after running around with our two young children at midnight we find that the flight was going to Guinea before Gambia as our schedule said. Once in Guinea we waited onboard for a 1.5 hrs for refuelling and cleaning. Staff are not welcoming nor helpful. Once in Gambia 2 or our 3 suitcases were missing and after daily trips to the Air Maroc office in Gambia and the Airport they arrive.

Royal Air Maroc customer review

As long as this airline continues to have a monopoly over all travel to North Morocco it will continue to be poor with little incentive to improve its punctuality prices and customer service. The airline is extremely unreliable in my experience. Connecting flights are a bad idea on all 3 occasions that I have travelled to North Morocco (Tangier) on a connecting flight my experience has been negative. Most recently my flight from London to Casablanca was delayed 50 mins and so I missed the connecting flight (which allowed a 1.5 hr stop over) and was left at Casablanca airport from 11pm until 4am without food refreshments accommodation or a customer service representative to assist or provide answers/information.

Royal Air Maroc customer review

I had booked a flight from Casablanca to Amsterdam together with some 50 or 60 other people. Already during check-in a delay started without explanation or information. Staff behind the desk disappeared came back but the line waiting for check-in did not shrink. Impatient travelers roamed around the hall and came back with different information. RAM staff did nothing until noon when some vouchers for a lunch were distributed. It appeared around that time the flight was cancelled and that another plane might take us. We had been waiting for hours without any form of information. At 18.30 we were ordered to get onto a bus which took us to the delayed plane. First class had been transformed into second class room for your legs had been halved obviously to store more people aboard and most of them considerably smaller that I am. With a stopover in Al Hoceima we finally landed at 3.30 in the morning (local time) at Schiphol so that I had some 4 hours before my next flight to the Caribbean. My luggage arrived 5 days later.

(Saudi Arabia)

Montreal-Casablanca. Scheduled 19.25 checked in 16.55. Boarding pass stated boarding 19.00 not a word by check-in staff about any delays although it was already known to them. Arrived at gate 18.30 no one from airline showed up. Monitors showed original departure time well past 19.30. No airport staff inside the departure hall had any answers and no RAM staff were available until 20.10 when the first new departure time update appeared on the monitors. Flight was delayed until 22.15 and no RAM rep bothered to show up at the gate to inform passengers. Finally station manager turned up 20.45 to say that we all should have received food vouchers at check-in but of course he just had to say something. Plane finally left 23.15 and it was clear they skipped bathroom cleaning during the short ground time that the toilets smelt before the first use.

Royal Air Maroc customer review

We had no problems in terms of flight times or delays. Flight attendants were quite nonchalant and not particularly friendly. The most worrying thing was the state of the aircraft.. Not only was it shabby inside and out there was a huge crack across the emergency exit door and rust all over the wing. Overall I would say a very shabby airline and poor customer service.

Royal Air Maroc customer review

Cancelled our original flight to Morocco from JFK due to weather then they failed to notify of the rescheduled time. Because they had failed to notify so many passengers the rescheduled flight was delayed causing us to miss our connection in Casablanca. After having to spend a night in Casablanca we arrived in Marrakech 40 mins late only to discover our bags had been lost. On our return arriving at the airport in Marrakech we went to check-in only to find our flight home was oversold after seeing 3 different agents they finally issued our boarding passes. We thought things were finally running smoothly until we arrived in New York and discovered once again they had lost our bags. The delays and baggage issues were exacerbated by terrible customer service.

Royal Air Maroc customer review

We received an email 4 days before we were due to fly cancelling both the outward and return flight. The plane was old and dirty. The staff surly and not interested in serving you. The toilet smelt and they closed the front part of the plane off and told passengers to use the one at the back. Some people complained and ignored this rule.

Royal Air Maroc customer review

JFK to CMN. Good quality food friendly staff and a smooth flight. Plenty of movies magazines/newspapers provided.

(Morocco)

Awful airline and only getting worse. Due to budget cuts flights are often cancelled at the last minute and passengers are rerouted from direct flights to itineraries that consist of up to 3 extra flights. The airline will list several flights available but then combine all the passengers for that day on one flight. This makes travel with RAM impossible if you have a connection with a different airline. While travelling to Paris my husband and I had made separate reservations. For some reason he was told on a Monday that his Saturday flight had been cancelled. I was not alerted until Thursday that the same flight had been cancelled. My mother recently flew from JFK to Casablanca. It took her friend 2 hours after landing to receive her baggage. My mother's baggage was left behind in NY. We were told to call back the next day when the suitcase should have arrived on a flight coming in at 8am. The next day I called three times hours after the flight had arrived and was told that they could not confirm that the suitcase had come in. One customer service woman refused to let me speak to her supervisor and hung up on me! We ended up paying a 50$ taxi fare to go to the airport and were told to look for the suitcase ourselves by two employees who were sitting and gossiping and playing with their cell phones. Finally we found an employee in a back office who was willing to do his job. He went to another part of the airport and returned with the suitcase. The suitcase had a huge yellow tag on it that said "RUSH" and yet it was 8 hours after it had arrived and no one could confirm it was in Casablance. In short avoid this airline like the plague!