Royal Air Maroc

"would never fly RAM again"

Trip Verified | Marrakech to Doha via Casablanca. Marrakech to Casablanca was fine. All fine there, apart from having to walk across the tarmac and use steps to board. Same in Casablanca. Then the nightmare started. Separating of passengers connecting to international flights and those terminating in Casablanca was done outside the rear entry doors to the arrivals terminal. Passengers were jammed up against the side of the building standing in puddles of water waiting to have their passport and ticket examined by one of two officials who told them to go through either the international connections door or the domestic arrivals door. When another bus of disembarking passengers pulled up, there was no room for them to get off the bus and stand safely out of danger from passing airport vehicles. It was slow-moving mayhem. I’d imagine that people with tight connections missed their flights. I had a 3-hour layover, so once inside the terminal, I settled down to wait for AT216 to Doha. Luckily I checked the gate number several times as it was changed without notice or announcement shortly before boarding. Again we had to walk across the tarmac and climb stairs to board. Everything seemed fine as we taxied down the runway - then sat for about 20 minutes. Eventually an announcement was made that we were going back to the terminal, and we taxied back. A hoist/lift was wheeled out to the right-hand wing and several mechanics peered at a central flap which was elevated, and made calls on their mobile phones. So we sat for 3 hours 45 minutes! No announcements were made, no refreshments were given, nothing! Eventually I went to the galley to get some water and asked one of the male flight attendants what was happening. I was told there was a “technical services” problem, but that we should be leaving within 15 minutes. Well, that never happened. By that stage, people were getting tired and irritable. The two small children in front of me were screaming and crying. People started sleeping across three seats if they had a row to themselves. Eventually we were told to prepare for takeoff. The man behind me was still sleeping across three seats as we started taxiing down the runway, one of the flight attendants saw him, shook him awake and told him to buckle up. No safety briefing was given as we were just about to take off. As we took off, I had a clear view out the window of the wing and the flap which was still elevated. We made up 45 minutes in the air, but I still had to run through Doha airport to make my connection to Perth. I would never fly RAM again. I felt less than confident on a 6-hour flight with them as in my opinion the technical services issue did not appear to have been rectified. We were not kept informed as to what the problem with the aircraft was nor given refreshments on board while we waited for the problem to be fixed.
AircraftBoeing 737-800 / 787-8
RouteMarrakech to Doha via Casablanca
Date FlownNovember 2018

"very pleased with my experience"

Trip Verified | Madrid to Casablanca. Excellent experience; this was my first time flying Royal Air Maroc, and I am very pleased with them. The aircraft arrived to the gate on time, and we boarded and departed on time. The seats were clean and comfortable. One of the things that very pleasantly surprised me is that, despite the fact that this flight is barely 1.5 hours, the flight attendants served a delicious, hot meal, complete with beverages. You'll never get anything more than peanuts or pretzels on a domestic flight in America, so imagine my surprise! The flight attendants were polite, friendly, and courteous. The in-flight entertainment was displayed on drop-down screens (old school Charlie Chaplin, so it was family friendly), but I wasn't going to complain about the lack of entertainment options on this short of a flight. You can also access WiFi on your phone, so there are definitely some options. The plane ride was smooth, and there were no issues with debarking and picking up my luggage. Overall, I am very pleased with my experience, and highly recommend my family, friends, and others to fly with Royal Air Maroc. I will definitely be flying with them in the near future.
RouteMadrid to Casablanca
Date FlownNovember 2018

"a lot of effort in recent years"

(Morocco)

Trip Verified | Casablanca to Barcelona. RAM has made a lot of effort in recent years. It is the fault of other operators at airports, such as the delivery of luggage, delays etc. So let us be indulgent at times, and let's not say that bad things. You also have to share the positive, which will push the teams in place to do much more work. FR: RAM a fait beaucoup d'efforts ces dernières années avec peu de moyens et une concurrence de plus en plus féroce. Et ce qu'il faut savoir, c'est qu'on responsabilise souvent la compagnie, alors que c'est aussi la faute des autres opérateurs dans les aéroports, tels que la livraison de bagages, les retards etc... Soyons donc indulgents par moments, et ne disons pas que les mauvaises choses. Il faut savoir partager aussi le positif, ce qui poussera les équipes en place à faire beaucoup plus d'éfforts.
RouteCasablanca to Barcelona
Date FlownNovember 2018

"significantly improved its services"

(Mauritania)

Trip Verified | La compagnie a nettement amélioré ses services à terre et en cabine. L'enregistrement est fluide est disponible à n'importe quel moment. Les bagages arrivent à temps et intacts ! J'aime aussi leur programme de fidélisation : des courriels interessants, des messages personnalisés, un suivi régulier, des billets bonus et autres avantages. Vraiment Bravo! - The company has significantly improved its services on land and in the cabin. Fluent recording is available at any time. The luggage arrives on time and intact! I also like their loyalty program: interesting emails, personalized messages, regular follow-up, bonus tickets and other benefits. Congratulations!
RouteCasablanca to Nouakchott
Date FlownNovember 2018

"I never received the money"

Trip Verified | Montreal to Casablanca in April 2017. The flight was pretty good. I have no complains regarding that. My issue started when I was refused boarding on my way back. The reason that was given to me was that the flight was overbooked and they looked for volunteers to take the flight the next day. As a solo traveller I agreed to collaborate to help out, even though I was a losing a day of work. I was given a paper with which I would have to claim a compensation when I would be back in my town. When I began the process back at home, it seemed to go well at first. They answered e-mails and they had to reimburse me 75% of my ticket cost. Then they made me give them my bank details and then I never heard from them again. I could not reach them or the line would be cut as when you call them, you're probably redirected to Morocco itself. It is very hard to hear and understand. The representatives are not very nice or patient either. I was directed to the local office in Montreal where the only lady working there never returned my messages and she is never there. I simply gave up after having wasted quite a bit of time and effort. So, I never received the money and now I never want to fly with this company again. I am a frequent traveller and I never complain. This time, I felt I had to share my unique bad experience with an air company. I have never seen this before.
RouteMontreal to Casablanca
Date FlownApril 2017

"Entertainment did not work"

Trip Verified | Casablanca to New York. Our Entertainment system did not work for the 8 hour flight. We could not even turn on the overhead light to read. The staff argued with us.
RouteCasablanca to New York
Date FlownNovember 2018

"return trip was as amazing"

Trip Verified | I traveled with my son Adam from Casablanca to New York and my return trip was as amazing and comforting as my departure trip. The crew members were super nice, I’ll forever travel with Royal Air Maroc. Thank you and I appreciate you all.
RouteCasablanca to New York
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"left my luggage in Casablanca"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | I had a flight 29th September from Casablanca to Gran Canaria. I chose this airline because it is only one direct flight from Maroc to Canarian islands. Royal air Maroc left my luggage in Casablanca (the same situation for more than 5 people from this flight). I could not connect to this company to check the delivery status of my luggage because the contact center is always busy as well as connection by an email. Moreover Iberia try to connect with Royal Maroc through internal system and ask about the lost luggage, so no feedback was received. Overall my holiday on Gran Canaria is damaged by this situation because all my things and essential are in luggage. I do not recommend to fly by Royal Air Maroc. The customer service is awful.
RouteCasablanca to Gran canaria
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"service of ground staff is disgusting"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | This was my first time making use of Royal Air Maroc and I would say it was my worst experience since I started flying 20 years ago. The cabin crew staff are really nice and they try to make the most of the situation, but the ground staff at Casablanca got angry at me for asking why my connection to Monrovia was delayed by 3 hours. The flight from Luanda to Casablanca offered 2 meals which both consisted of a dry roll with a slice of processed cheese, a yogurt and a cold deformed muffin. The food to Monrovia was much better and of a much better quality. Also, the plane from Luanda was old and needed maintenance, and sitting close to the toilet with the broken door meant I could smell everything. I then had a 12 hour layover in Casablanca, but the transit hotel was full from when I landed at 10am which meant I had sit on the airport for 12 hours with no place to just relax. The flight to Monrovia was then delayed by 3 hours and staff not once told us why but rather got angry and argued with us for asking why it was delayed. Only after some passenger vowed to shutdown the airport if our flight does not leave then ground staff appeared and angrily told us to board the plane. The service of ground staff is disgusting and they treat passenger like they are a nuisance to them rather than customers. They are rude, have no patience and just could not care about making the experience comfortable for passengers.
RouteLuanda to Monrovia via Casablanca
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"Not a drop of politeness"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Casablanca to Nairobi. This flight was my worst in 40 years of travel. I was notified one hour before flight time of changes - via email. Royal Air Maroc did not properly attach my travel agency booking. When I arrived at the ticket sales counter for assistance, there was a fury of angry female agents barking at customers in three languages. They sounded like dogs whose collars were too tight. Not a drop of politeness: angry, dismissive, indifferent and incompetent - without a drop of empathy for a traveler earring on a two day journey. Only a government sponsored employee could get away with this egregious deportment. I kept quiet - dodging the continuous barrage of daggers from these angry “ladies”. My only regret was that I didn’t video these proceedings - but knew these women would make sure I never got to my destination. As a medical doctor, I am baffled at this hostility. Eventually, a male supervisor was summoned to this fiasco - from his non-verbals, he was frustrated, but assuaged the employees. Was it necessary? I will not follow through with a repeat. Next time, Air France.
RouteCasablanca to Nairobi