Malaysia Airlines

"Check in took us 45 minutes"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Kuala Lumpur. Malaysian hospitality at its worst and filthy seats. Check in took us 45 minutes despite being 4th in the row. The check-in desk was manned by inefficient members. This was followed with seats that hadn’t been cleaned and the floor in front of us had food scraps. The cabin crew did not acknowledge requests for anything and their attitude is easily the worst.
RouteSydney to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"service was not good for me"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Kochin to Auckland via Kuala Lumpur. Crew is not happy and service was not good for me. Will get two meals in between those two meals there is more than 7 hours difference. I don't recommend Malaysian airlines. If I asked something the crew doesn't reply or respond to me.
RouteKochin to Auckland via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"disappointed on this flight"

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Jakarta. Totally disappointed on this flight. The regional golden lounge was not worth going into so I went to the other lounge. Aircraft change from A330 to Boeing 737. Onboard crew were friendly but once seated the aircraft was hot. Crew served welcome drinks and hot towels, my meal was bland dry beef with chutney.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Jakarta
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"not address by names anymore"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to London. Flight departed on time. My main issue was that cabin crew did not address the passengers by their names anymore, which this was a unique way of service touch point used by MAS for so long. It was sad seeing this no longer in use, not even a “Sir” or “Madam” used in between conversations, flight was smooth, was hoping for an extraordinary service but it was not given.
RouteKuala Lumpur to London
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"crew was exceptionally friendly"

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Kuala Lumpur. Excellent flight with a very comfy full flat seat. The crew was exceptionally friendly and eager to please and to deliver a First class service even though the Business class cabin was full. Glad to see Malaysia Airlines has resumed serving alcohol as the flight was only 2h30mn. I recommend highly them.
RouteDenpasar to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"made a cancellation recently"

(Brunei)

Trip Verified | Brunei to Penang via Kuala Lumpur. I made a cancellation recently because my workplace made an announcement that travelling isn't advisable at this time due to the spread of Wuhan/Corona virus. Since I was going through KL to go to Penang, I thought this was wise. A friend travelling to Penang from South Korea also cancelled her tickets, and she did it a few days after me. And she got pver 70% refund of her tickets with a $100 cancellation fee. The flight was about 3 weeks away at that point. What seems bizarre to me is this: I cancelled my ticket days before this friend and out of the $513, I only received $31. When I wrote to customer care, this particular staff kept stressing on their flight advisory for flight to and from China. The staff handling this issue kept dodging my request for this breakdown of cancellation charges, and never really answered my questions.
RouteBrunei to Penang via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"They did not help my wife"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Kuala Lumpur. The cabin crew were rude and disengaged to me. They did not help my wife with her overhead baggage at all and stood staring. When asking for our meal options, the cabin crew did not seem to have the patience.
RouteMelbourne to Kuala Lumpur

"the food were ordinary"

(Iran)

Trip Verified | Sydney to Kuala Lumpur. Airplane cabin was very noisy and the food were ordinary. I think flight attendants were not patient specially a man that serve in our row, he was a little impolite. Airport service was good.
AircraftA330-300
RouteSydney to Kuala Lumpur

"Crew were very polite"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Mumbai. The satay is one of best thing in this flight. Crew were very polite. Very good taste of food. Malaysia Airlines Golden Lounge with the new refurbished set up is one of the best lounge in the region.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Mumbai

"experiencing Malaysian Hospitality"

Trip Verified | Perth to Kuala Lumpur. Malaysia Airlines currently flies A330-200 which are former Air Berlin aircrafts. Business class seats come with full lie-down flat bed which is quite comfortable to get some rest especially on a midnight flight. The aircraft is a little aged but is still well kept. Business class passengers have access to priority check-in and boarding at Perth Airport, and access to Qantas International Lounge. Onboard the aircraft, the Malaysia Airlines crew has definitely shown me a true Malaysian Hospitality. The crew takes the time to know our names, and greet each passengers politely, e.g. Mr Smith. The highlight of Malaysia Airlines business class flight is their signature satay and the crew spoiled me today with a generous serve of the satay and generous portion of the peanut sauce. For dinner, I chose the roasted chicken which is cooked beautifully and to perfection. After dinner, most passengers have lied down their bed and slept. We were each given a pillow and a blanket. Before arriving, the crew went around for another serve of beverages. I chose the teh tarik (literally translates as pull tea) which is a signature beverage among the local. Before I alight the aircraft, the crew wishes me Gong Hei Fatt Choi which is an auspicious saying for any Chinese celebrating Chinese New Year. It is tiny gesture like this that makes me walk away not only being well fed but truly experiencing what Malaysian Hospitality is all about.
AircraftA330-200