Malaysia Airlines

"haven't received my baggage"

Mumbai to Melbourne via Kuala Lumpur. They issued me invoice in AUD but charged my CC in USD which made my trip expensive and they won't refund. The aircraft was dirty and toilet I used was not clean. We had issues loading our cabin luggage and the food was spicy. The staff had no smile on the face and professionalism was missing. They lost my baggage and its been 2 days now and I still haven't received my baggage. I have been calling the baggage service since past 2 days and no one is responding back nor replying to my emails or voicemails. The flights were not cheap even, I paid Christmas fares. No compensation or correction offered.
RouteMumbai to Melbourne via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"never ever use this airline again"

Not Verified | Perth to Delhi via Kuala Lumpur. I booked with Malaysia Airlines. The day I was to fly they delayed my flight for 2 hours. Later I was in the airport in Perth then again delayed. All passengers got frustrated. I missed my next flight because of this. I had to spend money again to rebook the ticket. I will never ever use this airline again.
RoutePerth to Delhi via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownNovember 2019

"disappointing customer service"

Trip Verified | Don't use this airline. I will never ever use these people again. I flew from Auckland to London today, with stopover at Kuala Lumpur. The Auckland flight was first delayed by 2 hours due to engineering issues. This caused me to miss my connecting flight. We were issued a replacement flight, but had to wait from 9am to 11.30pm to get on this flight. I told them I need to get on an earlier flight due to work. There has to be an earlier flight to London during a 15 hour period! Then what I experienced was the most unhelpful, unapologetic customer service at the Transfer Desk. They lied to me that there was no flight earlier (there was). The worst is the so called manager - when the front desk briefed him on the issue, decided to ignore us and walked to another line to talk to other customers - and the next available flight for me was in less than an hour! When I finally spoke to him, he asked me 'what is the flight number you want to be put on?' What a ridiculous question coming from the airline. By the time they faffed around 1 hour later, I wouldn't get on the earlier flight - I doubt they ever intended to get me on it with their attitude. During my 1 hour of waiting, I heard a girl screaming at them that "I already bought 3 tickets", and she still couldn't fly. Two others said their flight was delayed but they were not notified. A few others not offered hotel when they had to wait from 9 to 4pm. Very disappointing customer service, the only nice thing was the front desk girl who had helped me to with directions to the airport hotel, after feeling bad for the actions of her superiors.
RouteAuckland to London via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"staff are abysmally rude"

Trip Verified | Perth to Guangzhou via Kuala Lumpur. This is absolutely the worst flying experience I have ever had. The plane is retimed 1 hour late. Then delayed another 2 hours. Then another 2 hours. Then another 2 hours! Absolutely shocking and no apology or compensation or anything. The staff are abysmally rude and do not take the customers seriously. I will never fly Malaysia airlines again!
RoutePerth to Guangzhou via Kuala Lumpur

"the service was great"

Trip Verified | I flew from Cochin to Phnom Penh by Malaysia Airlines last week and the service was great. Today (14 January 2020) I am going back to Cochin, during my check in at Phnom Penh I had very bad experience. I waited in line for long time, the economy lane gone more faster, then when I asked the lady at check in why it is taking too long for business class, she shouted at me, she said we have problems and all are business class, not only you. If she said it politely I wouldn’t have written this, but shouting is very bad response.
RoutePhnom Penh to Cochin via Kuala Lumpur

"Food was disappointing"

Not Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Melbourne with Malaysia Airlines. Took off on time and cabin announcements were clear. Ground staff service efficient. Golden Lounge big but lack ambience. Service by cabin attendants generally was poor and somewhat remote. Food was disappointing being very average. Cheese and items after mains etc as per Menu Card were not offered on this particular trip and no explanation was given. Cabin staff were not very engaging. Incredibly no breakfast was provided after a night flight on this trip. It seems like the cabin lights came on just as landing announcements were made.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Melbourne
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"aircraft was far from clean"

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Sydney in Economy Extra Leg Room. My TV Screen would just drop down every now and then. My wife Headset had a loud crackle and static. I ordered a Gluten Free meal. I received Fish that was was dry. I don't expect good food on an aircraft but this was the worst meal that I have ever been served. I received a snack about 2 hours before landing. I asked for a glass of water that was served from a jug and the water was warm. The aircraft was far from clean. We used wipes to clean the arm rests and the wipes ended up far from white. I will go back to Malaysia but I would rather go via a connection with another airline than directly with MAS and I'm sorry for all the good people that work for Malaysian.
AircraftA330-300
RouteKuala Lumpur to Sydney
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"disregard for the customer"

Trip Verified | London to Auckland via Kuala Lumpur. I booked 4 flights in April 2019 to travel in January 2020 and within weeks of booking Malaysia Airlines changed 2 of them to different days and times. As they had not changed the other 2 flights they would not give me a full refund if I cancelled. The new flight times cost me an extra £250 in hotels, but even more frustrating the new flight schedule was £600 cheaper than my original itinerary, but Malaysia Airlines would not offer any reduction. After many months of dealing with an inconsiderate company they gave me a token number of air miles. This compensation cannot be used to book seats and is not even enough to get access to their airport lounge. Their Customer Service is so poor; a web site contact only; delayed responses; being pushed from one department to another and just an overall disregard for the customer.
RouteLondon to Auckland via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"service was very polite"

Not Verified | Kuala Lumpur to London Heathrow. Check in was straight forward and quick as was immigration and security. Greeted at the aircraft door with a warm welcome and a smile. Took off on time and cabin announcements were clear. Shortly after takeoff peanut and drinks service then after about an hour in flight first meal service commenced. Choice was Asian or European dish with a choice of wine or soft drinks. Meal consisted of salad, main, desert and cheese and warm roll. More drinks followed and throughout the 14.5 hour flight or were available at the rear of the aircraft. Breakfast offered 2 hours prior to landing with again 2 choices and hot drinks. Throughout the flight the toilets were cleaned frequently. The service was very polite and courteous with lots of interaction with the crew if you were willing to chat but otherwise slightly low key. Leg room was satisfactory but the entertainment system was easy to use and rapid loading the films were slightly outdated and not the best.
AircraftA350 900
RouteKuala Lumpur to London Heathrow
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"lack of customer focused service"

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Melbourne. I have flown Malaysia Airlines business class many times due to needing to join my airline from KL. I would love to say they have improved however the sad truth is, they haven't. I would have to say that the Golden Lounge in KL was excellent, with attentive staff and great showers and food. The flight was prompt and on time. The crew seemed a bit remote and did not engage. I almost felt like I was imposing on them to ask for anything. The food was average and the satays were now down the 4 sticks instead of 6. The wine I had was average and one glass I had was corked. I really hope Malaysian get their act together as it is a good option out of Australia. There would be minimal cost as most of the issues seem to stem from a lack of customer-focused service.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Melbourne