Norse Atlantic Airways

"Useless customer service"

Not Verified | I have not managed to fly with Norse, they cancelled our flight in November from Barbados to London, leaving us having to find replacement premium economy seats. They have no contact telephone number in the UK and every time I do as they tell me, when requesting my refund on their website, I can't take it further because they have cancelled the flight. They have now had my money for months, keep sending me the same email back when I contact them which is no use and I'm going to have to use charge back on my credit card to get my money. Useless customer service, I certainly won't bother with them again, no matter how good the deal seems. Would give them 0 if I could but the minimum rating is 1.
RouteBridgetown to London
Date FlownAugust 2023

"seats extremely tight and barely recline"

Not Verified | Awful. The seats are genuinely the worst seats, extremely tight and barely recline. But the absolute worst part was the baggage claim. Over 30 mins and not one single bag came out. People waiting around with no idea where their bags were or why it was even taking so long. The worst customer service and just overall service.
RouteLondon to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownAugust 2023

"worst airline I have ever flown"

Trip Verified | Norse Atlantic isn't really a budget airline - they make their money back by squeezing it from you penny by penny. In my case, they charged 121 euros to do checked baggage at the airport. I had already paid for a carry on bag and they wouldn't let me credit the money that I already paid towards the fee (my bag was a carry-on size, but slightly overweight). I'd come from a connecting flight with Turkish Airlines whose carry-on allowance was even lower (8kg instead of 10kg) but Turkish Airlines didn't mind, and on my entire trip I was flying with other budget airlines who didn't mind either. Yes, it's definitely true that travelers should stick to the allowances permitted by each airline but given that each airline has slightly different requirements for baggage, and some are more strict than others - I think this can be a real nuisance for travelers on long trips with many flights, to figure out what the actual rules are. Norse Atlantic disallows online check-ins so they can weigh and measure carry-on luggage, and charge for it - the flight plan I had booked ended up taking longer and costing more than a direct flight with a more reputable company. Add to that the fact that there is no food without paying extra - this airline ranks as the worst airline I have ever flown.
RouteRome to New York
Date FlownAugust 2023

"Excellent, neat clean aircraft"

(Pakistan)

Trip Verified | This was the first time I flew Norse. Excellent, neat clean aircraft, very helpful check in staff as well as the crew. We flew from London to Washington on the 5th June and then I and my daughter had to fly back on 8th July, but after checking in and nearly boarding we had an emergency - my niece had to be taken to hospital so we off loaded. Ground staff helped and especially a lady named Majda at Dulles airport and her colleague were so cooperative. I requested for any refund and we were told to email. My daughter emailed and we were given a refund voucher of 1040 dollars, to use within 12 months on any Norse flight. I cannot thank them & Norse enough. A suggestion, please have a helpline number as you don’t have any.
RouteGatwick to Washington

"NOT a budget airline"

Trip Verified | I took my first (and most probably last) flight of Norse yesterday. As mentioned by many, it is NOT a budget airline. You purchase a low cost ticket and this airline tricks you with add-ons charges and you end up paying way more than normal airline. Norse, as you are charging for every small aspect, a small suggestion to you to increase revenue. You can also charge passengers for utilizing lavatory depending on number of minutes used.
RouteNew York to London Gatwick
Date FlownJuly 2023

"trying to get a refund"

Not Verified | I had an emergency that required me to return home 2 weeks earlier than originally planned. The airline doesn't have a customer care line to speak to someone directly, and they take over a day to respond via their email correspondences. When I tried to change my flight, their website was deceptive on the price it would cost. I thought I was booking a new flight that had the same price as my original ticket and thought the cost to change was only $200. Turns out they charged me over $800. After complaining and trying to get a refund and my original flight back, the customer service agents informed me "there was nothing they could do". To me this was ridiculous because as agents working for the airline, it seems like they are the only people that should be able to do something. After inquiring several times for an agent to talk with over the phone and where I could file a formal complaint... there was no communication from the company. They also nickel and dime you for absolutely every cost, never in my life did I have to pay for my meals on an international flight especially after paying $1000 extra dollars. Worst airline ever, never fly with them.
RouteLondon to Ft Lauderdale

"We were very satisfied"

Not Verified | I cannot confirm or understand the negative reviews. We 2 adults 3 kids were very satisfied. Leg room was good, board entertainment was good, all staff were very friendly. We knew in advance that you had to pay for the food and it wasn't a problem for us. We travel a lot and will continue to choose this airline in the future. All information about meals, blankets or headsets are mentioned several times when booking, as are the baggage rules. But you save a lot on the ticket price. Super Service. Also ich kann diese negativen Bewertungen nicht bestätigen oder nachvollziehen. Wir 2Adult 3 Kids, waren sehr zufrieden. Die Beinfreiheit war gut, Board entertainment war gut, alle Mitarbeiter waren sehr freundlich. Das man das Essen bezahlen muss wussten wir vorab und war für uns kein Problem. Wir reisen sehr viel und werden auch in Zukunft diese Airline wählen. Alle Informationen zur Verpflegung, decken oder Headset werden bei der Buchung mehrmals darauf hingewiesen, genau wie die Gepäcksregeln. Dafür spart man doch deutlich am Ticketpreis. Super Service.
RouteLondon to Orlando
Date FlownJuly 2023

"In this case, cheaper isn’t better"

Trip Verified | Worst airline I’ve ever flown with. Waited in a 3 hour check in line because they don’t do online boarding passes. Rude workers. Carry-on is not included so I was forced to pay $70 at the plane. Food is also not included (on an 8 hour plane ride)! In this case, cheaper isn’t better. Fly Delta and pay the price, this airline isn’t worth it. Would rate this airline a zero if I could!
RouteGatwick to Washington
Date FlownJuly 2023

"bilked and bullied by employees"

Trip Verified | My wife and I are traveling with soft backpacks clothes only. Our packs were weighed both were fine. Then we were asked to fit them in the size pouch. With gentle push both packs fit, separately. She said because we pushed we would be charged. We asked to readjust so they would set in and she told us we would have to go to the back of the line. Do not be fooled by discount tickets only to be bilked and bullied by employees at the airport.
RouteOslo to Fort Lauderdale

"Carry ons aren’t free"

Trip Verified | Only reason I used this airline was because I had someone else book the flight. First and last time I do that, first and last time I fly with Norse. Upon arrival everyone waited at least 40 minutes to get checked in. They charge for everything. Norse is the spirit airlines for international travelers. Carry ons aren’t free. Food isn’t free. $5 for headphones. I’m sure blankets, pillows or any other commodity isn’t free. If you’re trying to save money because this airline has a cheaper ticket price, spend the extra $200 on a better airline with all the amenities.
RouteLos Angeles to London Gatwick