Malaysia Airlines

"The cabin crew were excellent"

Trip Verified | The manager at the check-in desk was terrible and didn’t know his job. A lovely check in lady showed him where he was wrong. The cabin crew were excellent. Friendly, efficient and helpful. I cannot speak highly enough about all of them.
RoutePerth to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownAugust 2022

"I have been waiting 7 months"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | After cancelling our flight we had to leave the plane and informed we had to go to a hotel. They said I would be reimbursed for the cost of a taxi which was $100 AUD. I filed my claim and received an offer confirming I could claim, and they said I will need to wait for my Receipt and Discharge form. I have sent a total of 7 emails, no replies. I have called the airline and tried to contact them via facebook, instagram, and they all just say 'you must wait for the R&D form'. I have been waiting 7 months. I will never fly with them again.
RouteSydney to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"MH staff have been confused and unhelpfuL"

Trip Verified | Flight from KK was diverted from KL due to storm so missed our connection. MH did put us in a hotel but it took a long time to arrange and was really confusing and stressful with very little direction. The following evening our flight had a technical problem and we missed our connection in Doha. For some reason Malaysia Airlines booked us a flight departing a full 12 hours later to London with a connecting flight to Manchester - despite there being a direct flight to Manchester just a few hours later - there were also earlier flights to London - quite why Malaysia Airlines decided to put us on such poor connections is beyond me. We are currently due to arrive in destination 2 days later than planned. Throughout this ordeal MH staff have been confused and unhelpful which has led to a very stressful flight.
RouteKota Kinabalu to Manchester via Kuala Lumpur and Doha
Date FlownJuly 2022

"My flight over was terrible"

Trip Verified | My flight over was terrible. I had to change seats 3 times and still had a problem. The service was ok, but food terrible. The head jacks buzz and hurt my ears. This is my return trip and nothing has improved. When you lodge a complaint, they never respond. I connected with Oman Airways. They are amazing in all ways.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Sydney
Date FlownJuly 2022

"absolutely appalling behaviour for the overcharge"

Trip Verified | During check in Malaysia Airlines demanded all luggage be weighed including hand luggage and carry-ons, food, laptop with case and other small hand carried items like medication. This was a total shock, never in my years of travel has an airline company gone this far, anyhow the conclusion was our group was deemed 15kgs over and charged 250US, however additional luggage on their website is calculated at 40US for 10kg, absolutely appalling behaviour for the overcharge. On arrival to Kuala Lumper Malaysia Airlines lost our charged luggage bag and we waited at the airport half a day until it was located and brought to us. We were unable to leave the airport as the bag contained medication. We lost half a day of our holiday and a total inconvenience to our transfers and accommodation. We decided since Malaysia Airlines was cutthroat when we checked in our Luggage we would also make a complaint and request a refund for the paid checked in luggage they lost and found hours later. No response till now days later, will never fly with this airline again and will not recommend anyone to fly with Malaysia Airlines.
RouteMumbai to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJuly 2022

"worst imaginable customer service"

(Malaysia)

Not Verified | Auckland to Kuala Lumpur. I travel extensively and this airline has the worst imaginable customer service I have ever faced. Having spent 4 hrs on the phone sorting out an issue with them the staff were rude, unhelpful and just lazy. They kept trying to defer the problem and asking me to call back the following day. They did not call back themselves after promising to therefore had to spent hours longer on the phone. They also refused to put a supervisor on the phone. My business has always used Malaysia Airlines due to where I work but I will never use them again.
RouteAuckland to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJuly 2022

"flight was changed several times"

Not Verified | I bought a ticket from Tokyo to Perth back in March. At that time, they were selling the best connection flight with the reasonable fare. The transit time at KUL was a few hours for the both going and returning. After I purchased, the flight was changed several times. The last flight schedule they put on us required us to stay at KUL airport for a day when going and two days(!!) when returning. And because this was transit, I was supposed to stay at the airport for two days which was practically impossible. I called them several times and they only proposed the alternative route which would still make us stay at KUL for a day and needed to shorten our trip from 14 days to 10 days. I asked them to connect me with their manager and they said they will call me back which never happened of course. To my astonishment, they were selling a perfect connection flight from KUL to Tokyo on their homepage. I pointed it out and they said that they were unable to put us on this flight because it is a code-share flight. They should have some flexibility rather than putting this problem on their customers. I gave up fixing this and canceled the flight at the last minute. I eventually re-booked a flight with another airline. Never fooled with their original flight schedule with a nice price. It is nothing if it never happens and you would eventually feel a lot of stress / pay for a lot more.
RouteTokyo to Perth via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJuly 2022

"dragging their feet about paying me compensation"

Trip Verified | This has to be the worst airline I have ever travelled on. They lost all 3 of my bags, then 2 turned up 4 days late. The last one has never been found and its not been a month and they are dragging their feet about paying me compensation for my loss of bag as well as having to buy items when I got to Perth with nothing. I would never fly with this airline again and would never tell anyone to get on a plane with them.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Perth
Date FlownJune 2022

"called up asking for some compensation"

Not Verified | I Left London Heathrow on the 27th June on MH3 a scheduled departure time of 11am. The flight left at 12.06pm and landed in KUL at 8.14am. When I arrived in KUL boarding for my Perth flight MH125 departing at 8.25 had closed and I was provided with alternative flights to Perth. I was put flight MH123 to Sydney departing at 23.45pm, than flight to Perth arriving late afternoon on the 29th June, over 24hours after I was meant to land. Which meant waiting at the airport for over 15 hours than, taking another 12-hour flight than another 5 hour flight when my original flight from KL to Perth was only another 5 hours. Making my 20-hour journey into an over 40-hour Journey. I am vegetarian and was given no options to get a vegetarian meal with online check in or when booking my tickets when I asked for a vegetarian meal on the flight, I got told I had to book 48 hours in advance witch is ridiculous. When I had these complications with my flight, I asked to be given a vegetarian meal on the next flight as it was the least, they could do, and they gave me the same response. I got given ‘food’ and ‘accommodation’ at the airport which was disgusting and again as a vegetarian the only thing I could eat was Lukewarm pasta and tomato sauce, which was gross. When I asked to use the phone at the Malaysia airlines desk to make some international calls I was denied by the airline and had to use another passengers. How was my family to know I was safe when I didn’t arrive at Perth airport when I intended too. I called up this afternoon asking for some compensation and got told because I had redeemed my alternative flights given to me, I was entitled to none. I shall never be flying with this airline again and the ‘cheap’ price is not even worth it. My experience with this airline was worse than my experience with long haul budget airlines.
RouteLondon to Perth via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJune 2022

"A very disappointed passenger"

Trip Verified | My friend and I traveled from Dublin to London Heathrow with on 26/6/22 and London Heathrow to Kuala Lumpur and Kuala Lumpur to Bali Denpasar. When we arrived into Bali to our horror our luggage was not at the airport and we reported this immediately to a member of staff. We were informed by a staff member that we would receive an email with a reference number regarding our case but we have not received this or any further correspondence from any of your team. I am absolutely horrified with the lack of service and communication from your company. We are on our holidays with no luggage! When I return from this trip I will never fly with your company again. We have only received empty promises and zero communication when we need it most! A very disappointed passenger.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Denpasar