PLAY

"no public facing customer service at Reykavik"

Trip Verified | I purchased a ticket to fly roundtrip from Washington to Paris, through Reykavik in September 2023. My flight leaving Washington was delayed due to weather and I missed my connection to Paris. I was auto rebooked to fly the next day to Amsterdam, instead of Paris. So, I was left to my own devices for finding a hotel, and getting transportation to and from the airport to my hotel. Play airlines does not have a human providing customer service or guidance for these situations in Reykavik airport. Upon submitting my receipts for reimbursement, I was informed that I would only be reimbursed for the cost of public transportation to my hotel. I used a private group bus service which was around 60 euros. When researching a train from Amsterdam airport to Paris, the first two trains available were sold out, and I had to wait 3-4 hours for a train with seats, which cost 169 euros. Similarly I was informed I would not be reimbursed for the full cost of the train. In the end, I was informed that I would be reimbursed 256 Euros. Of that, by law 150 euros would be attributed to my $220 hotel. When I asked for a breakdown of how they arrived at the full figure, I did not receive a response. When I decided accepting 250 euros reimbursement, might be the prudent course of action, I still have yet to receive a response, or a refund on my credit card after a week of follow up emails. PLAy provides bare minimum style transportation to and from Europe. They have next to no public facing customer service at Reykavik airport. The non-responses to my reimbursement claim makes me think that there is a ponzi scheme lurking underneath the bright red planes they fly.
RouteWashington to Paris via Reykavik

14th December 2023 : PLAY response

Thank you for your review. We understand that delayed or canceled flights, and missed connections, are far from ideal. We want to offer our sincerest apologies for this unfortunate disruption to your travel plans. In these kinds of situations, we do our best to ensure that passengers are transported to their final destinations as quickly as possible. We work in accordance with EU regulation no. 261/2004 when assessing passenger rights to compensation due to flight disruption. If you are unhappy with the finalization of the answer you have received from the claim department, you can look to the appropriate authorities regarding your passenger rights. Moreover, we do not have a call center as our service strategy is completely digital. With digital services we are able to service more customers at one time, instead of the customer having to wait on the phone line for an available agent. There are various ways you can reach the Service Team. Either via webchat from our website, Facebook Messenger, Whatsapp messaging (+354 860-4500), Instagram or via the Service Request form on our website. We are always looking for ways to improve our services and we appreciate your feedback.

"a great flight and value"

Trip Verified | I had a great flight and value on Play Airlines. The young energetic flight crew was great and the everyone from the captain or the flight crew spoke English. My wife and I 6 hour flight went fast both ways across the ocean because we downloaded movies from Netflix. Both Play aircraft were A320 and looked like new planes. I loves that the plane had USB chargers at the seat. Life saver on watching a movie or charging my iPhone. We had the right size bookbag and 1 proper size luggage to carry on and a 1 proper sized bad for stowaway luggage. Play weighed our luggage and glanced at the size of our carryon, personal and stowed luggage and never said a word about any of our things. I did see some people that were unprepared, cost them plenty of money and didn't follow the rules. $100 charge Bag oversized so avoidable, was expensive also. I can't wait to go back to Europe on Play again at so much cheaper of a price than the other airlines. My experience on Play was great because I followed the Play Airline rules.
RouteKeflavik to Baltimore

14th December 2023 : PLAY response

Thank you so much for choosing to fly with PLAY! Our aim is to provide great customer service so we truly appreciate feedback like this - looking forward to welcoming you on board again in the future!

PLAY customer review

Booking budget airines has become absolute bs. You think you're saving money and then boom, you have to spend 50 bucks in the airport to bring snacks on the plane because they don't serve you anything on the plane (for free), even a 6 hour flight. No water or coffee or anything, and obviously the food and drinks are expensive as shit on the plane. 5 euro for a shitty coffee. I had nothing but a backpack and they charged me 90 euros at the gate to carry it on, even though it fit in the box they told me to put it in. Some straps went over a blue line... straps. But so did the girls hard sided suitcase behind me, yet they didn't charge her. 90 euros, are you f-cking kidding me? Its a soft sided backpack and could have easily fit under the seat in front of me. Might as well spend the extra money on a flight so you don't get smacked with bogus extra charges. $300 for a 6 hour flight plus extra 90 euro for having a packback, where you receive nothing except a sore neck. Doesn't seem worth it. Just pay a little extra for a better flight.
Routereykjavik to boston via Wells

14th December 2023 : PLAY response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We certainly strive to deliver the best service possible and we are very sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with our service on your recent travels with us. We appreciate your feedback and really hope you will give us another chance in the future.

"do not fly this airline"

Not Verified | At Keflavik airport for flight back to NY, flight showed delayed. Passengers for a full plane were waiting at the gate, the Play employees had no idea what was going on. The security people were rude and intimidating. The plane we were waiting for hadn’t even arrived yet, and we were told to line up for boarding! Why? We stood and waited for almost 2 hours before boarding started!!! Planes were cheap inside, no leg room. Do yourself a favor, pay a higher fare and do not fly this airline!
RouteKeflavik to New York

14th December 2023 : PLAY response

Thank you for your review. We’re sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied regarding your experience with PLAY. We are always interested in hearing how our passengers experience our services and take everything stated into careful consideration. Again, thank you for your feedback!

"airline has no customer service"

Trip Verified | This airline has no customer service worth speaking about. Its web site is a disaster and contacting them with any kind of problem is something out of the 19th century. They have no telephone number - none. Speaking with a person is impossible. They only have virtual representatives that take complaints and respond via email several days later. Changing or correcting anything through their web site is a veil of tears. It's hard to gauge what management at the airline envisions for its future. The basic fares are cheap, but everything else - seats, baggage, food, drinks, flight changes - costs money. I think I spent $30 dollars or so on my one flight for a drink or two. But this is the strategy they are pursuing: cutting costs means no margin for error. Save yourself some grief and go elsewhere.
RouteParis to Washington via Kefflavik

14th December 2023 : PLAY response

Thank you for your review. We do not have a call center as our service strategy is completely digital. With digital services we are able to service more customers at one time, instead of the customer having to wait on the phone line for an available agent. There are various ways you can reach the Service Team. Either via webchat from our website, Facebook Messenger, Whatsapp messaging (+354 860-4500), Instagram or via the Service Request form on our website. We are always interested in hearing how our passengers experience our services and take everything stated into careful consideration. Again, thank you for your feedback!

"I'll never fly play again"

Trip Verified | Flew home yesterday from Paris to Boston, because I didn't get my boarding pass emailed to me until after the flight left, AGAIN, I was forced to wait in line at CDG for well over and hour. I went through the security check only to stand in a line to wait for a bus, the bus brought us to the plane and we had to wait on a hot bus, we got to a hot plane with no air conditioning only to wait again for the plane to be refueled. The flight attendant had to open the middle door in order to get air into the plane. Leaving Reykjavik we had to wait going to the runway for some reason unknow to us, the explanation was given but it make no sense what the pilot told us. Then off to Boston. We had trouble hooking up to the jetway, the plane lost total power with no air conditioning running and only emergency lighting. The people asking for boarding passes at Reykjavik were ridiculous, four of them standing beside each other all wanting to look at our boarding passes, and everyone of them had to look. Carry on baggage had to be measured every time I passed the counter. Just by looking at my bag and the tag from the previous flight should tell you it would fit. It's all too much! No entertainment on the flight, no WiFi, and water at 3 euros a bottle is ridiculous. I'm safe to say I'll never fly play again.
RouteBoston to Paris via Keflavik

"Underhanded and dishonest"

Trip Verified | Never ever again. Terrible airline. They don't give couples seats together even when booked at the same time months in advance. It's a money grabbing scheme to get you to pay hundreds more when you check-in and discover you are not seated together. Very despicable treatment. Even when it was explained that I have a severe fear of flying and needed to be with my husband for safety reasons. The no frills, no wifi, etc was expected but not this. Not a good approach for an airline new to Canada. Underhanded and dishonest to take advantage of seniors.
RouteHamilton to Rekjavik

20th September 2023 : PLAY response

One of the optional extra services we offer is seating assignment. Passengers can reserve their favourite seat for a fee, subject to availability, or get a seat assigned free of charge at check-in. We do our best in placing passengers within the same booking next to each other even though no seats were reserved beforehand. There is however no guarantee that you can sit next to your travel buddies if you do not reserve your seats beforehand. Other passengers may have reserved theirs, resulting in two or more adjoint seats not being available once you check-in. Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are always looking for ways to improve our services and we appreciate your feedback.

"Terrible flight"

Trip Verified | Terrible flight of all the time! It is now 1:05pm in Paris, the departure time to Iceland was 12:30pm, we are still waiting, my connection flight to Washington is 35 min after the initial arrival, I already missed it! Same thing happened when I was coming, I had to stay in a hotel gor 2 days paying for my own lunch and dinner. Same thing is going to happen again.
RouteParis to Keflavík

20th September 2023 : PLAY response

We are sorry that you had to experience a delay on your recent travels with us and we apologize for any inconvenience that may have caused. We are well aware that a good reputation for flawless on-time performance is highly valuable, thus we strive to keep a clean delay record for everyone’s best interest. The reason for delays is most often an unforeseen cause, which we try to avoid with all the possible precautions and actions that we can take to minimize the effect. We are always looking for ways to improve our services and we appreciate your feedback.

"the most family-friendly airline"

Trip Verified | I just wanted to thank Play for being one of the most family-friendly airlines I have seen. We travelled with twin toddlers (& 2yr old) to Europe (two flights, 12 hours total with about 2-hr connection). The crew was unbelievably helpful. Few examples: they allowed us hang out at the back space - service prep area. They arranged to use empty seats (the tickets were booked in same row, but seating of two infants with 3 adults is not allowed due to oxygen mask limitations in any airplane). The flight attendants even offered to hold/rock the babies for a while during the inevitable melt downs and they offered tips on how to deal with them. All other aspects were as expected: on time planes, easy check-in, no problem with bags (we had paid online). We also checked car seats and a stroller and the stroller can be checked at the gate. Everyone was super-polite and very nice. The airplanes were clean and everything was great. Obviously the lack of entertainment (e.g., screens) and not having free food and drinks are not issues when one travels with babies on lap, as there is no time for any of this and the babies need a lot of work when not sleeping. As a matter of fact, it is much better to bring own entertainment when traveling with kids. We ordered food, beverages, coffee etc and the prices were reasonable. I recommend Play definitely for families with infants or toddlers, and for everyone else. I understand the comments that one needs to be prepared (in terms of screen/electronics needs etc), but again the food and drink choices are great and inexpensive. Quite frankly, it is way cheaper to buy food on the plane than anything from the post-security stores at Boston Logan and take with you on plane. Finally, I recommend to add bags online before the flight (along with car seats, strollers etc). We did that and the check-in process was so easy and the agents were so friendly. We also had to ask a couple of questions before the flight and the Facebook-Messenger platform responses were so fast. Keflavik airport is beautiful and people are so friendly. Passport check etc was very fast, which is very important when traveling with little ones. There was a security guard who informed us that there are free strollers available, which we used and our toddlers had so much fun with. Fellow passengers were mostly understanding and would even try to engage the little ones from time to time. Definitely there were people who felt annoyed and gave us some stares, but overall these reactions (both positive and somewhat negative) are expected. Overall, the experience was really great despite the challenges associated with traveling with toddlers, we will fly Play again and I definitely recommend Play especially to families with kids.
RouteBoston to Athens via Iceland
Date FlownAugust 2023

18th August 2023 : PLAY response

We want to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your positive experience. We strive to deliver top service and we absolutely love feedback like this. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed our cabin crew and the services on board. We'll be sure to share your comments with our crew as we believe positive feedback is important to encourage and enrich our work environment :) Again, thank you so much for telling us about this and we are thrilled to hear you enjoyed flying with us!

"I will never use use PLAY again"

Not Verified | My family of 4 booked a trip to Paris on June 22, 2022 via eDreams. Unfortunately my husband and I had COVID and had to cancel the trip on 04/14/2023 via eDreams. The total cost of the airfare including bags and seats were: $2,789.16 for all 4 of us. I received a response from eDreams on June 8,2023 saying that PLAY has refunded me the amount of $1975.97 directly via my Credit Card on 04/15/2023. With that in mind, I went online and checked all my credit card statements. I did not see any refunds with the amount of $1975.97. I called my credit card company to confirm and spoke to a representative and the representative confirmed that they have not received any refunds from PLAY nor eDreams. At this point, I decided to send a customer complaint to PLAY stating that I have not received any refunds from their company. I received an automatic reply from PLAY on June 11, stating the following: Due to a high volume of requests, we may take up to 6 business days to respond to a regular service request and up to 6 weeks to respond to a claim request. If you have an urgent inquiry, you can contact us on Facebook Messenger, and we’ll assist you from there. As I was asking for a claim request; 6 weeks from June 11th is July 16th. I did not receive any email communications from PLAY on June 16th till today August 09,2023. I also tried reaching out via PLAY's Facebook Messenger on 08/07/2023. The rep wanted to confirm my credit card number. Which I did. It has been a total of 1 month and 4 weeks of business days since June 11, 2023 and no response from PLAY. If you are reading this review and you have another option for another plane company to reach your destination, use the other company. You'll be thankful in case you have to cancel your trip. I will never use use PLAY again.
RouteBoston to Paris via Keflavik
Date FlownApril 2023

10th August 2023 : PLAY response

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. It seems that you have been communicating with a scam account on Facebook. All our social media accounts are verified with the blue tick. We urge you to report the account and take further action with your bank in case your card information has been compromised. Thank you for letting us know about this - we try to stay vigilant and report scam accounts when we see them.