Qantas Airways

"Not good enough Qantas!"

Trip Verified | Three flights with Qantas this week and all 3 flights were delayed. One flight can be forgiven as things can go wrong but 3 flights in the same week is really poor. Not good enough Qantas!
RouteNewcastle to Melbourne
Date FlownNovember 2021

"Woeful Airline"

Not Verified | Woeful Airline. QF824, 4 May. Knowing the aircraft had problems - the full aircraft departed. Soon it became evident that there was no air conditioning - which remained for the 4 hour journey flying in the tropics. Totally oppressive as were the surly cabin crew.
AircraftBoeing 737 -800
RouteBrisbane to Darwin
Date FlownMay 2021

"Miserable and abusive behaviour"

Trip Verified | Miserable and abusive behaviour! I counted 17 hrs on hold during last 3 days with the customer's service, no answer for redeeming a voucher following a flight cancelled 2 years ago. I used all possible time to call even between 2 and 6 am, the result is the same. I would probably abandon this voucher of 2000$ as I won't see any other approach. That is again what Qantas does to the people that supported them when they clearly abandoned the country while the other continued to serve us.
RouteSydney to Paris
Date FlownNovember 2020

"truly and utterly horrible"

Trip Verified | I am not usually the type to write negative reviews, but Qantas' customer service has been truly and utterly horrible. I will not be flying with them again, and I would advise you to do the same. Not only do they place you on hold for 3-4 hours at a time, but they also hang up on you when you finally make it through to chat with someone. Even when you call at 2 or 3am, there's always extremely long hold times - I had to call about 9 or 10 times throughout the week until I finally got through to someone, only to have them hang up on me. I called again, was placed on hold for 45 mins, then they hung up on me again. At 4am, after being placed on hold for 2 hours - when I finally spoke to someone about obtaining a refund, they were extremely pushy, rude - they sounded extremely annoyed at me for asking for a refund, when Qantas had completely changed my flights and rendered my trip unfeasible. I think Qantas should be the ones apologising and accomodating to me, instead of making me feel like I'm inconveniencing them for asking for a refund? Firstly, I felt pressured to converting my flights into credit instead of a refund, of which I did not want. Secondly, I felt like I was being rushed to get off the phone (despite having been placed on hold for so long, multiple times). I asked if I could get an email confirmation of the refund, and that was met with hostility. Inexcusable behaviour, really! Don't understand why they don't just open up a live chat (would be so much easier to get in contact with ANYONE that could help), or hire more staff to be able to handle these issues? It's inexcusable that a big airline like this makes you wait 3-4 hours at a time and then hangs up, or when you do get through, you're met with someone who's rude and just wants to get you off the phone.
RouteMelbourne to London
Date FlownOctober 2021

"It’s been nothing less than heartless of Qantas"

Not Verified | What a complete scam! My friend and I had flight to New York booked for July 2020 which were naturally cancelled due to covid. We realised this year it would be impossible for us to fly again soon and use the credits so for over 6 months have been calling Qantas help centre to get a refund and no response. We have been given mixed information by Qantas on when our credit expires and are completely stressed out that we will loose the $3500 because we can’t get in contact with Qantas to confirm anything! Both of us are uni students and this was a large part of our savings. It’s been nothing less than heartless of Qantas to not give full refunds during these COVID times and I’m shocked at the void of customer service on call lines (a clear representation of how understaffed the company is after big layoffs). Disappointed.
RouteSydney to New York via Los Angeles
Date FlownDecember 2020

"still no refund 8 weeks later"

Trip Verified | Flight cancelled by Qantas and still no refund 8 weeks later. I've complained twice with zero communication. This company needs to reigned in by the government, they are scamming people and breaking the law by stealing money.
RouteSydney to Manchester via Dubai
Date FlownAugust 2021

"Very poor customer service"

Not Verified | Very poor customer service. Needed to change flights, Qantas staff at counter told me to go away and call the helpline. 45 mins waiting on phone still couldn't get through. Gave up. What a bad company, and what poor service.
RouteBroome to Perth
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"Thoroughly disappointed"

Not Verified | On May 17th, I travelled with Qantas from Brisbane to Hobart, I was travelling with two surfboards that had been extensively well packed and secured within their board bag. The following day I found that both boards had been destroyed during the flight. One board had been completely snapped, and the other badly creased. The amount of force needed to cause this damage is extensive, and almost humanly impossible. I contacted Qantas upon arrival home, however it was out of the 3day limit (unbeknown to me) and they refused to do anything. Waited over 7 more weeks to discuss the issue with someone further. Upon no contact after two months of lodging a case, I rang on my own terms and was put through to Jackie at the complaints team who was absolutely lovely, helped all she could and transferred me to Linda who was incredibly rude, talked over me throughout the conversation, and would not listen to what I had to say. The way in which I was treated was disgusting and there was no remorse for $3,000 worth of damage of brand new equipment, with receipts, and photos with time and dates on them. Will discontinue any travel with Qantas in the future. And encourage others to do so also. Thoroughly disappointed.
RouteBrisbane to Hobart
Date FlownMay 2021

"Expected infinitely better service"

Not Verified | Qantas cancelled the Sydney to Hamilton Island flight during the covid lockdown. Fair enough. However, they did not cancel the return flight! That is ridiculous. 2+ hour wait on the phone to request a refund for the first leg. That should be automatic! 0m validity for the credit voucher for the second leg not yet cancelled, completes the ridiculousness of this entire shambles. Expected infinitely better service from you Qantas. Everyone shows their true colours in adversity, and yours are not that bright. Absolutely 1 start rating. Zero is sadly not an option.
RouteSydney to Hamilton Island
Date FlownJuly 2021

"Seriously disappointed"

Not Verified | Seriously disappointed. Flew from Brisbane - Cairns with Jetstar, no problem. Same bag going back on Qantas, too heavy. Still within the total ticket limits but bag was over by 2kg. If I paid $35 more, they would take the bag as it was. So they were able to lift it, and it was within the ticketed weight limits, but they just wanted to collect more bonus for Alan Joyce? Qantas is totally un-Australian.
RouteCairns to Brisbane