Royal Air Maroc

"We had to make a name correction"

Trip Verified | We had to make a name correction for the booking due to a well-documented marriage/legal name change process. Royal Air Maroc made us cancel and re-book the flight. Besides losing most of the money for the original ticket, we had to pay several hundred dollars extra for the new flight. This is a poor, inflexible policy and it should be revised. I am writing this complaint before the flight because it is specifically a complaint about customer service and airline policies.
RouteBordeaux to New York via Casablanca
Date FlownJune 2023

"food options are not great"

(Cape Verde)

Trip Verified | The toilets were often in a disgusting state. Flight attendant opened the bathroom whilst it was locked before take-off, and without even knocking. The food options are not great, especially non-meat options. No entertainment options or charging outlets on the plane. No warning of certain scheduled routes (e.g., the Guinea-Bissau stop in the Casablanca-Praia route).
RoutePraia to London via Casablanca
Date FlownJune 2023

"very pleased with our flight"

Trip Verified | We were very pleased with our flight. The plane was large, modern and comfortable, entertainment was excellent and the food was good. Our luggage were handled properly. I would fly with them again. The airport in Casablanca need some attention to cleanliness and facilities.
RouteWashington to Milan via Casablanca

"wasn’t that friendly"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | The departure from HIA airport was very smooth, I had an 4kg extra in my suitcase and they were okay with it they didn’t charge anything. The cabin crew wasn’t that friendly, I asked them to bring me beverages more and they never bring it, The touch screen at my seat wasn’t working.
RouteDoha to Casablanca
Date FlownMay 2023

"actually a great experience"

Trip Verified | Overall the experience wasn’t bad. Party of 3 adults actually booked on 2 separate reservations. Check in at Miami was easy. We did the 24 hr layover to experience Casablanca (which was the whole reason we chose the airline). We had confusion initially on if we would get our bags in CMN. The third person in our party had a late connection into Miami and her luggage said it was checked to CMN. Ours was checked to BCN. However her bag did not show up in CMN. Staff was nice and willing to help but their customer service was what I found to be typical for the country just lacking by American standards. Plane was clean. Food was good. The flight itself was actually a great experience. Better than most US airlines.
RouteMiami to Barcelona via Casablanca
Date FlownMay 2023

"check in counter is slow in Dubai"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | The check in counter is slow in Dubai. The flight was also delayed. The food portions are really good although you might find the bread hard. The cabin crew didn't answer call bells, they would =turn it off cleverly while passing by.
RouteDubai to Lisbon via Casablanca
Date FlownMarch 2023

"staff is wonderful and very helpful"

Not Verified | I appreciate travelling with Royal Air Maroc. The boarding has gone smooth. The staff is wonderful and very helpful. I recommend for any customer.
RouteLondon to Casabanca
Date FlownAugust 2022

"avoid especially if you are traveling with kids"

Not Verified | Worst airline I have ever traveled with. Delayed baggage on both ends. Delayed carry-on for a week on the way back with all my essentials in it. Broke one of my suitcases on the way back. Customer service keep lying and then stops responding to emails altogether. They ignored the reports and the proofs that were sent to them by email. Very disappointing experience, the staff were very rude and not understanding. They made me bring a toddler car seat to the plane door while I had a stroller and a baby with me. I have never done this with any airline. The car seats get checked in with the rest of the luggage in general. It is more than 10kg and you can't expect a person to carry that to the plane door in their hand. Please avoid this airline especially if you are traveling with kids.
RouteMontreal to Turkey
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"it was a horrible experience"

Trip Verified | We got delayed in Accra for hours only to miss our connecting flight to London. Hence, I had to stay overnight in Casablanca. At Casablanca, the food was very poor, with no vegan options. The hostel room was dusty with dirty used bedsheets and dirty bathrooms as well. We could not find toothbrushes, toothpaste, or even towels at duty-free shops. Their staff were very extremely rude and were not remorseful. Some passengers amongst us had to stay for 2-3 nights because there were no vacancies on the next connecting flights to their respective destinations. And when we complained, instead of feeling remorseful and issuing apologies, they’d rather tell us to return to Ghana and join another airline. I missed a very important meeting, the very reason why I had to travel, hence my trip was in vain, thanks to the incompetence and inefficiency of the airline I chose! It’s been more than a month now, and no one has reached out to apologise for all the opportunities we lost because of their failed operations. There’s no way I’d advise anyone to choose Royal Air Maroc. In summary - it was a horrible experience.
RouteAccra to London via Casablanca
Date FlownMarch 2023

"I would certainly use again"

Trip Verified | Madrid to Casablanca on 15th February 2023. I booked my flight online via a travel agency several months before travel and it was reassuring to have received a number of superbly informative emails from Royal Air Maroc before the flight. The airline enabled online check-in and this attention to detailed was mirrored elsewhere in the service provided. My one and only gripe was the abrupt woman on the check-in desk. She made no effort to even speak to me and roughly removed the protective cover to my passport and literally threw it under the counter at me. When I objected she turned her head and entered into a conversation with her uniformed colleagues. This rudeness is not acceptable and was entirely unnecessary too. the boarding process was well managed and the crew were well turned out and very professional. The interior of the 737-Max was tastefully decorated in a corporate and culturally reflective manner. Royal Air Maroc provided a nicely presented lunch box. The box itself was a work of art. It contained a small cake, sandwich and water and other items I do not recall. A route map was displayed and the cabin crew made themselves present. The lavatory was spotlessly clean. Although a relatively short flight the crew were a superb representation of their company and country. Landing and disembarkation were professionally handled and based on this experience, I would certainly use again. Royal Air Maroc put certain European airlines to shame. As mentioned, my one and only and justifiable gripe is the rude woman on the Madrid check-in desk.
AircraftBoeing 737 Max