PLAY

"paying for a normal airline in the future"

Not Verified | I give the overall experience a 4 out of 10. There was no communication between the crew and the guests. Flew a low budget airline and that is exactly how I felt. With all the extra costs, I will be paying for a normal airline in the future.
RouteBoston to Paris via Keflavik

6th March 2023 : PLAY response

Thank you for your feedback, it is always appreciated to hear what can be improved upon. We’re sorry to hear that we didn't meet your expectations or if you feel as if you did not receive the good service we strive to deliver.

"unexplained waiting time in baggage claim"

(Iceland)

Not Verified | OG605, 10.02.2023 Flight on time off gate ALC, ahead of schedule in KEF. Payed for extra leg space, turned out excellent seating. Onboard service normal. At baggage claim in KEF, no passengers from other flights waiting in baggage area, not a single piece of luggage on belt for over one hour. Waiting for luggage is one thing, but receiving no information or explanation can become extremely irritating. The unexplained waiting time in baggage claim definitely affected the value of the excellent experience during flight.
RouteAlicante to Keflavik

17th February 2023 : PLAY response

First of all, thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We always appreciate hearing from our passengers, whether it is negative or positive. This is how we can improve on what is needed and keep doing what is good. We're sorry to hear about the long wait time at the airport for your baggage to be delivered to the baggage belt. Thank you again for the feedback.

"I would avoid PLAY if possible"

Trip Verified | I would avoid PLAY if possible. The flights are slightly cheaper, but have no backup. We were flying from Boston to Paris and within hours of takeoff (we were at the airport), PLAY delayed our flight by 1 hour, then 3 hours, then emailed saying there was no food aboard for our flight, then cancelled our connecting flight. The delay was due to their crew/planes, not weather. They gave us the option of arriving over 24 hours later (missing out on a chunk of vacation, car rental, AirBNB, etc). Customer service has no phone number and your options are messaging through WhatsApp/Messenger (took 20+ minutes to respond) or a non-urgent email reply. There was no one at the gate and the check-in people said they had no access to the system to change anything and had no supervisor. For the flight back, online check-in was not functioning, so they had a line of hundreds of people and two clerks trying to get boarding passes. If you want to get somewhere as cheaply as possible and have incredibly flexible travel schedule and easily refundable activities/lodging, I could see this as an option for you. I don't intend to fly it again
RouteBoston to Paris via Keflavik

17th February 2023 : PLAY response

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We apologize for the delay of your flight and understand the inconveniences caused. In all honesty, delays are an unloving product for both passengers and the airline alike. Not only is it costly, but we are well aware that a good reputation for flawless on-time performance is highly valuable, thus we strive to keep a clean delay record for everyone’s best interest. The reason for delays is most often an unforeseen cause, which we try to avoid with all the possible precautions and actions that we can take to minimize the effect. On another note, online check-in is not available for departures from Paris CDG so this is why you were having issues checking in for your flight from Paris. Desk check-in is a must. Thank you again for the feedback. It is highly important for us to hear from passengers to see what can be improved upon.

"I enjoyed the flights"

Trip Verified | Good leg room. Good space under seat for personal item. Better space than TAP or Vueling. I like that the seats recline. The attendants were very good. The pilot gave good information. My only problem was that one male flight attendant unlocked the toilet door at the front of the airplane while I was in it. I think that he was concerned, but I wasn't in there very long. Overall I enjoyed the flights with Play.
AircraftA321 neo
RouteBaltimore to Dublin via Reykjavik

17th February 2023 : PLAY response

First of all, thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We're happy to hear you had a pleasant experience flying with us, despite that minor inconvenience on board. We always appreciate hearing from our passengers, whether it is negative or positive. This is how we can improve on what is needed and keep doing what is good.

"This company is a joke"

Not Verified | Where to start? The entirety of the customer service and stewardess crew are completely incompetent. When asked if a visa was needed, we were told no. We scanned our passports in Boston, was told to board and so we did. Wouldn't you now it? My wife was denied access to the country and we were forced onto the next flight back into the US. We waited around the service desk for 3 hours before being "helped" by the rudest customer service associate I've ever dealt with, and I worked in retail for many years. We were told the flight was full and that we could not sit together. That was a lie. We were told we didn't need a visa and allowed to board. That was a lie. We were told the food and drinks were out on the flight. That was a lie. I saw multiple people served and they never came back out again to finish up after turbulence had started. When I asked for some water they replied "we will be landing soon, just wait." Soon was 90 minutes. No legroom, no service, impossible to get in touch with customer service as there is no number. Attempts to chat online had my chats prematurely disconnected and then berated because I needed to be patient. I asked 4 questions that took 45 minutes to be answered. Avoid this airline like the plague. Honestly unfathomable that they can even will be in business. Don't forget! It might seem cheap! But then you pay for every single piece of baggage, including carry on, have to pay for every seat selection, etc. You're better off spending a bit more money and flying Icelandair. This company is a joke and should be treated like one.
RouteBoston to Keflavik

10th February 2023 : PLAY response

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear about your negative experience with us and we apologize for any inconvenience on your flight. PLAY is a low-budget airline and therefore extra services such as additional bags, meals and booking changes are not included in the price. We always appreciate hearing from our passengers, whether it is negative or positive. This is how we can improve on what is needed and keep doing what is good. Again, thank you for the feedback.

"crew were very friendly"

(Iceland)

Trip Verified | As good as it gets at the price. Captain and the crew were very friendly and helpful during our flight. My second time flying with Play and will recommend this airline to everyone.
RouteKeflavik to Alicante
Date FlownDecember 2022

10th February 2023 : PLAY response

Thank you for flying PLAY! We‘re happy to hear you had a positive experience flying with us. We'll be sure to share your comments with our crew as we believe positive feedback is important to encourage and enrich our work environment :)

"30hr delay"

Not Verified | 30hr delay, followed by a gate change after everyone already started to enter the gate. Then after we landed their was a 30 min wait on the ground due to miscommunication with air traffic control.
RouteKeflavik to Boston

10th February 2023 : PLAY response

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear about your negative experience with us and we apologize for any inconvenience on your flight. We always appreciate hearing from our passengers, whether it is negative or positive. This is how we can improve on what is needed and keep doing what is good. Hopefully we can welcome you on board again the future so you can truly see what PLAY stands for!

"wide seats and ample leg room"

Trip Verified | The plane was quite comfortable with wide seats and ample leg room. I prefer Play’s planes that I’ve flown 6 times so far over the more compact seating. The overhead compartment is also nice and large. I would like a hard cider on the menu but I have had canned soda and a canned vodka seltzer drink. The soda was flat but the vodka seltzer was really good. The crew is very pleasant. Our flight back to BWI was moved up due to weather and it was very windy. There was a minor maintenance item that held us up for 10-15 minutes and then we rocked our way into the sky. I don’t mind that there are no seat screens or power outlets. I downloaded my own movies and used my phone and own headphones on the plane.
RouteKeflavik to Baltimore

"a pleasant experience*

Not Verified | I flew Play in December 22 to Paris from Boston. What a pleasant experience. No delays friendly staff and ahead of time arrival in Iceland and Paris. No issues with luggage. The best part for me was clearing customs in Iceland so I avoided the long lines at major hubs. I will definitely fly Play again.
RouteBoston to Paris via Keflavík
Date FlownDecember 2022

10th February 2023 : PLAY response

Thank you for the review Ralph! We are happy to hear you enjoyed flying with us, hopefully we will see you in the skies again :)

"what a great new airline"

Not Verified | What a great airline! Very spartan, no free amenities, you pay for anything humble that you eat or drink. No blankets, no pillows, no movies, no mini screen just for you, no wifi. (Very comfortable seats though). No nothing you are used to (and pay through the nose for) on regular airlines. But wow, what a great new airline. First time I have had young, attractive, friendly, helpful flight attendants (males and females). They wear red. They are cheerful. Not one unpleasant self-centred passengers on my trips. The airline is based in Iceland and the PLAY planes are red. Bright red all over. $404 dollars for a roundtrip ticket to Spain. For that kind of cost I have no problem bringing my own sandwiches and soft drinks into the plane. We had a lot of heavy turbulence in January flying over the Atlantic but the captain explained about the wind and current flows and assured us we were not going to die. I can't say enough good things about this airline and I have travelled all over the world for years and years. I used to fly Pan Am a lot so you can assume I am no spring chicken when it comes to flying. I hope PLAY stays a guarded secret (but successful) by those of us who have experienced it. In other airlines we would all have been treated like riff-raff in the back of the plane. Thank you PLAY and see you again soon. My flight number was MOY45B, but I am home now and certainly didn't SAVE my boarding passes or any other ephemera of the journey. I am sending this review anyway because this is a great new airline.
RouteBoston Logan to Iceland to Spain
Date FlownJanuary 2023

10th February 2023 : PLAY response

Hi Amy - first of all we would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are so happy you enjoyed flying with us and the services on board. We strive to deliver excellent service to our passengers, and we are truly humbled by your feedback. Hopefully we can welcome you on board again in the future. We do hope you enjoyed your time in Spain!