Royal Air Maroc

Royal Air Maroc customer review

The worst airlines I have ever flown. The flight was from Geneva to marrakech with a connecting flight in Casablanca. Our flight from Geneva to Casablanca has been cancelled without any prior notice. I tried to fix the issue over the phone with RAM. The first person just hung up and the second was not helpful and informed me that all fights are fully booked and they don't have any solution to propose! After one hour of negotiation RAM proposed me other flights the same day arriving late in the night.

Royal Air Maroc customer review

They've changed my departure time 4 times so far causing me to have to change connecting flights with other airlines over and over again - with the resulting change fees. Now it's going to take me 3 days to get from Casablanca to Colorado with overnight in Madrid and again in Dallas. After reading these reviews I'm pretty much terrified that I'll make the flight in and out of Casablanca at all.

Royal Air Maroc customer review

London Gatwick to Agadir via Casablanca. On the journey out we were in the queue to check-in at Gatwick for around 2 hours. This meant we had 10 minutes to get to the departure gate for boarding meaning we could not even stop to get refreshments before our flight. When we connected in Casablanca we boarded the plane and were left sitting on the runway in sweltering heat for over an hour without any explanation from cabin crew. On the return flight to England we arrived at Agadir airport at 3.50am to catch a flight to Casablanca at 6.30am where we would connect for London Gatwick. On arrival at the airport we realised that our flight was not on the departures board. We sat and waited for over an hour in a deserted airport with no members of staff or representatives to be seen. When finally a RAM representative did appear he simply shrugged his shoulders and told us that the flight had been cancelled giving us no explanation or apology for this having happened. We tried to patiently negotiate another route but the representative was utterly nonchalant and uncaring about the inconvenience. He worked out a route for us to catch a flight at 9.30am to Casablanca from which we could then connect at 1.40pm to London Heathrow. Although we explained that we had initially booked to go to Gatwick again he simply shrugged and told us that this was our only option and "take it or leave it". He even went onto say that it was a difficult situation for him as he was the one who had to listen to us. We waited for 5 and a half hours in Agadir airport to board the 9.30am flight. When we arrived in Casablanca our connecting flight was delayed for an hour and a half meaning we had to sit in the departure lounge listening to a imbecilic woman talking constantly on the tannoy for four hours. When we touched down in Heathrow it was 7pm - 7 hours after we were initially supposed to arrive and at the wrong airport. We were herded from pillar to post once off the plane; initially the gate into the aiport being 'accidentally locked' so we were all standing waiting in a small corridor and then being asked to go back to the departure lounge to wait for further instruction regarding the promise that had been made by the representative in Agadir that we would receive transportation to our homes due to the inconvenience of arriving at the wrong airport. Initially we were told by Heathrow staff that we would only receive transport to Gatwick but after patient negotiation we did get a taxi to our home. Overall the journey was appalling and the staff were dismissive unhelpful and uncaring.

(Norway)

This is the worst airline I have ever experienced they have changed my trip 5 times before departure (of course without telling me about it) are impossible to get in touch with and refuse get me a hotel when they leave me in the middle of nowhere when the last leg of the trip is cancelled.

(Italy)

I flew RAM last December/January but I'm writing only now because I gave their customer service time to follow up on my complaint which never eventuated. We got to Marrakech via Casablanca from Milan but our luggage did not. It was boarded on the following day's flight (because the cargo was full). This meant waiting in line until midnight to fill out a lost luggage form with the airport authorities. No receipt/copy could be produced as the photocopier was outside the Marrakech airport terminal. This also meant I would have no proof of the incident. They gave us the wrong number to call and it was only thanks to our kind hotel manager that we were able to go back to the airport (paying our own fare) to retrieve our luggage. This some 16 hours after our plane had landed (did I forget to mention we had left Milan 3.5 hours late with no refreshments provided). When I got back to Milan I was instructed by the RAM office in Milan to send a fax (in the era of email correspondence) to their customer care office in Prague (RAM does not even fly to the Czech Republic). Which I did on January 19. After countless follow-up emails nothing. I strongly suggest they do away with the 'Royal'.

Royal Air Maroc customer review

I lived abroad for 17 years and always used the Moroccan air lines to travel. But I finally decided not to use RAM anymore - bad service horrible staff expensive fares.

Royal Air Maroc customer review

Marrakech-London. Cancelled but only after 3 hours waiting around and zero information. Ground staff for Air Maroc incompetent and in some cases rude. Onboard the flight a very tatty B737 food was rather poor. What was disgraceful was the complete disregard to safety standards by cabin crew. I thought the earlier reviews I had read were exaggerating but now know how awful this airline really is. Easyjet next time for me.

Royal Air Maroc customer review

CMN-LHR Business Class. Check-in no wait and pre-assigned seat. Spacious lounge. A321 with very slighted faded appearance. Three rows of 2x2 comfortable seats but somewhat limited pitch. Newspapers magazines and champagne after boarding. Drinks and dinner inflight. Cheerful and efficient service. Announcements in Arabic French and English.

Royal Air Maroc customer review

We arrived at Gatwick to find the plane supposedly cancelled - apparently nothing new for the Air Maroc flight to Marrakech to be cancelled - what is really meant was that there was to be a 2 hour delay. The service on the flight was extremely poor - my row did not get any food and when we requested it from the air stewards it eventually came with no apology. I waited 30 minutes for a glass of water to take a tablet. The way back to Heathrow was no better. We got to check in very early so we were not sat at the back of the plane - but when we were given our tickets we were at the back on the both our planes (Marrakech to Casablanca Casablanca to Heathrow) - in fact on the first flight we had seats on row 36 despite the plane being a 737-700 with about 26 seats. When we requested to be moved further forward we were told that row 38 on the second plane was at the front of the plane and that the seating configuration was reversed on this plane. After two attempts to request new seats (taking a total of over 30 minutes) we managed to get moved half way up the plane. We were amazed at the rudeness of staff on check in when we requested a seat change. When we got on the plane both planes were only about 50% full!

Royal Air Maroc customer review

Dreadful service and communication from this airline. Returning from Marrakesh to Heathrow on with four children we along with 20 other passengers were held for 24 hours in transit at Casablanca. Apparently the airline had double booked the seats. However all our luggage flew with the original plane. No food or hotel was offered. No manager was available. Passengers were completely abandoned.