Qantas Airways

"apparently bubble and squeak"

Trip Verified | Excellent service and comfy seat, but the catering is apparently bubble and squeak. I have never had anything quite like it. Someone must be laughing their socks off.
RouteCairns to Melbourne
Date FlownDecember 2022

"really downgraded the quality"

Trip Verified | Qantas have really downgraded the quality of their international economy class service, particularly the food offering. This flight had 2 meals (dinner and breakfast), both of which were very basic compared to previously. Just a small foil covered tray of hot food and a single additional sweet item. No salads, bread, sauces, fruit, etc. My flight immediately before this one was JAL from Paris to Tokyo. The superiority of the JAL economy service and product compared to Qantas was huge! JAL had more leg room, far greater food offering and far more attentive staff. Qantas and JAL are both premium priced airlines. Unfortunately Qantas no longer is providing a premium offering (at least in economy class).
RouteTokyo Haneda to Sydney via Melbourne
Date FlownDecember 2022

"Seat was very comfortable"

Trip Verified | Have flown this route many times but a first on the non stop flight of 17.5 hours. So much better than a change of planes on the way. Seat was very comfortable, as it needed to be, in a small cabin. Good wines and food, nice attentive crew, lovely quiet plane to fly in. A very good experience and have recovered very quickly from time change
RoutePerth to London

"A very good experience"

Trip Verified | A very good experience. Easy check-in and boarding. Extremely comfortable seat in a small cabin upstairs. Big seat back screen, plenty of room, avoid recline a d a clever pillow that attaches to the seat headrest, really comfortable. Good food and wines, friendly staff if a little slow in serving. Brief refuelling stop in Singapore was ok. Exceeded my expectations and this is a really good product.
RouteLondon to Sydney

"could not fault them"

Trip Verified | Congratulations Qantas. Was let down by Jetstar again. No notification until arrival at airport flight cancelled. Qantas booked me on a flight 4 hours later. Drink and meal vouchers given. From front counter to staff on board could not fault them. Happy to help. Staff on flight were fantastic. Plenty of laughs. Shout out to steward on board. Even entertained the children on board playing Bob the builder and even singing with a borrowed a hard hat from a customer to the back of the plane. Well done Qantas first time I have flown with you and I will most certainly do it again. And the on board snacks were free. Included in flight.
RouteSydney to Gold Coast
Date FlownDecember 2022

"Qantas refused to offer any refund"

Trip Verified | I was unable to make my flight because of an ear infection. I was issued a flight credit good for about 6 months. My ear problem of a blocked eustachian has not cleared up, and has become a chronic health issue. My ENT wrote me a doctors note saying I could not fly. The proposed flight was Los Angeles to Sydney, about 15 hours. I called customer service and was on the phone for over an hour. The operator, who spoke poor English, keep checking with others as if he didn't know the procedure. I believe he was a sub-contractor, answering phones for Qantas from another country. Finally he said I would be charged a $250 cancel fee, which I agreed to. He said the remainder of the $7,365.00 ticket would be refunded to my credit card in about 8 weeks. After 9 weeks, I called Qantas to inquire as to the status of my refund. A different operator told me that previous operator had misinformed me. Qantas refused to offer any refund, any partial refund, or allow me to transfer the flight credit to my daughter who lives in Australia.
AircraftB789
RouteLos Angeles to Sydney
Date FlownJuly 2022

"I want them to give me my money back"

Trip Verified | Qantas online booking charge me 3 times my air fares. I've try to call Qantas to get my money back without any success. First call they could not find their own booking reference, put me on hold, after 35min waiting in the queue, then communication finished without warning after 20more minute on hold. 2nd call, 30min waiting time, hang up as soon as I've been connected to an operator. 3rd call, 30min waiting time, then get in touch with an operator who still can't find the booking reference, then tell me that I've to process a claim on line. I explain he that I'm not claiming any thing, I want them to give me my money back. She told me again with any more information, webpage, phone number or else where to make the claim. I've repeat that they are the one at fault so they should look into it, I'm not paid to solve their mistake. I've ask her to connect me to her manager or the competent department, she ask me to go the the website, without no further explanation, I've told her no, I want to speak to a manager, she said ok, and put me on hold during 40more minute. She put me on hold 4 or 5 time each time the queue was bringing back. At the end the call was terminated with the usual satisfaction question. Obviously the operator was looking at wasting time because I insisting in talking to a person.
RouteBrisbane to Townsville
Date FlownNovember 2022

"I never want to fly this airline again"

Not Verified | Seats are incredibly uncomfortable and not built for anyone over 5’9. My husband and I experienced the most miserable flight cancellation. We had just gotten off a red eye flight from Bali to connect to get to NZ and the plane’s engine starter motor failed. Do they not check these things during regular maintenance? We were stuck on the aircraft for not only engine failure but, to begin with, their flight attendant was late by over half an hour. Sat on the plane for over an hour just to revised and get told we had to take the next red eye flight. Two red eye flights in 24 hours. Sat in the airport for 14 hours when about 75% of the flight was able to get earlier scheduled flights out of Australia. I never want to fly this airline again. An entire day wasted because someone didn’t do their job and we were forced to sleep in the airport. Meal vouchers weren’t enough for this. I’m grateful my husband has airport lounge access otherwise I’m not sure how so would have survived waiting this long to get to our destination.
RouteMelbourne to Auckland
Date FlownNovember 2022

"team who went above and beyond"

Trip Verified | I upgraded to Business for my trip back from Darwin to Adelaide on QF1959. From the moment I entered the plane to the moment I departed in Adelaide I was treated by your team as if I was the only one on the plane. I would like to say thanks to your team who went above and beyond. The care and service in particular from one of your employees Flight Manager Jennifer was amazing, and after seeing her actions in transit with the team and the customers made it clear that you have a special "diamond" within your team. As the service industry has perhaps dropped the ball in these times, with people like Jennifer and the team it was the opposite. Please pass on my thanks personally for the service provided. Many Thanks.
RouteDarwin to Adelaide

"The flight was good"

Trip Verified | This flight was a continuation on14 November from International flight Venice Dubai Brisbane. Booked through Emirates and boarding passes issued in Venice all the way to Townsville. Flight a bit delayed received allocated requested aisle seat and fortunate middle seat empty. Snack offered on this short flight. Passengers handed out cheese and Crackers. I asked if any Gluten Free options. The cabin member offered a choice of sweet or savoury gluten free snack as i didn't mind given packet of Rice Crackers and then asked if I'd like an apple as well. The flight was good. Landed safely and Luggage quick of conveyer. Everything went smoothly from Venice to Townsville via Dubai and Brisbane.
Aircraft?