Royal Air Maroc

"Do not punish yourself like this"

Not Verified | Pure, literal hell. Unlike anything I've experienced before. Makes sub-Saharan African airlines look like Virgin Atlantic. My itinerary was Barcelona - Casablanca - JFK. The flight itself was like a Marrakesh gypsy market. Seemingly unattended children coughing, crying and sneezing for 8 hours. Absolutely no masks worn and 0 enforcement attempts. The whole plane is a Covid super spreader event. Seats so small you couldn't stand up unless someone else did on either side of you. If the person in front of you leans back in their chair, your tray essentially collapses so you better not be eating at the time. Sound does not work on the entertainment system. No alcohol served, obviously. Terrible food. Rude/confused staff that throw things at you, like broken headphones, when you're sleeping. Limited ability for the crew to communicate in Spanish, English or French. The layover in Casablanca was supposed to be 50 minutes but was more like 15 so crazy running through the gates and then 3 rounds of security (the security being a teenager lazily unzipping your bag). Maybe this flight was a parody, a social experiment for how much abuse people are willing to take to save $300 on a Transatlantic flight. Never again. Do not punish yourself like this.
RouteBarcelona to Casablanca via New York JFK
Date FlownNovember 2021

"An airline to be recommended"

Trip Verified | Nice flight with Royal Air Maroc from Spain to Morocco. Aircraft was clean, leg space very good. Food and all type of drinks were included. First service very fast and later on attentive on request. An airline to be recommended.
RouteMadrid to Casablanca
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"They really need to update their interiors"

Trip Verified | The plane (737-800) was dirty and in bad condition on the inside, with bits of plastic insulation missing. There was a strong smell of toilet chemical and the seat tray and back of the seat in front was sticky. No PTV. The seats themselves were worn out and wonky. Casablanca airport was a hot disorganised mess, with confusing signs, long queues, nowhere to sit and buses that didn't seem to know where they were going. Food options there were overpriced and very poor quality. The domestic leg of my return flight was cancelled, adding an overnight stop in Casablanca. They ignored my emails and I had to call at 5am and hold for 30m to finally get through - the rest of the time they just hung up the phone and sent messages saying that they were busy. They agreed to change my ticket to a same-day connection on Turkish Airlines, which was 100 times better. The only thing I liked about RAM was the food, which was actually very tasty (delicious chicken or fish). They really need to update their interiors, employ more call centre staff and fix the horrible mess at Casablanca. Make it a place that is pleasant to transit, rather than a hassle. Also, it would be nice if they would stop cancelling flights.
RouteAgadir to Istanbul via Casablanca
Date FlownJuly 2021

"very attentive and kind"

Trip Verified | I have flown with RAM in the past and did not have the greatest experience in that the aircraft seemed old. All I can say is , wow they have really improved. The airplane was brand new and quite comfortable. The flight attendants were very attentive and kind. The food was very good and every 2 hours they were bringing personal bottles of water. I would say if you had a bad experience in the past, definitely give them another try and you will be pleasantly surprised.
RouteNew York to Casablanca
Date FlownJune 2021

"Highly recommended"

Not Verified | Amazing airline. Highly recommended. I fly from Newark International to Casablanca International Airport on the 787-9 Dreamliner. We got good Legroom, Inflight entertainment with countless movies and many more! The food was the usual chicken, fish or beef, I got the standard beef. There was rice dessert and some drinks so it was like any other airline. Too me it didn't feel different and felt normal and it was pretty clean. Again recommended if your flying to Morocco or from Morocco choose Royal Air Maroc. There's also a really nice Business class but I wasn't in it I just saw it.
AircraftBoeing 787-9 Dreamliner
RouteNewark Airport to Casablanca
Date FlownJune 2020

"no flight, no refund"

Trip Verified | I booked to fly to Sierra Leone (cost for 2 people, £1009) but due to the pandemic we weren't able to fly (flight was booked for Oct 2020, and was cancelled). So i called them and asked what we needed to do. I was told that as the tickets were non-refundable, I needed to pay a service charge (£306) to get a voucher for the flights (to the value of £1009). So i did. I received email confirmation, a receipt and a credit note for the £1009 to use against a new booking. But when I tried to use the voucher, they told me it wasn't valid, i can't use it, they have no record of it or me paying for it. When I try to sort this out, I am told I must email via the website, so I do. I receive an email back asking me to call. So I do. When i call, I am told they cannot talk to me, i must email, so I do, and i get an email asking me to call. So i try again, and get told I must email... and round and round it goes. No one will speak to me, and every email receives a reply asking me to call. I sent them the receipt and the voucher but they refused to look at it saying they have no record of it and would never charge for a service fee. End result; no flight, no refund. I will never ever book with Royal Air Maroc again under any circumstances.
RouteLondon to Freetown via Casablanca
Date FlownOctober 2020

"How long is long enough?"

Not Verified | As a frequent traveler, it should be disappointing to any travel related business to hear they are by far a customers worst experience. It's been nearly 1 year while I wait for ticket to be refunded, 1 year. Just a moment ago, I got off the phone during my once a week call to the Royal Air Maroc customer service, asking if perhaps this is the week they will do the right thing and give me my money back. Sadly, no this isn't the week. The nice lady on the phone informed me it's only been 3 months since receiving my refund claim and that due to covid, things can take a bit longer. Well, let's start with the fact that the airline never notified me of the flight cancellation, and made zero effort to communicate with me regarding the cancellation, or credit or a refund for 6 months after they cancelled the flight. Once I finally reached out via phone call and email, I waited another several months with no reply. At this point, obviously frustrated, I began calling back more frequently and was finally notified that my refund claim was filed incorrectly and I had to file it again. So now nearly 1 year later, while chatting with this nice lady on the phone, she tells me that since I've only waited 3 months since my claim was re-filed, I simply haven't waited long enough. How long is long enough? At this point, it's pretty clear that I was essentially robbed by this airline, and the most frustrating part is that every time I call asking when they will do the right thing, they just smile and keep lying more. Beyond awful service, companies like this should be pursued criminally. While I don't wish anyone to go through such experiences, one look at Royal Air Maroc online reviews and the story becomes clear. I'm not the first and won't be the last. But hopefully, through reviews such as this and those of others who've been cheated, people will eventually avoid, avoid, avoid, until Royal Air Maroc does right by its customers, or goes out of business. While I'm sure there are great staff working for this company and certain aspects of this review should probably be rated higher than a 0, I refuse to be treated this way any longer.
RouteNew York to Geneva
Date FlownMarch 2020

"requesting a refund for this flight"

Trip Verified | This flight was canceled in June of 2020 and I have sent numerous messages to the airline requesting a refund for this flight. I still have been unable to travel.to these destinations and the airline has not responded to any of my dozen or more requests for an answer. Terrible customer service and consideration for their customers and doing the right thing.
RoutePorto to Casablanca
Date FlownJune 2020

"RAM use COVID 19 excuse to scam customers"

Not Verified | RAM use COVID 19 excuse to scam customers. If they can’t provide a service we paid for at lease refund back your client but do not promise to give a fake voucher or rebook and cancel flights whenever they want without letting you know and no proper answers or options. I was supposed to return to Dakar since May 22 and I am still here in Canada. 1 - Bad customer service, they never answer their phone here in Canada, I've tried 100 times a day over these past 5 days and nothing. 2 - Email reply, no accurate answers. 3 - do not provide you a flight option and the voucher that they are saying is valid for 18 months is fake which means you loose you money. Will never use them again and will not recommended to anybody I know.
RouteCanada to Dakar via Cassablanca
Date FlownNovember 2019

"not answering calls or emails"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Casablanca to Athens. I have never dealt with such an unprofessional airline company and I do travel a lot. My flight was cancelled and replaced with Istanbul instead of Athens. I mean do they expect me to go there? They are not answering any of my calls or emails. I have filed 2 refund claims already.
RouteCasablanca to Athens