Qantas Airways

Qantas Airways customer review

My husband and I recently flew from Sydney to Bangkok with Qantas. It is many years since we have flown with this carrier usually flying with Emirates which we consider to have superior service. It was interesting for us to conclude at the end of the Qantas trip that our opinion has not changed unfortunately. The attendants on Emirates are in our opinion more obliging more approachable and must I say a lot younger maybe explaining their increased enthusiasm for their job. This is an observation that we could not help but notice. At the end of the day customer service should be the main priority of these employees and if the enthusiasm and motivation to deliver this service has waned the company has a problem. Flight attendants are the face of the company and can spoil the customer's experience if service is not delivered in an obliging friendly manner.

(New Zealand)

In the past 2 years have booked 6 domestic and 2 international flights. 3 of the domestic and both international flights were cancelled. They rebooked my flights and generally happy but on 1 domestic flight they had actually called for boarding when flight cancelled. Staff disappeared and general announcement made to collect baggage and book on next available. Chaos. Poor inflight service domestic and international. Won't ever fly with them again.

Qantas Airways customer review

Queenstown to Sydney on a new 737-800 in a full business class cabin. Check-in was quick and easy although we had to wait a few minutes for the check-in counters to open which in Queenstown happens 2 hours before departure. Qantas don't have a lounge at this airport but we were given invitations to the ANZ Koru Lounge which is located before the security screening area. It's a comfy lounge with fairly basic catering but a decent selection of beers wines and other drinks in the fridge hot soup breads cheeses and other snacks and good views of the tarmac and airstrip. The flight boarded on time and we were greeted on the aircraft by the smiling CSM. Pre- departure bubbly coats hung safety briefing done and we were away on time. Throughout this short flight the service was faultless the wines were good the food was nicely presented generous in portions and very tasty and we even managed to watch a movie on the seat-back AVOD system. Noise cancelling head sets were provided when we boarded along with a blanket pillow and menu. We found the leather recliner seats to be comfortable enough and although they obviously don't hold a candle to the Emirates A380 product that flies between Australia and NZ they were adequate for a comfortable flight across the ditch. Arrival into Sydney was on time there were no queues at immigration or customs and for the first time the SmartGate worked for both of us! Our priority baggage was on the belt after the first few bags and we were out of the terminal within 15-20 minutes of landing. This was Qantas at its best and we enjoyed the flight very much.

Qantas Airways customer review

Melbourne to Sydney - 22 November. My flight was cancelled due to an event outside the control of Qantas a severe storm in Sydney. However I was impressed by the courteous and efficient way the problem was handled. I was transferred to another flight and the delayed luggage was delivered to my hotel. The flight itself was very enjoyable. A good dinner which included free drinks.

Qantas Airways customer review

Sydney - Los Angeles on QF 11 the Airbus A380 on a first-class Oneworld award I had booked way back in January for November travel. I'm picky but this is everything I wanted it to be. Highlights were probably the Sydney First Class lounge plus wonderful caring service onboard great food and a comfortable seat with large flatbed convertible sleeping accommodations. Also just loved the in-flight entertainment particularly the ability to view the tail-mounted "Sky Cam" throughout the entire flight. Performance was on-time too. So were there any nits at all? Well the boarding music was a little funky for my tastes and the flight attendant kept lapsing into calling me "Mr. Murphy" rather than "Mr. Murray" (until I finally corrected her) but heck so many airlines don't even try to use one's name anymore. Probably the best flight I've had.
Seat TypeFirst Class

Qantas Airways customer review

MEL-PER A330. I fly with QF frequently but this has got to be the best trip I have taken. Crew were friendly and fantastic. Food was best plane food I have had. Entertainment has got to be the best I have seen on board an aircraft. Never bored. Seats felt new even though the plane was 6 years old. They where extremely comfortable. Air show system is still my favourite. Only compliant is the QF club in MEL does not have enough seat. On time performance was like clockwork.

Qantas Airways customer review

The crew were very proud of their brand new aircraft fresh from Seattle - as per the Captain's announcement! A lovely flight to be on with friendly attentive and efficient crew. Great snacks and on time departure! Will definitely choose Qantas on my future flights to Adelaide.

Qantas Airways customer review

On-time departure attentive efficient service. Tasty in-flight meal and great entertainment. The aircraft and the crew were well-appointed.. Definitely will travel Qantas for business or leisure in the future.

Qantas Airways customer review

Flew QF7 SYD to Dallas 16th November 2013 in premium economy. Friendly flight crew as we boarded via priority boarding in Sydney. Sparkling wine OJ water offered by friendly flight attendant. This is a long flight of almost 15 hours that went much quicker than one would expect. Possibly due to plenty of food and great wine. Premium economy is very similar to domestic business class. The fact Qantas offer snacks including toasted sandwiches at any time during flight really equals business minus not economy plus. Seat comfortable and highly rate row 36 bulk head seats with plenty of room. Overall a great flight with okay service.

Qantas Airways customer review

DXB to LHR on A380 Economy Class. I picked up an inexpensive Emirates flight to Hong Kong and one of my options for the DXB to LHR leg was to fly on a code share flight operated by Qantas. I have never flown on the A380 nor have I experienced Qantas before I decided to take this option rather than stick with Emirates for the whole return journey. Sadly I have to say that this was a mistake. Emirates outshines Qantas in just about every respect. The first problem was not of Qantas's making insofar as we were delayed by over 2 hours in Dubai because of the late arrival of flight QF1 from Sydney. Obviously this is beyond the control of the airline. Embarkation was pretty chaotic. There was no call for families with younger children to board first resulting in kids blocking the gangways and frustrated parents attempting to get them into their seats before other passengers came along. Seats in economy are a little wider but they also seem to be lower so I was constantly scraping my shines when trying to extend my legs under the seat in front. There really does not seem to be much room from the seated position to the back of the seat in front of you especially if the person in front decides to recline their seat so watching a movie is not very comfortable. The entertainment on offer is nowhere near that offered by Emirates and as for the food – the best way to describe it was inedible. For supper the offering was a chicken filled wrap and tea or coffee. I know that airline food in economy is hardly considered gourmet class but this offering was disgusting. In comparison the Emirates flight from HKG to DXB offered a fish dish on Thai noodles or a beef bourguignon together with dessert and cheese and a granary bread roll a lot better than a floury disgusting wrap. The inflight entertainment on Qantas can best be described as adequate. Emirates entertainment is far superior. Finally a word or two about the cabin crew. On Emirates the crew members seem to want to help you. On the flight I have just taken it seemed like an Imposition to ask for anything. The crew were all in the galley area and I wandered down to see if I could get a cup of coffee. The looks I got from one stewardess in particular seemed to scream that I was being a pain. I am sorry to be so scathing about Qantas. I was looking forward to the experience of flying with them. Sad to say the expectation greatly exceeded the reality and Emirates will get my custom for all the legs on my next trip to the Far East or beyond.