Malaysia Airlines

"customer service was excellent"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Flight left on time and arrived on time. Food and drink was terrific and customer service was excellent. Perfect brewed Coffee - best I have ever had on an airplane. Why do they not advertise alcohol? If you ask you get! Asked and they had Beer, Wine, Spirits and Champagne. Business Class seats are old fashioned style, not luxurious and basic in design. Lie flat bed was very uncomfortable. Seats were worn out and looked like they badly needed a refresh / upgrade. There was no Onboard Wi-Fi or Internet over the whole 10 hour flight.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Auckland
Date FlownMarch 2024

"were then told none left"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Short flight just under 2 hours. Only 3 rows of business class seats (4 seats across in 2 x 2) My wife and I were in 2 D & F. We were offered a choice of 3 main meals, requested our choice and were then told none left. How can the 1st row and the last row get served first and the middle row left to last! No TV, No Audio (must bring your own!)
RouteBangkok to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownMarch 2024

"not refunding the excess money"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | I booked two tickets for my mother and my sister to travel from Chennai to New Zealand. They came to NZ without any problem, however, there was no wheel chair assistance given. When going back i called Malaysia Airlines to ask them to cancel my sisters ticket and keep my mothers ticket as it is because only she will be travelling and i made sure i booked a flexi ticket so i can cancel anytime. When i spoke to the agent she said she has cancelled the ticket for my sister and had my mums kept as it is. But two days before my mothers travel i went online to check the ticket i found that her ticket was kept on hold. So i called the Airlines and they said its been cancelled. I asked them why and they said I requested it to be cancelled. After a day of fight with them and language barrier of them not understanding English properly they found out that its was the 1st agents mistake as she cancelled both the ticket instead. So, i had to rebook the ticket just one day before the travel which was so expensive. And my mother couldn't be in NZ as she was in visitor visa and had to leave the country in a day. Now the airlines knows that its their mistake and took the complaint but they are not refunding the excess money i paid because of the last minute tickets which would be close to $700 to $800 NZD. Its been three months now and they said they will get back in 40 days which was in the beginning of January to be exact 4th of January. We would have made numerous number of calls to the airline and no one are able to give a proper answer and they kept saying their manager would call back which has not happened till now.
RouteAuckland to Chennai via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJanuary 2024

"No snacks, beverages or water at the gate"

Trip Verified | No boarding pass issued after online check in. Itinerary does not use proper English or Philippines abbreviations baggage limits. Waste of time on this airline and needed to haul baggage down stairs to gate. Gate at Manila Airport was extremely hot without air conditioning in February. The manager screamed and said it was not her job to provide customer support. No snacks, beverages or water at the gate even if it’s delayed.
RouteManila to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownFebruary 2024

"the exemplary cabin crew"

Not Verified | Great flight. Choice of lounges at Heathrow - Gulf Air or Qatar. We chose Qatar Airways lounge and although very busy enjoyed a lovely expresso martini at the cocktail area. Boarding was on time and we were greeted by very friendly cabin crew and shown to our seats. I had selected 4A and 6A as they offer more privacy. Welcome drinks were offered and then shortly after take off the famous satay snack offering. Flight was very comfortable but what really stood out for me was the exemplary cabin crew - courteous, smiling, engaging probably the best cabin crew I have encountered in my travels. Used the complimentary wi-fi which was excellent. Catering offered Malay and European dishes along with nice drinks selection. The only let down for me was the IFE film selection, not many new movies and a lot of children's movies. Despite the IFE issue I would 100% fly this airline again. Our return flight and several domestic flights were also excellent.
RouteLondon to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJanuary 2024

"staff was rude and unhelpful"

(South Korea)

Trip Verified | I had a flight at 23:15 on March 3, but it was delayed 5 and a half hours to 4:45 am in the morning. As a result, I had to miss my Monday morning meeting and felt groggy all day. They did not provide a re-routing flight or offer a hotel in the terminal where I can rest. I had to stay in a noisy, smelly, and crowded Golden Lounge for 7 hours of waiting with screaming kids and loud guests - the worst business lounge in the world. There was only one staff handling hundreds of angry customers and from 22:21, I had to wait very long before I could ask for a re-routing flight with Korean Air at 23:50. By then, it was too late and the flight was full. The staff was rude and unhelpful. This is the third time in my last trip that the flight has been delayed for 5 hours. It is impossible to schedule meetings since the management is totally incompetent and they do not have enough planes to cover all their routes.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Incheon
Date FlownMarch 2024

"Service has been sub standard"

Trip Verified | Flight delayed with no communication on how long and now stuck in this hot box of a waiting area. Service has been sub standard the whole time. Flight here was equally as woeful with poor food and waking people up at 3am. Seems like Malaysian hospitality no longer means much. No preferential treatment for one world status which seems to be a dishonor of being a part of the group. Would not fly again by choice.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Perth
Date FlownFebruary 2024

"commended for their improved services"

Trip Verified | This my second time flying with Malaysian Airlines since the Covid. Their services have certainly improved. I found them to be more attentive and responsive than prior to Covid. Food, is as usual, more than sufficient and tasty. Considering that they have to handle a crowded plane, I must commend them for their patience and efficiency. All in all, they deserved to be commended for their improved services. My only criticism is that their widely advertised Free Wifi is dysfunctional, or non-existent.
RouteSydney to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJanuary 2024

“cancelled flight, no information provided”

Not Verified | Just absolutely rubbish, cancelled flight with no information provided. Unfriendly staff who don't make any effort to help you. Come back the next day after the cancelled flight to find myself sitting in the aircraft because of technical difficulties. Waiting for that one to be cancelled now. Obviously unsafe aircraft if they are having technical difficulties all the times.
AircraftA330-300
RoutePerth to Kuala Lumpur via Mandurah

“Another overnight delay”

Trip Verified | I had two flights to get from Hanoi to Perth. The first flight from Hanoi to KL. was cancelled due to technical issues. I was rebooked 24 hours later. Eventually made it to KL to have the second leg cancelled due to technical difficulties. Another overnight delay. Hotels were provided but only after very long waits and not well organised. I wonder if they have any planes that don’t have technical problems as I certainly didn’t get one.
RouteHanoi to Perth