Norse Atlantic Airways

"wouldn't refund our tickets"

Trip Verified | Do not use this airline. They have terrible, anti customer policies and do not deserve your hard earned money. My sister and I had tickets to Paris, but had to cancel our trip due to our grandfather's death. They said that since he didn't pass on the day of the flight, they wouldn't refund our tickets. They have refused to grant a refund of grieving customers because they want a couple hundred extra dollars. Trash customer service.
RouteNew York to Paris
Date FlownMarch 2023

"Crew was friendly"

Trip Verified | One way flight from Oslo to Fort Lauderdale, Florida for $680 per person (including taxes) which was a bargain. They have economy and premium class and we bought premium and all the options which usually come with a US business class flight. Checked in online 24 hours before departure. Departed and arrived on time. Seats comfortable with lots of leg room and ample recline. Each seat had video monitor and good selection of movies on demand. Had USB port to plug in your phone or laptop. Alcoholic drinks were included. First meal was salmon, mashed potatoes and spinach and chocolate mousse which was delicious. Second meal was ham and cheese calzone which was average. The windows had tint control. Crew was friendly. Premium class was almost full while economy class was only 50% full so several economy class passengers slept in the middle section seats. We look forward to flying again on Norse.
RouteOslo to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownMay 2023

"comfort aboard is awful"

Trip Verified | Greedy company. 160$ extra for 5 kilo exceeding weight, this is unbelievable. The ticket itself is not that cheaper from other company. I tried and it will be first and last. Moreover, the comfort aboard is awful. Luckily, onboard crew is nice !
RouteNew-York to Paris

"Worst experience ever"

Trip Verified | Worst experience ever: 140$ for the checked bag (way too greedy). Earphones for 10$ (are you serious?) They charge for everything water, snack. Was surprised toilet was free. No customer service - zero Lost my bag on direct flight and after 24 hours sent me email saying that it wasn’t lost and I didn’t pick it up upon arrival. (We were looking for the bag with 2 persons from lost and found) So they are not going to deliver the bag, you have to go to airport to pick up.
RouteOslo to New York
Date FlownMay 2023

"No nonsense and professional"

Trip Verified | No nonsense and professional. Delayed several hours getting out of JFK, but once you're on it's a comfortable, clean flight. The tint control on the windows of the Dreamliner aircraft kept the ambient light in the cabin nice and dim until the approach into the afternoon light of CDG. If you can manage to keep yourself occupied (i.e. asleep and/or entertained), it's a quick slip across the pond.
RouteNew York to Paris
Date FlownApril 2023

"end-up with exorbitant charges"

Not Verified | Norse tricked me in, with their low "initial" pricing; however, they didn't allow my carry-on on the flight and i had to pay $105.00 to check it in. Bottom line, you pay less initially, yet you end-up with exorbitant charges for anything, even a soda. thank you
RouteLondon to New York
Date FlownApril 2023

"planes and cabins were fine"

Trip Verified | This was I thought a budget airline but by the time I had added the extras ie checked luggage, carry on, meals etc I believe I could have gone cheaper by British Airways, I thought I had checked in on line 24 hours before but was only given a seat number and then had to wait probably 45 minutes in a queue at Gatwick to check in. There was no information about which terminal at JFK. I thought it was Terminal 7 which I'd told my son who was meeting me. In the end it was terminal 1, he had to move his car and pay 2 parking fees. On the return flight I arrived 2 and a half hours before departure time. I had difficulty finding the check in desk as there were no signs at the check in desk I joined a very long queue for check. There were only 3 check in staff and it took 1 and a half hours. I am 77 years old and fortunately quite fit but I pity anyone who is unable to maintain a standing queue for this long. The meals at £25 were quite tasty but miniscule. If I had wanted a blanket for overnight return I would have had to pay. The planes and cabins were fine. I didn' use the entertainment or WiFi
RouteNew York to London

"crew were very nice"

Trip Verified | The crew were very nice and helpful, they were just the best! Served us with such a lovely smile and much more.
RouteOslo to New York
Date FlownApril 2023

"hard time recommending this airline"

Trip Verified | I would have a very hard time recommending this airline. First of all, there is no online check-in option available. Once to get to the airport, you are forced to wait in a very long line to check in. We waited a little over an hour. Secondly, I pre-paid for a carry-on bag. I used the same carry on bag for 10 years with multiple airline without any issues. weight of the bag was about 7kg and way under their 10kg limit. However they made me put it into a metal frame during check-in and my bag was less than 0.5 inches too long. They then charged me another $125 to check my carryon. Meanwhile I already paid a carry on fee when I bought my airline ticket. So I paid twice for my luggage. I contact costumer service to get a refund for the prepaid carry on fee. They said it was non refundable. This airline is a scam. You think you are paying less but in the end you are paying more for a low budget flight. They don’t even offer you water. Beware!
RouteGatwick to New York
Date FlownApril 2023

"7 hour delay while already boarded"

Trip Verified | 7 hour delay while already boarded. They left us in our seats on the runway the entire time and wouldn’t serve any food or drink “until the aircraft is in the air” - which is never was, the flight was cancelled after 7 pointless hours on the tarmac. The staff were rude and gave us very little information. When we asked what we should do about missing a connecting flight due to the delay, they said “next time book a longer connection between flights”. Worst airline experience of my life.
RouteLos Angeles to London via New York