Qantas Airways

"did nothing to help us"

(Norfolk Island)

Trip Verified | Cairns to Auckland via Sydney. It was clear there would be a problem making the connecting flight when the Cairns flight was delayed. Having arrived at check in 2.5 hours before check in time we tried to get a resolution from the check in person. We were fobbed off saying we could catch a train between the terminals in Sydney and that the plane would make up the time. We arrived 5 minutes before the boarding time and made our way to the other terminal on the bus provided, walked as fast as we could to Gate 53 only to find the doors closed. We then found that we had been offloaded because our luggage had not arrived. I think this is pretty poor of Qantas as they did nothing to help us out of the problem they created in the first place.
RouteCairns to Auckland via Sydney

"Unfair treatment to me"

Trip Verified | Brisbane to Hong Kong in April 2019. Unfair treatment to me, preferential treatment the impolite customer seating in front of me.The one in front of me fully recline leaving me no space to even open the tray table. I talked to the customer in front but she refuse to re-adjust with a very impolite attitude. she had more than enough space. The cabin crew kept on saying she has rights. I am extremely clear I did not made threatening means, but the cabin crew threaten me for calling police. I eventually got my coffee spill, and had no space to work. May be she was following the rule, but definitely not humanistic.
RouteBrisbane to Hong Kong

"Overall a good flight"

Trip Verified | Osaka To Sydney. Flight was delayed by 15 minutes but was kept to the rescheduled time, great to have clear communication no matter how small. Check In was a breeze, followed by a fast and efficient security and passport control process. Our gate was reached by taking an internal train with boarding followed soon after. This was a red eye flight back home and being in economy is not the greatest when it comes to a comfortable sleep, extremely hard to have a decent sleep in my opinion. I normally would fly Business during an overnight flight. The food was decent, good options but portions need to be bigger. The Cabin Crew were friendly and professional, acknowledging me during the flight. Overall, a good flight but it was just difficult getting a decent rest.
AircraftA330-300
RouteOsaka to Sydney
Date FlownMay 2019

"expect better service and food"

Trip Verified | Christchurch to Tokyo via Brisbane. Friendly staff. Really disappointing catering. Firstly the air hostess decided not to give me and a few other passengers around me the pudding. I didn't have a chance to ask for it as.they flew down the aisle so quickly. For the snacks, my aisle didn't get offered any fresh fruit. Again unsure why half of the economy cabin got this while the other half got ignored For the last 'meal's of the flight I wasn't offered any drinks, and neither was a passenger in front of me. I assume.it was an oversight on the flight attendant's part but again I couldn't catch her attention as she had already gone way down the aisle. I had to go to McDonalds upon disembarking as the food was so unsatisfying. These flights aren't cheap and I would expect better service and food satisfaction than this
RouteChristchurch to Tokyo via Brisbane

"Very unpleasant experience"

Trip Verified | Adelaide to Perth. The flight attendant offered earphones to the lady sitting next to me, but he didn’t offer them me. So I called out the attention of him but he didn’t hear me. So I ended up to touch his arm to get attention and I got told off. He said that with loud voice “say excuse me madam!”. Very unpleasant experience. He should go through the hospitality course again and learn how to serve customers. Never wanna use this airline.
RouteAdelaide to Perth

"a very good service"

Trip Verified | Sydney To Osaka. Check In was very fast due to no one being in the line and even going through passport control and security check without the Express Path, it took less the 15 minutes. The First Class Lounge was good, but the lady attending our section was an utter disgrace with a very bad attitude, she doesn't deserve to be employed by Qantas nor should be allowed to be in Australia. The flight was on time with departure and arrival, slightly early actually. An improvement with onboard catering was a plus, and IFE was decent with some good options to keep you entertain for 9.5 hours. The Cabin Crew were average, but my spirit did lift when I was recognised for my Platinum status with Qantas and was given a set of pyjamas and amenity kit as a 'thank you' by a supervisor. Overall, a very good service and I would not hesitate flying with again in economy to Asia.
AircraftA330-300
RouteSydney to Osaka
Date FlownMay 2019

"brilliant flight all round"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Sydney. Domestic business class flying at its absolute finest. An internationally configured A330 with lie flat beds for a 1 hour 20 minute flight, a very tasty roast chicken dinner with some fine red wine to accompany it. Best of all a Cabin Manager and crew who were highly engaged with passengers, delivering top class service with a smile and very good humour. After a very early start to the day and a long day of meetings, just what you need for the trip home. A brilliant flight all round.
RouteMelbourne to Sydney
Date FlownMay 2019

"pleasant flight with an outstanding crew"

Not Verified | Brisbane to Los Angeles with Qantas. Very pleasant flight with an outstanding crew - friendly, attentive and seemed to really their job. Lunch out of Brisbane was delicious and efficiently served. Seat comfort in the new business suite very good. The only complaints would be too few toilets and poor selection on the inflight entertainment.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteBrisbane to Los Angeles
Date FlownApril 2019

"the most frustrating experiences"

Trip Verified | I almost never leave reviews unless the expected service is a complete joke over a consistent period. It feels like every single time I am either traveling from Sydney to Melbourne or Melbourne to Sydney my Qantas flight is delayed for the most ridiculous reasons. From the last 14 flights between these destinations I have maybe had one arrive on time. Yes there are some circumstances that they cannot control but there is a point where it is no longer coincidence. Qantas international is great for me but Sydney to Melbourne and Melbourne to Sydney flights are some of the most frustrating experiences I have ever had. No matter if I book an early or late flight the result is the same. I guess I should consider myself lucky that my flights aren't being cancelled? Today's flight was delayed for an hour because of paperwork. My flight yesterday there were too many carry on bags (why allow people to take 2-3 on?), Followed by a spill on the tarmac, followed by planes needing to take off before us, followed by not being able to finish taxi off because a plane wing is sticking out too much and to top it off the draw bridge isn't working. Unbelievable. I really feel for the pilots and flight crew if they have to work in these ridiculous conditions constantly. I know that the airline industry is low margin so they have to make constant cuts but this has completely ruined my image of Qantas. I cringe when I see the "Australia's preferred airline" ads that are forced down our throats. Joke of an airline.
RouteMelbourne to Sydney
Date FlownMay 2019

"don't care about customers"

Trip Verified | I would never buy a business seat with Qantas. The Audio wasn’t working for me and my wife, they couldn’t work it all the flight. The food tray was broken, couldn’t put the food. when I called and complained they tried to make it as normal, nothing important, and tried to bribe me with 2000 frequent flyer points - what an insult. When told them not good enough never got back they don't care about customers or service.
RouteAdelaide to Sydney