Royal Air Maroc

"baggage has gone missing again"

Trip Verified | London to Bamako via Casablanca. I have just returned from Mali. Utterly shocking experience. Bags were missing for five days. To avoid answering questions, staff simply put the phone down. Bags finally turned up two days before I left to return to London, which I did yesterday. As I write, my baggage has gone missing again.
RouteLondon to Bamako via Casablanca

"gave me an aisle seat"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Algiers to Casablanca. I booked a window seat and I want to have my window seat. When i arrived to Algiers airport they changed my seat and gave me an aisle seat. It is unacceptable as i paid a huge amount to avoid any kind of change. When i told them so they told me i should’ve arrived earlier. They sell business class tickets and change whatever they want!
RouteAlgiers to Casablanca
Date FlownJuly 2019

"great attention from cabin crew"

(Morocco)

Not Verified | Paris to Casablanca. Great Flight. First I was upgraded to business class. I has great attention from the cabin crew. The cabin of the Boeing 787-8 is very nice (even if the new 787-9 cabin is even better). Very good meal was served. Departure on time, arrival before time. Entertainment of good quality (could be richer of renewed more often, indeed as a frequent flyer with RAM, I have seen almost all movies I am interested in). Priority Luggage respected and delivered first. Very happy to be a gold frequent flyer of RAM.
RouteParis to Casablanca
Date FlownJuly 2019

"unnecessarily curt and rude"

Trip Verified | A pretty horrible experience. At Casablanca airport, aircraft parked at a remote location necessitating a bus ride in high heat to the plane. Seats extremely uncomfortable. No matter how you sit, there is no comfort. Ringing the FA call button is futile because no one ever came. Seat belt sign was turned on for an inordinately long time due to mild turbulence which had dissipated, but the sign was kept on. My young child needed to use the bathroom and crew kept sending him back to his seat. I finally went with him and told them that either he used the washroom or peed in his pants. A male FA told me that there was turbulence. I said that at the moment there wasn't any and that my son would use the washroom quickly. He said to me, "how do you know there's no turbulence". I answered, "because I'm a pilot". He was unnecessarily curt and rude for no reason. One kid who must have been related to a crew member was sleeping in the closet with her legs protruding into the aisle. Completely unprofessional. Final gripe is that in Casablanca airport, you cannot use Morocan currency along with your credit card to get rid of your Moroccan money before leaving the country.
RouteCasablana to Washington
Date FlownJuly 2019

"staff rude and unhelpful"

Not Verified | I was going from Washington to Malaga via Casablanca. First flight (RAM219) from Dulles to Casablanca was fine (I was able to purchase an upgrade to business at the counter with no problem). The second flight (RAM984) from Casablanca to Malaga was delayed. We were given very little information. “You will receive information in 10 minutes.” Followed by the same announcement 3 times. 1 hour later, we boarded a bus where we sat for 20 minutes. Got onto RAM984 – a propeller jet – which was very dirty, smelt of fumes, and had insects on the interior window. The plane sat on the runway for a long time, attempted to take off and failed, and returned to the airport. We were disembarked and waited another 2 hours for a new plane (with no information from rude staff). Flight from Casablanca to DC (RAM218): I wanted to purchase an upgrade. Was told that “we don’t have a machine.” (the woman in front of me had been overbooked and was given a free upgrade.) The gate area was very crowded. They made a boarding announcement and there was no organization (see photo). No one told passengers where to go or what zones to use. Then, we waited. We were given the same RAM-standard statement, “You will receive information in 10 minutes.” This happened 2 times. People were getting very angry. Ground staff called security who came and stood at the counter looking menacing. Boarded the plane. Stayed on the ground for more than an hour with no information from flight crew. We could see mechanics staring up at the underside of the wing, not reassuring and most of the passengers around me were fearful to fly. We finally took off 3 hours after flight time. All the staff were rude and unhelpful. They didn’t speak. They turned their backs when I (and other passengers) asked questions. This whole experience has actually put me off of Morocco in general (and I wanted to travel there.)
RouteWashington to Malaga via Casablanca
Date FlownJuly 2019

"not recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | Washington to Casablanca. So our flight was supposed to leave at 10:00 pm Friday night. That tome comes and goes and it is not until after 11 pm that people are asking questions and getting no answers from the airline. Many people had connections they need to reach for various reasons that could have been met had the airline canceled the flight so that it would release reservations (our travel agent could not intervene because the flight was not declared canceled). Finally at 1:30 am we are informed that the flight is canceled and that they would take our contact info and reach out to us with more information later. Next morning we check our email and find out the new flight is scheduled for 12 noon. We rush back to the airport only to watch that time come and go with no explanations. Good customer service would give updates, offer snack a to the kids / families, try to make some appeasements to all the sleep deprived travelers. I would not recommend this airline if I were traveling to this region again.
RouteWashington to Casablanca
Date FlownJune 2019

"staff super friendly"

(Brazil)

Not Verified | São Paulo to Madrid via Casablanca. Good surprise! Great value for money, staff on the ground and in the air super friendly. You left at the right time, comfortable internal space, adequate onboard entertainment and pleasant dining. I recommend. Boa surpresa ! Otima relação custo beneficio, equipe em terra e no ar super simpatica. Saiu no horario certo, espaço interno confortavel, entretenimento a bordo adequado e refeições agradaveis. Recomendo.
RouteSão Paulo to Madrid via Casablanca
Date FlownMay 2019

"a wonderful experience"

Trip Verified | Washington to Rome via Casablanca. I had a wonderful experience with this airline. I was slightly worried at first because I hadn't heard of the airline before and I saw a bunch of negative reviews on some websites. Also, I was wondering if this airline was so much cheaper than other flights because it would have really bad service - but that was not the case at all. We saved nearly $300 compared to other flights - even other non-direct flights. The flights were orderly and on-time. The staff was extremely friendly. The meals were actually really great! We had two meals on the longer leg of our flight, plus some snacks and beverages and even had one meal on the shorter 2ish hour flight from Casablanca to Rome (and vice versa). The entertainment was great too - awesome selection of movies. No issues with luggage. If looking for a great value flight without compromising too much comfort or service, this is a great airline to choose! I recommend it!
AircraftBoeing 787/ 737-800
RouteWashington to Rome via Casablanca
Date FlownMay 2019

"Good service on board"

Trip Verified | Tangier to Amsterdam via Casablanca. Good service on board, the crew was very kind and did their best efforts to keep us satisfied. Plane was clean and the meal was good. Unfortunately the airport of Casablanca was very busy and the staff did not manage to coordinate the priority and regular lanes.
RouteTangier to Amsterdam via Casablanca
Date FlownAugust 2018

"original flight was cancelled"

Trip Verified | Sao Paulo to Casablanca. I flew with them in April 2019. First, my original flight was cancelled, but then they only re-booked the first leg of my new booking. Then they lost my bag for 14 days. They never answered any of my 4 emails. Their phone line were busy, never got to a person to talk to. The bag did show up May 6. My small personal bag that fit under the seat was not allowed, and was put in an overhead locker. They forgot my pre-ordered special meal, and breakfast was a piece of cheese on a bun. The inflight entertainment was very limited for me.
RouteSao Paulo to Casablanca