Pegasus Airlines

Pegasus Airlines customer review

London Stansted to Tbilisi Georgia via Istanbul return. I was relieved to find a normal airport check-in with allocated seats and 20kg checked baggage allowance at no extra cost and 8kg hand baggage. London to Istanbul was slightly late but no problem as I was using the Servisair lounge adjacent to the gate. All other flights on time. The long layover each way at Istanbul's modern Sabiha Gökçen (SAW) airport was the worst part especially as neither of the lounges accepted Priority Pass but helpful staff at Gloria Jean's Coffees allowed me to plug my laptop into their power and there was wireless available. Hilarious safety video featuring children – a great idea because you just have to watch it. Planes modern and clean. I learned here that on-board prices are high so I ate and drank before the flights. Unlike others I had no problems with cancellations. So far as I am concerned this is a budget airline which is much better than that very arrogant one which I could Harp on about.

Pegasus Airlines customer review

Stansted - Istanbul Return. Very short check in at STN - agent seemed surprised at our relative lack of luggage perhaps understandable given that 20kg free allowance was included in the ticket price. Chaos at the other desks as Turkish families seemed to be trying to take huge amounts of luggage with them. Flight was around 45 minutes late but kept well informed with regular announcements. Aircraft clean and fresh but legroom very tight. Great funny safety demo video. Crew friendly if a little slow at service. Prices on board were very high - even higher than Ryanair. SAW airport in Istanbul offers limited transport connections into the city but was a much larger airport than expected. Return journey much the same hand baggage limits strictly applied and slightly more chaos at check in. Again crew seemed very genuine and friendly but slow at serving meals and snacks. Flight only 25 minutes late this time.

Pegasus Airlines customer review

I booked 3 seats 5 months in advance. Due to travel at 22.15 I checked the web site on the morning of flight to see that it had been cancelled. I rang the Customer Service line who told me that the flights were still operating. At 1200 I had a call to say my flight was indeed cancelled as was my return. Could I make Stansted by 1200 next day (originally Gatwick). Coming from the Isle of Wight the answer had to be no. Okay I could have a full refund if I supplied IBAN numbers (not credit card refund you would expect) this would be in my bank within 8 days. Got alternative flights and checked bank 2 weeks later - no refund! Rang and e- mailed help desk who took my credit card details and promised refund within 5 days. One week on and still no money. E-mailed again - still no response. We live in hope.

Pegasus Airlines customer review

Stansted to Ercan via Istanbul return. Planes modern flights on time cabin crew had little English but pleasant enough. Drinks and food very overpriced gin and tonic £10 but then reduced it to £8-50 : still did not buy. Buy food and drink before boarding.

Pegasus Airlines customer review

We have had the same problems as most of the UK people have already put on here - that flight cancelled 3 days before due to return with no explanation as to why. There are a few of us who are still in contact trying to get money back from flights lost day holiday and taxi fares from Stansted to Gatwick. Still no reply for me after first writing to them on 18 August!

Pegasus Airlines customer review

Last December booked Gatwick-Dalaman return for September. Message was left on my mobile 3 days before outbound flight to say that the outbound flight was cancelled also received an email. No replies to my emails so had to call the shambolic call centre in Turkey (cost £5.20) and was told there was an alternative Stanstad-Istanbul-Dalaman a day later than original outbound date or £126 refund within 48 hours. Booked alternative with Onur no problems whatsoever. That was over 4 weeks ago have sent over 50 emails to various email addresses within Pegasus and to date have had no replies whatsoever.

Pegasus Airlines customer review

London Stansted-Bodrum return. I am a believer that you get what you pay for and as such I have no problem with budget carriers. What I do have a problem with is when you book flights 6 months in advance only to realise that the airline have decided to habitually cancel that flight every week for the past 2 months without good reason (this was confirmed by Stansted Airport information) each week then only informing passengers 24-48 hours before departure of the cancellation. In our case offered no viable alternative departing even on the same day was offered. I had to incur extra costs and book alternative flights at the last minute and am still waiting for the refund to be processed for the original flight costs. Chaotic call centre in Turkey is the only way to communicate with the airline as emails ignored and advertised customer services number in UK does not work. My advice is to avoid this airline at all costs.

Pegasus Airlines customer review

Manchester to Antalya return. The plane was clean and staff extremely helpful and we had a most comfortable journey. The flights were on time and enjoyable.

Pegasus Airlines customer review

Going out at Gatwick we had been moved along with about 20 or so other people to a charter flight that Pegasus was operating for Olympic holidays at exactly the same time as our scheduled flight. However they had forgotten to send an updated flight manifest to Gatwick. I spent the best part of an hour phoning a rather useless call centre who kept saying 'you are on the flight' - until the lira finally dropped that he actually had to do something. Cabin crew useless didn't get our pre-booked meal. Pegusus then cancelled the return flight and told us there was no flight back to Gatwick and we'd have to wait a week to fly back to Stansted. It was only when we pointed out they would have to pay for accommodation that a flight suddenly appeared via Istanbul. We had no transfer from Stansted - point blank refusal. On the flight back from Istanbul it was full of very disgruntled people some who's flights had been cancelled and had been held at Istanbul airport with a promise of a flight for nearly 48 hours.

Pegasus Airlines customer review

I booked flights last October they took nearly a £1000 more than the quoted cost it took 4 months of phoning every week to get a refund. When we booked I made it clear our 11 year old granddaughter was severely disabled and requested additional baggage allowance as we have to take liquid food with us plus equipment told no problem but to ensure I had a doctors letter I phone a week before we travelled and this was confirmed as being OK again. Arrived at Stansted and was told we would have to pay excess of £440 after arguing for an hour this was reduced to £120. The flight was delayed and we arrived in Istanbul with 30 minutes to transfer to the domestic terminal my wife was given a broken wheelchair and had to carry our granddaughter on her lap. We were not given any assistance or directions to the next flight. The same happened on our return today. The main problems seems to be having staff who cannot speak English. If you have a disability and risk flying with Pegasus ensure you have it confirmed in writing what you will receive in assistance. There were 2 other families on our flights who experienced problems not related to disabilities they also stated they would not accept flights with Pegasus as a gift.