Qantas Airways

"product was definitely dated"

Trip Verified | Sydney To Hong Kong. Due to Fog blanketing Sydney, there was a delay with the Aircraft arriving for on time departure. The delay was around 2 hours though arrival into Hong Kong was only 1 hour later then expected. I chose to fly this route for the start of my holiday as it would most likely be the last time I will fly this aircraft before Qantas retires them like the majority of the industry. Hard product was definitely dated but it still had its charm. Catering was well done, better then the last time I flew to Hong Kong. The Cabin staff weren't amazing but they were present and helpful when needed. Overall, a solid offering.
RouteSydney to Hong Kong
Date FlownOctober 2018

"will never fly Qantas again"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Singapore via Perth. I am a one world emerald frequent flyer. The reason I am willing to pay more by flying Qantas rather than cheaper competition is because I get lounge access, priority and I get to pick my seats. I got to do none of this because part of the trip is done by another airline. I will never fly Qantas again, just not worth it.
RouteBangkok to Singapore via Perth
Date FlownOctober 2018

"not be flying Qantas again"

Not Verified | Tokyo to Melbourne. Definitely would not recommend. To start with we had to change our flights due to work which ultimately was our fault, but to do this it cost us a lot more to change than loose our flights all together. So we ended up paying a ridiculous amount for our flights which would have got others business class seats. Then to top it off, our return flight we weren't even sitting together or even near each other. For the price we paid, this is beyond ridiculous. Especially when we booked these flights over 6 months ago. We should have at least been sitting next to each other. The food was average and the entertainment that was listed was not what was showing on the plane. Will not be flying Qantas again!
RouteTokyo to Melbourne
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Will not be booking again"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Johannesburg. Tired, dated, and well worn premium economy cabin. The ceiling was dirty, TV screens small (same as most economy). I essentially paid twice the price for the flight for extra leg room, and hopefully marginally nicer food. Flight attendants were very friendly, but from experience Singapore, and New Zealand air offer substantially nicer Premium Economy experience. Will not be booking again if I can avoid it.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteSydney to Johannesburg

"very disappointing"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Sydney. Very disappointing. When I went to the gate around 7pm, there's bad news, our flight was cancelled. Then we was told that our airplanes which is QF42 is at Singapore, not even on the way yet. After that, we got accomodation, but was waited from 8pm to 11pm just to get my baggage! I don't know what the problem is with this airline, the staff is really slow and we had already dropped our phone contact to get the update from this airlines but you know what? There's no news! Other peoples got their accomodation at 11pm, and I was waiting for my baggage until so I found my own accommodation. The flight is rescheduled to 7pm day after that, so I've arrived at 4pm and queue to check in until it 6pm, which is the boarding time. This airline is not worth it - very disappointing.
RouteJakarta to Sydney

"terrible customer service"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Perth. Qantas Flight delayed in LAX and when arriving in Sydney for flight to Perth we had to be downgraded. Understandable due to previous delays and no Business Class available on the next flights. Now three months later and contacting Qantas 5 times for a refund due to downgrade, the refund has still not been processed. Customer Care is absolutely terrible online, had to make a telephone call and sit on hold for a hour. Emails sent, no reply. More emails sent, no reply. When a reply did come they asked for information I didn't have. I replied I didn't have that information, and no reply. Absolutely terrible customer service for thousands of dollars in flights and 6 years of frequent flyer membership.
RouteSydney to Perth
Date FlownJuly 2018

"very attentive and willing to help"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Cairns Via Brisbane. During a week with wet weather, both flights departed and arrived with no issues. The Ground and Cabin Crew were amazing during both flights, very attentive and willing to help. IFE was great as new content kept me entertained and food and beverages were standard, no stand out in that department. Lastly, the Lounge visits before both flights were very good, I especially love the fresh look of the Brisbane Business Lounge.
AircraftBoeing 737-800 / Boeing 717-200
RouteSydney to Cairns via Brisbane
Date FlownOctober 2018

"best Customer Service I’ve experienced"

Trip Verified | Cairns to Sydney Via Brisbane. The journey started off with a delay due to engineering problems. Though only one announcement was made, we finally departed roughly around 1345 local time. Once airborne, the Cabin Crew were absolutely amazing, by far the best Customer Service I’ve experienced during a domestic flight. The Customer Service Manager welcomed me back and even took my meal order before anyone else. This is a first, as it usually only happens on International flights. Outstanding Service, as I have noticed a decline over the last few months. IFE was slightly outdated but it kept me entertained. The plane arrived into Brisbane around 1545 with a shorter transit time of 1hr 15min until my next flight to Sydney, instead of my 2hr wait if the plane departed at Cairns on time. The onward flight to Sydney from Brisbane was very routine, on time departure/arrival, efficient boarding, lovely Cabin Crew and updated IFE. Great job Qantas.
AircraftBoeing 717-200 / Boeing 737-800
RouteCairns to Sydney via Brisbane
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Boeing 747 needs to be replaced"

Trip Verified | Johannesburg to Sydney. I am a regular on Qantas and their A380 and Boeing 787-9. So in comparison the Boeing 747 serving this route needs to be replaced. Nothing particularly wrong with it, just old and looking and feeling its age. Everything else is up to QF standards but time to retire the Queen!
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteJohannesburg to Sydney
Date FlownAugust 2018

"No idea why Qantas left Dubai"

Trip Verified | Sydney to London return via Singapore This is a regular routing for me but the first time via Singapore since Qantas left Dubai. The flights were uneventful. On time at every stage. The F&B is fine if not exceptional. Flight crews were very friendly and efficient. Now the issue of switching to Singapore from Dubai. I'm in a minority that hates that move. Being a frequent flyer and having lounge access meant jumping off at Dubai, pass priority screening and straight up to the lounge. Say 7 mins from leaving the aircraft to being in the lounge on a good day. On the outbound this time the craft parked at Gate 24. To get to the lounge meant at least a 15 minute walk and the same back. So did not bother. On the inbound we were closer but the queues to get into the Singapore lounge were ridiculous so stepped into the BA lounge next door as a OneWorld flyer and freshened up there. No idea why Qantas left Dubai but it deprived loyal frequent flyers of some of the best lounges in the world. I know this is a first world problem but if you spend a lot of time on planes you need those lounges.
RouteSydney to London