Royal Air Maroc

"flight time has changed"

Trip Verified | This is the most unprofessional airline I have dealt with. They are sending me emails everyday that either the flight time has changed, or the flight duration changed from 4 hours to 6 hours and they added an additional 50 min transit. They are changing the flight time and I have a layover, the layover time keeps getting shorter which would increase my risk of missing the second flight. I wouldn't have booked the flight if I knew I would have 2 transits and two 6-hour long flights. It's almost like a scam, attracting the customers to book the flight with a convenient flight time and duration and transits and then changing everything about it and refusing to give you a refund even after talking to them on the phone for 3 hours.
RouteCairo to Berlin via Casablanca
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"the flight had departed"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Doha to Casablanca on 28 Oct 2018. Status shown on flight information display board had been "gate closed" from well beyond boarding time to time of departure. Once we landed in Doha we checked the flight information display board and headed to the gate shown. Status of the flight was shown as "gate closed". We reached the gate 30 minutes before boarding / 80 minutes before departure. We checked the flight information display board again, and the status shown was still the same "gate closed". The counter had been boarding passengers of other flights, but not AT217, since we reached the gate. We checked the board frequently and listened to announcements. There was never a single announcement about the flight. We checked with some ground staff and were told that the flight had departed. Complaint to the airline got me an accusation of late presentation.
RouteDoha to Casablanca
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Very nice experience"

(Niger)

Trip Verified | Dakar to Casablanca. Very nice experience! Very satisfied to travel with the Royal Air Maroc. An airline serving its customers. Bravo the RAM. You are the Best! | Très belle expérience! Très satisfait de voyager avec la Royal Air Maroc. Une compagnie aérienne au service de sa clientèle. Bravo la RAM. You are the Best !
RouteDakar to Casablanca
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"made huge improvements"

Not Verified | New York to London via Casablanca. Royal Air Maroc have really made huge improvements. I just had a wonderful flight from New York to Casablanca. The plane was brand new, with a gorgeous interior. The seats in business were comfortable and lie-flat. Great crew, too - very lovely and proud of their company. Food was good and plentiful. The flight from Casablanca to London was on an older plane. The interior was a little beaten up, but still a lovely crew. Casablanca was an easy airport to transfer - although the airport is old and not very nice.
RouteNew York to London via Casablanca
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"my favorite airline"

Trip Verified | Dakar to Montréal via Casablanca. I travel often with Royal Air Maroc its by far my favorite airline. Great flight and you can always enjoy your stay in Atlas hôtel or relax before your second flight. Its one of the best airline for quality/price. For sure there a room for improvement on customer focus attitude of the staff in Casablanca.
RouteDakar to Montréal via Casablanca
Date FlownDecember 2018

"would never fly RAM again"

Trip Verified | Marrakech to Doha via Casablanca. Marrakech to Casablanca was fine. All fine there, apart from having to walk across the tarmac and use steps to board. Same in Casablanca. Then the nightmare started. Separating of passengers connecting to international flights and those terminating in Casablanca was done outside the rear entry doors to the arrivals terminal. Passengers were jammed up against the side of the building standing in puddles of water waiting to have their passport and ticket examined by one of two officials who told them to go through either the international connections door or the domestic arrivals door. When another bus of disembarking passengers pulled up, there was no room for them to get off the bus and stand safely out of danger from passing airport vehicles. It was slow-moving mayhem. I’d imagine that people with tight connections missed their flights. I had a 3-hour layover, so once inside the terminal, I settled down to wait for AT216 to Doha. Luckily I checked the gate number several times as it was changed without notice or announcement shortly before boarding. Again we had to walk across the tarmac and climb stairs to board. Everything seemed fine as we taxied down the runway - then sat for about 20 minutes. Eventually an announcement was made that we were going back to the terminal, and we taxied back. A hoist/lift was wheeled out to the right-hand wing and several mechanics peered at a central flap which was elevated, and made calls on their mobile phones. So we sat for 3 hours 45 minutes! No announcements were made, no refreshments were given, nothing! Eventually I went to the galley to get some water and asked one of the male flight attendants what was happening. I was told there was a “technical services” problem, but that we should be leaving within 15 minutes. Well, that never happened. By that stage, people were getting tired and irritable. The two small children in front of me were screaming and crying. People started sleeping across three seats if they had a row to themselves. Eventually we were told to prepare for takeoff. The man behind me was still sleeping across three seats as we started taxiing down the runway, one of the flight attendants saw him, shook him awake and told him to buckle up. No safety briefing was given as we were just about to take off. As we took off, I had a clear view out the window of the wing and the flap which was still elevated. We made up 45 minutes in the air, but I still had to run through Doha airport to make my connection to Perth. I would never fly RAM again. I felt less than confident on a 6-hour flight with them as in my opinion the technical services issue did not appear to have been rectified. We were not kept informed as to what the problem with the aircraft was nor given refreshments on board while we waited for the problem to be fixed.
AircraftBoeing 737-800 / 787-8
RouteMarrakech to Doha via Casablanca
Date FlownNovember 2018

"very pleased with my experience"

Trip Verified | Madrid to Casablanca. Excellent experience; this was my first time flying Royal Air Maroc, and I am very pleased with them. The aircraft arrived to the gate on time, and we boarded and departed on time. The seats were clean and comfortable. One of the things that very pleasantly surprised me is that, despite the fact that this flight is barely 1.5 hours, the flight attendants served a delicious, hot meal, complete with beverages. You'll never get anything more than peanuts or pretzels on a domestic flight in America, so imagine my surprise! The flight attendants were polite, friendly, and courteous. The in-flight entertainment was displayed on drop-down screens (old school Charlie Chaplin, so it was family friendly), but I wasn't going to complain about the lack of entertainment options on this short of a flight. You can also access WiFi on your phone, so there are definitely some options. The plane ride was smooth, and there were no issues with debarking and picking up my luggage. Overall, I am very pleased with my experience, and highly recommend my family, friends, and others to fly with Royal Air Maroc. I will definitely be flying with them in the near future.
RouteMadrid to Casablanca
Date FlownNovember 2018

"a lot of effort in recent years"

(Morocco)

Trip Verified | Casablanca to Barcelona. RAM has made a lot of effort in recent years. It is the fault of other operators at airports, such as the delivery of luggage, delays etc. So let us be indulgent at times, and let's not say that bad things. You also have to share the positive, which will push the teams in place to do much more work. FR: RAM a fait beaucoup d'efforts ces dernières années avec peu de moyens et une concurrence de plus en plus féroce. Et ce qu'il faut savoir, c'est qu'on responsabilise souvent la compagnie, alors que c'est aussi la faute des autres opérateurs dans les aéroports, tels que la livraison de bagages, les retards etc... Soyons donc indulgents par moments, et ne disons pas que les mauvaises choses. Il faut savoir partager aussi le positif, ce qui poussera les équipes en place à faire beaucoup plus d'éfforts.
RouteCasablanca to Barcelona
Date FlownNovember 2018

"significantly improved its services"

(Mauritania)

Trip Verified | La compagnie a nettement amélioré ses services à terre et en cabine. L'enregistrement est fluide est disponible à n'importe quel moment. Les bagages arrivent à temps et intacts ! J'aime aussi leur programme de fidélisation : des courriels interessants, des messages personnalisés, un suivi régulier, des billets bonus et autres avantages. Vraiment Bravo! - The company has significantly improved its services on land and in the cabin. Fluent recording is available at any time. The luggage arrives on time and intact! I also like their loyalty program: interesting emails, personalized messages, regular follow-up, bonus tickets and other benefits. Congratulations!
RouteCasablanca to Nouakchott
Date FlownNovember 2018

"I never received the money"

Trip Verified | Montreal to Casablanca in April 2017. The flight was pretty good. I have no complains regarding that. My issue started when I was refused boarding on my way back. The reason that was given to me was that the flight was overbooked and they looked for volunteers to take the flight the next day. As a solo traveller I agreed to collaborate to help out, even though I was a losing a day of work. I was given a paper with which I would have to claim a compensation when I would be back in my town. When I began the process back at home, it seemed to go well at first. They answered e-mails and they had to reimburse me 75% of my ticket cost. Then they made me give them my bank details and then I never heard from them again. I could not reach them or the line would be cut as when you call them, you're probably redirected to Morocco itself. It is very hard to hear and understand. The representatives are not very nice or patient either. I was directed to the local office in Montreal where the only lady working there never returned my messages and she is never there. I simply gave up after having wasted quite a bit of time and effort. So, I never received the money and now I never want to fly with this company again. I am a frequent traveller and I never complain. This time, I felt I had to share my unique bad experience with an air company. I have never seen this before.
RouteMontreal to Casablanca