Qantas Airways

"This is the end for us"

Trip Verified | Lost luggage containing essential items. Arrived 5 days later. Family holiday not just disrupted but ruined. Our youngest had only 3 days of contact lenses in hand luggage so 2 days of complete vision impairment. Return trip flight cancelled due to aircraft engineering issues and rescheduled to next day. Incurred significant cost for additional last minute hotel booking (lucky to get a booking) Upon our final arrival into Sydney en route to Adelaide no baggage handlers allocated. Bags took 90 min to come out so missed connecting flight. Very unhappy. Have been a loyal Qantas customer since I started flying. This is the end for us. If I could rate lower than one star I would.
RouteAdelaide to Queenstown
Date FlownJuly 2022

"abysmal customer service outcome"

Trip Verified | Our flight was delayed which in current climate is OK On arrival in Sydney we were only able to retrieve one of our two suitcases After about 30 more minutes we and several other passengers realised our luggage was lost We eventually found luggage services and after queuing filled out a form and joined the line to lodge I lodged the form and asked what happens now The woman said I would be contacted next day and our bag would be delivered I asked is that all and she said that is all they will contact you tomorrow Tomorrow comes and I hear nothing I ring the Qantas baggage services help line I first got someone with unsatisfactory English she asked for a reference number which I didn’t receive I gave her all the details including the lost baggage barcode number However after an hour on the phone I was not any further forward and asked to be put directly in touch with baggage services in Sydney The next person who answered was in Fiji and was in sales I rang again later and after another hour and telling the call centre person this time in South Africa that my wife had heart medication in bag our case was elevated from not caring to am I bothered I had gotten no further. Another call later that day another hour wasted our case now in overnight leave it to tomorrow’s person to sort out. Rang again this morning and after another hour managed to get a file number to track my case. Just checked on line and details of lost baggage are there but no feedback on any progress. In summary the call centre is a complete waste of everyone’s time They have no ability to actually impact baggage handling at the airport where baggage is lost. So far we have lost the cost of limousine we had hired. My wife had to ring doctors to get new scripts. Also it is my wife’s birthday today and all her clothing and jewellery were in lost case So it has ruined tonight’s special evening out. I cannot rate Qantas on service as they have supplied none. Outsourcing baggage handling and overseas call centres may make a better bottom line but it has resulted in an abysmal customer service outcome!
RoutePerth to Sydney
Date FlownJuly 2022

"avoid flying with Qantas"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | Auckland to Gold Coast via Sydney. If I could give Qantas 0 stars, I would. Please learn from my mistakes and avoid flying with Qantas - their customer service is non-existent. My original flight was due to fly from Auckland to Gold Coast via Sydney (the original flight was supposed to take a total of 4 hours 55 mins). I subsequently received a notification ~3 weeks before I was due to fly that the flight details had changed. The connecting flight from Sydney to Gold Coast had been changed so that my total travel time would now ballooned to 13+ hours with a long overnight stopover in Sydney. I decided to request a refund for my flight and the request was confirmed as received on Feb 9. As at July 7, I have yet to receive the refund. Each time I call Qantas, I have to wait for at least 30 minutes to an hour to get through to someone. Even then, they are unable to give me any good answers other than telling me they are forwarding my query to the Finance Department. I have tried contacting Qantas via email and social media but the phone calls are thus far the only way to get some semblance of a response.
RouteAuckland to Gold Coast via Sydney
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"a nightmare from start to finish"

Not Verified | Dealing with Qantas has been a nightmare from start to finish. This is especially galling as we are paying business class prices for economy seats. We have even tried to use our lounge passes which we have not been able through covid to be told the lounge is closed, yet on the webpage it states it is open.
RoutePerth to Glasgow via Dubai

"Qantas doesn't care"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | London to Sydney. After travelling for 4 days, with 50 hours delay, the luggage lost. No clothes, no important papers, no nothing. No answers, no client service, no information, no clue of where my professional material can be. Terrible service. Never using Qantas again. And Qantas doesn't care.
RouteLondon to Sydney
Date FlownJuly 2022

"issued us boarding pass only from HBA to SYD"

Not Verified | From the time I arrived at the Qantas desk the staff took around 40 minutes to issue me with boarding pass (for family). I was all ready for the flight making sure that I had all the required documentation including Covid vaccine certificate, baggage properly weighed, destination country's covid requirement document (air suvidha). As soon as I arrived at the desk, the lady asked me if I had purchased additional baggage, I said that I had already checked the weights 4 times and I have less weight than what I am allowed. She took around 15 minutes to verify the covid vaccination certificate and the air suvidha form (destination country requirement) I literally had to show her the first and last vaccine dates on the printed certificate. Then she took another 15 minutes to search/look up our itinerary saying that its not showing on her computer so I had to literary show her the booking reference number and the name format on the itinerary. Another 15 minutes to check the baggage allowance, asking me if i knew how much I was allowed to which I answered and even provided my printed copy of the itinerary, she was visiting the Srilankan Airlines website to find out the allowance. The lady serving us had to call her colleague to assist her. Finally after more than 45 minutes I was issued with boarding pass but this didn't end here. She issued us boarding pass only from HBA to SYD but not the other two boarding pass. Upon enquiring she said she could only issue from HBA to SYD and advised me to go to Sydney and collect other boarding pass from there. When I asked about the transfer from domestic airport to international she replied saying that I need to take a bus or train which will cost around $6 per person to get transferred. I told her that we have not chosen self transfer and paid more so that everything was smooth as I had young family with me, she said me that she doesn't know about that and that I would require a future Qantas boarding pass to get on the bus. As the flight was delayed, Qantas failed to provide the information to the other staff on duty at receiving airport nor to the partner airline (SriLankan). The Srilankan airline almost left us because Qantas flight was delayed, luckily we could catch the flight as the staff at Srilankan airline delayed the flight for us. I am very disappointed by the behaviour and the customer service of the staff at HBA. Qantas being a reputed company my expectation were high but it was no where close to it in terms of the desk staff. I would also like to mention about the positives, the lady at the receiving Qantas terminal (gate 15) helped/rushed us to the shuttle bus which
RouteHobart to Sydney
Date FlownJune 2022

"Qantas is an absolute disgrace"

Trip Verified | What a disgrace, from bag drop check in zero service. Lounge another embarrassment. Boarding was non existent. Prior to boarding wanted to ask a question , walked over to the desk, three staff standing in a circle talking, 2 looked at me and kept chatting, my question or me was never answered or my existence acknowledged. Qantas is an absolute disgrace, just become the low cost carrier you are.
RouteBrisbane to Melbourne
Date FlownJune 2022

"Amazing service and staff"

Trip Verified | Qantas truly back on track. Amazing service and staff. Wonderful food, amenities, everything was top notch. From the check in process to boarding, on board and baggage.
RouteLos Angeles to Brisbane
Date FlownJune 2022

"So disappointed, big time"

Not Verified | Qantas service has failed, the misinformation, lack of assistance cost me money, time and traumatised to the passenger and yet they don’t even know their own policy. Disgusting work ethic, unfriendly operator. So disappointed, big time.
RouteJakarta to Perth via Singapore
Date FlownMay 2022

"stuffed up my entire trip"

Not Verified | Down the toilet. I am a 25-year Qantas Member and recently had Qantas cancel and change my flights that many times, that it stuffed up my entire trip. Hold times are out to 3+ hours and they don't answer email complaints and inquiries. I cancelled my flight, and am now going with another carrier.
RouteMelbourne to Sydney