Royal Air Maroc

"Excellent service on board"

(Morocco)

Trip Verified | London to Casablanca. It was a pleasant flight. Very quick check-in. The embarquement was in time. Excellent service on board. Enjoyed the meal and beverage. Globally very satisfied.
RouteLondon to Casablanca
Date FlownMarch 2019

"a fabulous flight"

Not Verified | Montreal to Oujda. This was a fabulous flight. Excellent service and quality of food. The crew did an excellent job. I love to fly on this airline and appreciate the care they extend to me and my belongings. I will definitely fly with them again!
RouteMontreal to Oujda
Date FlownMarch 2019

"airport of Casablanca is a total mess"

Trip Verified | Porto to Montréal via Casablanca in August 2018. Horrible service. Due to some social tensions, they kept postponing the time of our flight. They had to cancel the first flight to rebook us on another one. Finally, we left 13 hours later. The process was so unorganized from the check-in to the boarding. Good luck if you try to reach their customer service, they will ignore you. Even the airport of Casablanca is a total mess.
RoutePorto to Montréal via Casablanca
Date FlownAugust 2018

"A quality service"

Trip Verified | Casablanca to Paris Orly. A quality service, a competitive price. Friendly staff, clean cabins. And a superb RAM boarding area in Casablanca. Not to mention a very good application for phones. FR: Un service qualité, un prix compétitif. Du personnel aimable, des cabines propres. Et une superbe zone d'embarquement RAM à Casablanca. Sans oublier une très bonne application pour les téléphones.
RouteCasablanca to Paris Orly
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"flight time has changed"

Trip Verified | This is the most unprofessional airline I have dealt with. They are sending me emails everyday that either the flight time has changed, or the flight duration changed from 4 hours to 6 hours and they added an additional 50 min transit. They are changing the flight time and I have a layover, the layover time keeps getting shorter which would increase my risk of missing the second flight. I wouldn't have booked the flight if I knew I would have 2 transits and two 6-hour long flights. It's almost like a scam, attracting the customers to book the flight with a convenient flight time and duration and transits and then changing everything about it and refusing to give you a refund even after talking to them on the phone for 3 hours.
RouteCairo to Berlin via Casablanca
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"the flight had departed"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Doha to Casablanca on 28 Oct 2018. Status shown on flight information display board had been "gate closed" from well beyond boarding time to time of departure. Once we landed in Doha we checked the flight information display board and headed to the gate shown. Status of the flight was shown as "gate closed". We reached the gate 30 minutes before boarding / 80 minutes before departure. We checked the flight information display board again, and the status shown was still the same "gate closed". The counter had been boarding passengers of other flights, but not AT217, since we reached the gate. We checked the board frequently and listened to announcements. There was never a single announcement about the flight. We checked with some ground staff and were told that the flight had departed. Complaint to the airline got me an accusation of late presentation.
RouteDoha to Casablanca
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Very nice experience"

(Niger)

Trip Verified | Dakar to Casablanca. Very nice experience! Very satisfied to travel with the Royal Air Maroc. An airline serving its customers. Bravo the RAM. You are the Best! | Très belle expérience! Très satisfait de voyager avec la Royal Air Maroc. Une compagnie aérienne au service de sa clientèle. Bravo la RAM. You are the Best !
RouteDakar to Casablanca
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"made huge improvements"

Not Verified | New York to London via Casablanca. Royal Air Maroc have really made huge improvements. I just had a wonderful flight from New York to Casablanca. The plane was brand new, with a gorgeous interior. The seats in business were comfortable and lie-flat. Great crew, too - very lovely and proud of their company. Food was good and plentiful. The flight from Casablanca to London was on an older plane. The interior was a little beaten up, but still a lovely crew. Casablanca was an easy airport to transfer - although the airport is old and not very nice.
RouteNew York to London via Casablanca
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"my favorite airline"

Trip Verified | Dakar to Montréal via Casablanca. I travel often with Royal Air Maroc its by far my favorite airline. Great flight and you can always enjoy your stay in Atlas hôtel or relax before your second flight. Its one of the best airline for quality/price. For sure there a room for improvement on customer focus attitude of the staff in Casablanca.
RouteDakar to Montréal via Casablanca
Date FlownDecember 2018

"would never fly RAM again"

Trip Verified | Marrakech to Doha via Casablanca. Marrakech to Casablanca was fine. All fine there, apart from having to walk across the tarmac and use steps to board. Same in Casablanca. Then the nightmare started. Separating of passengers connecting to international flights and those terminating in Casablanca was done outside the rear entry doors to the arrivals terminal. Passengers were jammed up against the side of the building standing in puddles of water waiting to have their passport and ticket examined by one of two officials who told them to go through either the international connections door or the domestic arrivals door. When another bus of disembarking passengers pulled up, there was no room for them to get off the bus and stand safely out of danger from passing airport vehicles. It was slow-moving mayhem. I’d imagine that people with tight connections missed their flights. I had a 3-hour layover, so once inside the terminal, I settled down to wait for AT216 to Doha. Luckily I checked the gate number several times as it was changed without notice or announcement shortly before boarding. Again we had to walk across the tarmac and climb stairs to board. Everything seemed fine as we taxied down the runway - then sat for about 20 minutes. Eventually an announcement was made that we were going back to the terminal, and we taxied back. A hoist/lift was wheeled out to the right-hand wing and several mechanics peered at a central flap which was elevated, and made calls on their mobile phones. So we sat for 3 hours 45 minutes! No announcements were made, no refreshments were given, nothing! Eventually I went to the galley to get some water and asked one of the male flight attendants what was happening. I was told there was a “technical services” problem, but that we should be leaving within 15 minutes. Well, that never happened. By that stage, people were getting tired and irritable. The two small children in front of me were screaming and crying. People started sleeping across three seats if they had a row to themselves. Eventually we were told to prepare for takeoff. The man behind me was still sleeping across three seats as we started taxiing down the runway, one of the flight attendants saw him, shook him awake and told him to buckle up. No safety briefing was given as we were just about to take off. As we took off, I had a clear view out the window of the wing and the flap which was still elevated. We made up 45 minutes in the air, but I still had to run through Doha airport to make my connection to Perth. I would never fly RAM again. I felt less than confident on a 6-hour flight with them as in my opinion the technical services issue did not appear to have been rectified. We were not kept informed as to what the problem with the aircraft was nor given refreshments on board while we waited for the problem to be fixed.
AircraftBoeing 737-800 / 787-8