Royal Air Maroc

"very professional staff"

(Morocco)

Trip Verified | An extraordinary trip from Istanbul to Casablanca with the Royal Air Maroc, a very professional staff and the cabin well equipped with all amenities to make you forget the 5 hours of travel.
RouteIstanbul to Casablanca
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"crew very efficient and attentive"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Marrakesh to Porto via Casablanca. The boarding in Marrakech was at the scheduled time, allowing the plane to take off about 25 minutes before the scheduled time and reach Casablanca almost at the time it should have left Marrakech. The crew was very efficient and attentive, which made the trip go smoothly. Despite the short trip, the plane had comfortable seats in the class in which I traveled (economic). On the Casablanca-Porto trip, the crew was equally friendly, helpful and attentive. There were newspapers of various kinds available, either in French or in Arabic. The seats were comfortable and a light but varied meal with fresh and tasty products was served. Overall the trip was great value for money and without any delay.
RouteMarrakesh to Porto via Casablanca
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"filed a claim to receive compensation"

Trip Verified | The worst airline experience I have endured. I had 4 flights (connections through Casablanca to and from Europe) and all four were 3+ hours delayed. One of my return flights was cancelled without explanation 2 days before the start of my trip and little was down by way of creating a solution. As well, my bag was lost for the first 2 days of my trip which included a bridesmaids dress needed for a wedding. When I called multiple times to track the bag the airline had no idea where my bag was and said it would be returned within 2-21 days. I was informed that there were airport strikes in Casablanca and staff were messing with the customers as a form of striking. The employees lied to me and never offered explanations for the four delayed flights. They delayed my return so much that I missed my connection and had to unexpectedly stay the night in Casablanca. There were dozens of other passengers in the same predicament as I, all on differing flights. I've filed a claim to receive compensation for the ordeal and received an automated message that someone will try to reply to my claim within 60 days.
RouteNew York to Lisbon via Casablanca
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"delayed more than 1,5 hours"

Trip Verified | Montreal to Beirut via Casablanca. Flights rescheduled for more than 5 hours so my arrival turned to be + 2days instead of +1 day. Both flights were delayed for more than 1,5 hours. Ground staff in Casablanca were rude and unfriendly to me.
AircraftBoeing 787-8 / 737NG
RouteMontreal to Beirut via Casablanca
Date FlownAugust 2019

"1.5 hrs without any communication"

Not Verified | Casablanca to New York. We were sitting on the plane for 1.5 hrs without any communication from the captain or the crew. Upon arrival we saw the email sent with apologies which totally dumb. After arriving to New York we are waiting for the luggage for more then 1.5 hr.
RouteCasablanca to New York
Date FlownAugust 2019

"baggage has gone missing again"

Trip Verified | London to Bamako via Casablanca. I have just returned from Mali. Utterly shocking experience. Bags were missing for five days. To avoid answering questions, staff simply put the phone down. Bags finally turned up two days before I left to return to London, which I did yesterday. As I write, my baggage has gone missing again.
RouteLondon to Bamako via Casablanca

"gave me an aisle seat"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Algiers to Casablanca. I booked a window seat and I want to have my window seat. When i arrived to Algiers airport they changed my seat and gave me an aisle seat. It is unacceptable as i paid a huge amount to avoid any kind of change. When i told them so they told me i should’ve arrived earlier. They sell business class tickets and change whatever they want!
RouteAlgiers to Casablanca
Date FlownJuly 2019

"great attention from cabin crew"

(Morocco)

Not Verified | Paris to Casablanca. Great Flight. First I was upgraded to business class. I has great attention from the cabin crew. The cabin of the Boeing 787-8 is very nice (even if the new 787-9 cabin is even better). Very good meal was served. Departure on time, arrival before time. Entertainment of good quality (could be richer of renewed more often, indeed as a frequent flyer with RAM, I have seen almost all movies I am interested in). Priority Luggage respected and delivered first. Very happy to be a gold frequent flyer of RAM.
RouteParis to Casablanca
Date FlownJuly 2019

"unnecessarily curt and rude"

Trip Verified | A pretty horrible experience. At Casablanca airport, aircraft parked at a remote location necessitating a bus ride in high heat to the plane. Seats extremely uncomfortable. No matter how you sit, there is no comfort. Ringing the FA call button is futile because no one ever came. Seat belt sign was turned on for an inordinately long time due to mild turbulence which had dissipated, but the sign was kept on. My young child needed to use the bathroom and crew kept sending him back to his seat. I finally went with him and told them that either he used the washroom or peed in his pants. A male FA told me that there was turbulence. I said that at the moment there wasn't any and that my son would use the washroom quickly. He said to me, "how do you know there's no turbulence". I answered, "because I'm a pilot". He was unnecessarily curt and rude for no reason. One kid who must have been related to a crew member was sleeping in the closet with her legs protruding into the aisle. Completely unprofessional. Final gripe is that in Casablanca airport, you cannot use Morocan currency along with your credit card to get rid of your Moroccan money before leaving the country.
RouteCasablana to Washington
Date FlownJuly 2019

"staff rude and unhelpful"

Not Verified | I was going from Washington to Malaga via Casablanca. First flight (RAM219) from Dulles to Casablanca was fine (I was able to purchase an upgrade to business at the counter with no problem). The second flight (RAM984) from Casablanca to Malaga was delayed. We were given very little information. “You will receive information in 10 minutes.” Followed by the same announcement 3 times. 1 hour later, we boarded a bus where we sat for 20 minutes. Got onto RAM984 – a propeller jet – which was very dirty, smelt of fumes, and had insects on the interior window. The plane sat on the runway for a long time, attempted to take off and failed, and returned to the airport. We were disembarked and waited another 2 hours for a new plane (with no information from rude staff). Flight from Casablanca to DC (RAM218): I wanted to purchase an upgrade. Was told that “we don’t have a machine.” (the woman in front of me had been overbooked and was given a free upgrade.) The gate area was very crowded. They made a boarding announcement and there was no organization (see photo). No one told passengers where to go or what zones to use. Then, we waited. We were given the same RAM-standard statement, “You will receive information in 10 minutes.” This happened 2 times. People were getting very angry. Ground staff called security who came and stood at the counter looking menacing. Boarded the plane. Stayed on the ground for more than an hour with no information from flight crew. We could see mechanics staring up at the underside of the wing, not reassuring and most of the passengers around me were fearful to fly. We finally took off 3 hours after flight time. All the staff were rude and unhelpful. They didn’t speak. They turned their backs when I (and other passengers) asked questions. This whole experience has actually put me off of Morocco in general (and I wanted to travel there.)
RouteWashington to Malaga via Casablanca