Royal Air Maroc

"left my luggage in Casablanca"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | I had a flight 29th September from Casablanca to Gran Canaria. I chose this airline because it is only one direct flight from Maroc to Canarian islands. Royal air Maroc left my luggage in Casablanca (the same situation for more than 5 people from this flight). I could not connect to this company to check the delivery status of my luggage because the contact center is always busy as well as connection by an email. Moreover Iberia try to connect with Royal Maroc through internal system and ask about the lost luggage, so no feedback was received. Overall my holiday on Gran Canaria is damaged by this situation because all my things and essential are in luggage. I do not recommend to fly by Royal Air Maroc. The customer service is awful.
RouteCasablanca to Gran canaria
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"service of ground staff is disgusting"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | This was my first time making use of Royal Air Maroc and I would say it was my worst experience since I started flying 20 years ago. The cabin crew staff are really nice and they try to make the most of the situation, but the ground staff at Casablanca got angry at me for asking why my connection to Monrovia was delayed by 3 hours. The flight from Luanda to Casablanca offered 2 meals which both consisted of a dry roll with a slice of processed cheese, a yogurt and a cold deformed muffin. The food to Monrovia was much better and of a much better quality. Also, the plane from Luanda was old and needed maintenance, and sitting close to the toilet with the broken door meant I could smell everything. I then had a 12 hour layover in Casablanca, but the transit hotel was full from when I landed at 10am which meant I had sit on the airport for 12 hours with no place to just relax. The flight to Monrovia was then delayed by 3 hours and staff not once told us why but rather got angry and argued with us for asking why it was delayed. Only after some passenger vowed to shutdown the airport if our flight does not leave then ground staff appeared and angrily told us to board the plane. The service of ground staff is disgusting and they treat passenger like they are a nuisance to them rather than customers. They are rude, have no patience and just could not care about making the experience comfortable for passengers.
RouteLuanda to Monrovia via Casablanca
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"Not a drop of politeness"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Casablanca to Nairobi. This flight was my worst in 40 years of travel. I was notified one hour before flight time of changes - via email. Royal Air Maroc did not properly attach my travel agency booking. When I arrived at the ticket sales counter for assistance, there was a fury of angry female agents barking at customers in three languages. They sounded like dogs whose collars were too tight. Not a drop of politeness: angry, dismissive, indifferent and incompetent - without a drop of empathy for a traveler earring on a two day journey. Only a government sponsored employee could get away with this egregious deportment. I kept quiet - dodging the continuous barrage of daggers from these angry “ladies”. My only regret was that I didn’t video these proceedings - but knew these women would make sure I never got to my destination. As a medical doctor, I am baffled at this hostility. Eventually, a male supervisor was summoned to this fiasco - from his non-verbals, he was frustrated, but assuaged the employees. Was it necessary? I will not follow through with a repeat. Next time, Air France.
RouteCasablanca to Nairobi
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"very helpful and attentive"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Casablanca to Milan. Staff on board very helpful and attentive to the needs of passengers. I will certainly continue to use this company for my work / personal travels. Personale di bordo molto disponibile e attento all'esigenze dei passeggeri. Sicuramente continuerò ad usare questa compagnia per i mieri viaggi di lavoro/personali.
RouteCasablanca to Milan
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"very happy with my trips"

(Morocco)

Not Verified | Dakar to Casablanca. I am very happy with my trips with Royal Air Maroc. It is the company with which I travel for more than 10 years. I never had a problem with check-in or luggage, all my trips were fantastic. At the boarding the staff was very hospitable with the passengers. On board, the crew was welcoming, the flight was very pleasant.
RouteDakar to Casablanca
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"no explanation from ground crew"

(Morocco)

Trip Verified | Rabat to London in March 2018. Plane delayed, with no explanation from ground crew. I believe crew were smoking in the flight deck and the smell of cigarette in the cabin. Many passengers wanted to have their carry-ons right above their heads no matter how crowded the plane was, so many of them were making a scene when it was full. To make matters worse, some economy passengers even put their carry-ons in the business class overhead compartments, and the crew couldn't care less when business class passengers couldn't find a spot for their own. On the return flight from London we had to wait for an "important" passenger before we could pushback. Whenever I can, I fly Lufthansa, Emirates, Qatar depending on where I'm going. You may find a flight that ends being okay, so if you're okay taking that chance, sure.
RouteRabat to London
Date FlownMarch 2018

"making my flight so pleasant"

(Morocco)

Trip Verified | Casablanca to Istanbul return. Can't ask for a better company, Royal Air Maroc is the best and the crew for my both flights were so perfect. Thank you RAM for making my flight so pleasant.
RouteCasablanca to Istanbul
Date FlownAugust 2018

"Definitely recommended!"

Trip Verified | I had read bad reviews about Royal Air Maroc so I was pleasantly surprised! The flight from Manchester to Accra via Casablanca was fine, the food was good, there was entertainment available if you had a device to link to their wifi and all of my luggage made it! The security check at Casablanca was tense and chaotic but that is not the airlines fault. Definitely recommended!
RouteManchester to Accra via Casablanca
Date FlownAugust 2018

"they haven't paid a dime"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Stockholm to Marrakech via Casablanca. They cancelled the flight last October with two days notice, without offering even a reason or trying to rebook me on another flight. Customer care was initially trying to help, but unable to do so. They agreed to repay the ticket price (this was 9 months ago) but they haven't paid a dime. Every time I call them they promise to repay the money, but now they just hang up when I describe my issue. I finally managed to buy the last business class ticket with another airline going to Morocco, but I still had my Royal Air Maroc tickets when leaving Morocco. That flight was not luckily not cancelled, but seat was dirty and ground staff careless.
RouteStockholm to Marrakech via Casablanca
Date FlownOctober 2017

"They lost my bag"

(Italy)

Not Verified | They lost my bag. Call center was busy all the time, unable to contact them. No priority boarding row for business class in Casablanca: stood in line for 30min at the gate and 10min on the stairs of the plane. When asked for explanation ignored by ground personel! Seat was filthy, tray table dirty, not cleaned from previous flight leaving Casablanca.
RouteMilan to Accra via Casablanca