Malaysia Airlines

"worst experience with the food"

Trip Verified | Manila to Kuala Lumpur was Boeing 737-800 with the normal seating arrangement of 3+3 which is cramped & worst experience with the food option. The quality of my food was disgusting & better to prebook the meals if you're vegetarian. Kuala Lumpur to Bengaluru flight was A330-300 better than the Boeing but the service was pathetic. Very poor attitude of the flight attendants.
RouteManila to Bengaluru via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownAugust 2022

"Wanted to add extra baggage"

Trip Verified | Had my relatives bought tickets for my parent to fly from Kuala Lumpur to Sydney in September 2022. Wanted to add extra baggage and contacted the airlines to get a quote. Was quoted a price up to RM300. So got my relative to add it only to find out it cost RM672. Was not told until a week later because I live in Adelaide and only received the bill late. So I immediately contacted the airline to clear things over. Wanted to cancel the purchase and was told I cannot. Wanted to speak to a manager and waited 2 days without any contact. Called them and had to go through another consultant only to be told a manager would say the same. I felt that this is a con because they did quote me a price but charged another when I took the initiative to contact them from overseas. To make things worst, I can't even cancel it!
RouteKuala Lumpur to Sydney
Date FlownJuly 2022

"They lost my parents' bags"

Trip Verified | Awful airline. They lost my parents' bags, and they were flying business class. After numerous emails, Malaysia Airlines has still not compensated my parents. It is ridiculous that they flew business class and still received such poor service. Moreover, it was a direct flight, which makes the lost baggage an even more baffling incident. Nevertheless, no efforts to compensate our parents have been made. It has been almost 2 months since they returned home without their bags, and Malaysia Airlines is still dodging all compensation requests.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Mumbai
Date FlownJune 2022

"I was pleasantly surprised"

Trip Verified | I was pleasantly surprised by how efficient and easy travel with them was. Additionally, on my way back I needed to remove part of my leg travel and they were able to do it hassle-free over the phone. I found the customer service easy and very pleasant. The food on the plane could be better but in all fairness, it wasn't too bad. I will definitely fly with them again.
RouteKuala Lumpur to London
Date FlownAugust 2022

"The cabin crew were excellent"

Trip Verified | The manager at the check-in desk was terrible and didn’t know his job. A lovely check in lady showed him where he was wrong. The cabin crew were excellent. Friendly, efficient and helpful. I cannot speak highly enough about all of them.
RoutePerth to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownAugust 2022

"I have been waiting 7 months"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | After cancelling our flight we had to leave the plane and informed we had to go to a hotel. They said I would be reimbursed for the cost of a taxi which was $100 AUD. I filed my claim and received an offer confirming I could claim, and they said I will need to wait for my Receipt and Discharge form. I have sent a total of 7 emails, no replies. I have called the airline and tried to contact them via facebook, instagram, and they all just say 'you must wait for the R&D form'. I have been waiting 7 months. I will never fly with them again.
RouteSydney to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"MH staff have been confused and unhelpfuL"

Trip Verified | Flight from KK was diverted from KL due to storm so missed our connection. MH did put us in a hotel but it took a long time to arrange and was really confusing and stressful with very little direction. The following evening our flight had a technical problem and we missed our connection in Doha. For some reason Malaysia Airlines booked us a flight departing a full 12 hours later to London with a connecting flight to Manchester - despite there being a direct flight to Manchester just a few hours later - there were also earlier flights to London - quite why Malaysia Airlines decided to put us on such poor connections is beyond me. We are currently due to arrive in destination 2 days later than planned. Throughout this ordeal MH staff have been confused and unhelpful which has led to a very stressful flight.
RouteKota Kinabalu to Manchester via Kuala Lumpur and Doha
Date FlownJuly 2022

"My flight over was terrible"

Trip Verified | My flight over was terrible. I had to change seats 3 times and still had a problem. The service was ok, but food terrible. The head jacks buzz and hurt my ears. This is my return trip and nothing has improved. When you lodge a complaint, they never respond. I connected with Oman Airways. They are amazing in all ways.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Sydney
Date FlownJuly 2022

"absolutely appalling behaviour for the overcharge"

Trip Verified | During check in Malaysia Airlines demanded all luggage be weighed including hand luggage and carry-ons, food, laptop with case and other small hand carried items like medication. This was a total shock, never in my years of travel has an airline company gone this far, anyhow the conclusion was our group was deemed 15kgs over and charged 250US, however additional luggage on their website is calculated at 40US for 10kg, absolutely appalling behaviour for the overcharge. On arrival to Kuala Lumper Malaysia Airlines lost our charged luggage bag and we waited at the airport half a day until it was located and brought to us. We were unable to leave the airport as the bag contained medication. We lost half a day of our holiday and a total inconvenience to our transfers and accommodation. We decided since Malaysia Airlines was cutthroat when we checked in our Luggage we would also make a complaint and request a refund for the paid checked in luggage they lost and found hours later. No response till now days later, will never fly with this airline again and will not recommend anyone to fly with Malaysia Airlines.
RouteMumbai to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJuly 2022

"worst imaginable customer service"

(Malaysia)

Not Verified | Auckland to Kuala Lumpur. I travel extensively and this airline has the worst imaginable customer service I have ever faced. Having spent 4 hrs on the phone sorting out an issue with them the staff were rude, unhelpful and just lazy. They kept trying to defer the problem and asking me to call back the following day. They did not call back themselves after promising to therefore had to spent hours longer on the phone. They also refused to put a supervisor on the phone. My business has always used Malaysia Airlines due to where I work but I will never use them again.
RouteAuckland to Kuala Lumpur