Qantas Airways

"Qantas you are pathetic"

Not Verified | Bangkok to Sydney. Late boarding of aircraft as Qantas crew stuck in heavy traffic in Bangkok. Due to this failed to get 9.00am plane from Sydney to Melbourne. Breakfast not served in economy class as Qantas claimed too much turbulence. This can only happen with "the spirit of Australia" - Qantas you are pathetic. I will never fly with you again.
RouteBangkok to Sydney
Date FlownDecember 2018

"back to Qatar Airways for me"

Not Verified | Perth to Singapore and onto London. Baggage at check in was 44kg - 4 kg over allotted weight but I had no hand luggage (7kg) allowed. Check in staff made me take clothes out at desk to get it to allotted weight and gave me a carrier bag - wonder why Qantas doesn’t have many business class passengers. Went into lounge and no alcohol allowed but can buy some in the rest of the airport - nice to be treated like an irresponsible child - back to Qatar Airways for me.
RoutePerth to London via Singapore

"Absolutely dreadful"

Trip Verified | Perth to Singapore. Absolutely dreadful, we asked specifically if there was restaurants & duty free at the Qantas international departures as we had quite a bit of time to fill, and we assured there were lots. There is a tiny out of stock duty free and a Black Wood “restaurant” which did not serve hot food as "the chef is not here". Terrible service, a disgrace for an international airport! My husband was travelling for business my son and I going on holiday. No children play area
RoutePerth to Singapore
Date FlownDecember 2018

"no air conditioning for relief"

Trip Verified | Cairns to Sydney Via Brisbane. To start off, the plane was sitting in 36 Degree heat on the tarmac with no air conditioning for relief. All passengers were so hot you would be sweating even if you weren't moving around. Cabin were doing their best to make sure customers were comfortable in the unbearable heat. Not much catering on the flight and IFE was quite limited which is due to aircraft type. Departure and arrival was on time, a very reliable service.
AircraftBoeing 717-200 / Boeing 737-800
RouteCairns to Sydney via Brisbane

"Rude, totally unwelcoming"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Singapore on QF 35 on 20th November with my wife. There was a slight delay at the departure from Melbourne and when we got into the aircraft we were quite surprised to see the poor state of the cabin. The chairs still had food particles left from the previous flight and the tray tables were not wiped. Both our chairs had faulty reclining options. (52D/E) Since we were going on a holiday our spirits were very high positive so we ignored the poor cabin condition and sat on our seats. Then came the cabin crew with the meal service and they were an absolute match to the state of the cabin. Rude, totally unwelcoming and they were under the impression that they are doing us a favor. I got the feeling like we are travelling as a bunch of prisoners being transported from one country to another. No customer service at all. Also during the service my wife asked for a certain cocktail and the stewardess looked at her very sarcastically then laughed and offered a different one. They were also skipping passengers during the tea/Coffee service and rushed through that service. We finally arrived in Singapore and I was much relieved to leave that hostile environment. Approximately 2 weeks later we had to fly back home from Singapore on the 4th December. Singapore to Melbourne on QF 38. I must admit the consistency Qantas proved with poor cabin status and crew behavior was astounding. SIN/MEL sector my tray table was not cleaned and had some visible oily residue on it which I had to clean. The cabin crew that served in my area were unsmiling, arrogant and gave the impression that they are not happy to do their job and we the passengers are a nuisance. I felt very uncomfortable to just ask for a glass of water because most of the crew that worked in my area looked so grumpy. I must admit there was one stewardess that came for a short while maybe from business class to help and she was very pleasant. The meals that they serve for 7+ hour flight was a joke. There’s a hot snack they serve after takeoff and 2 hrs before landing to Melbourne the choice of food was an over cooked omelette or a plain fruit bowl. Come on people the hot omelette just comes by itself and no yogurt or fruit to accompany it. I have flown with Emirates, Singapore Airlines, Sri Lankan airlines in the same MEL/SIN/MEL sector and the customer service and the choice of meals serve these other airlines provide are far superior to Qantas. I would sincerely hope that Qantas will take these complaints seriously and ensure that proper service is given to the passengers in these flights.
RouteMelbourne to Singapore
Date FlownDecember 2018

"best described as unprofessional"

(Sri Lanka)

Trip Verified | Sydney to Perth in August 2018. Prepare to experience service that can be best defined as ‘two flavored’. While my outbound flight from Sydney was excellent, the staff on the inbound flight from Perth were below average. While some were very courteous, a majority of the team was unfriendly and were even seen yawning in the cabin during the meal service. I don’t think there is a more direct way of telling your passengers ‘I’d really rather not be serving you’. The tray table had filth from the previous flight which was promptly cleaned after notifying this to the staff. Furthermore, about 30 minuted before landing, to everyone’s misfortune, a drunk passenger started harassing passengers in the rear economy section and shouted offensive slurs. This is not the fault of Qantas, obviously, but the way the crew handled this situation is at best described as unprofessional. Clearly clueless and inexperienced on how to deal with such a situation. The upside of the flight is the entertainment system, I am thoroughly impressed by the way in which even on domestic sectors, there is an extensive selection of movies to keep you entertained for the full duration of the flight. Food is palatable but Qantas has served better meals.
AircraftA330-200
RoutePerth to Sydney
Date FlownAugust 2018

"a complete let down"

Trip Verified | Brisbane to Los Angeles. The Dreamliner and service by Qantas was a complete letdown. Firstly, Qantas didn't pre board families with children. Things went downhill from there. Even though we paid for seat selection, it was not honoured and we ended up with seats at the very back. Qantas have refused to refund as apparently these seats are in the same class as row 56 which we chose. I think not, who would choose the back row? The seats hardly reclined and were rock hard. The kids meals were inedible. Two of my 3 children are Autistic, and no help was offered, or given when my youngest child was sick. The constant flushing of toilets and loud conversations from cabin staff kept my children awake. This was a 14 hour nightmare journey. I would much prefer to fly on an A380 than this little plane. It may have pretty internal lighting and automatic shades on the windows, but this doesn't make up for the fact that space is tight and the seats are shocking. The better than you attitude of Qantas staff was just the icing on the cake. Never again.
RouteBrisbane to Los Angeles
Date FlownNovember 2018

"needs to step up its game"

Trip Verified | Sydney To Brisbane Via Cairns. The trip started with a visit to the Lounge for some much needed breakfast. Both flights were on perfect schedule with boarding really efficient and prioritising premium passengers during the process. The inflight service was average, nothing great about the catering either. IFE was good, just lack options and as for the Cabin Crew, no one really stood out. Qantas really needs to step up its game to keep up with the world's leading airlines.
RouteSydney to Cairns via Brisbane
Date FlownNovember 2018

"very reluctant to help me"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Brisbane via Townsville. Was going to arrive late for this flight due to unforeseen circumstances and could not even locate a number to alert the check in desk that I would be on the flight but was late (by late I mean, I would arrive twenty minutes prior to aircraft departure). When I arrived, there was no check in worker to alert the gate of my late arrival and as such I arrived at the gate two minutes after boarding had closed. With the aircraft sitting still on the tarmac for another ten minutes, I pleaded with crew to assist me as I was there but they were very reluctant to help me and did not offer any help in rescheduling me a flight beyond telling me I could sit at the gate and look up other flights. Will never attempt to fly with Qantas again and do not recommend this airline to anyone who apparently does not possess the ability to see into the future and predict if they will be late.
RouteSydney to Brisbane via Townsville
Date FlownNovember 2018

"happy with the service offered"

Not Verified | Melbourne to Sydney. As our recovery flight from Jetstar was sent to Qantas our boarding passes were not forwarded in the system. Staff helped us recover our passes despite it not being their fault on their end. They assisted us, supported us and offered us a different flight, flying 45 minutes after our original one that Jetstar has poorly ‘organised’. Extremely happy with the service offered especially from these two lovely air hostess’. Will definitely be flying again with Qantas after this great service.
RouteMelbourne to Sydney